sakuzyo - AXION

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xilver15
skystar pls don't get rid of the pattern it's very fun to play
Tassadar
disregard this because i don't understand, just some questions really though
01:23:650 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - should this really be one long stream? it feels like the tone of the sound changes at 01:24:306 (8,1) - and it kinda sounds like the 1/4 is slightly quieter (still there, but less noticeable at 100% play speed) whereas the 1/2 is more prominent, i know the direction change reflects it, but then you have this arguably more awkward one 01:24:681 (4,1,2) - which doesn't reflect a great change in the music, also the spacing is freaking huge compared to the earlier streams, it's definitely more intense but it's massive compared to 01:02:650 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - for example, if that's considered 1.2x then the super spaced one would be 1.6x (faster slider velocity) which seems absurd but then again it's subjective isn't it, this is just my view of things

though honestly skystar's is 99% fine, not a fan of the back and forths but w/e
i would mention them but there's been a ton of discussion and i don't really have anything constructive to contribute, though it does seem weird to me that there's a very fast rigid movement which forces the player to snap very quickly rather than being able to be done effectively with flowy aim (which the rest of the map is doable with), and the music doesn't feel much more intense than the part before it, yes i know it's the same distance spacing but there's a difference between following a curve and constant jumps at an angle of pi radians
but just my two cents, i'm 14k so according to everyone here my opinion is probably void, which is fair enough (i passed the super old skystar's extra which was 6.33* and had the back and forths, but i can't pass the new one so my judgement probably isn't the best)

btw just throwing it out there, no matter what you argue there is a massive difficulty spike between the two kiais, that part boosts the star rating from 5.61* to 6.73*, whether the difficulty spike fits is something else (it probably is appropriate but maybe not of this magnitude), but you can't deny it exists, even if it's only star rating, the stream is probably a bit overrated but disagree that the back and forths aren't
Illyasviel
Ah, now i see why we always keep the same patterns over the years again and again. Because when a new pattern that makes sense but is too hard for most people, gets insta denied.
Shirona

Skystar wrote:

fartownik wrote:

[Skystar's EXTRA]
01:25:900 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Seriously, this gets rebubbled and this is not fixed? Major WTF. This is the only pattern that basically ruins the potential fun of this difficulty. Please fix this overmapped thing, it plays bad.

Flamie Spidlow wrote:

[Skystar's Expert]
01:25:900 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - OSU! is not CYTUS. who can play this pattern? super overmapped xd
https://youtu.be/lbY8YMxFN10 plays fine for me.

Seriously I don't get how you people are overreacting towards this pattern. It's surely the peak of the song, where you can see all the other difficulties go with peak patterns as well. It looks, sounds, and plays completely FINE.
i see axrious did this, and i saw that video.
most of top user can do this pattern : )
i thought it's too can't play it. but not lol.
maybe it will not overmapped.
i take back my mention.
Nathan
I can only play up to the Another diff, it's super fun though ^^
good luck with requalification
Hollow Wings

fartownik wrote:

Sry but this shouldn't be bubbled yet. It's gonna get disqualified soon enough if you qualify it now. There's still some major stuff not fixed. extra mod? fine, let's see if there's issue in the map after bubbled.

[HW's Ex]
00:30:400 (1) - The whole part starting from here is pretty bad. You basically try following the streamy beat, but at the same time you follow the other one, leaving spaces like this 00:30:868 where the previous beat is still present. It might've worked with the sliders in the part before, but it surely doesn't work with the streams, especially if you stack them up like you do. Possible solutions: 1. Make it a giant stream. It's the best solution, but I'm pretty sure you won't use it seeing how you wanted to stay consistent to the previous part no matter what, even though a real deathstream would be the most sufficient for this part. 2. Unstack all the streams. Basically everywhere you have a space in-between the streams, have a space on the playfield as well. So: if you really look deep to those streams' rhythm you can understand that every stream is following different tracks even i set them with same 5 notes style, then "inconsistent" ones can express those patterns better.

00:31:338 (5,1) -
00:32:275 (5,1) -
00:32:837 (5,1) -

You should have a regular 1/2 distance snapping in-between those. You can leave the streamjumps although they're weird as well seeing how inconsitently you put them there.

01:22:056 (1) - New combo why? Just randomly noticed it. stare at this tick: 01:22:806.
01:23:556 (1) - ^
01:26:275 (3,3) - As much as the two previous repeat sliders (from the previous velocity) play fine because you don't have to shake your cursor like a dancer, these ones don't and they're actually horrible to play. No suggestions here, anything would be better than these fast repeating sliders honestly. shake your cursor like a dancer pls, otherwise i'll set the sv larger to let players do that.
01:32:556 (2,3) - When you decide which beat to follow, please don't randomly change it like this. It's odd. I know there's a sound there, but it's nowhere close to be heard by the player if you follow the sound you were following all this time. Remove (2), move (3) to its place and make it longer so it fills the beat. nope, it's not random in its section.
01:34:525 (1,2,1,2) - Toooo huge. You've done this before, but for 1/3s. For 1/4s it's really, really sudden especially considering that this is a slow-paced part of the song. Reduce the spacing. do you even look into the map in detail... ? stare at 01:03:775 (1,2) - 's ticks pls. and also, i can play that full screen jumps myself, it's an easier pattern for me than 01:02:837 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - this one.
why i map things like this? i got tons of test plays other than yours, and i can tell every detail if you care the so-called answers of "why you set pattern like this?" which just makes me sick, even this map's composing is much more brighter than common ranked ones recently from a mapping view.

yeah "play-ability does not equal quality", then do you guys really looked at the maps' quality without judging the play-ability? to me, the most important part of the quality DO IS play-ability, for a ranked map is made for PLAYING.

the map plays bad to you? good. i've already got 100+ players enjoyed the map and even 3 fc'ed scores.

thanks for modding!
Delk

Hollow Wings wrote:

the map plays bad to you? good. i've already got 100+ players enjoyed the map and even 3 fc'ed scores.

thanks for modding!
With possibly other 100+ players hating it for also justifiable reasons. Why do you deny any kind of negative observation, and automatically praise anyone who enjoys it? You have to take reviews and observations from both ends really, especially when this kind of maps are the ones that are the most controversial around the community. Every mod which disagrees with even the slightlest pattern, you disagree, period. Even if it gets revised 5 times nope, no one can judge your creative mapping because you are the only one that gets this kind of stuff ranked
-Chronopolis-
:lol:

Natsu wrote:

01:25:900 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -

@skystar I'd just go with something similar to (did fast so maybe doesn't looks nice haha):

I guess that can work and make everyone happy~
Is it just me or might this actually be harder to play for most people? Harder to control the cursor cause the spacing is increasing.
MillhioreF
My two cents on the "ladder" pattern is that it's fine as a concept, but having a constantly changing curve while also doing crazy alternation is just too much physical and mental strain to be fair for the vast majority of players. Straightening it out so the curve doesn't change as much (01:26:650 (1,2) ought to be the maximum curvature it reaches IMO) or even making it entirely straight like 03:45:358 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) of Image Material would make it a lot more fair while still retaining the same general pattern and concept.
-Atri-
The question is, Skystar is a tablet tap + x player, sure it's playable but only you're using a tablet, aiming this pattern with a mouse is a total armageddon
CXu
Okay, uh.

Looks fine in editor, I suck at alternating so I probably wouldn't be able to play it well, I don't have the ability/time to test it.

But sometimes I feel like good players somehow feel entitled to be able to play certain difficult maps, and if those maps happen to have a difficulty spike within (even if it makes sense in context of the song) they start complaining about things being awkward, horrible, bad, whatever.

And I'd somewhat agree if this was a single difficulty mapset, since then you'd like to try and accommodate for the most players possible, but this mapset has 5 difficulties at 6 stars or above, mapped in different styles. If one or even several don't fit your tastes, play the one(s) that you like, and let those that enjoy the other ones enjoy those. If those patterns are, in your opinion, easier with tap + x, then make a mental note for yourself that that difficulty is a "tap + x map" and skip it. When the mapset has so many difficulties at the upper part of the difficulty spectrum, I think it's really dumb that people complain about something being too difficult, especially considering different people find different things difficult, and there are so many alternatives to choose from.

If skystar decides to change the pattern, then that's fine, but I really don't see how it helps just saying it's bad, especially when you don't provide an alternate solution.
xsrsbsns

CXu wrote:

But sometimes I feel like good players somehow feel entitled to be able to play certain difficult maps, and if those maps happen to have a difficulty spike within (even if it makes sense in context of the song) they start complaining about things being awkward, horrible, bad, whatever.
This is so true, couldn't have said it better myself.

Granted, the ladder part really is extremely hard, and I'm not in any way justifying mapping for difficulty, but sometimes I'm glad mappers know they aren't obliged to downgrade the difficulties. It's really just their choice of target audience in the end, in this case it also makes sense that Skystar's diff accommodates his own playability, and plenty of players like it too. (i just wanna watch some rustbell replays xd)

Good luck really great mapset
Skystar
http://puu.sh/mFlf0/62e4c36099.rar
Changed the angles of the pattern + used another shape for 01:23:650 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - which fits the theme even better.

CXu wrote:

Okay, uh.

Looks fine in editor, I suck at alternating so I probably wouldn't be able to play it well, I don't have the ability/time to test it.

And I'd somewhat agree if this was a single difficulty mapset, since then you'd like to try and accommodate for the most players possible, but this mapset has 5 difficulties at 6 stars or above, mapped in different styles. If one or even several don't fit your tastes, play the one(s) that you like, and let those that enjoy the other ones enjoy those. If those patterns are, in your opinion, easier with tap + x, then make a mental note for yourself that that difficulty is a "tap + x map" and skip it. When the mapset has so many difficulties at the upper part of the difficulty spectrum, I think it's really dumb that people complain about something being too difficult, especially considering different people find different things difficult, and there are so many alternatives to choose from.

If skystar decides to change the pattern, then that's fine, but I really don't see how it helps just saying it's bad, especially when you don't provide an alternate solution.
Quoted for truth, really well said.

KuranteMelodii wrote:

The question is, Skystar is a tablet tap + x player, sure it's playable but only you're using a tablet, aiming this pattern with a mouse is a total armageddon
I can FC that with a mouse too, and I'm not even a mouse player.
-Atri-
Well then, i got nothing to argue, as long it's playable on both styles, that won't be a problem

P.S. *grabs popcorn*
Bara-
Okay
[General]
In Skystar's diff, take a look at this
• Object is unsnapped:
01:26:179 {86179} Circle
01:26:277 {86277} Circle
01:26:554 {86554} Circle
01:26:929 {86929} Circle
01:27:304 {87304} Circle

[Easy]
Consider increasing AR to 3.5-3.7, so sliders as 00:01:900 (1,1) - won't overlap anymore
00:45:400 (1,2) - Blanket
Cool diff

[Irre]
00:51:025 (1) - A 1/2 slider with a circle after wards would play much better, as this slider ends on a downbeat (and the sound at the 1/2 is really strong)
00:56:462 (4) - Why use such rhythm, when at the beat (you skipped) a strong sound exists (which is much stronger then the 1/2)
01:01:900 (1) - Distance!!!
01:14:650 (2,1) - Such low spacing. Make the players more prepared for the higher SV/DS!
01:24:400 (1,1) - Not stacked properly
01:30:400 (1) - <3
01:51:962 (2,2) - Claps?
I like it ^_^

[fanzhen]
00:16:337 (2) - A triplet instead of this would play better. imo 1/4 sliders w/o reverse are rather hard (for hard)
00:19:337 (2) - ^^
00:51:212 (5) - ^^
00:54:400 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Quite hard to read. The first 3 might be fine, but 00:55:150 (1,2,3) - are much harder. Consider making those a reverse-kickslider as well
Nice diff

[Hyper]
00:25:900 (1) - End at 00:27:025 sounds better imo
<3

[LKs]
01:22:056 (1) - This is just incredibly confusing. Stack it ontop of the next object
01:22:806 (1) - ^^
01:23:556 (1) - ^^
I don't even know what to say. I love it

The next part part of the mod will be 99% based on actual playability. I played all higher diffs 10 times, and some things were problematic for me. There are a few things which were already discussed (like Skystar's stream) so I'll leave them out
[LKs]
00:48:400 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - This pattern plays ridiculously hard, and so does the reading, mostly due to 00:48:962 (2,1,2) - where the pattern changes. Every time I played this I missed this
01:26:650 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - Higher spacing is fine, sliderjumps are fine. But this is not. The sliders which are cramped upon eachother create a huge slowdown, which continues in a fast stream with a really harsh flow, because of (2,3,4) which is a triangle, which plays terrible at such high BPM (1/4)
01:30:400 (1,2) - This jump is really unexpected and quite hard 01:56:837 (4) -
01:39:400 - Add a circle please
01:56:931 - ^^, this sound is even more noticable then 01:56:837 (4) -

[Another]
00:24:306 (10) - This note a hard to hit, as it's hidden under the previous slider. Even if it would require high spacing it would play better, as the sudden stop makes this feel really weird
00:25:900 (1) - Silence end?
00:31:900 (1,2,3) - The fact the the sliders start on the blue ticks made this part rather awkward, the harsh curve from (1) to (2) is also not that great. That is actually the biggest problem, as 00:37:900 (1,2,3,4) - plays good
00:49:525 (1,2,3,4) - The gap from here to 00:49:900 (1) - is too low. I for example mash the buttons from streams like this, causing me to miss on the next notes (and therefore the whole stream)
01:08:650 (5,6,7,8,1) - I hate patterns as these, but this is just personal opinion. It's too harsh, try to make it flow more smoothly!
01:55:900 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This part is too hard to read. It's even harder then the highest diffs which shouldn't happen. Remove 01:56:931 (9) - then move 01:56:181 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 1/4 later, and add a note at 01:56:181. This would make it much easier to read, while not changing the overall gameplay that much

[Fanzhen]
00:21:118 (5) - The fact that the triplet starts at the blue tick makes this feel awkward. Only now, when I see it in the editor I understand the rhythm. I Always thought it started at the white tick, and that 00:21:400 (1) - started at the blue tick. Consider removing a reverse from 00:20:650 (4) - to make it feel better
00:29:462 (3,4,1) - Quite ridiculous movement. The triangle has a harsh flow, and the "doublet-stream" following doesn't justify it much
00:32:650 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This is just too much. The first 4 are still doable, but the last rectangle is just over done. Please reduce spacing a little bit (or make the flow a bit better), the straight curves are too harsh for me
00:34:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Is there a need for such high spacing? Especially (5) makes this feel really weird
00:50:650 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ERMMMM. Can people FC this? Out of my 10 attempts. I FC'd it once, but I'm just rapidly mashing and moving a freak w'/o any sense of rhythm for this. Slider would fit much better! I also can't hear why the spacing has to be this ridiculous
01:17:462 (3,4,5,6,7) - The sharp movements are bad for the flow. Make the vertical movement a bit more so you can flow in a circle-shape, instead of straight lines!
01:27:025 (1,2,3,4) - I know this is like the clmax of the song, but the flow here is quite bad. why not try this
01:28:618 (8) - Hidden under 6's reverse
01:30:775 (1) - Make it a circle, ther is no sound at the 1/8.
01:31:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Silence ends please
01:57:025 (1) - Make it a bit larger please

[HW]
00:16:900 (1,6) - Imperfect stack
00:25:900 (1,2,3,4) - This is too sudden! Please make an indication for this speed up. Why not make 00:25:243 (1,2,3,4,5) - constantly increasing is spacing, and thus in speed, making the huge SV feel better (or tone the SV down to approx 1.5x)
00:26:650 (1) - To increase readability, as this is slow, make it a bit curvy/different from the previous ones so people can distinguish it better
00:31:338 (5,1) - Increase the spacing. The gap is hard to read. Remember your EX EX on Helix, it had a similar problem and got DQ'd over it. don't make it happen to this map as well, as the map is a really good one ^_^
00:32:275 (5,1,5,1) - ^^ (Here it's even worse imo)
01:09:275 (3,1) - Such low spacing feels out of place
01:22:806 - Add note please, for consistency with the other similar parts!
01:31:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - Silence the ends please
01:56:931 (2,1) - This stack creates an unneccessary spike. Make it spaced please, for a better flow
Well done HW! Most definitely your best work so far ^_^

[Skystar]
00:54:775 (1) - Ctrl G would make it flow better
01:02:462 (3) - imo the high spacing should start from here, it follows the song better if 01:01:900 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - have lower spacing
01:16:056 (5) - Why 1/8?
01:17:462 (2) - Ctrl G would make it flow better
01:19:056 (5) - I don't hear 1/8
01:25:900 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I really like it, but the curve make it really hard, as you don't only need to move, but also rotate. I don't have problems with it, and saying it was discussed properly it should be fine, but it may be adjusted to make it flow a bit better
01:28:056 (5) - N o 1/8 please
01:30:775 (5) - Make it a circle, ther is no sound at the 1/8.
01:31:150 (1,1,1,1,1) - Silence the ends please, it's rather annoying
I really love this diff. It plays great, is mapped wonderfully and is rather gimmicky, something I really like, as opposed to all thsoe 180-200 BPM jump maps nowadays. ^_^

[A_R]
00:31:900 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Is this even FC'able? It feels way too overdone and has a ridiculous hard flow. This is actually the first place I lost combo (Yes, I FC'ed the whole previous part nomod (NF))
00:33:962 (5,6) - Reminds me of DA^10. Please Ctrl G, this is really harsh and rather unpredictable
00:37:900 (1,2,3,4) - This part is almost impossible to read. Ctrl G (3) and Ctrl G (4) please
00:54:400 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - See first comment
01:19:618 (4) - Stack with (2) increases flow a lot
01:21:775 (5,5,5) - NC for readability
01:24:025 (5) - ^^ This distance man
01:26:650 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This part is truly harsh. I couldn't even pass this with HT O.o The spacing from (2,3) is too high
01:39:025 (1,2,3) - This is a 240 BPM 4-plet in the middle of 160 BPM 1/4 jumps. A reverse slider would play much better (and be more playable)
01:55:900 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - How could I ever FC this? O.o I feel good ^_^

Nice diff, but I'm not that keen of patterns like 01:51:025 (3,4) - The reverse jump is just too much imo

You know what to do
Totoki
Super fun mapset, compared to other ranked maps that no one can fc even the hardest patterns in this mapset is doable, no reason to dumb down for the general player base when the diffs are clearly directed to experienced players.
fartownik
Eyecandy wall inc.

Hollow Wings wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Sry but this shouldn't be bubbled yet. It's gonna get disqualified soon enough if you qualify it now. There's still some major stuff not fixed. extra mod? fine, let's see if there's issue in the map after bubbled.

[HW's Ex]
00:30:400 (1) - The whole part starting from here is pretty bad. You basically try following the streamy beat, but at the same time you follow the other one, leaving spaces like this 00:30:868 where the previous beat is still present. It might've worked with the sliders in the part before, but it surely doesn't work with the streams, especially if you stack them up like you do. Possible solutions: 1. Make it a giant stream. It's the best solution, but I'm pretty sure you won't use it seeing how you wanted to stay consistent to the previous part no matter what, even though a real deathstream would be the most sufficient for this part. 2. Unstack all the streams. Basically everywhere you have a space in-between the streams, have a space on the playfield as well. So: if you really look deep to those streams' rhythm you can understand that every stream is following different tracks even i set them with same 5 notes style, then "inconsistent" ones can express those patterns better. I understand what every stream is following. I still find it pretty bad. It would play much, much better if you fixed it as I mentioned.

You should have a regular 1/2 distance snapping in-between those. You can leave the streamjumps although they're weird as well seeing how inconsitently you put them there.

01:22:056 (1) - New combo why? Just randomly noticed it. stare at this tick: 01:22:806. Fine.
01:26:275 (3,3) - As much as the two previous repeat sliders (from the previous velocity) play fine because you don't have to shake your cursor like a dancer, these ones don't and they're actually horrible to play. No suggestions here, anything would be better than these fast repeating sliders honestly. shake your cursor like a dancer pls, otherwise i'll set the sv larger to let players do that. What kind of answer is this?
01:32:556 (2,3) - When you decide which beat to follow, please don't randomly change it like this. It's odd. I know there's a sound there, but it's nowhere close to be heard by the player if you follow the sound you were following all this time. Remove (2), move (3) to its place and make it longer so it fills the beat. nope, it's not random in its section. Yes, it is random. The sound is in the section, but the other sound you were following for the entirety of the pattern has been dropped (for no good reason). The slider should start at 01:32:556, even if there's another beat in the music at 01:32:650.
01:34:525 (1,2,1,2) - Toooo huge. You've done this before, but for 1/3s. For 1/4s it's really, really sudden especially considering that this is a slow-paced part of the song. Reduce the spacing. do you even look into the map in detail... ? stare at 01:03:775 (1,2) - 's ticks pls. and also, i can play that full screen jumps myself, it's an easier pattern for me than 01:02:837 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - this one. Fine, even though the beat I mentioned follows more of a quiet and non-distinguishable beat than the pattern you've mentioned.
why i map things like this? i got tons of test plays other than yours, and i can tell every detail if you care the so-called answers of "why you set pattern like this?" which just makes me sick, even this map's composing is much more brighter than common ranked ones recently from a mapping view.

yeah "play-ability does not equal quality", then do you guys really looked at the maps' quality without judging the play-ability? to me, the most important part of the quality DO IS play-ability, for a ranked map is made for PLAYING.

"the map plays bad to you? good." should be a quote of the year. Some people also enjoyed Big Black, some people have FC'd Big Black, it doesn't instantly make Big Black a good map. Also you mention playability, yes a good map's best feature should be playability, too bad your map doesn't really have that feature at places and you refuse to acknowledge that in the mods you get. Have a good day.
WORSTPOLACKEU
Skystar's Expert

01:15:400 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) -
This part plays bad and it's not intuitive at all, I played it many times and checked in edit but I have no idea what you are following there.
01:27:400 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) -
Same here

I have tried to listen but I just have no idea what you are mapping too.
I understand it's rhythm variation but it skips strong beats or just adds beats from different sounds and plays really unintuitively.

01:16:525 (2,3) - The slider starts on a weak beat and it's really weird to play it there for example.

http://puu.sh/mFyyV/80b7f0fb22.jpg <- This works
http://puu.sh/mFyC7/fd917579a6.jpg <- This too

01:17:837 (1,2,3) -
Why not 3-2-1 in this order? It plays better, highlights best beats. It's overcomplicated what you did.
Even further away --> http://puu.sh/mFCX1/3bf72cbca9.jpg
That plays so much better imo.

That is a reason why this set should be worked on more, a lot more.
Just because it looks good and is hyped doesn't mean it's ready for ranked. There are sections in most diffs here that I know for a fact people are forced to remove from other maps because it is wrong. Why is it right in this set?
I was forced to remove a slider once because it was "starting on a weak beat" even if it emphasised something else much more.

I had one friend even tell me few days ago that she was forced to do something by a BN because that was how he liked it.
Now she places every jump on a strong beat because of that even if there is something better to emphasize in that moment with a jump like a vocal.

My point is, why is this set allowed to have sections that other sets are not?
I agree, these maps are mapped very well considering visuals and spacing for the most part but it doesn't mean it's playable on ranked level.

And HW + Skystar. I love your maps, I really do and I always defend them from people that try to argue, but these diffs are overdone.
I know you know it yourself, but you want to keep it that way because this is just overdone to the max, I like occasional variations but most diffs in this set are variation after variation in a section and that's very unintuitive to play.

About HW's diff, I like the fast sliders, but the map itself is very unintuitive (note, I love Death Dance).
Some jumps are just going in the wrong direction, even for you.

Or this.
00:30:400 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) -
Wtf. Seriously? This part is plain dumb, the only indicator to how to click that are the approach circles.
I understand the logic behind it but this can't be ranked, I know for a fact that these kind of spacings got fucked over many times before so no, just because it's your map doesn't make it right, sorry. This is just impossible to read without KNOWING it is a pause there.

Or this
01:03:775 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -
Wtf.

I hear spacing has to be consistent throughout the map, how is this consistent.
You space the jumps like this but you don't space the part I mentioned earlier for some reason.

I seriously want you mappers to consider the fact that if many people that actually know something about the game whether it is mapping or playing ability say that something is wrong, then something is.
It doesn't matter how many people FC'd your diffs or came close, it is still a large minority.
Majority of good players thinks the same, that it's overdone.

Try not to excuse some patterns or variations with your mapping ability.
Players that can play those kind of maps should also have their word listened to, not only your BN/QAT/Mapper friends.

Please don't make this set ranked process by the community that hypes this up. Try and actually fix this set to the best.
You will live up to the hype if you actually make this map amazing instead of gimmicky and weird.

There is a thin gap between crazy and genius, this is probably both. Try to make it to the better side.

Don't make this Tengaku v2.
Depths
[HW nya~]
  1. 00:26:650 (1,2) - I would make this one Slider and reduce the SV, I dont hear a second sound or any other reason to have it. the sound to me feels like its coming to a halt, and the SV increase at 00:27:400 (1) - would feel more powerful after a slower movement imo ( I hope you can make sense of this w) I might be wrong about there not being a second sound or anything, but if I'm wrong please enlighten me w
  2. 00:27:118 not mapping this sound? with the way you have it mapped current I can understand your reasoning, Im just curious why its not mapped
  3. 00:31:338 (5,1) - huge reading trap here imo, I know most people might catch it with the NC but still feels like it could be misread in some cases
  4. 00:31:806 (4,1) - maybe decrease this distance some
  5. 00:32:275 (5,1) - same as earlier,could be misread
  6. 00:32:837 (5,1) - ^
  7. 01:19:056 (3,4) - stack 3 on head of 4?
that's all I have to say
UndeadCapulet
I wish people would stop complaining about HW's stacked stream. That arrangement is the truest way to emphasize a song's rhythm. HW has used it in maps before, and will probably use it again. It's not even an HW exclusive arrangement. It's not too hard to read for ranked, and it's really fun and addictive to people that can read it properly.

I feel like a lot of people posting comments are just trying to keep the set from being ranked instead of trying to help improve the map. If you're going to post, please aim to actually be helpful.
Bara-
Edited my post as I finished modding all diffs
Depths
owo
UndeadCapulet
not you depths :P
neurosis
Topic Starter
Flower

Baraatje123 wrote:

[Easy]
Consider increasing AR to 3.5-3.7, so sliders as 00:01:900 (1,1) - won't overlap anymore
00:45:400 (1,2) - Blanket its done fine enough imo. slightest change may make it worse
Cool diff

[Irre]
00:51:025 (1) - A 1/2 slider with a circle after wards would play much better, as this slider ends on a downbeat (and the sound at the 1/2 is really strong) i doubt that. in this diff, sv is high enough to make the player feel slider end being even harder than slider head
00:56:462 (4) - Why use such rhythm, when at the beat (you skipped) a strong sound exists (which is much stronger then the 1/2)
01:01:900 (1) - Distance!!!
01:14:650 (2,1) - Such low spacing. Make the players more prepared for the higher SV/DS!
01:24:400 (1,1) - Not stacked properly
01:30:400 (1) - <3
01:51:962 (2,2) - Claps?
I like it ^_^

[fanzhen]
00:16:337 (2) - A triplet instead of this would play better. imo 1/4 sliders w/o reverse are rather hard (for hard)
00:19:337 (2) - ^^
00:51:212 (5) - ^^ this one should be fine
00:54:400 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Quite hard to read. The first 3 might be fine, but 00:55:150 (1,2,3) - are much harder. Consider making those a reverse-kickslider as well
Nice diff

[Hyper]
00:25:900 (1) - End at 00:27:025 sounds better imo not really imo...
<3

[LKs]
01:22:056 (1) - This is just incredibly confusing. Stack it ontop of the next object
01:22:806 (1) - ^^
01:23:556 (1) - ^^
I don't even know what to say. I love it

The next part part of the mod will be 99% based on actual playability. I played all higher diffs 10 times, and some things were problematic for me. There are a few things which were already discussed (like Skystar's stream) so I'll leave them out
[LKs]
00:48:400 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - This pattern plays ridiculously hard, and so does the reading, mostly due to 00:48:962 (2,1,2) - where the pattern changes. Every time I played this I missed this treating it as 1/2 circle solves it. I think the flow is fine.
01:26:650 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - Higher spacing is fine, sliderjumps are fine. But this is not. The sliders which are cramped upon eachother create a huge slowdown, which continues in a fast stream with a really harsh flow, because of (2,3,4) which is a triangle, which plays terrible at such high BPM (1/4) just like taketori hishou (lunatic), the pattern is easy be treated by tapping like lunatic. precise solution is certainly a challenge, or it won't be called "another"
01:30:400 (1,2) - This jump is really unexpected and quite hard 01:56:837 (4) - i recon it being fine, as the appr. circle suggests it being 1/4
01:39:400 - Add a circle please as discussed, nah
01:56:931 - ^^, this sound is even more noticable then 01:56:837 (4) - i like the custom rhythm, and its good

[Another]
00:24:306 (10) - This note a hard to hit, as it's hidden under the previous slider. Even if it would require high spacing it would play better, as the sudden stop makes this feel really weird
00:25:900 (1) - Silence end? the reverse ride makes it fit
00:31:900 (1,2,3) - The fact the the sliders start on the blue ticks made this part rather awkward, the harsh curve from (1) to (2) is also not that great. That is actually the biggest problem, as 00:37:900 (1,2,3,4) - plays good this pattern is plainly based on the pitch.
00:49:525 (1,2,3,4) - The gap from here to 00:49:900 (1) - is too low. I for example mash the buttons from streams like this, causing me to miss on the next notes (and therefore the whole stream) cant really understand the concept, but this pattern should not be a problem on playability
01:08:650 (5,6,7,8,1) - I hate patterns as these, but this is just personal opinion. It's too harsh, try to make it flow more smoothly! inherited from my previous maps. i would like to keep it
01:55:900 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This part is too hard to read. It's even harder then the highest diffs which shouldn't happen. Remove 01:56:931 (9) - then move 01:56:181 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 1/4 later, and add a note at 01:56:181. This would make it much easier to read, while not changing the overall gameplay that much i doubt it. it plays fine, as everything gaps 1/4. i can do it without difficulty, can't pass the part between kiai, tho

[Fanzhen]
00:21:118 (5) - The fact that the triplet starts at the blue tick makes this feel awkward. Only now, when I see it in the editor I understand the rhythm. I Always thought it started at the white tick, and that 00:21:400 (1) - started at the blue tick. Consider removing a reverse from 00:20:650 (4) - to make it feel better this is readable, like, uh, moe moe anime song pattern. i would recon keeping it
00:29:462 (3,4,1) - Quite ridiculous movement. The triangle has a harsh flow, and the "doublet-stream" following doesn't justify it much already reduced spacing. i think there should be no problem
00:32:650 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This is just too much. The first 4 are still doable, but the last rectangle is just over done. Please reduce spacing a little bit (or make the flow a bit better), the straight curves are too harsh for me i call this typical lks pattern, um sorry, we are in fanzhen? imo this is doable, just need a bit more aim.
00:34:150 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Is there a need for such high spacing? Especially (5) makes this feel really weird the pattern is in regular paradigm. 2nd half of a bar - high spacing; white line - turn
00:50:650 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - ERMMMM. Can people FC this? Out of my 10 attempts. I FC'd it once, but I'm just rapidly mashing and moving a freak w'/o any sense of rhythm for this. Slider would fit much better! I also can't hear why the spacing has to be this ridiculous i think this plays fine at this AR rate.
01:17:462 (3,4,5,6,7) - The sharp movements are bad for the flow. Make the vertical movement a bit more so you can flow in a circle-shape, instead of straight lines! this happens in a few previous maps so it should be ok
01:27:025 (1,2,3,4) - I know this is like the clmax of the song, but the flow here is quite bad. why not try this the suggested pattern dowsn't look good. moreover, imo flow isn't everything
01:28:618 (8) - Hidden under 6's reverse its rankable because it is clear where the slider head is, unless you set the skin not to show combo number
01:30:775 (1) - Make it a circle, ther is no sound at the 1/8.
01:31:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Silence ends please
01:57:025 (1) - Make it a bit larger please should be fine

[A_R]
00:31:900 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Is this even FC'able? It feels way too overdone and has a ridiculous hard flow. This is actually the first place I lost combo (Yes, I FC'ed the whole previous part nomod (NF)) that's the part it becoming hard. i would say it's a challenge.
00:33:962 (5,6) - Reminds me of DA^10. Please Ctrl G, this is really harsh and rather unpredictable it follows the clap i set
00:37:900 (1,2,3,4) - This part is almost impossible to read. Ctrl G (3) and Ctrl G (4) please it is readable because appoach circle is there.
00:54:400 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - See first comment
01:19:618 (4) - Stack with (2) increases flow a lot
01:21:775 (5,5,5) - NC for readability
01:24:025 (5) - ^^ This distance man
01:26:650 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This part is truly harsh. I couldn't even pass this with HT O.o The spacing from (2,3) is too high some say the previous part is harder. i will keep it as the big boss
01:39:025 (1,2,3) - This is a 240 BPM 4-plet in the middle of 160 BPM 1/4 jumps. A reverse slider would play much better (and be more playable) nah.
01:55:900 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - How could I ever FC this? O.o I feel good ^_^ this one should be ok

Nice diff, but I'm not that keen of patterns like 01:51:025 (3,4) - The reverse jump is just too much imo

You know what to do
thanks for modding~
Hollow Wings

Baraatje123 wrote:

[HW]
00:16:900 (1,6) - Imperfect stack w... what?
00:25:900 (1,2,3,4) - This is too sudden! Please make an indication for this speed up. Why not make 00:25:243 (1,2,3,4,5) - constantly increasing is spacing, and thus in speed, making the huge SV feel better (or tone the SV down to approx 1.5x) at least it's better than the previous version to people, thou the previous version is much better to me.
00:26:650 (1) - To increase readability, as this is slow, make it a bit curvy/different from the previous ones so people can distinguish it better nope, people won't notice the nc pattern unless they try to.
00:31:338 (5,1) - Increase the spacing. The gap is hard to read. Remember your EX EX on Helix, it had a similar problem and got DQ'd over it. don't make it happen to this map as well, as the map is a really good one ^_^ i think this is quite different from helix's pattern, you can read those approaching circles clearly, that's how you can hit the circle correctly.
00:32:275 (5,1,5,1) - ^^ (Here it's even worse imo) ^
01:09:275 (3,1) - Such low spacing feels out of place it's more like a stack pattern here in aiming view, which is just a kind of ds pattern.
01:22:806 - Add note please, for consistency with the other similar parts! nope, for just following the song.
01:31:150 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - Silence the ends please that's ok imo...
01:56:931 (2,1) - This stack creates an unneccessary spike. Make it spaced please, for a better flow people will only focus on note 1, note 2 is just a passing by 1/4 tapping obj when they playing this pattern.
Well done HW! Most definitely your best work so far ^_^ lol... this is made 2 years ago thou www

You know what to do
Eyecandy wall inc.

Hollow Wings wrote:

fartownik wrote:

[HW's Ex]
00:30:400 (1) - The whole part starting from here is pretty bad. You basically try following the streamy beat, but at the same time you follow the other one, leaving spaces like this 00:30:868 where the previous beat is still present. It might've worked with the sliders in the part before, but it surely doesn't work with the streams, especially if you stack them up like you do. Possible solutions: 1. Make it a giant stream. It's the best solution, but I'm pretty sure you won't use it seeing how you wanted to stay consistent to the previous part no matter what, even though a real deathstream would be the most sufficient for this part. 2. Unstack all the streams. Basically everywhere you have a space in-between the streams, have a space on the playfield as well. So: if you really look deep to those streams' rhythm you can understand that every stream is following different tracks even i set them with same 5 notes style, then "inconsistent" ones can express those patterns better. I understand what every stream is following. I still find it pretty bad. It would play much, much better if you fixed it as I mentioned. i find it worse if i change it as you mentioned.

01:22:056 (1) - New combo why? Just randomly noticed it. stare at this tick: 01:22:806. Fine.
01:26:275 (3,3) - As much as the two previous repeat sliders (from the previous velocity) play fine because you don't have to shake your cursor like a dancer, these ones don't and they're actually horrible to play. No suggestions here, anything would be better than these fast repeating sliders honestly. shake your cursor like a dancer pls, otherwise i'll set the sv larger to let players do that. What kind of answer is this? i'm telling you that you may shake your cursor like a dancer if you played that pattern.
01:32:556 (2,3) - When you decide which beat to follow, please don't randomly change it like this. It's odd. I know there's a sound there, but it's nowhere close to be heard by the player if you follow the sound you were following all this time. Remove (2), move (3) to its place and make it longer so it fills the beat. nope, it's not random in its section. Yes, it is random. The sound is in the section, but the other sound you were following for the entirety of the pattern has been dropped (for no good reason). The slider should start at 01:32:556, even if there's another beat in the music at 01:32:650. then i say the rhythm 01:32:650 (3) - is following is the better choice, i prefer emphasis the same beats every sliders' head are following at this part, rather than just simply following the string track. even the tick already has a note.
01:34:525 (1,2,1,2) - Toooo huge. You've done this before, but for 1/3s. For 1/4s it's really, really sudden especially considering that this is a slow-paced part of the song. Reduce the spacing. do you even look into the map in detail... ? stare at 01:03:775 (1,2) - 's ticks pls. and also, i can play that full screen jumps myself, it's an easier pattern for me than 01:02:837 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - this one. Fine, even though the beat I mentioned follows more of a quiet and non-distinguishable beat than the pattern you've mentioned. they are distinguished clearly.

"the map plays bad to you? good." should be a quote of the year. Some people also enjoyed Big Black, some people have FC'd Big Black, it doesn't instantly make Big Black a good map. Also you mention playability, yes a good map's best feature should be playability, too bad your map doesn't really have that feature at places and you refuse to acknowledge that in the mods you get. Have a good day. thou eventually that big black is one of the best maps in the year 2012, and it do is a really great map even you can't play it well. too bad if you can't play this map well, too. and also, i always replying to mods, any mods are welcomed, i know what i'm acknowledging and refusing.

Depths wrote:

[HW nya~]
  1. 00:26:650 (1,2) - I would make this one Slider and reduce the SV, I dont hear a second sound or any other reason to have it. the sound to me feels like its coming to a halt, and the SV increase at 00:27:400 (1) - would feel more powerful after a slower movement imo ( I hope you can make sense of this w) I might be wrong about there not being a second sound or anything, but if I'm wrong please enlighten me w i just wanna say you need to listen to the song carefully.
  2. 00:27:118 not mapping this sound? with the way you have it mapped current I can understand your reasoning, Im just curious why its not mapped the sound you think in that tick is actually at 00:27:025 which i've already covered with obj.
  3. 00:31:338 (5,1) - huge reading trap here imo, I know most people might catch it with the NC but still feels like it could be misread in some cases the pattern reads totally fine.
  4. 00:31:806 (4,1) - maybe decrease this distance some it's easy to combo it even in streams. distanced notes are easier to catch the position and rhythm.
  5. 00:32:275 (5,1) - same as earlier,could be misread
  6. 00:32:837 (5,1) - ^
  7. 01:19:056 (3,4) - stack 3 on head of 4? w... what? they are not even at same part...
that's all I have to say
thanks for modding!
fartownik

Hollow Wings wrote:

thou eventually that big black is one of the best maps in the year 2012, and it do is a really great map even you can't play it well. too bad if you can't play this map well, too. and also, i always replying to mods, any mods are welcomed, i know what i'm acknowledging and refusing.
:||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

i've got nothing to say
Skystar

Baraatje123 wrote:

[General]
In Skystar's diff, take a look at this fixed.
• Object is unsnapped:
01:26:179 {86179} Circle
01:26:277 {86277} Circle
01:26:554 {86554} Circle
01:26:929 {86929} Circle
01:27:304 {87304} Circle

[Skystar]
00:54:775 (1) - Ctrl G would make it flow better mh I prefer current one.
01:02:462 (3) - imo the high spacing should start from here, it follows the song better if 01:01:900 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - have lower spacing alternative, it speeds up as drums emerge, not following melody here.
01:16:056 (5) - Why 1/8? slider leniency, you have more time to deal with high spacing between ones like 01:15:962 (4,5) - , it also gives a stronger emphasis going into next slider 01:16:150 (1) - , same goes for all subsequent 1/8s.
01:17:462 (2) - Ctrl G would make it flow better eh not really..
01:19:056 (5) - I don't hear 1/8
01:25:900 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - I really like it, but the curve make it really hard, as you don't only need to move, but also rotate. I don't have problems with it, and saying it was discussed properly it should be fine, but it may be adjusted to make it flow a bit better
01:28:056 (5) - N o 1/8 please
01:30:775 (5) - Make it a circle, ther is no sound at the 1/8.
01:31:150 (1,1,1,1,1) - Silence the ends please, it's rather annoying kay.
I really love this diff. It plays great, is mapped wonderfully and is rather gimmicky, something I really like, as opposed to all thsoe 180-200 BPM jump maps nowadays. ^_^

WORSTPOLACKEU wrote:

Skystar's Expert

01:15:400 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) -
This part plays bad and it's not intuitive at all, I played it many times and checked in edit but I have no idea what you are following there. melody, apparently.
01:27:400 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) -
Same here ^

I have tried to listen but I just have no idea what you are mapping too.
I understand it's rhythm variation but it skips strong beats or just adds beats from different sounds and plays really unintuitively.

01:16:525 (2,3) - The slider starts on a weak beat and it's really weird to play it there for example. weak beat? uh there's a snare and a kick that couldn't be more obvious.

http://puu.sh/mFyyV/80b7f0fb22.jpg <- This works
http://puu.sh/mFyC7/fd917579a6.jpg <- This too

01:17:837 (1,2,3) -
Why not 3-2-1 in this order? It plays better, highlights best beats. It's overcomplicated what you did. no idea what you're talking about but reminded me of ctrl+g'ing 01:17:837 (1) - , thanks anyways.
Even further away --> http://puu.sh/mFCX1/3bf72cbca9.jpg
That plays so much better imo.
http://puu.sh/mHCoI/5f9ff5c7cc.rar
Kitami Erika
[fanzhen's Extra]
remap
Topic Starter
Flower
I can't really understand mappers now day can map X diff with random jumps on a low-bpm dnb song.
现在的mapper怎么做慢如牛的dnb曲也能瞎xx跳个X难度出来 我真的不是很懂

我昨晚梦见星神把那个ladder改了,然后星数降到了5.8,真tm噩梦啊

edit:

Mystyk wrote:

Karen wrote:

can you guys stop dropping shit posts and help the map instead.

btw,
in fanzhen's Hard
00:01:900 - there is no sv change on this green line, it should be avoided.
just reminding you about this, it still hasn't been fixed

Ranking Criteria wrote:

An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed)
The problem is not with the volume of the green line (as HappyRocket88 mentioned), the problem is that it has no SV change, that's why 00:01:900 - this green line has to be removed!
fixed. thank you!
neonat
我也不知道
Sangzin
On LKs' diff
00:31:400 (6) - ???
Shad0w1and
個人讀圖手速原因,跳圖好打,圖梗圖難打。個人喜歡跳圖(๑• . •๑)
Shoga

Flower wrote:

I can't really understand mappers now day can map X diff with random jumps on a low-bpm dnb song.
现在的mapper怎么做慢如牛的dnb曲也能瞎xx跳个X难度出来 我真的不是很懂
DO u own the copyright for that? XD
Mystyk

Karen wrote:

can you guys stop dropping shit posts and help the map instead.

btw,
in fanzhen's Hard
00:01:900 - there is no sv change on this green line, it should be avoided.
just reminding you about this, it still hasn't been fixed

Ranking Criteria wrote:

An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed)
The problem is not with the volume of the green line (as HappyRocket88 mentioned), the problem is that it has no SV change, that's why 00:01:900 - this green line has to be removed!
mintong89
不会osu所以只能来冒泡下 别打我 :)
Topic Starter
Flower
updated
ZZHBOY
rebub
Justify
o-o
Rizia
skystar
00:08:087 - 剛剛test了一下 覺得靜音並不太好 少了個聲音好像有點怪怪的 最好讓它能聽見