ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aurani
>8.1
Hipster detected :V
Zelda
So do you actually use the Pro features or did you get it because it sounds cool ? Just curious.
BrokenArrow
The only feature I'm going to be using is Hyper-V that comes with the Win 8.1 Pro edition, but I read somwhere that once Windows 10 comes out you will lose the option to choose which Windows updates you want to install unless you are using the Pro version. So not having to worry about that is cool too.

It was free for me anyways, usually I wouldn't have paid the extra 50 bucks or whatever it is because I'm barely making use of it.
Zelda
Oh, okay then. I haven't read that about windows 10 anywhere though, source ?

As of right now with technical preview which happens to be the Pro version as well, I don't get to choose or hide any updates. That might be just because it's a technical preview of course, could easily change on release.
BrokenArrow
Source

"Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates."

I'm probably not going to use this feature that often, but it's always nice to have the option in case Microsoft messes things up.
Zelda
Well that kinda sucks, guess I'm jumping on the Pro wagon as well.

I'll likely end up pirating it if the retail price is anything like the previous versions anyway.
IppE

Zelda wrote:

I'll likely end up pirating it if the retail price is anything like the previous versions anyway.
That's illegal you know.
Zelda
I feel bad already. Maybe I'll write an apology letter to Microsoft.
Trash Boat

Zelda wrote:

I feel bad already. Maybe I'll write an apology letter to Microsoft.
Letter? Are you still on the Middle Age or what?
EneT

Trash Boat wrote:

I guess that was the 'joke' he was trying to make.
AutoMedic

EneT wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

I guess that was the 'joke' he was trying to make.
It was funny I gotta admit
IppE
inb4 boat comes back with "no you just didn't understand my joke"

Bweh

IppE wrote:

inb4 boat comes back with "no you just didn't understand my joke"

I'd letter take it up hers
Trash Boat
That wasn't a joke, THIS is a joke:

Frostei: boy its good to be back
Random user: Ice to see you again, Frosty

But seriously, that wasn't a joke
IppE
So you we're just being your dumb self.

Good to know.
Trash Boat
Worry about somebody's choices is not dumb
IppE

This page is dedicated to giant weasels

Aurani
Boy it's good to be back home.
I love myself more than usual.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

Boy it's good to be back home.
I love myself more than usual.
You sound as if you work at a sweatshop or something.
Yuudachi-kun
Sounds sensual
Aurani
You'll see what it is like to work for 8 hours once you get a job.
No matter how much you love it, it's exhausting as fuck.

A good buddy of mine works in a call centre, and all he ever does is talk to people - doesn't move a single inch (unless it's a break), yet he looks like he's working in a coal mine for 12 hours every day.
EneT
I work part-time as a bartender and waiter; my job is completely fine and lax bro.
Aurani
Then you're either not giving a single shit about your job, or you're working in a cafe with a giant workers-only pool.
I haven't met a single person with a serious job and proper dedication who wasn't even a bit tired after an 8-hour shift.

Either you have impossibly great conditions, or you have a metric fuckton of energy to spare.
How many hours a day do you even sleep?
EneT
I sleep 5; the pub in which I work is has very civilized customers so I don't really find it a hassle.
Aurani
Oh well, happy for you then.
I barely get 3 hours of sleep each day, but that's only because college OP.
EneT
Yeah I actually take naps in College/University lectures but most of my course consists of doing things externally outside of the Uni anyways.
Aurani
I'm not even attending college, because it would be physically impossible working in mixed shifts AND going to two of them in the same day. It's impossible even doing only two of those things, let alone all three.

I can't wait to graduate in 2 years, get this shit off of my back, get a proper workplace and then think about other people and my own relationships with them.
EneT
Put education above work man. Long-term over short-term.
Aurani
I can manage both, don't worry.
-sev
Everything is pissing me off today

Fucking hell
EneT
Take a chill pill and go smoke some weed or something.
Aurani
People on GD are being cancerous again, so don't worry, I know how you feel. :p
xch00F
sup
Friendan
hello Choofers
-sev

EneT wrote:

Take a chill pill and go smoke some weed or something.
I overslept today and I've been out of tune for the whole day, no I can't calm down

Also I'm not a hippie

Aurani wrote:

People on GD are being cancerous again, so don't worry, I know how you feel. :p
Is this about the selfie thread? Because that cancer thread should've been wastelanded long ago

------

Speaking of wastelands, I'm off to play more fallout nv
Aurani
Yes, it is.
The sheer stupidity of those who defended it without presenting any expedient arguments is breathtaking. It only reinforces what I said back on the first page - those who used that thread and defend it at the moment lack any sense of maturity and fucking decency and shouldn't be allowed to breed.

I'm sure that Dadmate won't reopen it, because you'd need to be fucking blind to give in to those people's senseless demands.
AutoMedic
hi aurani
-sev
Its mere existence is sickening enough

Dadbeard wasteland pls
AutoMedic
What thread

I've been active on other forums lately
Granger
Not on GD evidently.
show more