forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Birdy
Yeah alright. I've read things and would have expected better from rEdo. Now in turn they were accusing me of scumpainting while all their reasons were that I were "calling Tess names" with the exception of "I don't even know why Tess' play would be bad as town". I don't know, should I take meta as a valid argument here? This doesn't sound like the usual scumhunting rEdo to me.

So anyway, rEdo might be doing this as a scum because if Tess flips town (no she won't) I'm going to be an easy mislynch tomorrow. I think someone said this, but it could very well be that rEdo might have seen Tess' play as a perfect opportunity for protecting her while knowing that Tess in fact is a townie, thus making my accusations look false over night if that lynch happened. Also talking about how Tess' townplay isn't bad at all would be a perfect setup for a progressive 180, making Tess a possibly valuable mislynch for endgame. Just theorizing here though (inb4 called scumpainting again :roll: ).

Tess mentioning that it wouldn't make sense for rEdo to not jump on the wagon if he was scum is not a valid point in any way, either. Not jumping on the wagon can mean:
- Protecting a scumbuddy.
- Trying to look like the Mr. Nice Guy if the Tess lynch would happen anyway and Tess flipped town.
- Actually seeing something townish in Tess' play that nobody else is seeing.

Almost as if rEdo knew and wanted to not vote for the most suspicious person in town.

Unvote

I'll think about this more properly later today. Also I don't have time for proofreading properly now, forgive me for any possible mistakes.
Nyxa
It's fucking fantastic how as I'm reading your post I think "this is a pretty town-y post by SNB" and you go and unvote me, pretty much making it impossible for me to mention that without seeming like I only consider people town when they're not voting me.

If rEdo's scum I'm not seeing it. I was more wary of him near the start of the game, but your points do make sense to me. I'll decide on what to actually think after doing a thorough read of the whole thread.
Amianki

rEdo wrote:

All I would like to say for now is that they were made basing on Frostings, Zexion and Amianki being scum.
Substantiate this.

Zexion wrote:

Also @Aminaki: you voted me quite a while ago and never said anything. RVS or actual reason?
Actual reason.

I'll update when I can bring myself to read JFCWALLS
Amianki
Unvote: Zexion
Vote: Tess

I do like this more for right now though, especially after the last post. I don't remember seeing this much off-hand concern for your appearance in the last game.
Nyxa
Maybe it's because everything I say is used in some form or another to paint me as scum.
Nyxa
And apparently taking that into account doesn't change this at all. So, whatever.
rEdo

fartownik wrote:

rEdo wrote:

Don't wanna explain why Tess is having a bad game in your eyes?
Don't wanna explain why Tess is having a good game in your eyes? It really is easier to explain why she's having a bad one than why she's having a good one. You seem to be close to the only one thinking she's having a decent game.

Also I love how Zexion's quote pops right under your question and ironically gives you an example / answers it.

Tess wrote:

It's almost like you really don't want to be considered scum.
That. Sentence. Just. :facepalm:
So apparently I can't defend somebody whose reads are pretty close to mine because that immediately gives me scumcred, even though I know I'm town. Nice. To your question. If her thinking is close to mine, then either I need to rethink this whole game because I was wrong the entire time or there is some truth in what she's saying and we might want to search for scum in these people. I prefer the latter for now.

As for the sentence, that's seems like scumpainting. So?

fartownik wrote:

There's plenty illogical posts similar to this (maybe not as strong) and you overlooking them is really fucking weird in my opinion.

Well, I may as well vote you since I think your lynch would be more valuable than Tess' lynch today. No matter what you flip we get a lot of information, while when we lynch Tess and she flips Town we're left only with a shitton of confusion.

Unvote
Vote: rEdo
Lynching me is the silliest thing you can do today if you want to get a lot of information. Don't ask why or I'll consider that a scumclaim.

Amianki wrote:

rEdo wrote:

All I would like to say for now is that they were made basing on Frostings, Zexion and Amianki being scum.
Substantiate this.
Nothing much to say here, I just chose people that might be scum to me and tried to make reads basing on interactions around them. I included my dead-null reads onto that as well. I thought I'll end up with getting people that I had in mind as my origin scumreads, and it turned out I was right.
Frostings
Tess, instead of being a pushover and complaining about it later, maybe man up and actually pressure some people

Tess wrote:

everything I say is used in some form or another to paint me as scum.
Yes, because many of your posts are really inconsistent, it makes you an easy scumread for town, and an easy mislynch for scum

Let me give you an example:

Tess wrote:

I null-read Amianki because he didn't do any things I've found suspicious, while not the same can be said of Sniverre
So you're saying Sniverre DID do something suspicious.

When I ask you about it, you reply with:

Tess wrote:

He didn't do anything that stood out in particular other than constantly say that he needs to think more about this.
so he DIDN'T do anything suspicious.

And THEN you give us his posts that look suspicious to you.
Let's take a look at them:

Sniverre wrote:

It is only round one. Like Drezi said, we better not jump through conclusions that easily I'd rather think through a little more first.
Ok. so what about this makes him scummy to you?

Sniverre wrote:

Oh god...Frosting...
Gotta be more careful from this point onwards
This post happened AFTER your scum read on him

Tess wrote:

And some others that I don't feel like digging for right now since this isn't even the main topic of discussion at the moment

I literally explicitly asked you in one post to explain your reasoning behind the Sniverre read, how can you just dismiss it as "not the main topic of discussion"? :(
You're just dodging the question because you can't find any support to backup your meaningless read
rEdo

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Yeah alright. I've read things and would have expected better from rEdo. Now in turn they were accusing me of scumpainting while all their reasons were that I were "calling Tess names" with the exception of "I don't even know why Tess' play would be bad as town". I don't know, should I take meta as a valid argument here? This doesn't sound like the usual scumhunting rEdo to me.
I don't what to say, so let's say "I don't think rEdo would do that".

Static Noise Bird wrote:

So anyway, rEdo might be doing this as a scum because if Tess flips town (no she won't) I'm going to be an easy mislynch tomorrow. I think someone said this, but it could very well be that rEdo might have seen Tess' play as a perfect opportunity for protecting her while knowing that Tess in fact is a townie, thus making my accusations look false over night if that lynch happened. Also talking about how Tess' townplay isn't bad at all would be a perfect setup for a progressive 180, making Tess a possibly valuable mislynch for endgame. Just theorizing here though (inb4 called scumpainting again :roll: ).
Good job, fartownik said the exact same thing a page ago. You just added a little bit of powdered sugar on the top.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Tess mentioning that it wouldn't make sense for rEdo to not jump on the wagon if he was scum is not a valid point in any way, either. Not jumping on the wagon can mean:
- Protecting a scumbuddy.
- Trying to look like the Mr. Nice Guy if the Tess lynch would happen anyway and Tess flipped town.
- Actually seeing something townish in Tess' play that nobody else is seeing.

Almost as if rEdo knew and wanted to not vote for the most suspicious person in town.
You answered your own question, good job!
Frostings

Drezi wrote:

I'd think of this is an intentional "townslip" done by scum to earn towncred, but the fact it you did not bring it up, and only happened while answering someone else makes me uncertain tbh. You could have simply used the chance to drop it there though. I kinda have a hard time believing you simply forgot what I told you and would have asked the mod FIRST anyway before making a read based on assumptions wrt daytalk.

@Everyone else what do you think about this?
I don't even see your first post telling Tess that scum doesn't get a daychat, so I suppose it's easily forgettable.
In our last game there was a scum daychat, so it could be townslip, who knows
Nyxa
Frostings, why are you so persistent on my meager read on Sniverre? I never even took it seriously, and I've said so the entire time. You have a way with misinterpreting what I said.

Also, it's because of the last game that I wondered if this game had a daychat.
Drezi

Tess wrote:

Drezi wrote:

Why would you assume they have daytalk if there's nothing in the rules about it?
Not exactly sure why.

Frostings wrote:

In our last game there was a scum daychat, so it could be townslip, who knows

Tess wrote:

Also, it's because of the last game that I wondered if this game had a daychat.
Nyxa
@Mod: Can we get a vote count?
Drezi
Vote: Tess
Birdy

rEdo wrote:

I don't what to say, so let's say "I don't think rEdo would do that".
Why not actually try to adjust your own attention instead of putting false thoughts into my brain. I was just trying to express that you have been a good townplayer earlier (nice way to take a compliment, jerk :? ), which is why I thought your words and actions in this game must be coming from a scum.

rEdo wrote:

Good job, fartownik said the exact same thing a page ago. You just added a little bit of powdered sugar on the top.
Just like I mentioned it - I thought someone had said it already but I didn't care since I was focusing on your ISO at that moment. And yeah, I did add more to it, so it was only relevant to my post. Big deal, huh? Give me those scumpoints then. :roll:

rEdo wrote:

You answered your own question, good job!
I laughed my own ass off. Anyway, if you really do see something townish in Tess' play, could you give examples? The fact that you're agreeing with her reads is hardly a sign of a good play from either of you.
AlyNight
I have a feeling that I was wrong.
Unvote: Frostings
Drezi
Sniverre I wanted to suggest you an other forum game and thought this was a perfect match t/341539&start=165 but I see you're already playing, so I guess I wasn't too far off... But this game is not like those in the other section, where you just fool around, please try to understand that and either start to take it more seriously or ask for a replacement.
AlyNight

Drezi wrote:

Sniverre I wanted to suggest you an other forum game and thought this was a perfect match t/341539&start=165 but I see you're already playing, so I guess I wasn't too far off... But this game is not like those in the other section, where you just fool around, please try to understand that and either start to take it more seriously or ask for a replacement.
I actually tried to take mafia seriously but I found out that mafia was not my type of game. I found out that I cannot express my thoughts properly so I might as well just ask for a replacement.
@mod: Find a replacement for me.
Drezi
Jess I see you're here, please answer with full honesty - are you completely sure you're town, or is there a chance you're scum this game?
-[Jess]-

Drezi wrote:

Jess I see you're here, please answer with full honesty - are you completely sure you're town, or is there a chance you're scum this game?
50/50,honesty.
Drezi
But you recieved a role PM from Navi. Doesn't it say you're a pokemon from the Town faction? We don't know it but you do :)
fartownik

rEdo wrote:

Lynching me is the silliest thing you can do today if you want to get a lot of information. Don't ask why or I'll consider that a scumclaim.
Why xD

Well I guess no one's gonna follow me on rEdo today. A rEdo lynch would contribute a lot more than the Tess one because she has almost everyone's attention on herself right now, excluding rEdo's, and if she somehow flipped Town we would have nothing but justified votes from virtually everyone involved in her lynch. Summarizing, I would like to see her lynched, but there's too many people following the train and agreeing on that lynch without many disagreeing, which tells me this is gonna end up being a Town mislynch, unless her partners are Jess and Sniverre, of whom the last one is trying IN THE MOST CLUMSY WAY EVER to drag attention to Frostings in a last resort try to stop the Tess lynch. If that's the case then we're fucked anyway since we're just gonna argue with each other all the time while Jess and Sniverre keep doing nothing at all.

To be honest, I would not be surprised if at least one scum was between Jess and Sniverre, by PoE.
-[Jess]-

Drezi wrote:

But you recieved a role PM from Navi. Doesn't it say you're a pokemon from the Town faction? We don't know it but you do :)
let me check....yes it said Town.
Drezi
why did you say 50/50 first then? are you sure you're not lying to me? don't lie to me it'll make me angry.
-[Jess]-

Drezi wrote:

why did you say 50/50 first then? are you sure you're not lying to me? don't lie to me it'll make me angry.
yes.
Drezi
I think you're lying, what do you have to say?
fartownik
THIS DISCUSSION IS MAKING MY HEAD SPIN
fartownik
Jess, what is your role?
Drezi
noo stay out shoo
Drezi
^ that was meant for the first post, i don't mind the second :^)
-[Jess]-

fartownik wrote:

Jess, what is your role?
roleclaim: Doublevoter.
fartownik
holy sheet she actually said it

PROVE IT, VOTE ME TWICE
Drezi
or vote me and farto if it can only be used on different targets.
Birdy
@farto, I was supposed to mention that I'm really torn between voting rEdo and Tess, hence why I'm not currently voting anyone, but... I see I didn't. Whoops.

-[Jess]- wrote:

roleclaim: Doublevoter.
But you're not explicitly claiming Town Doublevoter, are you? :roll:
-[Jess]-

Static Noise Bird wrote:

But you're not explicitly claiming Town Doublevoter, are you? :roll:
i just say,no.
Drezi
why aren't you using your doublevote? are you saying you're not a town doublevoter, or not a doublevoter at all?
Birdy
Vote: Jess

:roll: :roll: :roll:
-[Jess]-

Drezi wrote:

why aren't you using your doublevote? are you saying you're not a town doublevoter, or not a doublevoter at all?
i am planning to vote now,since it is 1-shot.
Drezi
No problem, I'd rather have it gone.
Birdy

Drezi wrote:

No problem, I'd rather have it gone.
Kek.

I still don't know whether Jess is claiming a Town or a non-Town doublevoter.
show more