forum

How to do .rar skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
crud
Is there a way to use .rar skins without winRAR because winRAR doesn't work on my computer
Starrodkirby86
Are you able to use 7-Zip instead? It's entirely freeware, and portable versions also exist if for some reason you can't install anything.
Topic Starter
crud
sorry cant
Starrodkirby86
That's really weird. I guess there are some extenuating circumstances, whether it's your computer or some limitations, that are responsible for that. If you're able to, then I suggest trying to solve that problem down the line.

In any case, I guess you can try this silly workaround – use an online .rar to .zip converter, then download the .zip file they give you. I've used Zamzar in the past years back, but I'm not sure how they are now. I take it things should be relatively OK though...
Topic Starter
crud
Thank you I'll try
Topic Starter
crud
Ideleted
-yuo-
Are you using Mac or PC? This sounds a lot like a mac problem to me... I can help for mac...
Starrodkirby86

UO 073 wrote:

Are you using Mac or PC? This sounds a lot like a mac problem to me... I can help for mac...
Actually, yeah, offer your solution if it's Mac.

Using Zamzar didn't really work, the file inside was still .rar, only that it was compressed inside as a .zip. Cursed SEO search results!

It seems like for Mac users, the Unarchiver or Keka seems to work out.

But 7-zip also exists for OSX in an odd, unofficially made way. Anyway, try one of those. I really see The Unarchiever and Keka as two of the more popular ones.
-yuo-
Lol Zamzar such a troll...

yeh i use The Unarchiver...

you took my strategy lol...

uh... i tried renaming but that didn't seem to work

i know no other way, but if you send the skin to me i'll be happy to convert it for you.
Topic Starter
crud
deleted
-yuo-
Cool! Have fun with your skin!