forum

Editor Metronome

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Right now the metronome is can only be heard when under "Timing." The beat hitsounds, however, are not played while under the "Timing" tab. Fine tuning offsets may be easier if you could just line up the metronome and the hitsounds.
Gemi

Cyclone wrote:

Right now the metronome is can only be heard when under "Timing." The beat hitsounds, however, are not played while under the "Timing" tab. Fine tuning offsets may be easier if you could just line up the metronome and the hitsounds.
There's a slight problem with that. All of the currently ranked maps are actually off-sync if you listen to the hitsounds in the editor. Originally everyone should have started syncing their songs according to the editor hitsound playback, but as we noticed with James, there is a 10-20ms (forgot how much exactly) mistake in the current sync of ranked songs versus the hitsound in the editor. We noticed this when I used the hitsound to sync his DDR Nonstopmegamix and he then complained that the sync for every section was a bit wrong. I don't know what should be done about it. Either all ranked songs need to be re-synced, the editor hitsound playback needs to be changed or we should just forget about it and pretend that the problem isn't there.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
would that be why, when i'm modding, many maps seem to be 15 ms late?(or is that just the mapper?)

The main reason i ask this is because i test offset in test mode, but i am horrible at coming in at the right time, so the game says avg 55 ms off(or something) off the first note and takes a while to calm back down. Its not so much of a problem when the entire song is a single BPM, as it will completely level out before too long, but i can't seem to get small sections timed properly. Also good for if there's a part i can't actually hit well. (go to a lower difficulty, right? I was timing one of burai's maps and the lower difficulties were cut short)

Honestly i think that if it actually is the editor playing it back 10-20 ms off, then that may need to be fixed. The metronome idea is pretty pointless otherwise(unless a note is made that its a certain amount off)

I guess its not that big of a deal, just an idea i had
Gemi

Cyclone wrote:

Honestly i think that if it actually is the editor playing it back 10-20 ms off, then that may need to be fixed. The metronome idea is pretty pointless otherwise(unless a note is made that its a certain amount off)
Well technically it's not the editor that is off, it's the universal audio offset that people are using that is off. The easy way to fix the situation now however is to change the editor sound to go with the uao that people are using instead of changing the offset of all current ranked maps.
Saturos
Uhhh, since when was the editor not effected by your UO?

There shouldn't be a difference.
peppy
This thread hurts my head. Pain.

But I don't see a problem with the original feature request.
Gemi

Saturos wrote:

If UO does affect the editor sound, then the sound is off, since it does not sound right with maps that are deemed perfectly timed. I never actually tested changing my UO and seeing if the editor sound changes.
peppy

Gemi wrote:

Saturos wrote:

If UO does affect the editor sound, then the sound is off, since it does not sound right with maps that are deemed perfectly timed. I never actually tested changing my UO and seeing if the editor sound changes.
No and no. It does affect editor and is correct.