Aoyama Mio starring Yuuki Aoi - Platinum

posted
Total Posts
show more
Modem
Cute :3
Garven
Just a few things here:

First your combo colors are very blendy. I suggest that you use darker colors as opposed to light ones (looking at the grey and green colors). Fix these.

Tick rate 2 fits this song best.

The biggest disappointment in this set was the Insane map. It deviated from the style of the Easy/Normal and felt way too tryhard considering the music itself with the overmapping and unnecessary jump clusters. It doesn't feel like it fits in this set, nor for this song.
Topic Starter
Bearizm
rest in peace.
Len
ez DQ life
Okoratu
can you please elaborate on the issues you have with the insane because I don't really understand what you're talking about
Len
^same
10nya
ow
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Garven wrote:

Just a few things here:

First your combo colors are very blendy. I suggest that you use darker colors as opposed to light ones (looking at the grey and green colors). Fix these. Fair enough. I'll change this.

Tick rate 2 fits this song best. I don't know what to say to this. Some 1/1 sliders do skip a 1/2 beat but not every part of this song has a constant 1/2 beat. both tick rates works fine but hey, I'll change it I guess.

The biggest disappointment in this set was the Insane map. It deviated from the style of the Easy/Normal and felt way too tryhard considering the music itself with the overmapping and unnecessary jump clusters. It doesn't feel like it fits in this set, nor for this song. Can you elaborate more on the term "tryhard"? I'm having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say with this haha. Also, overmapping? Where? If it's about the triples, they're there to give extra emphasis to instruments (and downbeat) and I think they fit well/just fine. Also, what fits or not is a very subjective matter you brought up here. I honestly believe that jumps are the BEST way to map this due to strong vocals, and high pitch instruments.
🐻🐻🐻🐻
Nanatsu
You should at least point out some parts which made you disappointed and give some feedback in insane difficulty

this is not reasonable. did you even talked with other QATs to disqualify it?
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Nanatsu wrote:

You should at least point out some parts which made you disappointed and give some feedback in insane difficulty

gratz on 666th post! haha
Nanatsu

Bearizm wrote:

Nanatsu wrote:

gratz on 666th post! haha

LMAO
Mint

Garven wrote:

Just a few things here:

First your combo colors are very blendy. I suggest that you use darker colors as opposed to light ones (looking at the grey and green colors). Fix these. I fail to see how the colors are blendy. Pretty sure that the BG is mostly pink and the colors used are not similar/blendy compared to that at all. I have never even thought of the possibility that these colors would blend in this case...

Tick rate 2 fits this song best. Can agree on this one, wouldn't say that this alone would be a valid reason to disqualify a map.

The biggest disappointment in this set was the Insane map. It deviated from the style of the Easy/Normal and felt way too tryhard considering the music itself with the overmapping and unnecessary jump clusters. It doesn't feel like it fits in this set, nor for this song. Am I hearing ghosts or something? Sorry, but triplets in the Megami difficulty are definitely not overmapped as there are indeed sounds that the objects can go with. Not to mention in quite a lot of sections (especially the stuff after the chorus) contains an ongoing 1/4 beat. Overmapping is definitely not the term that you should use here.

As for the jumps, really? I hope you're judging from the actual playability of the jumps and that you didn't just look at them in the editor. There mapper clearly didn't have one fixed DS everywhere in the Megami difficulty, so the small changes in spacing aren't actually noticeable in-game at all and the actual jumps & patterns used are suuuuuper easy and not "tryhard" and "unnecessary" at all - which is also extremely subjective from your side.
I have to disagree with this DQ. Everything's up to Bearizm tho.
Call me back if you want <3
Okoratu
given the current explanation my opinion is basically appleeater's except that i already mentioned at some point that the combocolors are ugh
Garven
For those that are confused, the combo colors are the main reason for the DQ. The other points were more observations. Not many people use the proper tick rate for the music, and the Insane not fitting the set is just that. It really doesn't. Try playing the Normal and Hard then the Insane and you'll be able to see what I mean.

Anyway, I've already talked with Bearizm in-game and I'm waiting for his update.
Topic Starter
Bearizm
updated~

Garven said ok xd and there he go xd
Garven
Bubbled~
Mint
Requalified!
Okoratu
Topic Starter
Bearizm
🐻