forum

[duplicate] Custom Tags

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Haganenno
Hello,

There are a lot of songs in this game that have a difficult or forgottable name, a lot of songs which are good, but their names are just not associatable with the song itself. Mappers have tags for such thing, but sometimes, mappers just don't add the tag you want (Looking at you, Atsuro).

Well one day, I watched _index's play on JoJo Sono Chi and his video title was ORA ORA ORA ORA. I really liked the song and downloaded it, played a few times and then moved on. Next day, I wanted to play that song again. I type in "ORA" in the search bar, because I thought this song is such a meme it's just "ORA ORA ORA ORA" and nothing else. Nothing happened. Had to go back to the video to find the link of the song from the Youtube description.

My point is that such small things might sometimes cause some unnecessary inconveniences. Personally, I run into this problem from time to time and it really grinds my gears.

My proposal:

I am proposing an extra button to add in the "Beatmap options" menu. I am not the best Photoshop user, but you get the idea. If you do not, it works like this:

1. Cllick on "Add custom tags" or press 6.
  1. It lets you type in the "Add custom tags" line. Type in your custom tags, press Enter or 6 to submit them.
  1. Next time you access the same beatmap's options, you already see your tags submitted and you will be able to press 6 or click on the button to edit them.
  1. Beatmap custom/local tags will be submitted for the whole mapset, because making a person apply the same tags for the whole mapset would not only be a hassle and a half, but also there are collections for making one map separated from the mapset.

Discuss and tell me any problems you can see in this feature and tell me if you came up with any ideas regarding this request.
Thanks for reading!
abraker
Hmmm... While it does seem like a good idea, I feel this is not hitting a homerun. There are collections to keep track of the maps, so if you didn't want to lose the map among the huge list of maps you might have, just add it to a dedicated collection. Don't know, I'm just not sold on the idea.
Oinari-sama