forum

Super Mario Maker

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mao
I think there was not much thought put into the glitch fixes if these leveld are unplayable now lol
Anyways, I'm a bit disappointed not to see smw midway points :/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Mao wrote:

I'm a bit disappointed not to see smw midway points :/
What sucks is that they kept the same sound effect for it... Nice tease, Nintendo >_>
Mao

lol
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I uhh... posted that already.
Mao
Uh I didn't see that >_>
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Mao wrote:

Uh I didn't see that >_>

Blazevoir wrote:

They're still uploaded, though since most of them are pretty much unplayable now (especially the invincibility glitch ones)... well...

Anyway, this game still isn't glitch-free.
Mao
Yeah I saw it now xD
Anyways, looks like they have even more to patch now >_>
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's not a big deal for me, honestly. Unlike other glitches, this particular one only affects the spots where you place Checkpoint Flags. The best (worst?) you can do is make separate paths just like what the video showed.
Lanturn
All they had to do is disable every course until the creator beats it again. Then the impossible levels wouldn't exist. That simple really.
Green Platinum

Lanturn wrote:

All they had to do is disable every course until the creator beats it again. Then the impossible levels wouldn't exist. That simple really.
They do filter out levels after some time. It will eventually sort itself out. No unbeatable level is getting so many stars it will remain in.
Lanturn
Eh. I'd rather it waste creators time instead of the players time. Might just be me though.

Anyone leaving a comment on an unbeatable stage is auto-starred anyways. sooo yeah :(
Green Platinum

Lanturn wrote:

Eh. I'd rather it waste creators time instead of the players time. Might just be me though.

Anyone leaving a comment on an unbeatable stage is auto-starred anyways. sooo yeah :(
RIP Panga then, took him 39 hours of attempts to beat his Kaizo map U-Break and that is just one of his Kaizo maps. Doing this would punish legitimate creators more than as it is now for standard players. How often do you come across an invincibility or super spring glitch level anyway?
Lanturn
If they can beat it once, they can beat it again though.

Idk, maybe a better way would be that any course is playable, but it won't get put on the 100 mario challenge until the creator beats it again. That way, those panga maps would still be playable. Let's face it, no one wants a panga map in 100 mario challenge anyways XD
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Lanturn wrote:

Let's face it, no one wants a panga map in 100 mario challenge anyways XD
You mean Kaizo levels in general... lol.
Green Platinum

Blazevoir wrote:

Lanturn wrote:

Let's face it, no one wants a panga map in 100 mario challenge anyways XD
You mean Kaizo levels in general... lol.
Kaizos make themselves pretty obvious early on. Find the invisible block levels will burn many more lives
Mao
Well it depends on the level of Kaizo. To come back to panga, these are not obvious at all. Anyways, you can still skip levels.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The game has been updated to 1.21. They didn't fix the Checkpoint Flag glitch yet.

EDIT: http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-adds-nes-remix-course-unlocks-frog-mario-costume/

Why not just add the literal item... This is such a bad tease >_>
Green Platinum
I bet some people wishing for the frog suit are salty now. I never liked it though.
Mao
A bigger variety of items wouldn't be a bad thing though :/
Mao
Yay, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam costumes are coming!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Which is awesome and all, but that's just teasing us North Americans again (just like they did with the Yoshi's Woolly World skins) ;_;
Green Platinum
Damn you poor poor Americans
Mao
At least not four months this time :/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I guess they didn't have enough fun after Mario Kart 8.

(For those that don't have the game: the reason why this video is relevant is because Mercedes-Benz also did a crossover with Super Mario Maker.)
Mao
wow
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
That being said, the level is very well-done (even if it is on the easier side).
Mao
I understood it for Mario Kart as it fits well but for Mario Maker, idk >_>
Myxo
what about releasing actual useful DLCs with more objects, more settings (!) etc, instead of stupid cars
Green Platinum
This is always what the Amiibo costumes were going to amount to.
Mao
Well they will hopefully release more like the checkpoints
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm still waiting on the desert theme, Nintendo >.> And where the hell are the Athletic themes/music for SMB3 and SMW?! AND WHERE ARE THE SLOPES, ASDLFKJAS;LDFKJASL;DFJSLADFJ;ASLJKFDL

On a more wishlist note: I'd like to see a winter/snow world theme. They already have ones for SMB3, SMW, and NSMBU (I vaguely remember one for SMB), so why not?
Mao
Slopes ;-;
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Still no slopes, but this is still pretty cool:

Mao
I would have prefered the door without the outlines to create some secrets but it's better than nothing o/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Yeah, I thought the same.

Either way, I'm definitely gonna be reuploading one of my levels.
Mao
These bouncy rings and the fire clown car are interesing as they are no things from the main series. Maybe we will see more exclusive stuff added over time o:
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Nintendo, why?

Lanturn
Good job Nintendo! lol
Pawsu
This is perfect
Mao
oh wow
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So guys, how about that Super Mario Maker update segment during the most recent Nintendo Direct, eh?
Mao
It has some cool new elements but I still wait for slopes and other themes :/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm extremely excited for Keys/Key Coins.
Mao
Yeah, they are really cool. As I have said before, I love how they add original content to the game :D
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Teeeeeeeeeeeechnically Keys aren't new; they're carried over from Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario World. The only exception is that it seems like they've been changed so that Mario/your character (if you have a Mystery Mushroom costume on) always carry them no matter what you do (unless you die/restart; no clue how Checkpoints will affect them).
Mao
Yeah sure they are not new, the new was meant for the coins xD Anywayw, the keys seem a bit like in Yoshi's Island to me!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
That's also a good point!

...Time to attempt to recreate one of the castles of that game, lol.

EDIT: Official trailer for the upcoming Key udpate:

Mao
The eight keys are so Yoshi's Island XD
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Lol, yeah.

Castle levels are gonna be better now... hopefully.
Mao
yeah, I am excited to see what people come up with :D
Lambykinz
This is kind of random but in the interview with Babymetal yesterday on Twitch they said that their favorite game is Super Mario Maker or something.