forum

Shokk - You Reposted in the Wrong Neighborhood

posted
Total Posts
show more
vipto
i dont think some random screenshot is the best source for metadata, especially when there is a soundcloud account on which the artist releases music very frequently. i'm personally not that keen on metadata but it seems really obvious here.
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
It's not "random", it's the artist saying he/she goes by that name. This only goes for the artist name and the song's title is taken from soundcloud. Now, I'm gonna re-explain this clearly and hopefully satisfy you. So initially I was using the artist name as it is in souncloud; however, that required a romanized version of it, so I sent a pm to our favorite awesome metadata girl, KwaN. After taking a look into it, KwaN told me that romanization was up to the artist since she wasn't sure about something in that symbol/letter being either japanese or chinese and she suggested me to contact the artist. So I personally sent a pm to the artist on soundclud and I litearally waited for a month (and now even more time than that has passed and still no answer v:). So after that month passed I informed KwaN about the situation and she suggested me to ask someone else who is also good at metadata (sry I really don't wanna mention that person), so I sent a pm to that person and I got ignored as well. Some weeks later I asked for help on discord and Sieg found some place, I think it was the artist's twitch, where he/she explicitly says "I go by Shokk"; just like you saw in the screenshot. So since there's no weird symbol, there's also no need for romanization as well~ I can't use all caps just like in soundcloud and ignore the symbol because that would be altering the source for metadata because it's not exactly as it is stated in there or the screenshot, so I have to go by one of the two sources for the artist name, that's why I'm using "Shokk" and there is nothing wrong with it~ I would be open to make any change IF KwaN herself tells me there's an actual change to be made, but for now, this is the best metadata.
Sonnyc
And where did you get the screenshot? Just showing a screenshot itself without the original link makes it quite "random". If it was from the artist's twitch, attaching the twitch url would be great.

Anyways, at least both the youtube and soundcloud accounts are "SHOKK青". Whatever the romanization for the last chinese character is, it's a capital letter,,
Izzywing
The screenshot is from here

It's the same shokk (Shokk Bloo or whatever shows up on their soundcloud too)

IDK if this is any relevant but 青 means blue in vietnamese, so the romanization of Shokk青 is probably Shokk Bloo
Sonnyc
"SHOKKBloo"

青 means blue. guess we've got the romanization.
vipto
i downloaded the song from his soundcloud here https://soundcloud.com/shokkbutt/ruining-songs-forever

the metadata of the mp3 file read "SHOKK♥" which would at least suggest a capitalization.
this is literally what it has been released and your metadata should reflect that.
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
Gonna look into this later, I'm tired rn, thank you for your input all of.you~
Izzywing

Asked him on twitch, here's what he said. Current metadata should be fine then.
Sonnyc
lol cool
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
Oh
Ashton
"two to one" are in the tags?

I know that it's in the song but you might aswell just put all ofthe lyrics in there if your going to do that, right?

even so, wouldn't it make sense to put three in the tags as well, as the vocalist says "two to the one from the one to the three

It just seems super unnecessary

also in the hardest diff 01:12:237 (3) - why isn't the spacing here boosted if you've done it 01:00:698 (3) - here 01:07:622 (3) - here and 01:15:698 (10) - here,

stopping 01:32:429 (1) - the song right here feels really awkward, I would stop it 01:34:737 - here
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache

CanadianBaka wrote:

"two to one" are in the tags?

I know that it's in the song but you might aswell just put all ofthe lyrics in there if your going to do that, right?

even so, wouldn't it make sense to put three in the tags as well, as the vocalist says "two to the one from the one to the three

It just seems super unnecessary yes, it seems super unnecessary, people may just wanna type "two to the one" :v and that already works fine (bc "the" is already in the title)

also in the hardest diff 01:12:237 (3) - why isn't the spacing here boosted if you've done it 01:00:698 (3) - here 01:07:622 (3) - here and 01:15:698 (10) - here, uh? what r u talking about? I did boost the spacing at 1.7x like the others :/

stopping 01:32:429 (1) - the song right here feels really awkward, I would stop it 01:34:737 - here personal preferences sir
Thanks for the check anyway! ^^
Gero

Gabe wrote:

Ranked!
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
Thanks Geronimo! <3
Chalwa
Gratz ezekuuuuuuuuu <3
Kyouren
Gratzz!
Aurele

Gero wrote:

Gabe wrote:

Ranked!
LMAO <3

congratzzz
Ashton
"parental guidance"

not for me :cool:

Lonesome Dreams_old
congratulations
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
Thanks everyone!
Feydrives
GOOD IT GOT RANKED!
-Sh1n1-
xD que gustitos tienes, Gratz
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache
Thanks people!
Hikomori
gratztztztztztztztzttztzt

quiere ser como tu algun dia :u
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache

[A L P H A] wrote:

gratztztztztztztztzttztzt

quiere ser como tu algun dia :u
Tendras muchos haters si decides ser como yo u:
Junn-o
Esto está mejor que el picky picky <3
h3h3
-Sh1n1-

Junn-o wrote:

h3h3
Ayyyy me hiciste acordar xDD Tumba la casa when?!!!!
Topic Starter
ZekeyHache

-Sh1n1- wrote:

Junn-o wrote:

h3h3
Ayyyy me hiciste acordar xDD Tumba la casa when?!!!!
Dile al Gero v:
tomash010500
circles aresmall