forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zelda

BrokenArrow wrote:

Does anyone know a way to register to the NeoGAF forum without having to create some kind of paid email address?
Well you could make some kind of free email address. How did you manage to make an account on osu! without an email address ?
BrokenArrow

Zelda wrote:

Well you could make some kind of free email address. How did you manage to make an account on osu! without an email address ?
No the thing is it doesn't let me register with my regular email addresses (gmail.com, web.de) so I was asking if there was some way around it

It says
"The email address you specified is not suitable for registration at NeoGAF. This may be because it is recognised as a free e-mail address - as stated in the Terms of Service we can not accept registration from free e-mail accounts (such as Hotmail or Gmail). If the address you provided is not a free e-mail account, then it may have been explicitly banned for another reason. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, then please contact the administrator by clicking here."
Yuudachi-kun
What the fuck is Neogaf and why do they make you use some email that you'd have to pay for.
BrokenArrow
It's a fairly popular forum I've been lurking about gaming and other (mostly) computer related stuff except that there is much less shitposting than here because they don't let everyone register
Yuudachi-kun

BrokenArrow wrote:

It's a fairly popular forum I've been lurking about gaming and other (mostly) computer related stuff except that there is much less shitposting than here because they don't let everyone register
Zelda

BrokenArrow wrote:

Zelda wrote:

No the thing is it doesn't let me register with my regular email addresses (gmail.com, web.de) so I was asking if there was some way around it

It says
"The email address you specified is not suitable for registration at NeoGAF. This may be because it is recognised as a free e-mail address - as stated in the Terms of Service we can not accept registration from free e-mail accounts (such as Hotmail or Gmail). If the address you provided is not a free e-mail account, then it may have been explicitly banned for another reason. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, then please contact the administrator by clicking here."
Well that's kind of stupid. Check your PMs.
EneT
I think you need to download more RAM.
Friendan
I don't like Neogaf
I'm too lazy to find the other, better images but whatever.
Yuudachi-kun
I just use Something Awful
FuZ

Friendan wrote:

I don't like Neogaf
This sums up pretty well:

BrokenArrow wrote:

except that there is much less shitposting than here because they don't let everyone register
Those kind of wannabe elitist restricted forums are for the most part worse than regular forums, it's all about circlejerking with a unique opinion
EneT
This poor Mother duck and her ducklings :(

Hika

Choofers wrote:

long distance stuff sucks
i rly want to be with this girl but she lives in europe and i'm a broke as fuck college student
but then again i'm also a college student so maybe i'll find a qt math major to snuggle with
hahahahha ok but im in usa and im poor to lest be together????

on a serious note, I took this day off to go to a concert and the silly part is, I couldn't even get a hold on the tickets until last minute.
so now I'm just sitting here.. whining about how I can't go.
EneT

Hika wrote:

hahahahha ok but im in usa and im poor to lest be together????

on a serious note, I took this day off to go to a concert and the silly part is, I couldn't even get a hold on the tickets until last minute.
so now I'm just sitting here.. whining about how I can't go.
Get rekt you scrub.
Hika
I got rekt real hard. The day I get my paycheck, the tickets sell out and the day after I pay rent, the tickets are being resold. I am just crying all over the place.

But let's be real here, I'm just gonna go out and take pictures so things are going pretty well today. I saved 218$ by not going to that concert.
BrokenArrow

FuZ wrote:

BrokenArrow wrote:

except that there is much less shitposting than here because they don't let everyone register
Those kind of wannabe elitist restricted forums are for the most part worse than regular forums, it's all about circlejerking with a unique opinion
Not saying your statement is entirely false but having some kind of age restriction can definitely be helpful to create an environment for higher quality discussions. For example, when I read some posts over on reddit/r/buildapc/ I just wanna vomit because of how uneducated some people there are. In contrast, this thread has been very helpful to me and many other people and there is a lot less bullshit being spread.
But I agree, the circlejerking is pretty strong in some parts of the forum.

Also shoutout to Zelda for being a nice person.
B1rd

BrokenArrow wrote:

Maybe you should read the terms of service and privacy policy. It's quite interesting...

SPOILER
"B. Registration must be performed with an Internet Service Provider, education, or workplace email address. No other types of email addresses will be accepted,"

So you have to use a personal email address.

"Uses
Third parties outside of NeoGAF may receive aggregated non-personal information. Under limited circumstances
(please elaborate...) we may share personal information with third parties as well, including when complying with legal matters and also when ensuring the security of our site and related services."

"D. We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you), typically in (but not limited to) the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you."

So they can do whatever they want with your information and give it out to whoever they want.

C. By registering an account at NeoGAF.com and participating (including but not limited to submitting posts or private messages on NeoGAF.com), you hereby grant NeoGAF LLC and our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit the messages posted or private messages sent on NeoGAF.com, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised, for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity.

TL:DRv: anything you say belongs to them. On top of that, they can see all of your private messages as well.

A. Moderation of NeoGAF is not by democracy. All decisions with regards to thread closure and movement, permanent and temporary bans, membership, and any other relevant issues are made by the NeoGAF administration alone and are final.

Seems like a lovely place.

Friendan wrote:

I don't like Neogaf
I haven't seen that type of bigoted behaviour here anywhere close to that degree. Could you link that thread? I want to read it fully.
Aurani
Funny how no one really reads that shit until they get banned or run into probs with the staff. "But I didn't do anything wrong! You have no right to do this!" "Fcourse we do, look, you agreed on this shit - we own your kidneys now boy!"
Friendan

B1rd wrote:

I haven't seen that type of bigoted behaviour here anywhere close to that degree. Could you link that thread? I want to read it fully.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 52&page=22
Aurani
That guy at the end DOES raise a point in regards to Tera fanservice shit. Absolutely disgusting.
Friendan
He does, however, the mods on that site are retarded
you can get banned for saying "PC master race" because it's mean or something
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
Yuudachi-kun
And now I know enough to never use Neogaf because it appears to be a hugbox.
Zelda

BrokenArrow wrote:

Not saying your statement is entirely false but having some kind of age restriction can definitely be helpful to create an environment for higher quality discussions. For example, when I read some posts over on reddit/r/buildapc/ I just wanna vomit because of how uneducated some people there are. In contrast, this thread has been very helpful to me and many other people and there is a lot less bullshit being spread.
But I agree, the circlejerking is pretty strong in some parts of the forum.

Also shoutout to Zelda for being a nice person.
Eh, I just happen to have a domain and a webserver that lets me create an unlimited amount of email addresses. Giving you one seemed like less trouble than looking for a free service than neogaf doesn't know about.

I'm sure you can find some uneducated people there too, though. Age or "non-free" email address does not equal education.

Aurani wrote:

That guy at the end DOES raise a point in regards to Tera fanservice shit. Absolutely disgusting.
I was going to embed this picture, but then I remembered that peppy's phone browser crashes if he looks at pictures above 3MB.

TERA is the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in video games.
Aurani
Even if we completely ignore those disgusting lolis and that fanservice, there are still the gameplay mechanics - a lot of people say Tera is "difficult". That's just because they have no idea what they're talking about. Difficult does NOT equal unforgiving. Just because there is a one-shot mechanic present doesn't make it difficult - the moment you master it, it's done, bam, easy as Hell to repeat.

I would rather suffocate myself with the paper I'm holding right now, than play that game.
Zelda
They seriously still say that TERA is difficult, really ?
It was kind of difficult (for an MMO, still very little difficulty if you compare it to, say, Super Meat Boy) in the beginning when it was just released and still very much a P2P game, but it's only gone downhill since it went F2P and they started nerfing everything into the ground. Nowadays it's literally the easiest piece of shit you could decide to play.
B1rd

Friendan wrote:

B1rd wrote:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 52&page=22
There is actually a dialogue going on there, so it doesn't seem like too much of a hugbox.

Aurani wrote:

Are some loli's in maid outfits really that off putting? I don't see the big issue.
EneT
I play minecraft n minecraft is2hard4me I alweys get killed by the spooky skeletuns n the weerd penus llukin monstur so ofc Tera is hard4me.
Aurani
When you farm money on horny teenagers who want to have their personal loli - yes, quite off-putting.
EneT
I think High Elf caters horny teenagers alot more than the loli race.
B1rd
Guys like roleplay as cute anime girls. It's pretty much a fact. I don't blame the developers for making their game appeal to their demographic.
Aurani
They have the right to do whatever they like with their game, but it's also my right to say that those same actions are disgusting and sad, to say the least.
Friendan

Aurani wrote:

Even if we completely ignore those disgusting lolis and that fanservice, there are still the gameplay mechanics - a lot of people say Tera is "difficult". That's just because they have no idea what they're talking about. Difficult does NOT equal unforgiving. Just because there is a one-shot mechanic present doesn't make it difficult - the moment you master it, it's done, bam, easy as Hell to repeat.

I would rather suffocate myself with the paper I'm holding right now, than play that game.
I feel like this sums up Vindictus pretty well as well. Until you get some rich Saudi with a pet and costmetics who dies every 5 seconds and uses paid group revives each time he dies.
DeletedUser_4041880
Trash Boat
Ice to see you again, Frostei.
BrokenArrow
Something something Scarlet Blade
AutoMedic
im still downloading dirty bomb, i hope this can be interesting since im a big fan of team fortress :)
Lewder
dirty bomb sounds like a funny urban dictionary sex definition
AutoMedic

Lewder wrote:

dirty bomb sounds like a funny urban dictionary sex definition
oh no
DeletedUser_3905941
he's back
AutoMedic
god no
EneT
Hi AutoMedic.