forum

I'm tired

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

ShadyAngel wrote:

I have a feeling you are getting burnt-out.Skip a month and then hopefully you'll find your fun again.
It's still fun if not pp farming though, but I just feel pain on my fingertip (taping finger), it will go away after I wake up this morning I guess.

Infevo wrote:

switch it up. play some dt. play some challenging barely passable dnb maps with nf just for fun. slap on some hd (it really is a nice change and i can't live without this mod anymore). don't retry but just keep enjoying the songs and the maps. i think you are trying too hard for pp increase and now you end up forgetting how to still enjoy the game itself. i enjoy pp as well but after sticking around rank 24k for 4-5 months while playing 3k plays a month i really learnt how to love the circle clicking again^^
you also should play more online so you can better keep an eye on your play/hit totals. "playing more" is a rather subjective term but we can't tell if you really play sufficiently to justify improvement in terms of skill and pp rewards when your profile stats don't even change.
I will post screenshot about what I do when I play offline, it's 4 am here I'm not on my pc right now.
I'm also planning to play online everytime from now.
A1R
PP or skill has never been the primary reason i play this game. I can understand when you're around 10,000 you want to become better.
Maybe quit for a few days or weeks and see if you come back to the game on your own. Like you mentioned because you want to play that one song in your library you love for the map or the song itself.
chainpullz
Endie-
pls enjoy game
S[u]nD[e]Yz
Im like you, i keep pushing myself in order to get pp and periodically i find myself pretty frustated,in this case i just take a long break and during that i play maps that just challenge me and that i can barely pass. Or, i start my session trying farming map and at the end the challenge ones.
silento
This was me a few weeks back, when I had ~960 pp. I'm going to suggest something different: play offline for a day. Find what you truly picked this game up for and enjoy it. It's not gaining ranks right now because of what you're saying.

Another thing you can do is to play maps you like. I hated animu TV sizes during my period of frustration, so I resorted to playing longer streamy and rather tapping intensive maps (grumd goreshit maps, Sakura Nagashi, Eastern Dream, Solar, Near Distant Future, etc) that I liked. Find what you enjoy and enjoy it.

You can also always take a break. Osu will be here forever, but you won't be.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Ninonuko wrote:

I will post screenshot about what I do when I play offline

A1R wrote:

PP or skill has never been the primary reason i play this game. I can understand when you're around 10,000 you want to become better.
Maybe quit for a few days or weeks and see if you come back to the game on your own. Like you mentioned because you want to play that one song in your library you love for the map or the song itself.
Quit..? But this is holiday I don't want to quit ._.
But if you mean quit farming pp, yes I want to quit farming pp.

chainpullz wrote:

#neverlucky
Then after fc, take a rest, watch replay, find nothing amazing.
It's like I was achieve nothing but ranks and pp.

TheArchist wrote:

This was me a few weeks back, when I had ~960 pp. I'm going to suggest something different: play offline for a day. Find what you truly picked this game up for and enjoy it. It's not gaining ranks right now because of what you're saying.

Another thing you can do is to play maps you like. I hated animu TV sizes during my period of frustration, so I resorted to playing longer streamy and rather tapping intensive maps (grumd goreshit maps, Sakura Nagashi, Eastern Dream, Solar, Near Distant Future, etc) that I liked. Find what you enjoy and enjoy it.

You can also always take a break. Osu will be here forever, but you won't be.
I'm already an offline player, check my play count. :)
I don't like tv size too, demanding yet not amazing to do.

Sorry for not covering all replies.
-Makishima S-
Risa
Why not play multiplayer
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
I'm finally realized I can't find what I seek on most ranked map nowadays...

Reset- wrote:

Why not play multiplayer
I want to, but...
Shitty internet, who want to wait me downloading 10 MB in 5 minutes?
Risa
Maybe find some good friends who will
vsprite
Play more
Yolshka

vsprite wrote:

Play more

Thank you for changing profile picture.
timemon
You can't expect to gain pp everyday it will eventually stop because of your skill reaching its limit.
Sometimes you gotta take a break from pp and try to up your skill ceiling. It might take a long time to do but it's worth it.

I started playing HR a month ago. Couldn't FC shit, couldn't read, crappy 4 star FC everywhere. I didn't gain my pp but my skill got better.
And now I'm starting to get decent HR FC. (most of them are crappy, though)
Faustas156
fun > ranks
Endie-
stop caring about ranks geez
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
Somehow I have found my motivation again by stay away from 2015 ranked map.
Thanks for all advice you guys gave, including the unqouted.

Ninonuko wrote:

Reset- wrote:

Why not play multiplayer
I want to, but...

Reset- wrote:

I will die from embarrassment because of retarded download speed.
I have friends who I know will waiting for me downloading map but skill difference won't let us enjoy game together.

timemon wrote:

You can't expect to gain pp everyday it will eventually stop because of your skill reaching its limit.
Sometimes you gotta take a break from pp and try to up your skill ceiling. It might take a long time to do but it's worth it.

I started playing HR a month ago. Couldn't FC shit, couldn't read, crappy 4 star FC everywhere. I didn't gain my pp but my skill got better.
And now I'm starting to get decent HR FC. (most of them are crappy, though)
Same here ;_;
ZenithPhantasm
Get better inet somehow
Endaris

Ninonuko wrote:

t/147478

Even with slow internet you will have all the ranked maps within a week or so and also a lot of maps that aren't available on the maplink anymore. If you can discipline yourself to DL every new map pack none will have to wait for you again - unless playing unranked maps but that's not so common.
chainpullz

Endaris wrote:

Ninonuko wrote:

playing unranked maps
I don't know why you'd play anything else in a multi lobby.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Get better inet somehow
It will be one of my wishes in 2016 then lol.

Endaris wrote:

t/147478

Even with slow internet you will have all the ranked maps within a week or so and also a lot of maps that aren't available on the maplink anymore. If you can discipline yourself to DL every new map pack none will have to wait for you again - unless playing unranked maps but that's not so common.
I have everything there, but anything outside that is meh.
I need to download everything start from early 2015 to make sure none will wait for me downloading ranked map.

chainpullz wrote:

I don't know why you'd play anything else in a multi lobby.
Are ppls in multi pick more unranked nowadays?
KanoSet

Ninonuko wrote:

dat feel :| .. we can be good friends
Manysi
Maybe try mapping? Its fun if you have enough patience.
Risa
Then join tounaments
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

KanoSet wrote:

Ninonuko wrote:

dat feel :| .. we can be good friends
:)

Sailexk wrote:

Currently trying to, but time management is kinda hard because I have other game besides osu!.

Reset- wrote:

Then join tounaments
If there's tournament which I can join individually I will join.
Don't ask or tell me to join my country tournament, I won't
Karuta-_old_1
I want to just play map where I barely get A and still possibly fail, I feel way more motivated, I feel impressed when I find myself ss some hard part.
I'm also motivated to play the song I like.
That's the whole point of playing a map, you play to improve and you need motivation for that

I'm actually don't want to play any farm map like great distance, no title, stella, miiro, bull's eye, etc but deep inside me I'm worried about pp, I will play that map again and the cycle goes on.
There isn't any real enjoyment if you don't like the beatmap, if you are playing for pp that makes it all the more frustrating

I want to stop farming pp but idk if it's okay or not, please convince me if it's okay
You can farm pp whenever you feel like it, its not going anywhere

Endaris wrote:

unless playing unranked maps but that's not so common.
Not so common OVER MY DEAD BODY (have you played mp at all), almost everyone out there likes to play RECENT unranked maps because they have such large spacing and give pp when ranked, it is okay if there is bloodcat, but if it is not there I would bet on osu! server giving me a decent line to download (and also that ridiculously slim chance of players uploading it for me)
Risa
Since u said ur chinese u might as well go to the chinese forums to look for tournaments there. Im pretty sure some of the chinese tourney hosts will allow u to play~

Also if u posted this thread 1 week ago i couldve invited u to my team for a tourney .______.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Karuta- wrote:

There isn't any real enjoyment if you don't like the beatmap, if you are playing for pp that makes it all the more frustrating

Karuta- wrote:

Not so common OVER MY DEAD BODY (have you played mp at all), almost everyone out there likes to play RECENT unranked maps because they have such large spacing and give pp when ranked, it is okay if there is bloodcat, but if it is not there I would bet on osu! server giving me a decent line to download (and also that ridiculously slim chance of players uploading it for me)
most 2015 ranked maps are... well... I will burned out and lost my motivation faster by playing them.
Random jump, back and forth jump, triangles everywhere, basically the map itself is simple (I don't say it's easy), that's unmotivating as a map, I don't have any idea how it's fun unless I like the song.
I didn't mean to disrespect mapper, since it's not easy, need a lot of time to make and effort to make it ranked, really thanks for the map.

Reset- wrote:

Since u said ur chinese u might as well go to the chinese forums to look for tournaments there. Im pretty sure some of the chinese tourney hosts will allow u to play~

Also if u posted this thread 1 week ago i couldve invited u to my team for a tourney .______.
I would be pleased :), but too bad I'm late
vsprite
You want suggestions but you are denying nearly ALL them? Wtf is your problem. Are you looking for pity for you inability and laziness to finding ways to solving your problem? "I dont want to play pp maps" are you forgetting this is a rhythm game? Playing what you find fun comes first before anything to do with ranking or pp.

If you are refusing to try the suggestions which are mostly great, then why bother making this thread in the first place?
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

vsprite wrote:

You want suggestions but you are denying them? Wtf is your problem.
When did I deny them? sorry, I don't meant to do so.

vsprite wrote:

Are you looking for pity for you inability and laziness to finding ways to solving your problem?
I have solve it, I don't want to abandoning topic and ignoring ppl advice.

vsprite wrote:

"I dont want to play pp maps" are you forgetting this is a rhythm game?
Yes.

vsprite wrote:

If you are refusing to try the suggestions which are mostly great, then why bother making this thread in the first place?

Ninonuko wrote:

Sailexk wrote:

Currently trying to, but time management is kinda hard because I have other game besides osu!.

Ninonuko wrote:

Reset- wrote:
Then join tounaments

If there's tournament which I can join individually I will join.
Don't ask or tell me to join my country tournament, I won't
didn't say I refuse to join any tournament.

Ninonuko wrote:

Endaris wrote:
t/147478

I have everything there, but anything outside that is meh.
I need to download everything start from early 2015 to make sure none will wait for me downloading ranked map.
I say I need to download everything from early 2015, didn't mean I won't do it, I do it right now but start from the newest one to where I'm stop (not fully stop) downloading map.

Ninonuko wrote:

Reset- wrote:
Why not play multiplayer

I want to, but...

Ninonuko wrote:

Reset- wrote:

I have friends who I know will waiting for me downloading map but skill difference won't let us enjoy game together.
I was just being honest.

And much more...
Risa
Just keep stalking the tournament forums and N E V E R G I V E U P