ZiRoX
Soon™
Topic Starter
Deif
Nowpls™ :(
Yuii-
I haven't modded CtB for over 1 month, I'm rusty :(

H e l l o , D a v i d ! ™
Modding in English because I don't know how to speak Spanish.

[Kappa]

I actually want to bring to the topic a lot of things about this difficulty that may (or not) need an explanation as a cease to some patterns. I also wonder why you are not mapping so many red ticks when the principal and louder beats are right there.

1. 00:18:760 (2) - Considering the density of the map overall, this rhythm could be mapped in another way without ignoring what is really important here. I'm talking about 00:18:613 - . It's the most prominent beat after the finish sound on (1)'s head. By doing a pattern similar to 01:08:516 (1,2,3) - you will be still emphasising everything properly and making the most important things as "clickable" (Standard definition, dunno if this applies for CtB). Additionally, you should map this object that has a completely different rhythm than the others repeater sliders on this first section, such as 00:14:077 (2,2,2) - .
  2. 00:28:711 - At this AR mapping 1/1 the same way as 5/2 (in terms of distance) is quite... not a good idea, basically. The AR doesn't help at all when it comes to recognize the same spacing with different ms in between. What I'm suggesting is either reducing the 1/1s or increasing the 3/2s. Emphasising is important, so maybe the second option is more viable.
  3. 00:38:662 (2,3,1,2,1) - 00:43:345 (2,3,1,2,1) - I am also wondering about these two patterns in particular being too dense compared to all the other patterns on the Kiai. Yes, there are a lot of beats audible on these sections, but the most intense part of the song is... particularly easier than these? Doesn't make too much sense if you think about it.
  4. 01:04:272 - I'm quite surprised by the fact you are ignoring this beat completely even when it's very audible. You are losing the opportunity of placing a circle, basically, whereas in other parts that are as intense as this one, there's actually something on it.
  5. 01:10:857 (1,2,3) - I have no idea what you are trying to map here but it sounds a bit too off, personally let me recommend you a different rhythm that will cover each beat and follow the vocals even better 01:08:516 (1,2,3) - .
[¿Alguna vez te pusiste a moddear cambiándole el nombre a las dificultades? Qué feo se debe ver este título tan largo en el Thread, por Dios.]

1. 00:23:735 (3,1,2) - I think there's a minor spacing mistake right here, you are supposed to make (1) emphasised instead of (2). Considering how you are building all this section, you should work around this pattern for a while.
  2. 00:33:687 (2,2) - Same rhythm, same beats, same musical part... but still, being mapped differently. Intended? Would love to see 00:33:687 (2) - with a repeater. without it kinda kills the momentum of the drums and emphasis.
  3. 00:50:955 (1,2) - You may want to decrease the distance between these objects. If you hear the song from 00:50:955 - you will notice how every single hit emphasises the song gradually, and for that reason you should look forward to increase the spacing gradually for every single object. If you can hear (1,2) being louder than 00:52:126 (1,2) - (even when you added a custom hitsound to (2)) or 00:53:296 (1,2) - (same here) you need that sweet new pair of headphones! By the way, as a 400pp player it took me 3 tries to catch 00:50:809 (3,1) - properly, that's a really sharp angles and has a very bad transition along with 00:49:784 (1,2) - .
  4. 01:01:931 (2) - More like a personal request/preference, but could you curve this slider a bit? It requires too much movement when the music doesn't support it at all.
  5. 01:02:662 (1,2) - This transition needs a dash, however 01:03:248 (2,1) - doesn't. Even if the percussion on 01:03:833 - is stronger, you decided to not emphasise it. Quite weird.
  6. 01:05:004 (1) - Two different type of sounds being mapped onto the same object. The first part from 01:05:004 - to 01:05:223 - it's a holdable sound with the "o~" in the background. The second one, although are a series of different sounds (aka a stream could be placed here) re-introducing the guitar and another part of the vocals. You could try to make a slider on the first part and then another slider for the second one, but definitely not on the same object, you want to emphasise everything properly.
  7. 01:14:370 (1) - Burai slider hah.
  8. 01:19:931 (3,1) - Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't able to catch (1) without a dash whilst 01:21:394 (1,1) - pretty much catchable without too much effort. Maybe moving (1) on x352 would fix this "issue".
  9. 01:24:174 - Aaaayyy, ignoring this is a sin.
[Platillo Volador Magnificamente Desarrolado !faq es:capping. Si lo otro se ve feo, este debe ser peor.]

Loved this difficulty, amazing.

1. 00:09:613 (4,5,6,7,8) - I really think soft sampleset would do a better work here, considering there are no drums at all, so emphasising them that much sounds a bit too loud.
  2. 00:12:321 (1) - Ugh, this could be a bit more curved, it's quite hard to follow every pattern here, try to copy it from 00:11:150 (1) - . Same goes to 00:17:004 (1) - .
  3. 00:23:735 (3) - 00:28:418 (3) - You could divide them into two different clickable objects instead, emphasising the drums is something really important and worth on this section.
  4. 01:15:248 (4) - From what I can remember this it should be a stream.
[Mirá que le podés poner nombres creativos a la dificultad máxima y el señorito le pone "Rain"... con gente así no se puede vivir (?)]

1. 00:03:833 (4,1) - Unsure about this hyper-dash a bit, it's killing the pace of the calm intro as a whole. Definitely wouldn't do this at all, especially when there's nothing really much to be emphasised.
  2. 00:09:540 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Basically the same I said on Platter.
  3. 00:26:809 (2,3,4) - And now here comes the problem. You are literally destroying the momentum of the 1/2 sliders by placing them like that. My suggestion mostly comes from analyzing your previous patterns; yes, the back-and-forth on (2,3,4) isn't a /bad/ idea, but definitely could be improved with HDashes, don't see a reason behind not to do them, so what about https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3989640 ?
  4. 00:56:077 (2) - Pretty much catchable without any movement. Are you sure you want to create this movement-cancellation or whatever it is called? I really think that extending this slider a bit (instead of curving it that much) may help overall to give the player a sort of idea the most intense part of the map is approaching, and so, they should start moving a bit more from the very beginning of this section.
  5. 01:11:296 (2,3,4) - Such a low spacing between these notes.
  6. Regarding streams: Even though I understand your point of "they sound very similar on pretty much every beat so isn't worth creating a separated movement" a bit, you should look into the streams on Platter, then, as they do require a certain movement from the players instead of just standing there and ignoring the flow of the map for a couple of seconds in between a jump-y section. Unless there's another reason behind the straight streams that I'm not understanding properly, take a look at both Platter and Rain and take your guess.
-----------

Amazing mapset, to be honest.
Noo R's Overdose ayyyyyyyhyy lmao aom aomoa momoa moa k k kK K K
Topic Starter
Deif
Yuii-
I haven't modded CtB for over 1 month, I'm rusty :(

H e l l o , D a v i d ! ™
Modding in English because I don't know how to speak Spanish. I answer your mod in Spanish because I don't know how to speak Korean(?)

[Kappa]

I actually want to bring to the topic a lot of things about this difficulty that may (or not) need an explanation as a cease to some patterns. I also wonder why you are not mapping so many red ticks when the principal and louder beats are right there.

1. 00:18:760 (2) - Considering the density of the map overall, this rhythm could be mapped in another way without ignoring what is really important here. I'm talking about 00:18:613 - . It's the most prominent beat after the finish sound on (1)'s head. By doing a pattern similar to 01:08:516 (1,2,3) - you will be still emphasising everything properly and making the most important things as "clickable" (Standard definition, dunno if this applies for CtB). Additionally, you should map this object that has a completely different rhythm than the others repeater sliders on this first section, such as 00:14:077 (2,2,2) - . (Ese beat no es tan importante. Además, la densidad de notas es ya de por sí alta como para andar añadiendo más cosas D:)
  2. 00:28:711 - At this AR mapping 1/1 the same way as 5/2 (in terms of distance) is quite... not a good idea, basically. The AR doesn't help at all when it comes to recognize the same spacing with different ms in between. What I'm suggesting is either reducing the 1/1s or increasing the 3/2s. Emphasising is important, so maybe the second option is more viable. (Quizá parezca demasiado vacío, pero es mejor que dejar un break sin sentido ahí. El AR hace que se vean al menos 2 notas, por lo que no habrá muchos problemas al leerlo)
  3. 00:38:662 (2,3,1,2,1) - 00:43:345 (2,3,1,2,1) - I am also wondering about these two patterns in particular being too dense compared to all the other patterns on the Kiai. Yes, there are a lot of beats audible on these sections, but the most intense part of the song is... particularly easier than these? Doesn't make too much sense if you think about it. (No hay demasiados sliders 3/2 en el kiai, pero hay definitivamente más 1/2 beats mapeados allí. Está mapeado así para diferenciarlo de la parte más tranquila y darle algo más de énfasis)
  4. 01:04:272 - I'm quite surprised by the fact you are ignoring this beat completely even when it's very audible. You are losing the opportunity of placing a circle, basically, whereas in other parts that are as intense as this one, there's actually something on it. (Suena bien aquí. Hecho)
  5. 01:10:857 (1,2,3) - I have no idea what you are trying to map here but it sounds a bit too off, personally let me recommend you a different rhythm that will cover each beat and follow the vocals even better 01:08:516 (1,2,3) - . (Suena más simple de esta forma, sobre todo para esta parte que es algo rara)
[¿Alguna vez te pusiste a moddear cambiándole el nombre a las dificultades? Qué feo se debe ver este título tan largo en el Thread, por Dios.]

1. 00:23:735 (3,1,2) - I think there's a minor spacing mistake right here, you are supposed to make (1) emphasised instead of (2). Considering how you are building all this section, you should work around this pattern for a while. (Tiene sentido)
  2. 00:33:687 (2,2) - Same rhythm, same beats, same musical part... but still, being mapped differently. Intended? Would love to see 00:33:687 (2) - with a repeater. without it kinda kills the momentum of the drums and emphasis. (Intenté seguir la letra en esta parte. No es necesario añadir una repetición)
  3. 00:50:955 (1,2) - You may want to decrease the distance between these objects. If you hear the song from 00:50:955 - you will notice how every single hit emphasises the song gradually, and for that reason you should look forward to increase the spacing gradually for every single object. If you can hear (1,2) being louder than 00:52:126 (1,2) - (even when you added a custom hitsound to (2)) or 00:53:296 (1,2) - (same here) you need that sweet new pair of headphones! By the way, as a 400pp player it took me 3 tries to catch 00:50:809 (3,1) - properly, that's a really sharp angles and has a very bad transition along with 00:49:784 (1,2) - . (Adiós a mi mapeo lazy de esa parte huehueheuheheuheuhe)
  4. 01:01:931 (2) - More like a personal request/preference, but could you curve this slider a bit? It requires too much movement when the music doesn't support it at all. (Acompaña al dash que hay que hacer para hacer ese slider. Creo que acompaña bien a la velocidad de ese dash)
  5. 01:02:662 (1,2) - This transition needs a dash, however 01:03:248 (2,1) - doesn't. Even if the percussion on 01:03:833 - is stronger, you decided to not emphasise it. Quite weird. (No sé... creo que tampoco la distancia actual no queda mal. No es necesario ni hacerla pequeña ni tampoco exagerar con el dash imo)
  6. 01:05:004 (1) - Two different type of sounds being mapped onto the same object. The first part from 01:05:004 - to 01:05:223 - it's a holdable sound with the "o~" in the background. The second one, although are a series of different sounds (aka a stream could be placed here) re-introducing the guitar and another part of the vocals. You could try to make a slider on the first part and then another slider for the second one, but definitely not on the same object, you want to emphasise everything properly. (Cambié el ritmo de esa parte quitando una repetición de ese slider y añadiendo notas. Espero que quede bien así)
  7. 01:14:370 (1) - Burai slider hah. (AHUEHUEHUEHEEHEUHEUHEUHEHBRRRR)
  8. 01:19:931 (3,1) - Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't able to catch (1) without a dash whilst 01:21:394 (1,1) - pretty much catchable without too much effort. Maybe moving (1) on x352 would fix this "issue". (Same stuff as 00:13:492 (1) - not that hard imo)
  9. 01:24:174 - Aaaayyy, ignoring this is a sin. (Iré al infierno \:D/)
[Platillo Volador Magnificamente Desarrolado !faq es:capping. Si lo otro se ve feo, este debe ser peor.]

Loved this difficulty, amazing.

1. 00:09:613 (4,5,6,7,8) - I really think soft sampleset would do a better work here, considering there are no drums at all, so emphasising them that much sounds a bit too loud. (Reduje el volumen de esas notas. El hitsound encaja bastante bien, ya que el sonido es bastante similar a los que vienen después)
  2. 00:12:321 (1) - Ugh, this could be a bit more curved, it's quite hard to follow every pattern here, try to copy it from 00:11:150 (1) - . Same goes to 00:17:004 (1) - . (Hecho)
  3. 00:23:735 (3) - 00:28:418 (3) - You could divide them into two different clickable objects instead, emphasising the drums is something really important and worth on this section. (No hay mucha diferencia en CtB. Tanto 2 notas como un slider se interpretan de la misma forma)
  4. 01:15:248 (4) - From what I can remember this it should be a stream. (Cambiado)
[Mirá que le podés poner nombres creativos a la dificultad máxima y el señorito le pone "Rain"... con gente así no se puede vivir (?)]

1. 00:03:833 (4,1) - Unsure about this hyper-dash a bit, it's killing the pace of the calm intro as a whole. Definitely wouldn't do this at all, especially when there's nothing really much to be emphasised. (Quitado)
  2. 00:09:540 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Basically the same I said on Platter. (^)
  3. 00:26:809 (2,3,4) - And now here comes the problem. You are literally destroying the momentum of the 1/2 sliders by placing them like that. My suggestion mostly comes from analyzing your previous patterns; yes, the back-and-forth on (2,3,4) isn't a /bad/ idea, but definitely could be improved with HDashes, don't see a reason behind not to do them, so what about https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3989640 ? (Para diferenciarlo de la parte anterior opté por los zigzags. Los HDashes pueden parecer exagerados, y con estos zigzags sin HDashes intento que la gente no se queje de que haya demasiados)
  4. 00:56:077 (2) - Pretty much catchable without any movement. Are you sure you want to create this movement-cancellation or whatever it is called? I really think that extending this slider a bit (instead of curving it that much) may help overall to give the player a sort of idea the most intense part of the map is approaching, and so, they should start moving a bit more from the very beginning of this section. (Lo ensanché algo para intentar crear ese efecto)
  5. 01:11:296 (2,3,4) - Such a low spacing between these notes. (Es algo complicado posicionar bien ese (2). Creo que la mejor opción fue esa)
  6. Regarding streams: Even though I understand your point of "they sound very similar on pretty much every beat so isn't worth creating a separated movement" a bit, you should look into the streams on Platter, then, as they do require a certain movement from the players instead of just standing there and ignoring the flow of the map for a couple of seconds in between a jump-y section. Unless there's another reason behind the straight streams that I'm not understanding properly, take a look at both Platter and Rain and take your guess. (Si te fijas bien, los streams del Platter son notas que llevan una dirección continua, por lo que el jugador sólo debe moverse en una dirección para coger todas las notas. En el caso del Rain casi todos esos streams tienen un cambio de dirección para que el jugador tenga que moverse dos veces, complicando algo el movimiento. Sinceramente mapeé el Rain una semana antes que el Platter, por lo que no presté mucha atención a esos detalles. Si es algo crítico estoy dispuesto a arreglar esa parte)
-----------

Amazing mapset, to be honest.
Noo R's Overdose ayyyyyyyhyy lmao aom aomoa momoa moa k k kK K K (AHUEHUEHUEHAHUEHEUHEUH No Overdose for u. Take a challenging Rain instead)

Pampampam
JBHyperion
What on Earth did I just read? o-o
ZiRoX
Ch-ch-check time!

[General]
  1. Metadata: I think I reached the official CD site. According to this, Title should be 絶望性:ヒーロー治療薬 The Animation (with the unicode colon, ayylmao).
[Cup]
  1. 00:14:662 (1,2) - This is the only slider that provides antiflow and it has the same distance than the rest of the patterns. I'd either reduce it's distance a bit, or plainly make this normal flow.
  2. 01:04:857 - Maybe you could add a note here. I'm aware you added a note on 01:04:272 (2) - with Yuii's mod, but this note really fits. While note density might be a concern, I think the fact that this and the following stanzas bridge the two halves of the Kiai, plus the fact that the next object is a long slider, serve as a "buffer".
  3. On the 01:11:443 (2,3,1,2) - part I don't really agree with the rhythm choices. Give the following a try and check if you deem it better and acceptable, but I can understand that it is to keep the note density as lowest as possible.
[Salad]
  1. 00:11:150 (1,2) - I'm not sure if you intend that this kind of distance (this applies for the following patterns, too) are meant to be done walking or dashing. While testplaying, it didn't tell me "you have to dash!", so I end up walking them and they felt a bit too tight. I think some more definition (either a bit larger distance to really induce dashing or a bit smaller to give the feeling it's really walkable) would be better.
  2. 00:19:345 (1) - Hmm, feels really easy to miss. I think the x1,46 distance you used on the following similar patterns is better, so try moving this to x:336.
  3. 00:36:906 (1,3) - I think moving this one gridspace to the right makes it more newb-friendly.
  4. 01:01:492 (1,2) - This distance also triggers the same doubt. I feel a x1,74 distance, like you used on 00:57:687 (3,1) - , is better.
  5. 01:05:004 (1) - I think you could move this one to x:304 to really push players to dash.
  6. 01:12:613 (2) - I think replacing this with a circle + 1/1 slider follows the song better. Maybe you could do something like this:
[Platter]
  1. 00:11:589 (2,3) - I wouldn't make this completely horizontal, as the SV might make it a bit hard to keep up without dashing.
  2. 00:16:272 (2,3) - This also applies for the Ctrl+H Ctrl+J version of that pattern :^)
  3. 00:30:760 (4,5,1) - This is also a bit of a "do I dash or do I walk?" pattern, so maybe x:288 for (5) and x:176 for (1) is better.
  4. 00:35:443 (4,5,1) - ^Also applies on Ctrl+H ver.!
  5. 00:36:906 (1,2,3,4,1) - This pattern is also hard because of the same reason. The distances are in the middle of nowhere, so it's hard to keep up without dashing, but too much dashing will also make you miss. I tried rebalancing some distances, putting 00:36:906 (1) - on x:128, 00:37:053 (2) - on x:224 and 00:37:345 (3) - on x:432, and it feels better to me.
  6. 00:44:809 (4) - Put this on x:336. The movement can be a bit unstable (iirc a pattern like this was mentioned in the Ende DQ)
  7. 00:46:857 (3,4) - Mind moving it to x:320 so you don't troll that much :D? The jump + the large horizontal movement from the slider can be a bit hard.
  8. 01:01:931 (2) - I also recommend moving this to x:272, same reason as before.
  9. 01:05:589 (4) - Move to x:272 to make it a bit easier (no, it's not like I have something with x1,60 distance, but I just find it the perfect distance)
  10. 01:11:735 (3) - ^x:352
[Rain]
The mapset is really good, so this is purely picky stuff :(
Topic Starter
Deif
Metadata discussion
[00:22] <@Deif> Is someone good at troll japanese metadata?
[00:23] <ByBy13> hmm which map?
[00:24] <@Deif> https://osu.ppy.sh/s/367646
[00:24] <blissfulyoshi> what is wrong with metadata there?
[00:24] <ByBy13> lemme see
[00:25] <@Deif> Capitalization of the artist
[00:25] <@Deif> And the "The Animation" of the title
[00:25] <ByBy13> hmm...
[00:26] <blissfulyoshi> in jp it is ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生 THE ANIMATION
[00:26] <@Deif> You mean the source?
[00:26] <ByBy13> yes
[00:27] <blissfulyoshi> oh sry, didn't see you meant title
[00:27] <blissfulyoshi> checking
[00:27] <ByBy13> me too
[00:27] <blissfulyoshi> but yeah, source does have "THE ANIMATION" in it
[00:27] <blissfulyoshi> according to waht I can find
[00:27] * BanchoBot sets mode: +o Stefan
[00:27] <@Deif> Roger that. Changing it
[00:28] <ByBy13> it isn't the first season of danganronpan?
[00:28] <blissfulyoshi> yes
[00:28] <blissfulyoshi> only season
[00:28] <blissfulyoshi> but yeah
[00:28] <@Deif> It's the ending of the only season
[00:28] * BanchoBot sets mode: +o Stefan
[00:28] <ByBy13> saw the title of anime
[00:28] <blissfulyoshi> trying to find an ost
[00:28] <blissfulyoshi> listing
[00:28] <ByBy13> there's no any 'the animation' there in title :C
[00:29] <@Deif> ZiRoX found [http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/danganronpa/contents/hp0009/index00110000.html this]
[00:29] <@Deif> Disc2 song 26
[00:30] <blissfulyoshi> that was what I was thinking too
[00:30] <blissfulyoshi> sicne they always change the exact title in the ost
[00:30] <ZiRoX> however, there's one "downside" to that
[00:30] <ZiRoX> as it lists the artists without space
[00:30] <ZiRoX> スズムfeat.そらる
[00:30] <ZiRoX> kek
[00:30] <blissfulyoshi> because that is jp
[00:31] <blissfulyoshi> hmmmm
[00:31] <ByBy13> [https://puu.sh/ItWqd/e9f84254f7.jpg this is the logo of the anime]
[00:31] <blissfulyoshi> if we follow that
[00:31] <@Deif> That puush could not be found.
[00:31] <ZiRoX> that puush could not be found!
[00:31] <blissfulyoshi> then no space in artist
[00:31] <blissfulyoshi> and space in romanized
[00:31] <ByBy13> ugh D:
[00:32] <blissfulyoshi> oh yeah, add english source to tags please xD
[00:32] <ZiRoX> funny thing is next song has a space in the artist
[00:32] <@Deif> Oh hi, the 1st space appears here http://image16.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20140909/23/6595184820140909234523095.jpg
[00:32] <ZiRoX> 小林幸子 feat.モノクマ
[00:32] <blissfulyoshi> or well english name of game
[00:32] <blissfulyoshi> xD
[00:32] <@Deif> Already added bliss
[00:32] <blissfulyoshi> kk
[00:32] <ZiRoX> deif, how
[00:32] <ZiRoX> I tried to find that :(
[00:32] <blissfulyoshi> dl the single?
[00:32] <@Deif> http://vgmdb.net/album/39979 > Search image in Google
[00:32] <blissfulyoshi> that works too
[00:32] <blissfulyoshi> I usually just dl the whole thing
[00:34] <ZiRoX> still can't find it
[00:34] <ZiRoX> hue
[00:34] <blissfulyoshi> lol
[00:34] <@Deif> [https://www.google.de/search?tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSjgEaiwELEKjU2AQaBAgACAMMCxCwjKcIGmIKYAgDEijsF_1sLnQzCDLkM-gusDJ8M7RerDOomyyyyM-gmgTe3IY00uDPTPeM8GjAOqAVVhLB2rl3sj_1CdUudVi6xPEVTnnG-vgp9NR-gIt1aGpvvJtAu0CvTETjnGbjUgAgwLEI6u_1ggaCgoICAESBA9cgo8M&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT0MSj1qLJAhUHiiwKHTShCC8Q2A4IHigB&biw=1920&bih=979 A]
[00:35] <ZiRoX> www
[00:35] <blissfulyoshi> so everything resolved now?
[00:35] <ByBy13> also at the artist I think after feat. there's no space If I'm not wrong
[00:35] <@Deif> Now I need to find a dl link for the whole thingy
[00:36] <@Deif> The capitalization of the artist is still missing
[00:36] <ByBy13> hmm o_o
[00:37] <blissfulyoshi> wait, why would official capitalization exist?
[00:37] <ByBy13> found the official website of suzumu
[00:38] <ByBy13> seems that the artist isn't in caps :(
[00:38] <blissfulyoshi> yay
[00:39] <@Deif> \o/
[00:41] <ByBy13> but seeing the logo of soraru,it is in caps
[00:41] <blissfulyoshi> lol
[00:41] <@Deif> ayayayay
[00:41] <ByBy13> check his official website
[00:41] <ByBy13> soraru.tokyo
[00:41] <blissfulyoshi> link
[00:42] <blissfulyoshi> oh okay
[00:42] <blissfulyoshi> oh wow, someone actually with a .tokyo tld
[00:42] <ByBy13> yea
[00:42] <ByBy13> xD
[00:43] <@Deif> So it'd be suzumu feat.SORARU?
[00:43] <ByBy13> I think yes
[00:43] <ZiRoX> '-'
[00:43] <ByBy13> something like this
[00:43] <blissfulyoshi> lol
[00:43] <blissfulyoshi> no space after feat?
[00:43] <ByBy13> yes
[00:44] <ByBy13> at jp letters as well I guess
[00:44] <@Deif> According to [http://image16.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20140909/23/6595184820140909234523095.jpg this] there's only a space between suzumu and feat.
[00:44] <blissfulyoshi> kk
[00:45] <ByBy13> yes
[00:47] <@Deif> Alrighty. Thanks for the help!
[00:47] <ZiRoX> http://soraruru.jp/profile/
[00:47] <ZiRoX> what about this D:
[00:47] <@Deif> awawawawa
[00:48] <blissfulyoshi> lol
[00:48] <ByBy13> ugh
[00:48] <@Loctav> oh ffs Deif
[00:48] <ByBy13> :C
[00:48] <@Loctav> highlights
[00:48] <ZiRoX> LOL
[00:48] <@Loctav> check your highlights
[00:48] <@Loctav> :(
[00:48] <blissfulyoshi> I would follow what ZiroX found
[00:48] <@Deif> [https://yt3.ggpht.com/-j7IM_b95HNI/Va9Mc7MdYGI/AAAAAAAAACk/oHiL6XLqebU/w2120-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-nd/soraru%2Byoutube%2B%25E3%2583%2581%25E3%2583%25A3%25E3%2583%25B3%25E3%2583%258D%25E3%2583%25AB%25E3%2582%25A2%25E3%2583%25BC%25E3%2583%2588_e.jpg huh?]
[00:49] <blissfulyoshi> mostly because we never follow logos
[00:49] <ZiRoX> yeah, I had found the YT channel
[00:49] <blissfulyoshi> because jp titles would be in all caps then
[00:49] <ZiRoX> but I didn't find it "official" enough
[00:49] <ByBy13> oh yeah
[00:49] <ZiRoX> but what's with the two official sites
[00:49] <ZiRoX> wtf
[00:50] <blissfulyoshi> I wish I knew
[00:50] <blissfulyoshi> the artist needs to not update 2 different site
[00:50] <blissfulyoshi> if you want to use a new tld
[00:50] <ByBy13> yup
[00:50] <blissfulyoshi> at least redirect
[00:53] <ZiRoX> https://twitter.com/soraruru but well, his twitter account links to the second one
[00:53] <ZiRoX> the .jp one
[00:53] <blissfulyoshi> kk
[00:53] <blissfulyoshi> .jp it is then
[00:54] <ZiRoX> this metadata thing is hard :(
[00:54] <ByBy13> so it means that there's no caps

tl;dr version, this:
  1. Title: Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku The Animation
  2. TitleUnicode: 絶望性:ヒーロー治療薬 The Animation
  3. Artist: suzumu feat.soraru
  4. ArtistUnicode: スズム feat.そらる
  5. Source: ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生 THE ANIMATION

ZiRoX
Ch-ch-check time!

[General]
[Cup]
  1. 00:14:662 (1,2) - This is the only slider that provides antiflow and it has the same distance than the rest of the patterns. I'd either reduce it's distance a bit, or plainly make this normal flow. (En qué carajo estaba pensando aquí)
  2. On the 01:11:443 (2,3,1,2) - part I don't really agree with the rhythm choices. Give the following a try and check if you deem it better and acceptable, but I can understand that it is to keep the note density as lowest as possible. (I'll leave this one. I know it doesn't follow the lyrics this time, but it's hard to keep a low combo otherwise)
[Salad]
  1. 00:11:150 (1,2) - I'm not sure if you intend that this kind of distance (this applies for the following patterns, too) are meant to be done walking or dashing. While testplaying, it didn't tell me "you have to dash!", so I end up walking them and they felt a bit too tight. I think some more definition (either a bit larger distance to really induce dashing or a bit smaller to give the feeling it's really walkable) would be better. (Es esa distancia en la que se puede hacer al límite sin usar el dash. La dejaré por ahora, ya que bam de la melodía hará que se use el dash instintivamente para los jugadores que no quieran tomar mucho riesgo)
  2. 00:19:345 (1) - Hmm, feels really easy to miss. I think the x1,46 distance you used on the following similar patterns is better, so try moving this to x:336. (Es la misma distancia que en el pattern anterior. No lo veo tan difícil como para reducirlo aún más)
  3. 01:01:492 (1,2) - This distance also triggers the same doubt. I feel a x1,74 distance, like you used on 00:57:687 (3,1) - , is better. (Al ser el kiai puedo ser algo más permisivo, además va bien con la letra)
  4. 01:05:004 (1) - I think you could move this one to x:304 to really push players to dash. (Parece algo exagerado x.x)
[Platter]
  1. 00:30:760 (4,5,1) - This is also a bit of a "do I dash or do I walk?" pattern, so maybe x:288 for (5) and x:176 for (1) is better. (Voy a dejarlo como está para darle algo de énfasis a ese (1). Si lo muevo más a la derecha pierde algo de fuerza el salto a la siguiente nota)
  2. 00:35:443 (4,5,1) - ^Also applies on Ctrl+H ver.!
[Rain]
The mapset is really good, so this is purely picky stuff :(

It's officially nighttime~
Yuii-
Just a little re-check before qualification ayy.
This one is serious, I swear (?)

i am SO mad xd

hello, just a quick recheck
just recommendations, ok? map is good good. quality op. i'm russian.

can i recommend you to lower the first red/green line volume up to 20%~30%? because the music is almost inaudible with the current volume jfhnsdfgjksd

[kappa]
01:08:955 (2) - can you try not to curve this too much because there is a little fruit that is out of the range of the obejct and so it makes it hard to catch a bit t t

[ensalada kkk]

00:10:272 (1) - did you see where the spinner ends? i think it would be way more cooler to place this object somewhere there because now it needs a dash and that's not cool ok? thanks mom deif
00:31:053 (1,2) - no dash here but 00:35:735 (1,2) - yes there iodshphishgosp why why w yhwk k k kk k
01:04:711 (4,1) - anti-flow here plays quite kmsdgnjkosdhgisd udnno don't like it :(
01:14:370 (1) - dad loctav says this object is no good because it forces a bad movement to newbie players, it's too harsh you know? it hurts. it's like a rock, y'know. so you want to curve it a bit because transition ayy lamo
01:19:638 (2,3,1) - why are these so hard to catch 01:19:931 (3,1) - 1.7x heeeeeeeeeh ehehe hh (i lost my FC here aa)

[platillo f asd]

http://puu.sh/lv74O/931c27119b.jpg can you explain me like... why is this difficulty so hard? like... SO HARD!!!ONE1

density of the intro is so similar to ensalada. dunno if ensalada is too dense or this one needs a buff, buuuut, if you take a look at kappa then there's definitely something that doesn't fit kk

00:22:711 (4) - 00:27:394 (4) - these are... yes, your mistake, you should have curved these a bit more e erere

[PONELE UN CUSTOM NAME!]

00:08:516 (4,1) - why the hdash when there's only an electric thing in the background music, there's no intensity there xd

------------

kkkkkkkkkk
ZiRoX
Annoyuiing

EDIT: On other news, I asked KSHR about the capitalization on "THE ANIMATION" on the source. As can be seen on this page, only the logo is written on uppercase, on the different usages throughout the page (for example, on the name of the DVDs), it's capitalized. KSHR was of the opinion the "text" should be respected, so source would be ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生 The Animation.

Here's the log and further proof of the capitalized version being the "official" thing:

Chatlog with KSHR
23:37 ZiRoX: hi~
23:47 KSHR: hi
00:20 ZiRoX: oh sorry
00:20 ZiRoX: >.<
00:22 *ZiRoX is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/806343 suzumu feat.soraru - Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku The Animation]
00:22 ZiRoX: I was checking this map
00:22 ZiRoX: I reached the official site
00:22 ZiRoX: but I'm not sure if source should use "THE ANIMATION" (as in the logo) or "The Animation" (as in text, like [http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/danganronpa/contents/hp0008/list00000000.html here])
00:23 ZiRoX: since you helped with the ARSMAGNA map, I thought you could help me on this one too
00:23 ZiRoX: don't want to mess with metadata again orz
00:27 KSHR: logo is just a logo, text should be respected this case imo
00:28 KSHR: I don't know why but Japanese tend to capitalize words on the logo
00:30 ZiRoX: ok, thanks!

Kyouren
I will help you in metadata!

This is from this website: t/371084
Metadata check by Me and IamKwaN!

IamKwaN wrote:

IamKwaN wrote:

ranked版本的太舊了 metadata是錯的 我找遍了OST跟CD都沒發現有(TV Size)
Unicode Title: 絶望性:ヒーロー治療薬 絶望性:ヒーロー治療薬 The Animation
Romanised Title: Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku The Animation
Unicode Artist: スズム feat.そらる スズムfeat.そらる
Romanised Artist: Suzumu feat.Soraru
Source: ダンガンロンパ The Animation
Tags: Danganronpa 希望の学園と絶望の高校生 Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei opening
Reference:
http://puu.sh/kzlFL/bc10890790.jpg
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21744938
http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/rondorobe/anime ... 90000.html
http://db2.nbcuni.co.jp/contents/hp0004 ... oCon=20503
The one you quote is a TV Size, Goku?
Alright, I am too lazy to listen to the OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmgA5rw7L5I . Refer to the above quote for correct metadata, Misure!

KittyAdventure wrote:

This tv version? Owo
good luck~

EDIT:
Wait, metadata is wrong, i'm sorry IamKwaN, but you has a wrong thing!
Tittle should be:
Tittle: 絶望性:ヒーロー治療薬 The Animation
Romaji: Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku The Animation

That have in original album by Danganronpa: The Animation Soundtrack 1

Here the website and screenshot:
http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/rondorobe/anime ... 10000.html

Artist, Source, and Tags is fixed but in word in The Animation should be THE ANIMATION, that my opinion but i don't know, you can use THE ANIMATION or The Animation!
No Kudosu! and Good luck~
You can see that in queue from that website! (I agree with ZiRoX and KSHR!, that just a logo!)
Good Luck~

note:
about artist, i not sure because gamu said it's fine!
SPOILER
19:09 Gamu: According to his profile, soraru is correct: http://puu.sh/lwX5e/9de9ce9cfd.jpg
19:09 Gamu: http://soraruru.jp/profile/
19:10 KittyAdventure: so, suzumu feat.soraru is correct?
19:10 Gamu: yeah
19:11 KittyAdventure: okay, thanks~ :3
ZiRoX
This metadata thing is so hard ;_;
Kyouren

ZiRoX wrote:

This metadata thing is so hard ;_;
Topic Starter
Deif
Yuii-
Just a little re-check before qualification ayy.
This one is serious, I swear (?)

i am SO mad xd

hello, just a quick recheck
just recommendations, ok? map is good good. quality op. i'm russian.

can i recommend you to lower the first red/green line volume up to 20%~30%? because the music is almost inaudible with the current volume jfhnsdfgjksd

[kappa]
01:08:955 (2) - can you try not to curve this too much because there is a little fruit that is out of the range of the obejct and so it makes it hard to catch a bit t t (Para los perfeccionistas que quieran sacar una SS huehuheuhe)

[ensalada kkk]

00:10:272 (1) - did you see where the spinner ends? i think it would be way more cooler to place this object somewhere there because now it needs a dash and that's not cool ok? thanks mom deif (El spinner no tiene un fin concreto. Hay muchos caminos a seguir, especialmente para los jugadores novatos. Además, el slider está relativamente bastante pegado al centro, por lo que hay más posibilidades de que lo atrapen)
00:31:053 (1,2) - no dash here but 00:35:735 (1,2) - yes there iodshphishgosp why why w yhwk k k kk k (Es la mismita distancia de 1,97x. Ambos se pueden hacer incluso sin pulsar la tecla del dash)
01:04:711 (4,1) - anti-flow here plays quite kmsdgnjkosdhgisd udnno don't like it :( (¿Dónde está el antiflow ahí?)
01:14:370 (1) - dad loctav says this object is no good because it forces a bad movement to newbie players, it's too harsh you know? it hurts. it's like a rock, y'know. so you want to curve it a bit because transition ayy lamo (Loctav me acaba de decir que ni siquiera lo ha probado, además aborrece el ending)
01:19:638 (2,3,1) - why are these so hard to catch 01:19:931 (3,1) - 1.7x heeeeeeeeeh ehehe hh (i lost my FC here aa) (Esa parte es igualita que las anteriores, misma distancia)

[platillo f asd]

http://puu.sh/lv74O/931c27119b.jpg can you explain me like... why is this difficulty so hard? like... SO HARD!!!ONE1

density of the intro is so similar to ensalada. dunno if ensalada is too dense or this one needs a buff, buuuut, if you take a look at kappa then there's definitely something that doesn't fit kk

00:22:711 (4) - 00:27:394 (4) - these are... yes, your mistake, you should have curved these a bit more e erere (Aún más?)

[PONELE UN CUSTOM NAME!]

00:08:516 (4,1) - why the hdash when there's only an electric thing in the background music, there's no intensity there xd (Introducción a la parte intensa)

------------

kkkkkkkkkk

Lovely metadata!
JBHyperion
If Yuii's about done with this, I think it's time for another check.

Rain
  1. 00:54:175 (4,1) - SS dream-crusher ): Move the head to somewhere like x-384 please
  2. 01:06:174 (1) - Why do you do this? D:
Other than the droplet trolling, everything looks fine. Let me know if you decide to have a heart or not (^:
ZiRoX

JBHyperion wrote:

Rain
  1. 00:54:175 (4,1) - SS dream-crusher ): Move the head to somewhere like x-384 please
  2. 01:06:174 (1) - Why do you do this? D:
Other than the droplet trolling, everything looks fine. Let me know if you decide to have a heart or not (^:
But you have to place the bubble :^)
Topic Starter
Deif
JBHyperion

Rain
  1. 00:54:175 (4,1) - SS dream-crusher ): Move the head to somewhere like x-384 please (Reduced the distance of the HDash by moving the end of the previous slider)
  2. 01:06:174 (1) - Why do you do this? D: (Curved that slider a little bit more)
(^:
JBHyperion
Ok let's do this

Rebubbled~
ZiRoX
Metadata should be fine, it was discussed twice in #nominators and I talked with Kurokami about the only doubt I had left.

Qualified!
Flask
ooooooo
Equim

Flask wrote:

ooooooo
neonat
ZiRoX

neonat wrote:

I don't get it, you found the right site, but why did you use the Album title as the song title? Same thing with the Album artist. I mean it says right below it what the track name is.

Says the same thing on the back of the CD

You can see (almost) everything regarding metadata discussion in page 2 (there was also a discussion yesterday, logs weren't posted). Also, this song is track 26 on disc 2 in http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/rondorobe/anime ... 10000.html
Kyouren

neonat wrote:

I don't get it, you found the right site, but why did you use the Album title as the song title? Same thing with the Album artist. I mean it says right below it what the track name is.

Says the same thing on the back of the CD

I'm sorry, neonat

But this song already have in original soundtrack, you can see my last post (I post IamKwaN and me about this metadata)
neonat
whatever
neonat
screw it, do whatever you want
Topic Starter
Deif
I just came home and found out you guys qualified it! Thanks :3

@neonat: What you found is the source of the full version, which varies from the one I chose to map. This one comes directly from the anime, so the discussed metadata was taken from the CD ZiRoX mentioned on his post.

Here's the full version to see the difference:

Xinely
congrats deif san \ /
Kurokami
ayy Deif, you have some spread issue here. :< Cup > Salad >>> Platter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rain What should I do now........ o.o
Topic Starter
Deif
Why do you even ask me? lol

Get some BNs if you have doubts about the spread D:
Kurokami
I didn't asked you b-baka. @.@
JBHyperion

Kurokami wrote:

ayy Deif, you have some spread issue here. :< Cup > Salad >>> Platter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rain What should I do now........ o.o
Not sure if serious or joking in response to this p/4578241 - but I'll answer seriously. Sure the Rain is difficult, but I think you're exaggerating the spread gap slightly, as the Platter is in no way an "Easy" difficulty, incorporating challenging patterns of repeated dash+hdash structures, frequent direction changes and high note-density comparable with the Rain save for a few missing 1/4 patterns and the occasional 1/1 pause.

If you feel this needs further discussion, the safest thing to do is DQ, but I honestly don't see a problem here.
Yuii-
Hello, I'm not particularly the best one when it comes to CtB but I will drop here a couple of comments regarding the spread/set.

First of all, hi mom Deif. How are you today?

I want to talk about pretty much everything, a full analysis and then a personal opinion about how unbalanced this is. Not going full in-depth, I'm really lazy to do these things againn nnn nn nnn zzzz.

Beginning of the song

Spacing - Here is the main issue of this whole set. The damn Rain difficulty. You hold your dash, you move, that's it. Is this a calm part? Yes! Then why it is mapped this way? Whilst in Platter there's not a simple mini-dash on the intro, Rain abuses of it. You could have made use of HDs or even dashes on Platter, too. Even on Salad, I would say! Exactly at 00:05:004 (3,1) - . When I asked you about 00:08:516 (4,1) - (on Rain) you told me "is the intro of the intense part", alright, let's take a look at Platter: 00:08:662 (4,1) - hmm... walkable :( . I should talk about this in another section called "Consistency" but screw that, I will include this here.
Spread regarding spacing at the beginning: Salad > Cup >> Platter >>>>>>>> Rain
Consistency - When I refer to this point in particular in the beginning I mean what needs a dash and what does not. In this map, there's something really peculiar, and it's the fact that the Salad is easier than the Cup (in the intro, don't get this wrong). For example, in Cup you decided to split patterns into different sections, as you can observe 00:04:126 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - ; every NC, the placement of the notes changes, they stay in a linear spot but they... are separated. Salad, on the opposite side, is a straight line, you can almost pass it without too much movement, and that's what making the beginning of the map pretty easy, there's no real challenge, it /seems/ more difficult cause of the density itself, not for the patternship. On Rain, for example, there's only one pattern that follows this rule: 00:05:296 (1,2,3,4) - everything else is mapped "randomly" (actually I like it a lot, it flows decently buuuut it's inconsistent with your other difficulties).
Density - This is really easy to see, basically Salad and Platter have literally the same amount of objects in the beginning, there's no difference. Yes, the song has a lot of sounds and that's what makes this a bit hard to map. Or at least that's what it seems like! I'm a really newbie CtB mapper, but having a noticeable density across all the difficulties should be considered more. Salad is really exaggerated in this way.
Spread regarding density at the beginning: Cup >>>> Salad/Plater >> Rain
Design - Something similar to what I said in consistency. The design of the difficulties should be mapped differently while Salad / Platter are the same.

The non-kiai part

Cup / Salad - The gap between these difficulties is just insanely big, not as much as Platter/Rain, but still. Salad's density is too much and uses some really "hard" patterns for the kind of difficulty you are mapping. The real gap between these is density-wise and also some design. For example, in Cup you literally abuse of the move-move-stand still pattern, because not too many sliders require a certain movement, they are indeed good for this difficulty, but they are too many so they may be a bit too tedious to play, and so, boring. There are only two patterns that doesn't fit at all in your Cup which are 00:38:662 (2,3,1,2,1) - and 00:43:345 (2,3,1,2,1) - . They do require a lot of movement and the density is just too much compared to other patterns. For some really odd reason, those patterns are very identical to the ones appearing on Salad, very similar actually, and that is when you have a mini-gap with the Platter. The spacing is really good, there's a good spread here, every note is perfectly emphasised and not too many dashes are needed on Salad, good job.
Salad / Platter - Kuro, wake up!!!! The gap between these difficulties isn't that high. The only problem I find between these are the streams. Aw, boy, the streams, why did you map them separately, I told you! Although they seem to be hard, they flow perfectly with the following object, so that's an extra point for Deif, hurray! You /may/ think of "oh my God, Deif's using back-and-forths, that's so hard for a Platter difficulty! But they aren't such a big deal, I don't even need to dash to catch 'em. Regarding density, it's fine; in fact, on some really specific points you will notice that there are more notes on Salad (00:50:809 (3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ) than in Platter (00:50:809 - ). Your consistency between these difficulties could be seriously way better, but isn't /that/ bad, hey: on Platter: 00:52:126 (1,1,1) - shouldn't the (1)'s increase their spacing gradually? Why the 3rd one has the same spacing as the second one; vice versa, 00:52:126 (1,1) - on Salad.
Platter / Rain - Literally boom. There's not a single thing I could say "they are more or less similar" / "they fit with the spread". Platter has about 11 HDashes on the non-Kiai and only on really prominent notes. Rain is a spam of HDashes, where there should be a dash, there's a Hyper, the difference between a Clap hitsound and a Finish one is nonexistent. As said, the only "difference" is Rain having linear streams while Platter require a certain movement to both sides. You created a monster, mom, this is, indeed an Overdose.
Spread of the the non-kiai part: Cup >>>> Salad >> Plater >>>>>>>> Rain

The_Kiai.jpg

Cup - Excellent actually, love it. The only "thing" I can say about this is... 01:11:735 (3,1,2,1,2,1) - yes, I mentioned it on a previous mod, however this sounds really weird if you compare it to your other difficulties. I mean, this is the damn Kiai, you can make patterns a bit more "heavy" / "dense", use them if necessary.
Salad - Ugh, the back-and-forths. As a personal comment, you could have used more dashes, there are literally 0. Just saying, by the way, 01:02:662 (1,2,1) - this pattern is really hard for Salad-level players (as a player I can confirm it, hah), the curves from (1,2) could be removed for some first-try SS: http://puu.sh/lGV0T/1244f180ee.jpg . Compared to the rest of the map, the Kiai is very different actually, is basically a full-motion part. I like things like that, but it seems like another map, actually.
Platter - For some reason, this seems easier than Salad, nice. Good usage of HDashes, good flow, back-and-forths are present as well.
The monster - SV changes, horizontal sliders, HDashes. Nope, not going full in-depth here. Just one thing: be consistent. Throughout this part you are literally copy-pasting sliders, then why 01:19:931 (5) - 01:12:760 (4) - why they appear as random objects there? Shouldn't 01:12:028 (1,2,3,4,5) - have the same rhythm as 01:10:857 (1,2,3,4) - ? You already know this, but usually copying rhythms for 2 stanzas is a great idea, it might sound a bit lazy but is the best option, sometimes.
Spread of the the Kiai part: Cup >>> Salad >> Platter >>>>>>>> Rain

To sum up:

I can't pass the beginning of the Rain difficulty so I'm here to complain about the whole set!!!11!
Deal with it.

Alright, everyone have a wonderful day, bye bye 8-)
Raiden
mother of god
JBHyperion
#JustYuii-Things
Topic Starter
Deif

Raiden wrote:

mother of god
I'm answering Yuii-'s post right now. Keep tuned!

Okay, my turn:

Yuii-
Beginning of the song

Spacing - Here is the main issue of this whole set. The damn Rain difficulty. You hold your dash, you move, that's it. Is this a calm part? Yes! Then why it is mapped this way? Whilst in Platter there's not a simple mini-dash on the intro, Rain abuses of it. You could have made use of HDs or even dashes on Platter, too. Even on Salad, I would say! Exactly at 00:05:004 (3,1) - . When I asked you about 00:08:516 (4,1) - (on Rain) you told me "is the intro of the intense part", alright, let's take a look at Platter: 00:08:662 (4,1) - hmm... walkable :( . I should talk about this in another section called "Consistency" but screw that, I will include this here.
Spread regarding spacing at the beginning: Salad > Cup >> Platter >>>>>>>> Rain Have you forgotten the rest of the Rain difficulty? Of course, that's a calm part if you compare with the rest. What's the big deal? I'm not gonna make the whole stuff on the intro of Rain "walkable" just for the sake of "consistency towards the diff spread". Platter is supposed to be between a non-HDashed diff and a rather challenging one, so wanted it to be rather easy at that part, whereas in the Rain that's not possible.
Consistency - When I refer to this point in particular in the beginning I mean what needs a dash and what does not. In this map, there's something really peculiar, and it's the fact that the Salad is easier than the Cup (in the intro, don't get this wrong). For example, in Cup you decided to split patterns into different sections, as you can observe 00:04:126 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - ; every NC, the placement of the notes changes, they stay in a linear spot but they... are separated. Salad, on the opposite side, is a straight line, you can almost pass it without too much movement, and that's what making the beginning of the map pretty easy, there's no real challenge, it /seems/ more difficult cause of the density itself, not for the patternship. On Rain, for example, there's only one pattern that follows this rule: 00:05:296 (1,2,3,4) - everything else is mapped "randomly" (actually I like it a lot, it flows decently buuuut it's inconsistent with your other difficulties). (On Salad the jump 00:05:004 (3,1) - was reduced after some mods due to the rather large distanced it implied, being in the intro part. Cup uses dashes till 1,70x whereas Salad goes for 2,00x max, plus the difference of the note density and therefore the more than constant direction changes makes the difference between both diffs)
Density - This is really easy to see, basically Salad and Platter have literally the same amount of objects in the beginning, there's no difference. Yes, the song has a lot of sounds and that's what makes this a bit hard to map. Or at least that's what it seems like! I'm a really newbie CtB mapper, but having a noticeable density across all the difficulties should be considered more. Salad is really exaggerated in this way.
Spread regarding density at the beginning: Cup >>>> Salad/Plater >> Rain (There is a slight difference on the # of objects Salad/Platter. I must say that it was hard for me to keep a real consistency throughout all diffs, but the fact that a few extra notes were added and the part where the spinner 00:08:809 (1) - should be was mapped was sufficient for me to make a difference. I'm sorry it didn't impressed you that way)
Design - Something similar to what I said in consistency. The design of the difficulties should be mapped differently while Salad / Platter are the same. (Now that you mentioned it, it's true that the design for both diffs looks similar in the editor mode. This is however totally unintentional lol. Testing both diffs should be enough to see that there is actually a difference)

The non-kiai part

Cup / Salad - The gap between these difficulties is just insanely big, not as much as Platter/Rain, but still. Salad's density is too much and uses some really "hard" patterns for the kind of difficulty you are mapping. The real gap between these is density-wise and also some design. For example, in Cup you literally abuse of the move-move-stand still pattern, because not too many sliders require a certain movement, they are indeed good for this difficulty, but they are too many so they may be a bit too tedious to play, and so, boring. There are only two patterns that doesn't fit at all in your Cup which are 00:38:662 (2,3,1,2,1) - and 00:43:345 (2,3,1,2,1) - . They do require a lot of movement and the density is just too much compared to other patterns. For some really odd reason, those patterns are very identical to the ones appearing on Salad, very similar actually, and that is when you have a mini-gap with the Platter. The spacing is really good, there's a good spread here, every note is perfectly emphasised and not too many dashes are needed on Salad, good job. (Well, better than keeping all sliders vertical and get them w/o moving the catcher)
Salad / Platter - Kuro, wake up!!!! The gap between these difficulties isn't that high. The only problem I find between these are the streams. Aw, boy, the streams, why did you map them separately, I told you! Although they seem to be hard, they flow perfectly with the following object, so that's an extra point for Deif, hurray! You /may/ think of "oh my God, Deif's using back-and-forths, that's so hard for a Platter difficulty! But they aren't such a big deal, I don't even need to dash to catch 'em. Regarding density, it's fine; in fact, on some really specific points you will notice that there are more notes on Salad (00:50:809 (3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ) than in Platter (00:50:809 - ). Your consistency between these difficulties could be seriously way better, but isn't /that/ bad, hey: on Platter: 00:52:126 (1,1,1) - shouldn't the (1)'s increase their spacing gradually? Why the 3rd one has the same spacing as the second one; vice versa, 00:52:126 (1,1) - on Salad. (There's already a dash to differenciate the phrases. Was a crescendo truly needed?)
Platter / Rain - Literally boom. There's not a single thing I could say "they are more or less similar" / "they fit with the spread". Platter has about 11 HDashes on the non-Kiai and only on really prominent notes. Rain is a spam of HDashes, where there should be a dash, there's a Hyper, the difference between a Clap hitsound and a Finish one is nonexistent. As said, the only "difference" is Rain having linear streams while Platter require a certain movement to both sides. You created a monster, mom, this is, indeed an Overdose.
Spread of the the non-kiai part: Cup >>>> Salad >> Plater >>>>>>>> Rain (There's no way that the Rain can be compared to an Overdose. It's the highest difficulty of the spread and the BPM is rather high, but that doesn't mean it's a real challenge of difficulty. My intention was to create a difficulty that can be reminded with unique patterns, instead of the average anime map. The Platter was also notched a bit more difficult to balance the spread, though it looks it wasn't as much as I expected)

The_Kiai.jpg

Cup - Excellent actually, love it. The only "thing" I can say about this is... 01:11:735 (3,1,2,1,2,1) - yes, I mentioned it on a previous mod, however this sounds really weird if you compare it to your other difficulties. I mean, this is the damn Kiai, you can make patterns a bit more "heavy" / "dense", use them if necessary. (Why do you give me a piece of advice and retreat afterwards? D: Nevermind, even though this is the "damn kiai" you cannot forget that it's the easiest diff of the mapset. Not necessary at all to exaggerate)
Salad - Ugh, the back-and-forths. As a personal comment, you could have used more dashes, there are literally 0. Just saying, by the way, 01:02:662 (1,2,1) - this pattern is really hard for Salad-level players (as a player I can confirm it, hah), the curves from (1,2) could be removed for some first-try SS: http://puu.sh/lGV0T/1244f180ee.jpg . Compared to the rest of the map, the Kiai is very different actually, is basically a full-motion part. I like things like that, but it seems like another map, actually. (I can't FC without using the dash button orz. Anyway, I didn't see any point where it was possible to add real-real dashes apart of 01:00:321 (1,2,3,4) - which are direction changes again. I'm afraid if the distance of those get increased, people would say BOOOO that's too hard for a Salad blahblahblah)
Platter - For some reason, this seems easier than Salad, nice. Good usage of HDashes, good flow, back-and-forths are present as well. (Say what? o_o)
The monster - SV changes, horizontal sliders, HDashes. Nope, not going full in-depth here. Just one thing: be consistent. Throughout this part you are literally copy-pasting sliders, then why 01:19:931 (5) - 01:12:760 (4) - why they appear as random objects there? Shouldn't 01:12:028 (1,2,3,4,5) - have the same rhythm as 01:10:857 (1,2,3,4) - ? You already know this, but usually copying rhythms for 2 stanzas is a great idea, it might sound a bit lazy but is the best option, sometimes.
Spread of the the Kiai part: Cup >>> Salad >> Platter >>>>>>>> Rain (That was the most logical option for me to fit the lyrics. The 1st part uses 2 1/2 sliders whose distance isn't that big because the lyrics were rather consistent and low. The 2nd part was splitted into note - 1/2 slider - note to go with the intensity of them. The jump (3,4) wouldn't have been possible if the structure were the same as in the 1st part, so I could "play" a bit more with larger distances rather than fixed distances. (4) could've been a slider with a repetition in order to avoid (5), but well... I'm a fan of using symmetrical stuff)

To sum up:

I can't pass the beginning of the Rain difficulty so I'm here to complain about the whole set!!!11!
Deal with it.

tl;dr version: Rain was intentionally rather difficult in order to avoid the typical average anime map, where it seems that the Platter weren't as difficult as I expected to balance the whole stuff.

Reducing the difficulty of the Rain isn't an option, and I know that even having a consistent SR (1,45 - 2,36 - 3,33 - 4,37) and note density (291 - 378 - 485 - 568) spreads, its value means nothing. Is it worth to increase the difficulty of the Platter even more, or add a "Light Rain"? The answer and the decision doesn't rely on me.
Yuii-
Amazing, this turned out to be interesting. Going for the counter-attack tomorrow!
Okoratu
ZiRoX

Deif wrote:

Is it worth to increase the difficulty of the Platter even more, or add a "Light Rain"? The answer and the decision doesn't rely on me.
Let's not start some stupid trends, please.

---------

On a more serious note, the Platter is already a hard Platter, there's no need to buff it. And I don't think this needs a "Light Rain", sure, the gap is large, but so are the others.
Kurokami
Actually, Yuii's post contained my concerns regarding Platter-Rain. The difficulty of Platter is low while Rain is close to being Overdose during the kiai. If you say Deif that this huge gap was intentional, I could accept it but at the moment, judging from your answers, its 50-50.

Actually at first, I just wanted some revenge for the mentioned post. :P But the issue is real.
Raiden
SPOILER
lucky ctb... if this was taiko it would have been disqualified without any previous discussion :cry: :cry: :cry:

points at ono and dake

dief deif can't handle DQ because paella
Topic Starter
Deif
If that's so, disqualify the set to open a discussion about it (In fact, I'm surprised it wasn't disqualified yesterday already lol). I'll gather some more opinions about the spread and we'll see what the result is.
Sey
Oh dear...I'm planning to check this when I'm at home. Wait for my response, please.

Edit:
Ok I was finally able to testplay, but I won't mod it for now. I might do so if it gets disqualified again.

I see the reason why many of you discuss a disqualify. I wasn't reading Yuii's post completely but I notice an immense gap between Platter and Rain. The Platter still has relatively accessible patterns and it is not too hard (I actually disagree with people saying this Platter would be a difficult one already.). The Rain however is filled with many Hypers in close succession. At any sacrifice, this difficulty contains plenty of double Hyper patterns, wheras the Platter only uses some 1/2 Hypers to a much lesser extent.

Be that as it may... I would say that it does not really matter how hard this Rain is because players apparently want difficult stuff ranked nowadays. If we still were in a time where we solely looked at pure quality mapping and not providing challenge due to raising skill standards, I would probably vote for a disqualify. Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying that quality and challenge go against each other, but I know a lot of beatmaps where a too high level of difficulty destroys the general gameplay feeling. This is not exactly the case in Deif's Rain, the patterns are well-strucutured, cleanly mapped and make sense.

In this Rain, mostly higher skilled players will appreciate the difficulty due to its provided challenge and there will be even more drama when modders want to nerf it to an 'easier Rain' or 'average Rain' (whatever that may be, because I know so much harder Rains). I would however understand most concerns if the song wasn't as punchy as this one, this music strongly encourages to a heavier mapping style on the highest difficulty.

tl;dr version: Nerfing this Rain will make the whole set boring. The Rain is the most outstanding difficulty and shows another perspective how to map the 'average anime song'.
Xinely
at least from my side, i think spread is still fine as platter have some hard jumps

what im thinking a bit forced to me is in 01:01:199 (4,5,1) - because the 1/8, this reminds me with an issue CLSW had before in music start before. at least the 1/8 here looks need to totally cant move anything and then you hdashes in 01:01:199 (4,5,1) - which looks half suprised for me (as noob player k)

and oh deif san why you're doing hdashes spamming too for your rain /runs
Loctav
@Kurokami

you DQ first, then discuss and figure out if the concern is an actual issue. Not the other way around.
Topic Starter
Deif
So until now Yuii- just pointed out some potential issues that could unbalance the spread. I'll try to gather some more opinions about it in the next days, so don't you think I'm gonna give up with this mapset!
Kurokami
#blameLoctav2015

Time to be cruel.

[Platter]

00:05:004 (3,1) - This could be a Hyper
00:09:906 (8,1) - This actually would be nice as a bit higher Dash. If you follow the stream nicely then you can catch it without dashing. :<
00:19:784 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - , 00:22:126 (2,3,4,1) - , 00:24:467 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - , 00:26:809 (2,3,4,1) - are you seriously used the same pattern 4 times in a row? Please. If you want to increase the difficulty of this Platter more then try to make 4 different jump pattern. You did it on Rain after all.
00:51:687 (3,1) - This needs a Hyper to highlight the vocal and finisher more.
01:00:321 (1,2,3) - , 01:09:686 (1,2,3) - Please, I can catch these without jump.
01:15:467 (8,1) - Yap, same issue as before.

I recognized that few of your "jumps" are not even jump just wants to be. While its true that easy jumps are still jumps in this case you need to increase the difficulty here to make up the gap, so please, don't show mercy.

[Rain]

00:21:247 (3,4) -
00:25:930 (3,4) -
00:45:833 (3,4) -
01:01:199 (4,5) -
01:10:565 (4,5) -

Please Deif-san, you know that these are hardly fit as Hypers. Its fun to play but nothing else. I think a simple Dash would be better in these cases. :<
[]

Welp, if you can increase the difficulty of Platter I think that could be enough to make the gap less obvious. Although if you have some idea to degrease the Rain, so be it. /o/

/me runs far, far away
Topic Starter
Deif
Kurokami
#blameLoctav2015

Time to be cruel.

[Platter]

00:05:004 (3,1) - This could be a Hyper (Increased the distance and added a dash instead)
00:09:906 (8,1) - This actually would be nice as a bit higher Dash. If you follow the stream nicely then you can catch it without dashing. :< (Increased the distance)
00:19:784 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - , 00:22:126 (2,3,4,1) - , 00:24:467 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - , 00:26:809 (2,3,4,1) - are you seriously used the same pattern 4 times in a row? Please. If you want to increase the difficulty of this Platter more then try to make 4 different jump pattern. You did it on Rain after all. (Not necessary to add more difficulty to that part, since it's already difficult enough having constant direction changes and the jumps at 00:21:248 (3,4,1) - and 00:25:931 (3,4,1) - which aren't easy at all)
00:51:687 (3,1) - This needs a Hyper to highlight the vocal and finisher more. (Mkay)
01:00:321 (1,2,3) - , 01:09:686 (1,2,3) - Please, I can catch these without jump. (Increased the distance. You'll definitely need to jump now)
01:15:467 (8,1) - Yap, same issue as before. (Done)

I recognized that few of your "jumps" are not even jump just wants to be. While its true that easy jumps are still jumps in this case you need to increase the difficulty here to make up the gap, so please, don't show mercy. (Evil)

[Rain]

00:21:247 (3,4) - (Removed the double HDash, made an accessible pixel jump)
00:25:930 (3,4) - (Same here)
00:45:833 (3,4) - (Didn't removed the HDash, as I feel it fits there + it's not that challenging. Reduced the distance nevertheless by moving the ending of the slider)
01:01:199 (4,5) - (I won't nerf that whatsoever. The double HDash matches with the lyrics, plus being at the kiai time it goes with the intensity of the moment)
01:10:565 (4,5) - (Same as above)

Please Deif-san, you know that these are hardly fit as Hypers. Its fun to play but nothing else. I think a simple Dash would be better in these cases. :< (They do fit. For real.)
[]

Welp, if you can increase the difficulty of Platter I think that could be enough to make the gap less obvious. Although if you have some idea to degrease the Rain, so be it. /o/

/me runs far, far away
Don't run away from me :(
Kurokami
Well, I can't give you my heart but I hope this just as good as that. /o/

Seems like the gap is smaller now but #Blamethesong
JBHyperion
Let's try again.

Requalified~
ZiRoX
Congrats
-Sh1n1-
Re-gratz :3