posted
Total Posts
show more
DaddyCoolVipper

:>

20 stacks sword of the occult too!
Jordan

That was just brutal

None of them was actually trolling Lee went ap after they were 0/26 or something
Conor
Dainesl
Wow, you actually went 37-0 o.o that was awesome, tell me how to do that esp. in ranked ;w; (never had one of those games, best I had was like, 50-7)
Aurani

Blue Dragon wrote:

Pretty sure she has disconnected. Look at the gold amount and the red name in the top right
What about the enemy Vayne? I'm PRETTY sure she couldn't have disconnected, judging by the amount of times she died, which is EXACTLY why she had such pathetic farm alongside Ashe (who most likely did DC).

Then again, it is a normal match - not ranked... people there are trying out champions for the first time instead of going into custom games, so that might explain everything.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

Then again, it is a normal match - not ranked... people there are trying out champions for the first time instead of going into custom games, so that might explain everything.
Well every ADC is pretty much the same in terms of functionality so that person still doesn't have an excuse #UltraLowEloNormals
Aurani
Thing is, ADCs are in my opinion the most difficult role to play when your team is utter shit. Just think of it - you NEED them to act like a living shield for you, so you can deal damage without the slightest possibility of being damaged, but most of the time every moron goes for whatever he wants, and not what the team needs, so you're left there with 1500 HP against all those assassins and mages who deal a k damage on their ults alone, so yeah, have fun being left to rot by your own team - your greatest enemies.

In a ranked, I always viewed my teammates as my enemies as well. I need to suck their ego dick so they can be happy and not rage quit, I need to give them the feeling that they're the ones carrying the match AND keep tabs on their personality, so I know who to block immediately.
Your opponents are much easier to control, so the true victory lies in whether or not you can satisfy your own team full of wannabe animu heroes who think their life matters the most.

Either that or just skip everything I wrote if you're Challenger and completely eat their faces off without giving a single fuck about your team, because you don't even need them.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

Thing is, ADCs are in my opinion the most difficult role to play when your team is utter shit.
That's something I tell everyone; it's the hardest role to carry. My most hated role but contains some of my most favourite champs. Because of that, I mained mid for a few years since it was the most fun/easiest role to carry but the recent mid meta right now just isn't to my liking so I've been forced to main ADC again. Vayne still remains my most favourite champ since she's just that kind of ADC that can do anything by herself in the right hands: Kiting, self-peel, out-duel, damage.
Aurani
I actually came back to League not even a month ago and met up with an old friend, played a few ranked matches with her, and she was amazed to hear that I absolutely HATE ADCs now. I used to be a Diamond-level player back in s1 with my ADCs, and now? Oh I don't even want to know how low I am on the skill ladder nowadays when it comes to that role - simply because I start hating my life every time I pick it up and have an incompetent support. If he lacks lane presence, you might as well be fucking 1v2 bot, seriously.

I'm confident, however, that my best role currently is top (my once most hated one), with mid and support being right after it - and I damn used to adore mid and only mid, due to Scarra's streams back in the day.

I still miss s2, though - the time when I genuinely had fun playing League. =(
Renevant
lol, didnt even realize hexakill was back until i saw it on the matchmaking list. No hype i guess
Feast
All the hype is on Ekko
Aurani
Damnit Riot, stop defecating champions left and right, my IP needs a break.
DaddyCoolVipper
Ekko is so disgustingly OP right now, Riot don't even hide the fact that they want to sell him tons before the nerfs
Mismagius

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Ekko is so disgustingly OP right now, Riot don't even hide the fact that they want to sell him tons before the nerfs
Wasn't it like that with Gnar, Kalista and Rek'sai as well? I honestly see not much difference

BTW Luden's Echo on Twisted Treeline is so fucking unbalanced.. just build it as first item and there's your win
Vulf

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Where have you been for like.. 3 years? This is nothing new at all.
Feast

Vulf wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Where have you been for like.. 3 years? This is nothing new at all.
I don't know... the last 10 champions were not all op (Vel'Koz not op, Gnar was not op before buffs, Azir was completly bugged, Bard was... really bad) but gotta agree a lot of them were completly broken (Jinx, Yasuo, Ekko, Rek'Sai, Braum, Kalista...)
Justykanna
I'm kinda hoping they focus on reworks (*coough*Gangplank) rather than releases but I have little confidence that that's their focus.
OzzyOzrock
PBE looks super stale right now. I wanted something to do besides get dino skins. Bleh.
Vulf

Justykanna wrote:

I'm kinda hoping they focus on reworks (*coough*Gangplank) rather than releases but I have little confidence that that's their focus.
It was their focus for like 3 months at the end of season 3.
The lack of "real" reworks is one reason I quit this game.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Justykanna wrote:

It was their focus for like 3 months at the end of season 3.
The lack of "real" reworks is one reason I quit this game.
Basically when I didn't really play yet lol.
It's not enough to make me quit because I still like the game. Just a preference thing to me.
Aurani
It's exactly because of everyone whining about balance and reworks that they made the game so goddamn generic and meh in terms of quality.

EVERY champion back in the day used to be OP in one way or another (except Urgot, because fuck Urgot), and starting s3, when LoL became a giant, all the casual fucks started searching for EVERY flaw that might make a champion "OP" and spam Riot to nerf it.

If you think current champions are broken, you should've seen AP Yi's laning phase. Still, it wasn't hard to kill him at all with proper plays and CC. People just declare every champion as OP when they find it too much of a bother to actually THINK of a way to counter them and put some effort into killing them.

Of all the recently released champions, Kalista is the only SERIOUSLY broken as fuck one.
PyaKura
What, do you mean you'd prefer the return of stuff like AP Yi over what they have been doing over the past 2 years ? Yeah because Nida throwing spears from 2 miles away and chunking down 90% of your health was OP and perfectly balanced as well.
L M A O

And no not every champion was OP, so far I think they've done great with the changes compared to what it was like at that time. Yeah because look, they've made outdated champs viable again, added counterplay to stuff like Nidalee and Yi (!!! Oh noes counterplay what do we do they're not OP anymore QQ) and fixed flawed mechanics to prevent abuse.

OF COURSE they have done many stupid changes over time, but honestly I prefer how the game is now, with a couple champions being actually OP because of the changes they're trying to make (I'd say why not) than over a dozen being OP because they were poorly designed from the beginning.
K only thing I actually dislike is how their changes turned the meta into a dps tank fest but I can live with that.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

Of all the recently released champions, Kalista is the only SERIOUSLY broken as fuck one.
Kalista can't kill tanks.
Aurani
Everyone has their own opinion, and I'm no different. The reasons I mentioned above is why I'll love s1-s2 above all the other seasons, not only because it was more fun to play champions that weren't sterile, generic fucks, but because the community was also more warm and welcoming than it is today, sadly.

What do you mean she can't kill tanks? She can kite virtually anyone in the game and stack those spears to infinity, and suddenly you wonder where 90% of your HP went.
EneT

Aurani wrote:

What do you mean she can't kill tanks? She can kite virtually anyone in the game and stack those spears to infinity, and suddenly you wonder where 90% of your HP went.
Well she can, but in teamfights it renders her useless since her rend does no damage to tanks; it literally does no damage. In order for her to kill tanks, she has to go for a crit build sacrificing the runaan's which is something only Korean players do. That being said, I do highly prefer going for a crit build with Kalista, she just feels so much stronger and it's a lot easier to carry; no idea why people still go for runaan's, BT, BOTRK.
Aurani
That's true, yes, but before all the teamfights come around the 25th minute mark, she can eat her lane opponents alive, and hopefully get ahead enough so as to not have THAT much of a problem with tanks later on.

It entirely depends, really.
Jenny
meanwhile, playing ranked on EUW is still as frustrating as ever..
Aurani
Where are you? Silver? Gold? Challenger? :V
Jenny
Currently Plat V since my provisionals went 2-8; previously P1 with average game MMR of D3-- pretty annoying, but I'm not really playing ranked anywhere enough to get out of it anymore after my hands got injured
Blaziken

Jenny wrote:

meanwhile, playing ranked on EUW is still as frustrating as ever..
Speaking of such, when the team just wont end.
Aurani
Suddenly, every Bronze, Silver and Gold player looks at you in disgust as they reflect on the Hell they went through and are currently going through. :p

I know for a fact that every tier can be annoying as fuck, but up there it's not even close to what you'd experience in lower ones, like Silver, where most people reside.
That's the whole reason I only go through my provisionals to see where I'd randomly end up in, and then wait until the next seasons' provisionals to do the same. I just find ranked too frustrating, not because of my own personality (I hardly EVER get down from someone else being a moron - I rather enjoy it and laugh at it), but because of the sheer stupidity most people there are displaying.

I hope you get into Diamond before the end of the season, though. :p

Off-topic:
I'm dying. I'm literally dying here.
Dainesl
I don't even, what is that xD

On-topic: People claim they go through Hell to climb one tier but to be honest that can be traced back to them and how they performed, at least, in my opinion. I wouldn't say it's terribly difficult to climb from, say, Silver to Gold, but failing promos a whole bunch is the absolute worst :c

I know of one dude who failed their Silver 2 -> 1 promos like, 10 times, and then there's me who only failed their Gold 4 -> 3 promos like once...and that dude is still in Silver 2 ;_;
Jenny
I used to be in Silver, I know the struggles - despite that, Plat feels like the worst, considering people always have the "potential" to do something but keep disappointing you so extremely direly every single time.

Bronze, Silver and Gold you can just assume everyone's gonna feed and suck at mechanics, in Platinum it's a somewhat mixed bag so it really hits you meanly x:
Aurani
Yes, I can agree with that.
In Plat, from experience, people tend to (just like you said) have the potential to make incredible plays, but not only do they constantly fail to live up to your expectations, they also think they're entitled to at least high Diamond, not Plat, so they behave like total goddamn assholes.

Silver is worse, but in a different way. People there feel demoralised from the mere fact that they're Silver, and not Gold (something a lot of Silver-ranked people dream about every night), so they give no fucks about whether or not their mechanics are equal to those of a guy without arms, or if they'll feed and quit. They just lack the fucks to give about the game itself, mostly out of self-pity or on the other extreme end - complete self-centered behaviour, even more so than those Plats.
EneT
Plats are the worst; filled with tryhards that think they're good when they don't even deserve any better. Once you start getting high Diamond games start getting more and more chill.
Jordan

EneT wrote:

Plats are the worst; filled with tryhards that think they're good when they don't even deserve any better. Once you start getting high Diamond games start getting more and more chill.
"X tier is the worst" has been said for literally every tier :p
-SayaKai

EneT wrote:

Bronze are worst too
Aurani
Bronze are, in my opinion, one of the most laid-back and kindest people on ranked. Yes, they might be terrible game-wise, but not many actually rage and feed deliberately, unlike virtually every other tier up to Diamond.
Conor
Feast
Incarnation hype
show more