forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
FinnHallqvist
So 2 problems occur with this version.

1. My normal (stable version) framerate in the menu on unlimited frames is around ~1200. On cutting edge I only have around 800-600 frames per second in the main menu.
2. It stutters really badly when I set it on unlimited and I get this kind of chart.
Edit: Using a R9 290, i7-4770k and newest drivers.
Tom94

FinnHallqvist wrote:

So 2 problems occur with this version.

1. My normal (stable version) framerate in the menu on unlimited frames is around ~1200. On cutting edge I only have around 800-600 frames per second in the main menu.
2. It stutters really badly when I set it on unlimited and I get this kind of chart.
Edit: Using a R9 290, i7-4770k and newest drivers.
Can you try closing all programs you have open in the background to ensure none of them is meddling with opengl? Also, are you using fullscreen or windowed/borderless?
FinnHallqvist

Tom94 wrote:

Can you try closing all programs you have open in the background to ensure none of them is meddling with opengl? Also, are you using fullscreen or windowed/borderless?
After closing programs:

Stable:
Framerate main menu without music ~1600
Framerate main menu with music ~1200
Framerate song select screen ~1100
Cutting Edge:
Framerate main menu without music ~1200
Framerate main menu with music ~1000
Framerate song select screen ~700

Im using fullscreen 1080p.

I didnt try playing because its too loud atm but I may try tomorrow.
ma3uk
The last update of cutting-edge frame rate dropped from 360 to 280-290 (in a stable version for directx FPS is 600). Yet there is a delay cursor (as if he were floating or standing restrictions 60FPS).

My specs:
Laptop with Intel i3 and AMD 6850, the latest drivers 15.5
Trosk-

ma3uk wrote:

The last update of cutting-edge frame rate dropped from 360 to 280-290 (in a stable version for directx FPS is 600). Yet there is a delay cursor (as if he were floating or standing restrictions 60FPS).

My specs:
Are you sure that you are on Full Screen? Not Borderless
ma3uk

Trosk- wrote:

ma3uk wrote:

My specs:
Are you sure that you are on Full Screen? Not Borderless
In the settings set to "Full Screen"
A Mystery
I see that the performance in the editor improved quite a bit
Today I was applying a mod and after being in the editor for 3 minutes it started stuttering a lot again...
Test playing is smooth af, and a lot better than in stable build (less input lag, smoother) but the editor itself lags a lot. I noticed that when there are more objects on the screen it starts stuttering more (logically). I also noticed the song select stutters as well (like before).
It seems to be happening when in the editor some time, and the fps counter says "160 fps" or something but it's not even near that

Can't capture a video because it will stutter a lot more unlike last time.

EDIT: I don't know if this has been posted here already but

I think you see the issue.
japanese maid
z
insaeno
Problem Details:

Basically when importing a new mapset when already in the song list on an existing mapset, the song list will point to the new mapset with the background for the old one. Possibly related to the cuttingedge change which made backgrounds only reload "when necessary" (Jun 11 2015). Happens at least on Windows 8.1 when importing new beatmaps by opening osz files. The problem goes away if you reload the map list somehow, either by playing the song or exiting the song list.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
SPOILER
Before:
SPOILER
After:

osu! version: 20150611.2cuttingedge
Trosk-

insaeno wrote:

Problem Details:the old one. Possibly related to the cuttingedge change which made backgrounds only reload "when necessary" (Jun 11 2015).
I absolutely think this is the cause of the problem. Since it's on Cutting Edge, post it here please.

Tried on Stable and this doesn't happen.
Tom94

ma3uk wrote:

My specs:
Can you try running osu! with your integrated graphics instead of your AMD card and see if that improves the situation? The input lag you are experiencing suggests that the game can't enter fullscreen mode properly.
A Mystery
Sorry for posting multiple times. I just noticed that when I press the osu!direct button on the website, all it does is change my resolution to the osu! one. When I click on the osu! icon on the task bar my resolution changes to normal, and then I have to click once again on the icon to get into the game.
At native resolution in osu!, it won't tab into the game like usual,resolution stays the same (which seems logical because of above)
FinnHallqvist
I know this is quite hard for Osu to play FDFD x2 but im getting those results *sometimes* :

DeletedUser_4329079
It seems like spinners still have a capped frame rate in the skin preview page
Low Snow
Where are my triangles? D:

Neqoo

Low Snow wrote:

Where are my triangles? D:

They got removed, but if i remember correctly, the triangles are disabled to compare the performance things. (this is what i thought of the changelog entry)
FinnHallqvist
When I start Osu and open the song select screen the image of the first song is not shown. I need to click on another song and then go back to see its image.
UncleClapton
I want to post this in here for now as I was only able to test this on CE, however this may occur in other builds as well. I just don't have anyone else to help me test on other builds right now.

It seems that clicking on PM notifications with the mod select panel open causes some strange behavior.

Video:

Specific details:
After opening a PM through the notification, the bottom two buttons of the mod select panel cannot be clicked, however mod icons themselves can be.
The mod select panel can be closed through clicking Escape.
The typing cursor then defaults back to the beatmap search box, however backspace cannot be used.
The chat window cannot be interacted with until closed and opened again.

If this can be confirmed on other builds, I can post this as it's own topic to be handled with there.
Low Snow
Hm...I played a random map, but I quickly quit and spec a friend..My music and his music was both playing.

FinnHallqvist wrote:

When I start Osu and open the song select screen the image of the first song is not shown. I need to click on another song and then go back to see its image.
Same here.

CoonFight wrote:

They got removed, but if i remember correctly, the triangles are disabled to compare the performance things. (this is what i thought of the changelog entry)
Okay thanks.
Dororo
Whenever I play osu! and ran out of maps to play, I usually press F2 like every half second to see something interesting that I may have missed.

On stable, things work fine, though on cuttingedge, when that particular beatmap has not been 'viewed' yet, osu! freezes like 1/6 of a second therefore doing it makes it kinda annoying.

Edit: Did the update seconds ago fixed it? The problem is gone now.
VeilStar

insaeno wrote:

Basically when importing a new mapset when already in the song list on an existing mapset, the song list will point to the new mapset with the background for the old one. Possibly related to the cuttingedge change which made backgrounds only reload "when necessary" (Jun 11 2015). Happens at least on Windows 8.1 when importing new beatmaps by opening osz files. The problem goes away if you reload the map list somehow, either by playing the song or exiting the song list.

Trosk- wrote:

Since it's on Cutting Edge, post it here please.
Merged the threads. (Consider this a little bump, as it got put a page back.)
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix beatmap background not being loaded when first entering song select. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150611.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
There seems to be an issue with replays. There are replays that have negative input frames playing and then when the first objects is approached there is a gap in the frames and then the cursor will just warp over to the first object. The replays don't have to start at 0 offset to create this behaviour, but near 0 is good enough. I will need to test more but I swear automatic lead-in time doesn't seem to happen anymore for replays that start very soon.

Replaying replays quickly also seems to have an effect on the replay itself. DT replays seem to be the most apparent. Look at Splinter's replay here. Sometimes when I leave the replay and load it again, the replay will start without any leadin and it will just warp the cursor to the start and other times it looks normal (albeit with less lead in time than on stable).

Edit: After analyzing the behaviour a bit more, the time at which the replay starts showing frames seems to be different upon load. Some times it starts a bit earlier before the notes appear and sometimes it is right before the notes appear and the movement frames before then are not shown. It seems very inconsistent whether it wants to show those frames to the first note or not in that replay for me. If it starts too close to the first note it just skips all the movement frames.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

There seems to be an issue with replays. There are replays that have negative input frames playing and then when the first objects is approached there is a gap in the frames and then the cursor will just warp over to the first object. The replays don't have to start at 0 offset to create this behaviour, but near 0 is good enough. I will need to test more but I swear automatic lead-in time doesn't seem to happen anymore for replays that start very soon.

Replaying replays quickly also seems to have an effect on the replay itself. DT replays seem to be the most apparent. Look at Splinter's replay here. Sometimes when I leave the replay and load it again, the replay will start without any leadin and it will just warp the cursor to the start and other times it looks normal (albeit with less lead in time than on stable).

Edit: After analyzing the behaviour a bit more, the time at which the replay starts showing frames seems to be different upon load. Some times it starts a bit earlier before the notes appear and sometimes it is right before the notes appear and the movement frames before then are not shown. It seems very inconsistent whether it wants to show those frames to the first note or not in that replay for me. If it starts too close to the first note it just skips all the movement frames.
I believe that this was said on another thread and happens on Stable release stream too. I believe.
BoySanic
When playing tag co-op on the latest build, sliders are a very bright white.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I believe that this was said on another thread and happens on Stable release stream too. I believe.
I checked stable and it doesn't for this map. The negative movement frames aren't visible and the cursor just appears out of nowhere towards the first note. Tom broke the leadin time that is applied when it loads, so loading time affects what part of the replay you're in.

Edit: Okay this behaviour does happen on stable, but it's more buggy with the negative replay frames shown.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

Edit: Okay this behaviour does happen on stable, but it's more buggy with the negative replay frames shown.
^
DeletedUser_4329079
Wtf, everytime I restart the game the mouse sensitivity changes itself to a random number (I had it set to 1)

Pampel

Default wrote:

Wtf, everytime I restart the game the mouse sensitivity changes itself to a random number (I had it set to 1)]
It's probably not random, but just that osu! only saves the value you clicked and ignores adjustments made via arrow keys for the mouse sensitivity, as I said some days ago. That's what it was for me when the same seemed to happen to me at least.
DeletedUser_4329079

Pampel wrote:

It's probably not random, but just that osu! only saves the value you clicked and ignores adjustments made via arrow keys for the mouse sensitivity, as I said some days ago. That's what it was for me when the same seemed to happen to me at least.
You're right, that's what happens to me too.
Arras
I have no idea how I did it, but I somehow managed to minimize osu! to the point where the icon didn't show on the task bar anymore. The updater told me it was still running, so it wasn't closed. I could still alt-tab back to it, though, and after that the icon returned too. I can't seem to replicate it, though? (and no, it wasn't boss key, as I didn't press that, it wouldn't show in alt tab if that was the case, and it didn't show up in the icon tray either)

FPS is much better than before now :D (although I'm not sure it's quite up to directX levels yet, it's definitely getting there)
Also, if you want to try a true FPS draining map, try this lol. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/501483 The storyboard is absolutely ridiculous.
Nabile

Arras wrote:

FPS is much better than before now :D (although I'm not sure it's quite up to directX levels yet, it's definitely getting there)
Also, if you want to try a true FPS draining map, try this lol. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/501483 The storyboard is absolutely ridiculous.
Or ginkiha - EOS.
For some reason, my framerate tanks from 120 to almost 50 FPS at times in this map, unless I start recording using OBS with NVENC. I have to turn off the storyboard to play that map which is a shame since it's so pretty.
I've got an i5-4570 and a GTX 770. When I played on a friend's PC (it has a Pentium and an AMD graphics card cheaper than my rig), the framerate couldn't go below 100 FPS. That's weird.

Screenshots:
SPOILER
Auto with a small lag spike in drawing when it starts getting interesting:

Auto after the storm:

Cinema has a bit more trouble:

Cinema after the storm:

Relax:

Autopilot:

Replay:

Normal:

Normal (02):

And finally one without shaders:

TL;DR: it doesn't lag when watching a replay/auto/cinema, but it does when you play (normal/relax/autopilot).
Arras
Huh, there's issues with sound too. I can hear some rare audio crackles, and when playing an entirely keysounded song, some occasional keysounds do not play at all, making it sound weird. This does not happen for autoplay or the editor (IIRC), but it does for regular play and replays. Oddly enough, it doesn't occur when recording with OBS game capture either, so I have no video of it.
Tom94

Arras wrote:

Huh, there's issues with sound too. I can hear some rare audio crackles, and when playing an entirely keysounded song, some occasional keysounds do not play at all, making it sound weird. This does not happen for autoplay or the editor (IIRC), but it does for regular play and replays. Oddly enough, it doesn't occur when recording with OBS game capture either, so I have no video of it.
Do you have a dedicated sound card? If yes, which one?
Arras

Tom94 wrote:

Arras wrote:

Do you have a dedicated sound card? If yes, which one?
Based on this, I'd say no? http://puu.sh/inHq1/5407990521.png
VeilStar
About those 'sound cracks' - I completely forgot about this, but if you use the boss key while watching a replay for example you can hear sound cracking for a little bit while the game is minimized to the tray. Not sure what that's all about, but it seems to 'crack' for a few seconds when it would play a hitsound. This also happens in other circumstances but I forgot what they were.
Shizuyi
I could reproduce the Crackle. Strange thing. o.O I have no Sound Card.
Nabile

VeilStar wrote:

About those 'sound cracks' - I completely forgot about this, but if you use the boss key while watching a replay for example you can hear sound cracking for a little bit while the game is minimized to the tray. Not sure what that's all about, but it seems to 'crack' for a few seconds when it would play a hitsound. This also happens in other circumstances but I forgot what they were.
It also occurs when you mess with the game volume.
Something like this.
VeilStar

Nabile wrote:

Something like this.
Oh, so that's another way to get these sound cracks. Now that you've said that I remember setting the universal volume to 0 (or was it the music volume?) on the main menu while it was playing a song and the same thing happened. Though I can't seem to replicate that now.
Nabile

VeilStar wrote:

Nabile wrote:

Something like this.
Oh, so that's another way to get these sound cracks. Now that you've said that I remember setting the universal volume to 0 (or was it the music volume?) on the main menu while it was playing a song and the same thing happened. Though I can't seem to replicate that now.
Yep, I've checked and that's only from when you set the universal volume to 0.
(Also it's more noticeable in this video (@ 0:01 and @ 0:16).)
show more