posted
Total Posts
show more
James2250
Peppy knows about the issues with sliders on OpenGL btw :P

EDIT: peppy got to it before me
Topic Starter
peppy
b1652 should fix all slider rendering issues. Please report other issues as you find them :).
mm201
Please help us test issues with the new slider rendering code.

To re-enable the new sliders, add this line to the [General] section of the skin.ini of your current skin:
SliderStyle: 2

If your sliders do not look like this, please provide a report including:
  1. The brand and make of your video card
  2. The installed video driver version (If not current, update and test again. Provide BOTH reports.)
  3. Which renderer (OpenGL or Direct3D) is being used
  4. The map issues are seen on (if not all)
  5. The name of the skin you're using.
Mara
I don't know is it because of the update, but I dediced to play multiplayer with my friend;

I normally made a lobby with password.
My friend joined.
We started the game (TAG, Lemon Tree)
Crash.

I try to join back in lobby.
Crash.

"I'll just make a new one."
I try to make a lobby again.
Crash.

What is this?
Topic Starter
peppy
Before people ask about SB Load, here is a quick rundown:

2D games are usually limited in performance by how much they draw to the screen. The more transparency involved in a scene, the more times a pixel needs to be drawn. For instance, if you have a fully opaque background, and then draw a triangle over it, the pixels with the triangle need to be drawn twice to account for any blending. Not only this, but the fully transparent pixels in the triangle's image (the ones you can't see) also cause the pixels to be drawn again, even though they are doing nothing it still adds load to your graphics card.

The SB Load multiplier shows you how many times the full osu! screen area is being drawn to by your storyboard + background elements. For instance, if you have a single 1024x768 background, this number will read 1x (i call this 1x overdraw). If you have a fullscreen sprite drawing over this, it will become 2x, etc.

I am going to say for now that you generally want to aim for a number below 5x. The SB Load indicator will turn red if you exceed this. This target may change over time as PC specs increase, but let's go with this for now. If you are exceeding this, consider the following tips:
  1. Make sure you aren't displaying almost-invisible layers (make sure their alpha is 0 when not needed).
  2. Split up any images that have huge amounts of transparent pixels in between actually visible portions where possible
  3. Combine layers into a single image where possible using graphics editing software.
Please note that this number is not 100% accurate. There are some cases it will be a lot higher than it should be (for instance if a lot of a sprite is off the right-hand side of the screen, or scaled very large). It will never be *lower* than the actual value though. If in doubt ask a BAT about your storyboard (or come to me if it's a wacky case).
Sonic Fumes
I have new idea:
osu! InGame browser (only able to go on osu website, only supporter can download directly)!
Derekku

Sonic Fumes wrote:

I have new idea:
osu! InGame browser (only able to go on osu website, only supporter can download directly)!
This is already planned for the future iirc. (Try searching the feature requests forum for things like this)
Mara

Sonic Fumes wrote:

I have new idea:
Why? Is there a reason for not using Firefox/Opera/Chrome?

[/offtopic]
Gens
The incorrect sampleset used bug was also fixed.

I love you, MM201.

Can't wait for the next public with osz2, at last.
Ekaru
This is a really good update. Thanks!
NatsumeRin

peppy wrote:

Mapping:
(+) Custom slider speeds between 2x and 1/2x may be used. Slider tick rate behaviour has been made more intuitive to accommodate this. (A maximum of three slider speeds for ranked maps still applies)

Editor:
(*) Timing panel usability improvements.
cheers!
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

(+) The speed of approach circles can now be independently picked from Overall Difficulty.
0.0 awesome
Derekku
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36652 This is a crash report that may have been caused by the new build.

Besides that, players seem to be having issues with multiplayer, deleting beatmaps, and loading beatmaps, but haven't provided details.
Topic Starter
peppy

Derekku wrote:

Besides that, players seem to be having issues with multiplayer, deleting beatmaps, and loading beatmaps, but haven't provided details.
All not related to new build, and likely existing bugs or stupidity.
Zekira
(+) The speed of approach circles can now be independently picked from Overall Difficulty.
!!!

I haven't heard of this being added,
but this is one thing I was looking forward to!
TKiller
web beatmap listing only shows OD value, shouldn't approach rate be added too now for maps where it's different? I already updated my map with OD 7 AR 8 but listing only shows 7 stars in Accuracy.
Topic Starter
peppy

TKiller wrote:

web beatmap listing only shows OD value, shouldn't approach rate be added too now for maps where it's different? I already updated my map with OD 7 AR 8 but listing only shows 7 stars in Accuracy.
Approach rate is not shown on the web listing yet. I'm sure you will live.
TKiller
sure, just being too curious
NatsumeRin
another question about AR:
seems AR doesn't count to star rating or max score now, so is there sth to prevent weird map like OD9&AR3 being ranked?
and... consider AR to be a part of calculating scores... i guess.
arien666

peppy wrote:

Gameplay:
(*) On new maps with triple compound timing, Taiko drumrolls will be triple.
Umm...
I wonder if people are confused with 1/4 or 1/3 Taiko sliders...
Is there any notification about this ;_;?
Topic Starter
peppy

arien666 wrote:

peppy wrote:

Gameplay:
(*) On new maps with triple compound timing, Taiko drumrolls will be triple.
Umm...
I wonder if people are confused with 1/4 or 1/3 Taiko sliders...
Is there any notification about this ;_;?
I have changed the changelog to read:
(*) On new maps with a compound time tick rate (3 or 6), drumrolls are played in compound timing.

If that makes any more sense. There is no notification apart from the ticks being at different points on the roll, which should be plenty. In situations it is used, it will likely "feel" right anyways.
Topic Starter
peppy
There seems to be a few problems with multiplayer games. A fix will be available in a few hours all going well.
mm201

NatsumeRin wrote:

another question about AR:
seems AR doesn't count to star rating or max score now, so is there sth to prevent weird map like OD9&AR3 being ranked?
and... consider AR to be a part of calculating scores... i guess.
AR is left out of star calculations on purpose. Sometimes a low AR can actually increase difficulty, so the relationship is non-obvious and shouldn't affect score.

peppy wrote:

Approach rate is not shown on the web listing yet. I'm sure you will live.
Oh yeah...

edit: Hit quote instead of edit FFFFF
Zeugziumy
And also, the typo fix on Approved beatmap :P
Thanks for the update man
osuLalala
I am asking something about the system in the osu!
i'm sorry if this topic has already asked for

why in osu! doesn't support proxy connection? so if the internet using proxy, i still can connect to osu! using the proxy?

thx before
Topic Starter
peppy
osu! does not support proxies, no.
Lilac
The countdown and the black bars from breaks are counted in the SB Load.

Is that suppose to happen?
Topic Starter
peppy
SB Load is only a guide. You can take it as you will. Personally I would include them but it shouldn't change the number by enough to matter.
Bass

peppy wrote:

osu! does not support proxies, no.

Lie.

I managed somehow to connect to osu! via proxy.(CyberGhost VPN program)
Topic Starter
peppy

Bass-chan wrote:

Lie.
I managed somehow to connect to osu! via proxy.(CyberGhost VPN program)
Maybe you should look up the definition of VPN, or maybe the differences between a VPN and a proxy.

I don't really appreciate being called a liar, but since it came from you I will take it with a grain of salt.
Pokerkid
Nice...i love updates to fix the buggs.
Zeugziumy
Peppy... You didn't fixed the Normal and Soft sound glitch...
Affecting this glitch my maps have a change to not be ranked .-.
Topic Starter
peppy

gabrielwoj wrote:

No context?
K2J
Just a note to whoever's using the SB Load, it counts all the layers currently active in the SBE. Thus, if you have both Pass and Fail on, you'll see inaccurate numbers (as both layers won't appear at the same time during gameplay). Try it with one or the other to get a better reading.
Topic Starter
peppy

K2J wrote:

Just a note to whoever's using the SB Load, it counts all the layers currently active in the SBE. Thus, if you have both Pass and Fail on, you'll see inaccurate numbers (as both layers won't appear at the same time during gameplay). Try it with one or the other to get a better reading.
It displays in test mode, which is more accurate for getting actual during-gameplay numbers.
mm201

gabrielwoj wrote:

I can think of at least 3 bugs matching this totally awesome description which have been fixed, and none that haven't.
Galkan

gabrielwoj wrote:

What?
K2J

peppy wrote:

(+) Break transitions can now be moved around in the timeline.
OK, I waited a few days just to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious, but what is this and how can I change this? Does it control when Pass/Fail layers switch from

(Had all 300 last combo)/(Did not have all 300 last combo)

to

(Have health bar above half)/(Have health bar below half),

or is it something different?

I've tried "moving" the break by clicking and dragging in both the top timeline and the bottom timeline, and nothing happens. There doesn't appear to be a drop-down option or a button in the SBE, either...
Zeugziumy

Galkan92 wrote:

gabrielwoj wrote:

What?
It's an glitch what happened to me...
The whistle sound of Normal is the same of soft... and all other sounds too...
Much beatmaps have variations of their sounds...
Derekku

K2J wrote:

peppy wrote:

(+) Break transitions can now be moved around in the timeline.
OK, I waited a few days just to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious, but what is this and how can I change this? Does it control when Pass/Fail layers switch from

(Had all 300 last combo)/(Did not have all 300 last combo)

to

(Have health bar above half)/(Have health bar below half),

or is it something different?

I've tried "moving" the break by clicking and dragging in both the top timeline and the bottom timeline, and nothing happens. There doesn't appear to be a drop-down option or a button in the SBE, either...
It's for authenticity reasons. In the original Ouendan games, the HP/score bars would sometimes stay on the screen for a second even after the beats had stopped appearing. Same thing for the end; the bars would come back a bit before it was time to play again.

You drag either the beginning of the break (a small <-> arrow will appear) or the dark section of the end of the break to move it.
show more