forum

How Big is your OSU! Folder?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Terugane
I was wondering if anyone else out there has tried to collect every ranked beatmap like I have and if so how big is it compared to mine =P.
Friendan
*osu!
how do you have over 30,000 beatmaps but only 2,000 plays? I have 7,896.
Topic Starter
Terugane

Friendan wrote:

*osu!
how do you have over 30,000 beatmaps but only 2,000 plays? I have 7,896.
lol well I wanted them all but have not really made the time to play them all also been playing the ones I like first.
LigerZero
small size
sunpum
4.00 KB (4,096 bytes) and I have 559 beatmaps
Friendan

sunpum wrote:

4.00 KB
a single difficulty is 6 KB, this isn't correct.
Yuudachi-kun
I have 2549 beatmaps.
sunpum

Friendan wrote:

sunpum wrote:

4.00 KB
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong folder XD

welp, I cant find the right one :T
Topic Starter
Terugane
Is there a torrent out with all the bitmaps? I was thinking maybe it would be ok to upload it?I do not know really what I would need to do to make that ok to do.
Mofu kun

Terugane wrote:

Is there a torrent out with all the bitmaps? I was thinking maybe it would be ok to upload it?I do not know really what I would need to do to make that ok to do.
*beatmaps

ot:
Topic Starter
Terugane
yea I get there are beatmap packs but are you really willing to download 400+ different zip files or just take them all in one torrent download?the answer is obsequious if you are smart.
Conor
Alucard

Friendan wrote:

sunpum wrote:

4.00 KB
If only!
Alucard

Conor wrote:

I've used the torrent method to download all the packs at least 5 times. I'm an avid factory resetter when it comes to my computer. You can also use a program that takes Mediafire links and puts them all into one package for extraction, instead of having to do it 400+ times. Internet Download Manager is an example of a program that does this. The program below is how I did it the first time.

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/29498. After more research of beatmaps, I never used linkgrabbers again (since I got sick of having to grab the links myself) and instead started using torrent hosting sites. The main ones I used have been taken down due to the hosters not wanting to work on them anymore. The only torrent hoster I've been able to find since is http://osu.hiramiya.me/torrents.htm.

On topic, this is how many beatmaps I had the last time I took a screenshot of it. The game itself is 84.1 GB.
Nice post, might do this myself.
Raiken-
drum drum
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings
Seizure

still don't have enough maps
eeezzzeee
Despite my best efforts of regularly deleting shitmaps stuff I don't want to play it's still larger than I thought.

Gumpy

drum drum wrote:

Moved to Gameplay & Rankings
t/83913 uhm
Full Tablet
Miko
Endaris
28,5 GB at the moment but I still have some GB of Beatmap-Packs I didn't extract into the osu! directory yet cause well - not quite through with what I have at the moment.
Toph
show more