forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
-[Jess]-

pantsusenpai wrote:

so anyone know how to get screenshots of osu? I need them for the thread im making but when i press F12 like it says to do. i dont get any screen shots? Im not sure if im just doing something wrong.
However if it helps... I do own a apple computer and so the osu verison I have is the one for mac
F12+shift

Fixed icon
p a n t s u

-[Jess]- wrote:

pantsusenpai wrote:

so anyone know how to get screenshots of osu? I need them for the thread im making but when i press F12 like it says to do. i dont get any screen shots? Im not sure if im just doing something wrong.
However if it helps... I do own a apple computer and so the osu verison I have is the one for mac
F12+shift

Fixed icon
oh thank you so much !
EshkushMeh xD
Thanks for this tutorial! :D
Batujitsu
Please edit
Hitcricleoveraly - use it to make your hitcircle readable! It isn't affected by combo colours so you can make them in whatever way/colour you want.
Hitcricleoveraly is misspelled
and--- Thanks for the tutorial :)
Zerokae
Does anyone know how to get rid of the stuff, looks kinda like stars, that comes off of notes after you hit them in certain skins like C's?
It's really distracting and I'd like to get rid of it.
Rio-

Zerokae wrote:

Does anyone know how to get rid of the stuff, looks kinda like stars, that comes off of notes after you hit them in certain skins like C's?
It's really distracting and I'd like to get rid of it.
replace lightning.png inside your skin folder with a blank png picture (1x1) OR uncheck hit lightning option in the option menu
makemecool123
??? Why my hit lighitng riple wont expand?? can somean explane me is this from skin.ini
or just the animation :?:
Chaoslitz

makemecool123 wrote:

??? Why my hit lighitng riple wont expand?? can somean explane me is this from skin.ini
or just the animation :?:

did you enable this?
greeeen89
Hi, does anyone know how to enable the little preview picture that shows up next to the song name in the song library? Thanks!
dws123

greeeen89 wrote:

Hi, does anyone know how to enable the little preview picture that shows up next to the song name in the song library? Thanks!
check the "Show Thumbnail" in options. Also make sure that your skin is Version: 2.2 and above if checking it doesn't work
Rinny Rin-chan
This helped a lot !!! THANKS !!!
-Spooky-
Hi, does anybody know how to make the approach circle a exact color you want them? example: blue, gray, Thanks ^-^
greeeen89

dws123 wrote:

greeeen89 wrote:

check the "Show Thumbnail" in options. Also make sure that your skin is Version: 2.2 and above if checking it doesn't work
hmm show thumbnail is on, how do i check what version the skin is? also would there be a way to change the version? thanks!
Rinny Rin-chan
Can someone help me how to make a DIY hitcircle ?
PLS. !!!! :( :cry:
-[Jess]-

Rinny Rin-chan wrote:

do it yourself

you need photoshop(GIMP and paint.net also can)
-SayaKai

sSRayGunSs wrote:

Hi, does anybody know how to make the approach circle a exact color you want them? example: blue, gray, Thanks ^-^
Do it on yourself

-[Jess]- wrote:

-Spooky-

-SayaKai wrote:

sSRayGunSs wrote:

Do it on yourself

-[Jess]- wrote:

Okay Thanks
greeeen89

greeeen89 wrote:

hmm show thumbnail is on, how do i check what version the skin is? also would there be a way to change the version? thanks!
Never mind, I figured it out. If anyone has this problem, try adding "Version: latest" to your skin.ini
Safaklc_old
Thanks bro , that is helpfull :)
Elzapatoverde
Hi, I haven't done a skin in a while, so i don't know if theres new elements and you know i love to do complete skins. Someone know the new element or have a complete skin template? >__< thanks in advance.
Haskorion
New are:
  1. arrow-pause (not colored anymore)
  2. arrow-warning (^ same as above)
  3. mania-warningarrow
Not much since your last skin.

Here is a spreadsheet I made if you want check everything again: Click me!

Can't wait for your next skin.
Elzapatoverde
Thank you! C:
Barely_Alive
Someone plz help me with this i dont know how to upload my skin ive tried but it doesnt let me put the file in. If you dont understand plz just msg me or something with really helpful help about how to do it. Btw its a really cool sao skin.
-SayaKai

Barely_Alive wrote:

Someone plz help me with this i dont know how to upload my skin ive tried but it doesnt let me put the file in. If you dont understand plz just msg me or something with really helpful help about how to do it. Btw its a really cool sao skin.
use mediafire(?)
makemecool123

Rinny Rin-chan wrote:

anong DIY CIRCLE
CreedyFox
Need some help here. So i Erased the lightning effect in the skin folder and removed it from the game but still i'm getting the blue effect. any ides what i shall do next

]fice

niichanhitB wrote:

Need some help here. So i Erased the lightning effect in the skin folder and removed it from the game but still i'm getting the blue effect. any ides what i shall do next
You may use blank images for particle50, particle100 and particle300.
CreedyFox
nope i haven't tried that one ty
rapture_ruckus2
how do i make the star smaller, and put the picture of the song on the side of the menu-button?
Inori

rapture_ruckus2 wrote:

how do i make the star smaller, and put the picture of the song on the side of the menu-button?
make sure you have "Song Thumbnails" enabled in options and that in your skin.ini you have this:

Version: 2
I recommend setting the version to 2.5 right now.

or

Version: latest
TinBoy752
Help! My spinner in new version keeps rotating even it is not in the editor. This is confusing :-( Is there a way to stop the spinner-bottom to stop rotating and let just rotating the rest? Via skin.ini or image?
notkris
Is there a way to change the anchor position (where I would have 0 life/fail) of scorebar-color?

Here are the scorebar and scorebar-color I am currently using:

Currently when nearing 0 life, the life depletes in the actual bar, then the plus sign box to the left starts getting cut off; at 0 life, the plus sign box disappears. I want 0 life to be the start of the green on scorebar-color.

Thanks in advance!
yk_

waisokris wrote:

Is there a way to change the anchor position (where I would have 0 life/fail) of scorebar-color?

Currently when nearing 0 life, the life depletes in the actual bar, then the plus sign box to the left starts getting cut off; at 0 life, the plus sign box disappears. I want 0 life to be the start of the green on scorebar-color.

Thanks in advance!

No. You can't do that. :( But you can take the plus sign and put it on the scorebar so it doesn't disappear by using a little bit of copy and paste. :D
notkris

miningchr1s wrote:

waisokris wrote:

Thanks in advance!

No. You can't do that. :( But you can take the plus sign and put it on the scorebar so it doesn't disappear by using a little bit of copy and paste. :D
I actually edited the plus sign onto scorebar-color because it was really confusing having all my life disappear while not failing. Having something on the far left side disappear helped with that a little. I'd much rather have 0 life start at the green though.

Oh well thanks anyway s:
Logey
When I use my skin, the combo colours work exactly how they are supposed to. I want them to all just be white. And it works fine for me. But when I send my skin to a friend, they seem to have a few different combo colours (which I'm assuming is the default). Is there anyway I can fix this? Thank you.

EDIT: What I want it to look like (what I see):

What it looks like to my friend:

What I'm talking about is the colours of the approach circles.
Can anyone please help me to fix this?
Thank you. :)

EDIT: Here is my skin.ini if it helps:
SPOILER
[General]
Name: Logey Remake v1
Author: Logey
SliderBallFlip: 0
CursorRotate: 0
CursorExpand: 0
CursorCentre: 1
SliderBallFrames: 1
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1
AllowSliderBallTint: 0
ComboBurstRandom: 1
SliderStyle: 3
Version: latest
SpinnerFrequencyModulate: 1
SpinnerFadePlayfield: 1

[Colours]
Combo1: 200,200,200
SliderBorder: 255,255,255
SongSelectActiveText: 0,0,0

[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 162
ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: 3
Haskorion

Logey wrote:

When I use my skin, the combo colours work exactly how they are supposed to. I want them to all just be white. And it works fine for me. But when I send my skin to a friend, they seem to have a few different combo colours (which I'm assuming is the default). Is there anyway I can fix this? Thank you.
Logey

Haskorion wrote:

Logey wrote:

Thanks so much! <3
I feel stupid now.
Rinny Rin-chan
"do it yourself" ibig-sabihin sariling design mo.
Elzapatoverde
Hello, so I'm skinning the elements "arrow-pause" and "arrow-warning.png" but when I test it, it keeps appearing the default (and colored) version. What am I missing? >.<
Thanks in advance
Haskorion
It currently is on cuttingedge only. Not sure about beta.
show more