forum

more filters in multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +40
Topic Starter
laport
filter options like
-minimum map difficulty (in stars) (filter out easy games etc)
-New Maps only

greetz 8-)
dkun
/support

Would like to have this, so I wouldn't have to ragequit when maps have custom diff titles and it turns out to be an easy.
And the "Only New Maps" would be a nice filter as well, maybe for supporters? It's a good way to grab maps that one already doesn't have. :)
Zelos
I support this but there would be sort of an issue still.

multi player games would be jumping around everywhere because of changing maps. so not to much of a difference.
ziin
rather than "unplayed", how about "unscored"? If you don't have a recorded score locally or online, you haven't actually finished the map.
winber1
Original Post
Couldn't really find anything anything similar when I looked.

Anyway, this isn't extremely necessary, but it would be nice if we would be able to search for a specific range for star difficulty in multiplayer. It just makes it more convenient to search for random rooms for a map of the right difficulty. Sometimes I'm bored, and I just go chill in a random room, and instead of having to look through everything, I can greatly reduce the amount of unwanted results. Other people can use it as they please, perhaps as a good way to find challenging maps more easily or to find rooms in general more easily. Also if there is no room that fits your level, it just saves you time.

While we're at it, we can probably just add the single player search list functions to multiplayer (like AR,OD,HP,CS,star|>,<, =|number). And perhaps also add the ability to search a range like "3<star<5."
Just to be clear and more succinct:

I would like the single player search functions (like AR,OD,HP,CS,star,BPM|>,<, =|number) to be added to the multiplayer search lobby. In addition, I would like the ability to search for a range (e.g. "3<star<5").

If there are other search functions which you think may be of use, please describe and discuss it.
Oinari-sama
Hmm... this is probably a variation of t/44160...

Care to expand that old request by posting your opinion?
winber1
I don't even think laport is active right now to update anything, though idk if that affects anything. and also idk, it's not like that thread really got anywhere. i feel like starting anew would just be better
Oinari-sama
If you're willing to stick around and summarise/update the OP then sure :)

I'll happily supersede a 4yo thread if we get better discussions here. Unmarked for time being.

Do NOT star this thread for 72hrs please.
buny
It's annoying enough that we can't query by difficulty.

Definitely support
winber1
Actually, perhaps we could add listing options as well, so that the multiplayer game rooms don't just appear randomly. Perhaps difficulty, length, BPM, etc. This alone solves my problems to be honest, but it wouldn't hurt to add the search functions as well.
Novalogic
Bump, since this would be really helpfull.
Dephix
how about a Country filter?
Deva
Im 100% for this one because its really annoying when all you can find are too easy/hard maps.
Epikem
Why it has so low stars? I totally agree on this because multiplayer user interface only shows just 5 lobby at a glance and it does not provide zooming out.
Nor provide a filter to 5*+ lobbies. It takes around 10+ seconds finding enjoyable lobby every time and is more annoying if I can't find suitable lobby with this effort. 10 second is not that long time but it is far too long compared to user search on osu! or web site search. The number of lobby list is just around 100 at most. But finding lobby needs 50 mouse scrolling if the lobby you want is at middle of list.
And lastly, I'm sick of waiting when 100k+ new users enter a 5+* lobby and everyone waits for him. :(