forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kaxospere
Does anyone know how to shift the score number down a bit because it is overlapping the "combo" and the "accuracy" in the ranking panel. Thanks!
abraker
What part of the skin is responsible for the song background previews on song select?
Haskorion

abraker wrote:

What part of the skin is responsible for the song background previews on song select?
Skin versions 2.2 and higher enable the thumbnails. The thumbnails themselves come from the server.
In your skin.ini:
[General]
Version: 2.2 (or higher)
lit120
does anyone know the name of the font at the above right? i need it for my beatmap project (making skin)

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3378050

thx
I Have Autism
I'm having some problem. At the ranking panel menu, the replay button and the retry button don't use my ranking-retry.png and ranking-replay.png, they use the one in the pause menu.
How can i make it use my ranking pngs ?
OsuMe65

tranthaison2000 wrote:

I'm having some problem. At the ranking panel menu, the replay button and the retry button don't use my ranking-retry.png and ranking-replay.png, they use the one in the pause menu.
Version: 1
I Have Autism

OsuMe65 wrote:

tranthaison2000 wrote:

Version: 1
Thanks for the help, it works !
But changing the version to 1 means i can't use song's thumbnails. So i guess i have to sacrify one of them for the other right?
OsuMe65
Ya, unfortunately.
MeariMary
I'm not sure if this problem has already been posted on here, but I feel like it'd take too much time to search every single page for it. Hope you don't mind me posting again, if that's the case.

My problem is during the opening to a song, specifically one with a count-down. My count1.png, count2.png and count3.png are sort of... stacking on top of each other, rather than the fade out-ish effect it should have. Is there something wrong with the photos I'm using, or is there a coding text I may have accidentally deleted during editing?

Thanks in advance for the help :D

EDIT: I feel I should mention that it didn't do this the first time I tested it. It was only after I started editing other parts of the skin that this began.
NAMEISSOLONGTHA
Mykaterasu
I've been at this mania skinning problem for hours and tbh it feels completely unavoidable and I have no solutions.

Basically right now I have three different lines when I want them all to be the same.
I have a fake judgement line (laser).
I have a line that is marked by where the hit lighting starts.
I have the real judgement line.

None of them are co-operating...
The best I can do is get either the fake line or the lighting line onto the judgement line, but not both.

Haskorion

Mykaterasu wrote:

I've been at this mania skinning problem for hours and tbh it feels completely unavoidable and I have no solutions.

Basically right now I have three different lines when I want them all to be the same.
I have a fake judgement line (laser).
I have a line that is marked by where the hit lighting starts.
I have the real judgement line.

None of them are co-operating...
The best I can do is get either the fake line or the lighting line onto the judgement line, but not both.

Make sure that your mania-stage-hint.png has the judgement line RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the picture, else it will always be offset from the real judgementline.
About the lighting just set LightingPosition the same value as your HitPosition.
Mykaterasu

Haskorion wrote:

Make sure that your mania-stage-hint.png has the judgement line RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the picture, else it will always be offset from the real judgementline.
About the lighting just set LightingPosition the same value as your HitPosition.
Cheers
OsuMe65
Before osu!next will come, I might share some new elements I've found (and used in my latest skin). Take it or leave it.

welcome_text.png
(750x156 HD, 375x78 SD)

Remember the text that says welcome every time you open osu! (when "Interface Voices" is enabled in Options)? You can customize it with this element. Size isn't restricted nor tinted to a specific color. Be aware that you must have a supporter tag in order for this one to work. Works in any build.

fps-(n).png, fps-comma.png and fps-fps.png
(24x28 HD, 12x14 SD), (16x42 HD, 8x21 SD) and (54x28 HD, 27x14 SD; Image has an opacity of 50%)

These are the numbers that will greet you real-time at the bottom right of the screen (if you enabled "Show FPS counter" in Options). Size isn't restricted nor canvass is tinted but it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to use the standard size of these for very obvious reasons.

There should be more skinnables before we say goodbye to our current skinning methods.
OsuMe65
An example of a welcome_text (irregularly sized by the way)
yamane-kurou
I have a problem with my spinners all of a sudden (Or perhaps not sudden since i haven't played for a few months ^^;)

I use the old spinner since I like the background possibility and don't really get what the 2nd version spinner elements exactly do.

Yesterday I noticed black borders on top and bottom of the screen whenever a spinner appears.
I don't know why that is since I haven#t changed anything since a few months ago.

do I really have to upgrade to 2nd edition spinners to get rid of that if I want to stick with latest version?

here a picture of the problem

managed to find the problem I had spinner field fadeout to 1 and not 0
Kimitakari
Have aproblem with Scorebar,it was made by random guy and its not animated a Life Drain,can you help me plz :o :
scorebar-bg
scorebar-bg@2
Haskorion

Nelly wrote:

Have aproblem with Scorebar,it was made by random guy and its not animated a Life Drain,can you help me plz :o :
scorebar-bg
scorebar-bg@2
You need to download his skin with the scorebar-colour. He just provides the background for replacing the default with your custom made bg.

This skin: t/337756
Kimitakari

Haskorion wrote:

Nelly wrote:

scorebar-bg
scorebar-bg@2
You need to download his skin with the scorebar-colour. He just provides the background for replacing the default with your custom made bg.

This skin: t/337756
Oh ok i got it thanks for a help <3
Plutooooo
Is there a full, updated list of the all the skin elements you can animate?

In this spreadsheet, it says that you can't animate the hitcircle overlay but I know for a fact that you can. I don't think it's fully updated.
OsuMe65

Plutooooo wrote:

Is there a full, updated list of the all the skin elements you can animate?

In this spreadsheet, it says that you can't animate the hitcircle overlay but I know for a fact that you can. I don't think it's fully updated.
Read the wiki.
Riven is eu
Okay,so I decided on making a skin with dots instead of numbers and I get this : The 2 dots that appear are my problem,any advices ?
Rio-

Riven is eu wrote:

Okay,so I decided on making a skin with dots instead of numbers and I get this : The 2 dots that appear are my problem,any advices ?
open your skin.ini, and change the "HitCircleOverlap" line with the resolution of the dots...

Ex : If the dots has 20x20 resolution. Then use:
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 20
hope it helps
Riven is eu

Rio- wrote:

Riven is eu wrote:

open your skin.ini, and change the "HitCircleOverlap" line with the resolution of the dots...

Ex : If the dots has 20x20 resolution. Then use:
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 20
hope it helps
Cortexxx
Great tutorial. Thanks. 8-)
Blackheart
I want to make an osu!mania skin that looks like 9K for each number of keys, just that the unused columns would not have any notes and the unused keys wouldn't work (because they're unused obviously) (that means that barlines should act like 9K as well!). Now, I have thought of 2 ways how I could make it work, provided that those are possible: My first idea is to use different mania-stage-bottom.png for each number of keys. My second idea is to have mania-stage-bottom.png to be drawn below the keys instead of above.

Is one of those two ideas possible? If not, would there be another way to reach my desired result?
Offdensen
Whenever I put a background in for playfield.png (for the background of ranking) I put it in the right size and everything,but it doesn't show. What should I do?
Haskorion
playfield.png is no longer supported.
Airsoftbeat97
Hi, I have a question to why I can't manage to get picture previews in my song selection screen Like the other one. Sorry about myvering you over such a thing.
dws123

Airsoftbeat97 wrote:

Hi, I have a question to why I can't manage to get picture previews in my song selection screen Like the other one. Sorry about myvering you over such a thing.
Thumbnails are supported in Version 2.2 or higher only iirc

FelicianoGasai wrote:

Whenever I put a background in for playfield.png (for the background of ranking) I put it in the right size and everything,but it doesn't show. What should I do?
for ranking background you make it using ranking-panel.png like this
Haskorion
There are 4 new elements on the cuttingedge release stream right now.

The circles on sliders are now individually skinnable.

These are the elements:
  1. sliderstartcircle
  2. sliderstartcircleoverlay
  3. sliderendcircle
  4. sliderendcircleoverlay
This means that you no longer need the overlay-0 method or blank out hitcircles.
Additionally combo colours also work on this and you won't have 1 digit numbers.
Choilicious
thats probably the best update peppy has done

edit* still kinda useless without the option to specify a different approachcircle color from hitcircle color
OsuMe65

akkord wrote:

edit* still kinda useless without the option to specify a different approachcircle color from hitcircle color
Current behavior is better than that tbh.
Choilicious

OsuMe65 wrote:

akkord wrote:

Current behavior is better than that tbh.
i like having 1 type of color approachcircles for example only white, and have my hitcircles having their combocolors, its just personal preference
Fatal3ty

2. Version is better for me, with light Sliderendcircle :)

thanks Haskarion, the best update from cutting edge, 1x1 px transparente sliderendcircle.png and light Circle sliderendcircleoverlay.png and combo color worked 100% :D
-M A G I C-
Hello guy's .. i want to ask about skin colors in skin.ini ... i dont quite understand the numbers like if i want the skin to have darker colors or more brighter !

i use one of Xial's skins its the same as the osu! standard one but without the 300 hit number ... i have always liked the standard skin but the colors are just too bright for me it hurt my eyes.

this is what i found in the skin.ini :

[General]
Name: Default Epure (v2.0)
Author: Xial
Version: latest

[Colours]

SliderBorder: 255,255,255

//SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

SpinnerApproachCircle: 255,255,255

i want the colors to be darker what should i do ?! if someone willing to help me please PM me any time ... ingame or here

thanks.
Rio-
add "Combo#: R,G,B" under [Colours] section and use the amount of color you want
* R,G,B = RGB Color model amount

Example :
[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 240,255,255
Combo3: 255,240,255
Combo4: 255,255,240
0,0,0 = Black
255,255,255 = White
-M A G I C-

Rio- wrote:

add "Combo#: R,G,B" under [Colours] section and use the amount of color you want
* R,G,B = RGB Color model amount

Example :
[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 240,255,255
Combo3: 255,240,255
Combo4: 255,255,240
0,0,0 = Black
255,255,255 = White

thank u very much ... another small question i want to remove the ball that slide with the slider ! how?
dws123

-M A G I C- wrote:

thank u very much ... another small question i want to remove the ball that slide with the slider ! how?
well, if you remove the ball completely you won't be able to know where it is when you miss it, so i suggest changing the sliderb#.png into circles (something like the default hitcircleoverlay.
-M A G I C-

dws123 wrote:

-M A G I C- wrote:

well, if you remove the ball completely you won't be able to know where it is when you miss it, so i suggest changing the sliderb#.png into circles (something like the default hitcircleoverlay.
thanks <3
show more