forum

TwoThirds & Feint - Epiphany (feat. Veela)

posted
Total Posts
show more
BeatofIke
Excellent map. Have a star ^_^
Nyukai
[General]

1. add collab / collaboration in tags for obvious reasons o3o
[Revelation]

1. 00:24:210 (3,4) - the flow is a bit weird here, Ctrl+G them?
  2. 00:27:810 (2,3) - same?
  3. 01:15:637 (1) - the end of this seems not correctly snapped if I'm not mistaken.
  4. 02:09:295 (1) - add whistle at the end? it really fits with music imo.
  5. 02:55:752 (8) - this green line is unsnapped for 4 ms, you can check it by yourself.
  6. 03:39:637 (9) - NC? the music is more or less the same as 01:27:638 (5,6,7,8,1) - and there's a NC at the last note o3o
  7. 04:21:123 (2) - same as 01:15:637 (1) - ;w;
  8. 04:24:895 (6) - uh since this part I see another NC consistency, then here 04:46:838 (1) - you're back to the current consistency while the music doesn't change at all, not a big problem but better fix this because suddenly I see a big number of combos and I feel like the consistency is broken and it's really noticeable imo =w=
  9. 06:34:838 (4,5,6,7,1) - wow, this is kinda sudden and confusing, firstly I thought they had another rhythm o.o you always used more or less the same spacing when you map this rhythm, I suggest to change this because it could be a big problem for players even for pro ones
  10. 06:56:781 (1,5) - swap NC
Awesome map o3o
Topic Starter
Aiceo

Inyuschan wrote:

[General]

1. add collab / collaboration in tags for obvious reasons o3o okay

[Revelation]

1. 00:24:210 (3,4) - the flow is a bit weird here, Ctrl+G them? nah i think its fine
  2. 00:27:810 (2,3) - same?
  3. 01:15:637 (1) - the end of this seems not correctly snapped if I'm not mistaken.
  4. 02:09:295 (1) - add whistle at the end? it really fits with music imo.
  5. 02:55:752 (8) - this green line is unsnapped for 4 ms, you can check it by yourself.
  6. 03:39:637 (9) - NC? the music is more or less the same as 01:27:638 (5,6,7,8,1) - and there's a NC at the last note o3o
  7. 04:21:123 (2) - same as 01:15:637 (1) - ;w; yup fixed
  8. 04:24:895 (6) - uh since this part I see another NC consistency, then here 04:46:838 (1) - you're back to the current consistency while the music doesn't change at all, not a big problem but better fix this because suddenly I see a big number of combos and I feel like the consistency is broken and it's really noticeable imo =w= Yeah i fixed the ncing there
  9. 06:34:838 (4,5,6,7,1) - wow, this is kinda sudden and confusing, firstly I thought they had another rhythm o.o you always used more or less the same spacing when you map this rhythm, I suggest to change this because it could be a big problem for players even for pro ones Yeah illl reduce the spacing a bit
  10. 06:56:781 (1,5) - swap NC
yup

Awesome map o3o
Thanks for the mod!
A Mystery

Inyuschan wrote:

[Revelation]

1. 01:15:637 (1) - the end of this seems not correctly snapped if I'm not mistaken. - Not sure what you mean, Slider looks fine to me
  2. 02:09:295 (1) - add whistle at the end? it really fits with music imo.
  3. 02:55:752 (8) - this green line is unsnapped for 4 ms, you can check it by yourself. - Fixed
  4. 03:39:637 (9) - NC? the music is more or less the same as 01:27:638 (5,6,7,8,1) - and there's a NC at the last note o3o - Added (pls don't hurt me hula)
Awesome map o3o
Thanks for modding!
Avena
Fixed some missing hitsounds, a small error of colors with the storyboard and some small patterns.

Bubble #1
Nyukai
No kudosu, it's just a recheck.

1. As I've said the OD seems a bit excessive for this kind of map. Maybe OD8.5?
  2. 03:39:295 (1) - This NC is unnecessary o3o
  3. 04:12:552 (1) - Missing whistle?
  4. 04:18:038 (1) - Same.
  5. 06:34:838 (1,2,3,4,1) - I thought you were going to fix this...
Let me know.
Nyukai
Bubbled #2~
Secretpipe
Wheeeee~

EDIT : 2manyqualifiedmapsfortoday c:

come back tomorrow!
VINXIS
smth smth mandatory post about how manual sbing is the dumest thing to exist smth smth post
Nyukai

Secretpipe wrote:

Wheeeee~

EDIT : 2manyqualifiedmapsfortoday c:

come back tomorrow!
Actually you can come back in 2 hours more or less w
Krfawy
Combo colors are very bright and they are too similar to the background/storyboard. That might cause a disqualify if you ask me.
Combo2 : 183,70,123
Combo3 : 213,70,73

BTW OD9.3 pls so it's the same like AR and it gives a little bit more pp. You know, we should support players during their hard work, shall we? \WWWWWWWW/

EDIT: Instead of looking at cute songs and cute maps go back to my Kac (TV Size) and mod it & circle it as you promised 2 months ago you Baguette. : /
Topic Starter
Aiceo
The colours should be fine imo.
Secretpipe

Secretpipe wrote:

Wheeeee~
Mint
niceeeeeee :)
meii18
Congratulations
Topic Starter
Aiceo
Thanks everyone xd!
A Mystery
hu
ok
yey
Cherry Blossom
Hello.

There could be a lot of improvements on this map. This map is fun to play, but there is a lot of weird and clunky things concerning its structure.
The quality could be improved a lot, imo the ranking process of that map is just messed up, seriously.

• Examples of weird things.
  1. 00:22:496 (3,4,5,6,7) - First, could you explain me why there is a different spacing here ? it looks more clunky than intentional. And also, the flow could be improved here, AR9.3 helps a lot the player to play this pattern naturally. And same for 00:23:182 (8) -
  2. 00:32:610 (5,6) - I don't really get your logic, sometimes there is a higher spacing, and sometimes there is a smaller. I mean, compared to the previous note of each streams. And that could be not comfortable to play for a player, and thanks to the OD9, when playing, you see that you're hitting the objects too early because the player gets 100.
  3. 00:39:467 (6,7,8) - Here too, this is really unfortable to play for a player, he is just helped with AR9.3. There is a different spacing, and the angle between these circles is near to 180*, everything that makes a pattern not comfortable to play.
  4. 05:47:524 (2,3) - Here the flow could be improved, the circle (3) doesn't allow players to play the previous slider properly, and they could get a 100 on this slider, Just see (3) is at the same place as (8) :
I didn't check carefully the whole map, i just pointed out some examples to show you that this map could be improved a lot.
I don't really see a lot of mods, This kind of maps is a little challenging, and this kind of maps needs more testplays, more feedbacks and more mods from experienced persons. And also, as i said, the ranking process of this map is messed up, you must be joking...
Topic Starter
Aiceo
Sorry for placing notes 1mm off, never did use DS anyways. I think that part should be mapped with the flow breaks you mentioned because it fits the music, considering sliders don't even fit in that part anyways. Yes I know i still used them, but it's because of obvious reasons

I got no fucking idea what you just said, try hitting 300.

Also this is how you play that slider and it works p well imo:

And no I'm not joking, if you actually look at the map and listen to the song, you'll see that it's super repetitive, meaning that the map is super repetitive and patterns are repeating themselves over and over again, which means it doesn't really need a lot of modding. And for your information I did have a huge amount of testplays, I just never mention them in the description, because who the hell cares?
VINXIS
あなたの両方がどうもうな

this is what i think he was tryna do ok ok o ko ko ko ko ko

00:22:496 (3,4,5,6,7) - First, could you explain me why there is a different spacing here ? it looks more clunky than intentional. And also, the flow could be improved here, AR9.3 helps a lot the player to play this pattern naturally. And same for 00:23:182 (8) -

Triangles are p nice imo.

00:32:610 (5,6) - I don't really get your logic, sometimes there is a higher spacing, and sometimes there is a smaller. I mean, compared to the previous note of each streams. And that could be not comfortable to play for a player, and thanks to the OD9, when playing, you see that you're hitting the objects too early because the player gets 100.
this one actualyl makes spacing emphasis imo lol. You have 00:32:096 (2,3,4) - with lower spacing compared to 00:31:753 (1,2) - cuz u have the strong emphasis on the snare requiring more energy to play. 00:32:439 (4,5,6) - this has quite moderate spacing because 5 and 6 have stronger emphasis so it'd make sense to add more spacing on for them that is more than 00:32:096 (2,3,4) - but less than 00:31:753 (1,2) - cuz the emphasis is on 2 notes now and not 1, which evens it out kinda u feel.

00:39:467 (6,7,8) - Here too, this is really unfortable to play for a player, he is just helped with AR9.3. There is a different spacing, and the angle between these circles is near to 180*, everything that makes a pattern not comfortable to play.
This looks structured idk wot ur talkin about. Also same thing w. spacing emphasis. Angle might not look nice but i havent seen anyone rip on it so.

05:47:524 (2,3) - Here the flow could be improved, the circle (3) doesn't allow players to play the previous slider properly, and they could get a 100 on this slider, Just see (3) is at the same place as (8) :
thing aiceo did at above post k
Topic Starter
Aiceo

VINXIS wrote:

あなたの両方がどうもうな
あなたは、食器用洗剤のようなにおい
VINXIS

Aiceo wrote:

VINXIS wrote:

あなたの両方がどうもうな
あなたは、食器用洗剤のようなにおい
u r a 少大豆

EDIT: New page and i have to make this ~related~ to the map agksfd

lotsa triangles in the map l0l
A Mystery

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Hello.

There could be a lot of improvements on this map. This map is fun to play, but there is a lot of weird and clunky things concerning its structure.
The quality could be improved a lot, imo the ranking process of that map is just messed up, seriously.

• Examples of weird things.
  1. 00:22:496 (3,4,5,6,7) - First, could you explain me why there is a different spacing here ? it looks more clunky than intentional. And also, the flow could be improved here, AR9.3 helps a lot the player to play this pattern naturally. And same for 00:23:182 (8) -
  2. 00:32:610 (5,6) - I don't really get your logic, sometimes there is a higher spacing, and sometimes there is a smaller. I mean, compared to the previous note of each streams. And that could be not comfortable to play for a player, and thanks to the OD9, when playing, you see that you're hitting the objects too early because the player gets 100.
  3. 00:39:467 (6,7,8) - Here too, this is really unfortable to play for a player, he is just helped with AR9.3. There is a different spacing, and the angle between these circles is near to 180*, everything that makes a pattern not comfortable to play.
  4. 05:47:524 (2,3) - Here the flow could be improved, the circle (3) doesn't allow players to play the previous slider properly, and they could get a 100 on this slider, Just see (3) is at the same place as (8) :
I didn't check carefully the whole map, i just pointed out some examples to show you that this map could be improved a lot.
I don't really see a lot of mods, This kind of maps is a little challenging, and this kind of maps needs more testplays, more feedbacks and more mods from experienced persons. And also, as i said, the ranking process of this map is messed up, you must be joking...
I get your first 3 points, and they do make sense. But if you get confused over a small change in spacing like that (not everyone maps perfectly with DS), then you are not good enough to play this map properly (not even passing it). Since you are a high ranked player, I suppose you can easily see that the time between is just 1/2 like the other objects, since that's the only logical timing it can have.

That last suggestion is just a normal pattern, I don't see the issue. The circle behind that slider emphasizes the vocals a little, and a map with a full circular flow would be boring.

These things could be improved (the spacing "issues"), but imo it's not mandatory if the mapper cares less about these things. Is it readable? Yes. Does it bother me? No. Maybe it bothers you when playing, which is completely fine, but if that is true then there are a lot of recently qualified maps with the same issues.
Mazzerin
first off, want to improve the map? find it and mod it before its qualified.
secondly, the things/flow "failures" you mentioned are not clunky and don't play bad, not in 180< bpm.
thirdly, why would different spacing confuse the player.. as long as it's similar to what was used before. give me a break, the song/map is already consistent as hell, if it was all mapped using 1,4x DS for verses and 1,7x DS for choruses i'd die from boredom.
silmarilen

Mazzerin wrote:

first off, want to improve the map? find it and mod it before its qualified.
no, that's not how it works. as long as a map is not ranked it can still recieve mods, and in case it gets disqualified those mods should still be looked at and responded to.
Cherry Blossom
Awh well, I guess i didn't have to talk here.
It's useless to talk with you, all. Can't defeat circlejerking.

I just hope something on DAY6 won't happen to you, it will be sad and frustrating, you've been warned.
A Mystery

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Awh well, I guess i didn't have to talk here.

I just hope something on DAY6 won't happen to you, it will be sad and frustrating, you've been warned.
The thing is, I don't think it's worth DQ'ing for, unlike other, bigger issues with maps that get qualified way too fast. I agree that it could have received more mods, but I doubt it would have a large enough impact on the quality it currently has.
VINXIS

Cherry Blossom wrote:

sinister
Charles445
Considering the lack of stream jumps and the common frequency of circles under sliderends, players aren't going to be taking shortcuts on most of the sliders.

I do agree with the spacing points though, it's oddly inconsistent.
byfar
fated day6
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

Revelation

Unused Files

• There are unused files in the "safe" folder. Please remove them.
Unconfortable Flow / Inconsistent Spacing

• There are several spots with inconsistent spacing, which results in a flow that is uncomfortable to play.
  1. 00:22:152 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) -
  2. 00:25:582 (4,5,6) -
  3. 02:32:438 (1,2,3,4) -
Last but not least, we think that AR9.3 feels forced, most parts of the song aren't containing big jumps. We believe that AR9 works better.

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###AM
A Mystery
Hello anon (why anon)

The red tick on 02:32:438 (1,2,3,4) - (2) felt like a stronger beat (there is some kind of tone, a voice and a bass-kick, so I though emphasizing that a little bit, so the anti-flow is completely intentional. A map full of circular flow is simply boring, especially in a song like this.
I don't see a problem at all with (3,4) so idk why you linked that as well.

The inconsistent spacing does not make it uncomfortable to play imho, but it might look weird.

Aiceo stay calm pls :^)
Syrte
Ar9 would be way to slow... 9,3 is perfect in my opinion.
cr1mmy

Syrte wrote:

9.3 is slow too
10 is perfect in my opinion
A Mystery

cr1m wrote:

Syrte wrote:

9.3 is slow too
10 is perfect in my opinion
I think AR 69 is better
Mazzerin
united has nearly the same jumps (5,4 star rating without streams) and its ar9,2 but it's somehow fine
fucking vinxis made me lose pp gg
Alumetorz
offset +5 to +10ms! (i used +7ms, but you should check yourself. azer also confirmed this onstream)

regarding flow and spacing, i disagree with the DQ but ok.
ar9.3 is fine as well due to the rather jumpy map IMO

good luck with the rerank!
Topic Starter
Aiceo
Remapping some parts since the map didn't look pretty enough for qats, sadly.
byfar
THANKS VINXIS - 2 PP XD

jk i love u. gl on rerank xdd
VINXIS
holy anladrtg
asefgcfn
fgn
fgsd
v

v
xgvb
sdgv