forum

DJ OKAWARI - Flower Dance [Osu|OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Narcissu
but 200 is fast for me and Doormat …… of course its not key for timing, i believe FrostXe use +5 ~ +10

----------

i add extra Hitsound when kiai, make Hitsound rich, as you see 01:04:997 - 01:43:397 - not

and 02:57:797 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - have more kick because music more intense, as you know other song will have more kick when 8/16 bar, it follow music format

we can‘t add 24clap when other 180BPM Easy diff, and have to skip 24 clap when Insane diff because Dotted Rhythm, i think you will want not DQ this map even if “bothered the hell out of me”

with sophistry point of view, i follow music not sound, you heard paino and drum, i heard Flower Dance

----------

Drum volume is this http://puu.sh/qYbII/af5fa4c60c.jpg

it's really make me agony, i considered use Hitsound 1~ 20, or skip drum, change volume by green line, finally i think start 02:36:197 - is best,

--------

timing should be DQ, i think its better than online offset …… if you still think its should +12ms, i need evidence or more opinion. the song not 100% by computer so i cant use software check it, i just believe FrostXe because he have many fans
Raiden
I get +7/+8 ms but it is indeed early
Topic Starter
Narcissu

Raiden wrote:

I get +7/+8 ms but it is indeed early
k

------

ah …… i cant find cute girl DQ it, its a bit hard for me …… as shiro say player will click early, maybe keep it is best, a right timing make people lose SS lol, i tired consider, let online offest come

but if anyone has suggestions feel free to post it ……

and my english very bad. if you cant understand, let me know Orz
Monstrata
Huh... I think you can just fix offset with an online offset shift... It will be just the same as if you dq'ed and changed the offset yourself. The online offset will automatically update all maps so players won't even need to update/redownload your map to see the offset shift.

Yohanes
Holy God Narcissu, stop being my favorite mapper wwwwww

Gratz! Hope the offset problem will be fixed soon
Sellenite
someone's hitsound really ruin the map omg gg.
rhythm need to step by step,hitsound also.hitsound structure not equal to your dq level
mdzz
Kyouren
So beautiful <3
Adol Christin
map is really nice, and hitsound fits the piano well. At least I dont have any uncomfortable feeling on current hitsound.
sahuang
As monstrata said online offset shift is fine to use...
Listened to hitsounds again,i have to say it's really awesome hitsounding, idk why ppl still have so many disagreements on it.

Narcissu wrote:

with sophistry point of view, i follow music not sound, you heard paino and drum, i heard Flower Dance
Impressive!!
Gaia
hitsounds allow the mapper to express their maps in their own way, if it's not overdone then there shouldn't be any problem. he just wanted to emphasize the extra note that's all

我賣萌 要幫忙的話可以來找我 ^^"
Fycho
Set the online offset, about the hitsounds, I do think more opinions are needed before we do a disqualification.
In my opinion, the hitsounds fits the music and map's rhythm quite well, and they sound natural.

Some discussions wouldn't hurt, and we will see then.
Lavender
Hitsounds are fine for me, I've ever done additional hitsounds like this before.
Shiro

Fycho wrote:

Set the online offset, about the hitsounds, I do think more opinions are needed before we do a disqualification.
In my opinion, the hitsounds fits the music and map's rhythm quite well, and they sound natural.

Some discussions wouldn't hurt, and we will see then.
I'm satisfied with Narcissu's answer on my concerns, even if I don't agree with what he did since as I said that additional kick really ruins the whole thing to me, but there's no need for a DQ.

Narcissu wrote:

Correction: you hear your version of Flower Dance, I hear the composer's. I wouldn't have the pretention to try to change the song to something that suits me better, but it seems you do. Same goes to the map: I map to the song, you don't. To each their own.
Little

Shiro wrote:

Correction: you hear your version of Flower Dance, I hear the composer's. I wouldn't have the pretention to try to change the song to something that suits me better, but it seems you do. Same goes to the map: I map to the song, you don't. To each their own.
Correction: Narcissu hears Narcissu's version, you hear your version. Not everyone will have the same interaction with a piece of music, and not everyone will have the same interpretation. Don't talk down on others as if your interpretation of the music is the only correct one. Music is more than simply a collection of sounds.
Shiirn
If you're hearing beats where there are none, please consult an otolaryngologist.

Interpretation is fine and all, but "I hear a beat there" is significantly different than "I feel that a beat there does not ruin the aesthetic or musical import of this song, rather, it enhances it". One is delusional bullshit, the other is potentially creative mapping.

And once you're into the extremely subjective area of "placing beats where there are none" you must accept that there will be people who vapidly disagree and people who think you're the best thing since magic three points.
Raiden

Shiirn wrote:

If you're hearing beats where there are none in music, please consult an otolaryngologist.
I'd rather go for a psychiatrist, honestly. Schizophrenia is a serious matter.

Sorry, had to do it.
Topic Starter
Narcissu

Shiirn wrote:

If you're hearing beats where there are none, please consult an otolaryngologist.

Interpretation is fine and all, but "I hear a beat there" is significantly different than "I feel that a beat there does not ruin the aesthetic or musical import of this song, rather, it enhances it". One is delusional bullshit, the other is potentially creative mapping.

And once you're into the extremely subjective area of "placing beats where there are none" you must accept that there will be people who vapidly disagree and people who think you're the best thing since magic three points.
people can not distinguish between magic and science, because he lose course.

if you know why C12H16O6(NO2)4 + fire = boom, you will know why i add drum here, even given a more appropriate solution make the sky infected more colors

if you don't know what is Nitrocellulose, just quiet to see the Fireworks, enjoy music with play map

-----------

sorry, had to do it …… i see your post in other therd, but i never join drama. between psychiatrist and otolaryngologist, i think a music teacher better

btw im Mathematics Students not Chemistry Student or Music Students, and i never pass English exam
Shiirn
I never said you were doing anything wrong, nor did I say I disagree with the map. I already know it is pointless to discuss anything across a language barrier, as everything I say will be taken as offensively as possible.

I'm simply pointing out that intentionally adding objects where there are no beats in the song will bring questions.

I'm actually more on the creative expression side of mapping rather than the technical formula side, although they're fairly interconnected at a high enough level.

Thanks for assuming I'm being a dick, though.
Cherry Blossom
I don't know if it was already mentioned in the thread.
but there is a problem here, (maybe serious timing problems ?)

Comparing this 01:05:597 (2,3,4,5) - to 01:15:347 (2,3) -

01:15:347 (2,3) - is snapped correctly, because the piano sounds are on 1/4 ticks.
But 01:05:597 (2,3,4,5) - and especially this beat 01:05:747 (3) - should not be snapped on 1/4, the current one is too late, the piano sound in the background is earlier.
But you made things consistent, i mean you always used circles for piano sounds which are not snapped correctly on 1/4.
Topic Starter
Narcissu
i understand, i said the song not 100% by computer …… other mod say it yet p=5385597, its chinese maybe you cant read. just listen 00:33:797 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - , and more part.

In short, i want to save my daughter, i choose my mother once and i regret, paino different with drum, choose daughter better, believe me

jawns
I really think there are a lot of things that could be discussed about the Camellia map.

First of all, why would you use hit circles when there is no sound in the music? This happens a few places, but it is most obvious here: 00:38:297 (4) - I don't think there can be any justification for why this is a hit circle.

Second of all, not only do you use hit circles when there is no sound, you also ignore some very clear sounds. This is very clear at the part beginning at 02:02:597 (1) - . So many notes are completely ignored, with a slider going right through them. I can't see why you wouldn't map any of those. I think there are issues with the "chorus" of the song as well, but that's not as obvious.
Topic Starter
Narcissu
std not mania, can‘t one-to-one correspondence or follow everything. without paino/low sound so not add whistle, ignore right hand then left hand more obvious

i do it because i want to map more beautiful, i can't map the song with 1/4 note * 128
Adol Christin
历经无数的搞事终于出狱了,水仙果然神马破
alas1a
I can't get passed this one part.
skillzprotech
8-)