forum

Yui Horie - Soyokaze no Harmony

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
nante
Okay, fixed what You pointed, Derekku. Thanks again. I had a little less time than usually these days so it took me a while.

I left 2 things:
00:16:661 (1,2) - You're pushing rankability with patterns like this (I saw them throughout the whole map). It's hard to tell which is the circle and which is the slider (not the case for places like 00:14:809 (4,1) where the colors are different), but if there were slider ticks or repeats, this would be completely unrankable. However, right now they're just confusing and seeing it throughout the map is a bit too much.
and the break.
Reasoning? I've seen these in some other maps, so I think it's ok to leave it as it is now.
Garven

nante wrote:

Okay, fixed what You pointed, Derekku. Thanks again. I had a little less time than usually these days so it took me a while.

I left 2 things:
00:16:661 (1,2) - You're pushing rankability with patterns like this (I saw them throughout the whole map). It's hard to tell which is the circle and which is the slider (not the case for places like 00:14:809 (4,1) where the colors are different), but if there were slider ticks or repeats, this would be completely unrankable. However, right now they're just confusing and seeing it throughout the map is a bit too much.
and the break.
Reasoning? I've seen these in some other maps, so I think it's ok to leave it as it is now.
Just because you've seen them in other maps doesn't mean they are good/fun to play. -_-

Anyway, as per your request:

[Easy]
00:23:711 (1,2,3,4,5) - This shape is really messy. Maybe try for something smoother/more geometric? Right now it looks just kind of random.
01:12:600 (3) - I'd remove the whistle from the sliderslide. Sounds awful to me. :< I'll just mention this one, though, in case you do like them/don't care. ;p
01:58:526 (5) - New combo
02:45:934 (4) - Add a finish on the end of this?

[Normal]
Holy bookmarks.
00:57:785 (4) - This slider is kinda mushed-in looking. Maybe expand it out a bit more?
02:20:748 (4) - This one too.
Eh, it's fine. The song is starting to make me sleepy though. :P

[Hard]
Suddenly super-fast sliders compared to what I just played!
00:43:328 (6,7,8,9) - Uh, check your alignment here. 9 is sticking way out there.
Eh, I mostly just have complaints about ugly sliders and that giant break near the end, but oh well.

Also, I agree with Derekku with those patterns if only when snaking sliders are turned off. It's a royal pain to figure out what's going on with patterns like that.
Topic Starter
nante

Garven wrote:

Just because you've seen them in other maps doesn't mean they are good/fun to play. -_- why so mad?

Anyway, as per your request:

[Easy]
00:23:711 (1,2,3,4,5) - This shape is really messy. Maybe try for something smoother/more geometric? Right now it looks just kind of random.
01:12:600 (3) - I'd remove the whistle from the sliderslide. Sounds awful to me. :< I'll just mention this one, though, in case you do like them/don't care. ;p
01:58:526 (5) - New combo
02:45:934 (4) - Add a finish on the end of this?

[Normal]
Holy bookmarks.
00:57:785 (4) - This slider is kinda mushed-in looking. Maybe expand it out a bit more?
02:20:748 (4) - This one too.
Eh, it's fine. The song is starting to make me sleepy though. :P

[Hard]
Suddenly super-fast sliders compared to what I just played!
00:43:328 (6,7,8,9) - Uh, check your alignment here. 9 is sticking way out there.
Eh, I mostly just have complaints about ugly sliders and that giant break near the end, but oh well.

Also, I agree with Derekku with those patterns if only when snaking sliders are turned off. It's a royal pain to figure out what's going on with patterns like that.
blue - fixed
I left some of those sliders(2 or so) but only those with new combos
AeoNRivaS
Sorry for the mix-up.

Modding:

[Easy]:
00:42:600 (2) - move up a bit to match (1)
02:47:785 (B) - this break is too long

[Normal]:
not bad.

[Hard]:
not bad either.
Topic Starter
nante
Thanks, fixed.
I've also finally reduced those breaks.
IceBeam
[Easy]
Sliders are way too slow.
00:28:156 (1) - 1 grid to the left.
02:11:119 - Don't you need a note here?
02:12:600 - ^
03:18:526 (5) - 3 grids down to follow (2,3,4,5) simmetrical cube.

[Normal]
00:23:711 (1) - Fix distance.A bit far.
01:14:082 (1) - ^
02:34:082 (1) - Try to allign better via off-Grid Snap.

[Hard]
01:04:069 (2) - 1 down.
01:16:489 - Add a note here?
01:22:587 (5,6,7) - Ouch,that was unexpected.
02:45:921 (7) - Stack with 02:44:439 (2)?

Good luck,star~
Vanmonky
Don't think this map need modding anymore (almost bubbled map).

Star :3 Good luck!
Topic Starter
nante

SadKangaroo wrote:

[Easy]
Sliders are way too slow.

[Hard]
01:16:489 - Add a note here?
Left those. Thanks for modding and the star :)

VanMoNky, thanks for the star too!
Andrea
[Hard]

You have 343 unsnapped notes. Resnap all notes.

EDIT: Looks fine now. Bubbled~
lovhin456
Mp3 has to be less than 320kbps...this
http://www.mediafire.com/?szeb1ds84uu8fdl
Topic Starter
nante

lovhin456 wrote:

Mp3 has to be less than 320kbps
But mine is 175kbps, isn't it?

lovhin456 wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/?szeb1ds84uu8fdl
Thanks for Your mp3, but I probably won't be using it since I can't hear any difference. Therefore I don't want to increase the filse size.
[Shalon]
cool song

star~
RandomJibberish
General
Why is the reversearrow in the folder?

Easy
Lowest. Sliderspeed. Ever. Map's fine though

Normal
01:04:452 - Beat here?

Hard
Up circle size by one tick? It'll make less of a jump between this and normal

Great map.
Topic Starter
nante
Really thanks for Your stars!

As for the modding: I'll get a closer look when I get back home. Thanks anyway.
@edit
Only added beats in [Hard] difficulty. I think the rest is ok.
Cuuuuri
kotori!! nice song and map ;)
Topic Starter
nante
thanks for the star
Andrea
Alright, remember to don't upload again or your bubble will be automatically popped.

Bubble Repair~
James
ranked. placement of circles doesnt fit with the song though.
Topic Starter
nante
Yay, thanks.
About circles placement: well, it's my 1st beatmap, I'll try to do it better in my next maps.
NaomiMinette
Oh yay~ Grats :D
Astom
Congratz, I didn't reach to mod it :< well maybe next time ^^