forum

Best way to restore reading?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bauxe
PLAYING MORE IS COMMON SENSE PLEASE JUST USE FUCKING COMMON SENSE 99% OF THREADS POSTED HERE ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT COMMON SENSE IS HOLY SHIT ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PLAY MORE OSU IS IT THAT HARD
GoldenWolf

Bauxe wrote:

PLAYING MORE IS COMMON SENSE PLEASE JUST USE FUCKING COMMON SENSE 99% OF THREADS POSTED HERE ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT COMMON SENSE IS HOLY SHIT ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PLAY MORE OSU IS IT THAT HARD
but how do I play more
Yuudachi-kun

GoldenWolf wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

but how do I play more
I don't think I can answer your question with "play more"; please try again.
Nathan
hi im just a bypasser

SPOILER
P L A Y M O R E
Endaris
Stop playing AR9. Or play easy.
Dunno why you're playing 4+ star maps on a regular basis at your rank cause i don't.
Whenever I'm playing one of those maps where AR9 actually makes sense due to density i notice my eyes spacing out and my hand going wild unconsciously and i even though I'm hitting most stuff I know that I'm not in full control.
bigfeh

Endaris wrote:

Dunno why you're playing 4+ star maps on a regular basis at your rank cause i don't.
Whenever I'm playing one of those maps where AR9 actually makes sense due to density i notice my eyes spacing out and my hand going wild unconsciously and i even though I'm hitting most stuff I know that I'm not in full control.
How you got to this rank while not even playing 4 star maps is beyond me

oh no wait, it isn't. 90pp farm, I forget
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

Play more.
7ambda

Aeterna wrote:

I'm wanting actual feed back. the Generic "play more." Doesn't help anyone. I'm wanting advice on what i should be playing to get back into things. If your not gonna provide actually constructive feed back, go troll someones elses question.
Welcome to the gameplay & rankings section, where anyone is an ass to people complaining about personal problems.
ZenithPhantasm

Bauxe wrote:

PLAY THE FUCKING GAME
ithgyu

GoldenWolf wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

but how do I play more
you ask people in G&R
ZenithPhantasm

II Jelli II wrote:

you ask people in G&R
play more
trebby

Bauxe wrote:

Play more.

bigfeh wrote:

Read mroe

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play Moe

otoed1 wrote:

Playmore

bigfeh wrote:

play more

bigfeh wrote:

Post more.

bigfeh wrote:

play more

Bauxe wrote:

PLAYING MORE

Bauxe wrote:

PLAY MORE OSU IS IT THAT HARD

Kheldragar wrote:

"play more"

sukiNathan wrote:

P L A Y M O R E

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Play more.

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

PLAY THE FUCKING GAME

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

play more
Play more.
Fatal3ty
Oh god, too much spam. I'll give you prefer the reasonable advice. Game with the right skin that lets you play you good optics is at the second place. Only the right Hitcircle reveals the accuracy, there's different in person. I can not, for example with "Azer" or "WubWoofWolf-skin" to play, because I do not get along it. I take, I can play. And play the maps that you managed to B or A to play on S. Full Combo and good accuracy, it says more than just C fit. And do not overdo it. Games only times the AR8 maps by. :D

You have to improve "Hit Accuracy" in any case. Please check on your profile, then you know it. Until a few days I was about to 91% and have been corrected me. Only good accuracy and high combo is counted more .. :)
pandaBee
If ~5.49 maps are too hard for you to read, try reading maps that are easier. I know that 5* and below might feel too slow for you, but give it a shot, maybe it will help.
Illkryn
gamma
gregest

B-] wrote:

gamma
Bauxe
Is drum drum on vacation?
-sev
Play less
Karuta-_old_1
seriously please play something easier for your rank

I am not saying you can't but playing easier song is better than retrying them, or just mashing through them
Endaris

bigfeh wrote:

Endaris wrote:

How you got to this rank while not even playing 4 star maps is beyond me

oh no wait, it isn't. 90pp farm, I forget
How you got this rank with having only 31 Scores with S or SS is beyond me
Oh wait, you spammed them all the way through and aren't playing a consistent star spread with huge variety like I am.
Cool story, bro.
PS: I define 4 stars from 4.00-4.99; not like the client with 3.50-4.49
bigfeh

Endaris wrote:

How you got this rank with having only 31 Scores with S or SS is beyond me
Oh wait, you spammed them all the way through and aren't playing a consistent star spread with huge variety like I am.
Cool story, bro.
PS: I define 4 stars from 4.00-4.99; not like the client with 3.50-4.49
Oh, right. That range explains a lot

And I've already mentioned that I don't give a fuck about my rank, hence the lack of willpower to fc shit
Endaris
Yea, it's obvious that you don't and you could probably easily get to 30k in no time.
Just wanted to point out that I think my rank is completely normal for what I'm playing and that it isn't for OP who doesnt seem to play anything below 4.0star/AR9 and has worse acc than Khel.
And reading gets harder with lower AR and higher density -> good reading develops through dense-mapped AR8 or Easymode
Nyxa
Play more maps with EZ and FL
Volcanism
You could try looking at each circle individually and making sure you're going to hit them, instead of assuming you'll hit them just because you know they're there.
Bengon

Aeterna wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Why don't you just play the maps you were playing before until it gets better?
Playing more is very generic and there are better ways of explaining when it comes to advice on relearning patterns etc, Play more can mean anything from 7+ stars to 1 star, and there are better ways of getting used to complex patterns again then just "play more."
Play more Big Black and you'll definitely git gud OP ;)

But no really just work on getting consistent Accuracy over shit FC plays. I used to do the same and now I jumped from 92% Avg accuracy to like 97% and I play 50% better than before.
Infevo
spam skystar maps with ez mod to restore reading skills and get master at it.

Bengon wrote:

But the track is making my ears bleed =( and so does the map with my eyes...

Tess wrote:

Play more maps with EZ and FL

FL doesn't help much with reading other than follow point reads. FL is great though if you like becomming epileptic.
ZenithPhantasm

Bengon wrote:

But no really just work on getting consistent Accuracy over shit FC plays. I used to do the same and now I jumped from 92% Avg accuracy to like 97% and I play 50% better than before.
This and I wish I was the cat in your avatar
Bengon

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I wish I was the cat in your avatar
SPOILER

b-baka

thelewa wrote:

Add this to accuracy as an easy way to practice: If you have really bad accuracy then just try to really look at the approach circles and really try to get acc that is above 97%, increase this minimum accuracy once you get better at it, capping out at 99%. Going for SS is useless for your general accuracy if you use a billion tries for it, so it's not worth the effort. Eventually something will click into place and accuracy will get easier.
Really good advice on getting better Accuracy here. Your Acc OP from your profile is like 90% so try getting 91% Acc or higher on songs you play and slowly work your way up. Once you get to 91% go for 92%, etc.
Insyni
Play more things you can get A-S rank on? If you are playing other things then your reading will probably get worse.

Also try to stick to the AR you are trying to read.
-Makishima S-
Why just don't play whatever you want and progress?
Why the fuck everyone search for golden hits how to click circles?

Best golden rule for almost every question "How i become a cookiezi" is PLAY MORE WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT.
And you still will not surrpass a God.

Just play.
beldaran

CptBlackBird wrote:

B-] wrote:

gamma
Actually tried to move the slider on that for some reason. thx.

But yeah "play more" is really the best answer. Use a nice skin that lets you see the hit circles better. I know for me once I hit around 70k~ rank I figured out I could make the hit sounds louder. Might give that a shot to help with rhythm as well. Take it slow. Don't rush. Play some easier maps to get back into the groove of things.
Infevo

aisakatayga wrote:

Why just don't play whatever you want and progress?
Why the fuck everyone search for golden hits how to click circles?

Best golden rule for almost every question "How i become a cookiezi" is PLAY MORE WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT.
And you still will not surrpass a God.

Just play.
if you want to improve at something effectively and with efficiency (doesn't matter if it's osu! or something else) there will always be methods and ways to do this instead of mindlessly wasting one's time and just spending time on things one likes but doesn't necessarily need to improve at.

and no, cookiezi didn't just play what he wanted all day. he specifically kept retrying certain sections with different settings, meticulously abusing the power of the editor to review passages and altered them according to his needs to get better at something. this principle applies to anybody who is really good at something.

you will never get better if you don't specifically target your weak spots which limit your overall potential. if someone has the reading, the aim and acc but lacks enormously in terms of stamina he will simply fail miserably at marathon or stream maps. Now if he spent more time on this weak point and increased his stamina so it wouldn't limit his other strengths any longer he will save himself a lot of time by not simply playing what he likes (which often equals what he already can play).

"play more" seems to be the one and only holy grail of answers to all questions in game and life. to me it is just another way to admit one is an ignorant scumbag in search for trouble. it never helped anyone who asked specifically how to get better at a certain area and improve one parameter in one's skillset. never.

you can play for 10 years all you like. this, however, in most cases won't improve you overall as a player. even if you played a lot. I mean, only because one might like playing 2 star maps all day I wouldn't recommend doing so if this particular person wanted to improve a lot streaming e.g. Won't help at all.

There are different kinds of practice maps for a reason. square jump compilation, diverse stream compilations, triple/quad/double practice, jump streams, spaced streams etc. it is not like anyone who plays these maps automatically has to enjoy it. practice not always is fun but it can be rewarding which results in even greater fun.

i would never have learned to improvise guitar solos if i didn't spend many afternoons sitting down and shredding scales, arpeggious and had a lot of practice improvising first. was it always fun to sit down and spam the same thing allover again? of course, not. was it worth it? hell yeah, it was!
-sev
Maybe if people played more instead of writing walls of text, they'd actually improve.
Yuudachi-kun
Speak for yourself.
-Makishima S-

Kheldragar wrote:

Speak for yourself.
Infevo

Kaienyuu wrote:

Maybe if people played more instead of writing walls of text, they'd actually improve.
Sometimes reeling in some advice here and there might help out people during the "play more" part how to efficiently use the time playing.

I often get the impression certain people just sit all day on these forums waiting for the next thread to be posted so they can paste their "play more" retardation for whatever reasons they might feel entitled to keep doing so... kinda sad very few actually try to reply on-topic and help out with specific advice.
bigfeh

Infevo wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

Sometimes reeling in some advice here and there might help out people during the "play more" part how to efficiently use the time playing.

I often get the impression certain people just sit all day on these forums waiting for the next thread to be posted so they can paste their "play more" retardation for whatever reasons they might feel entitled to keep doing so... kinda sad very few actually try to reply on-topic and help out with specific advice.
Specific advice doesn't exist unless you are the player in question, in which case there is no thread to begin with

Thing is, whenever you play more, you're practicing consistency in what you're good at (say, square jumps) and practicing whatever it is you suck at (e.g. streams). So you're getting better at both streams and square jumps if you play a map that has both. You don't need to practice specific stuff to get better at it in this game. Practicing jumping and general aim will most definitely improve your square jumps, for example.

And we've all gone through this: don't compare osu! to anything else, because this game is as simple as it gets. It's literally just clicking circles, at all skill levels (while the guitar is something significantly more complex).

Play more = git gud. That's literally all there is to say.
Infevo
Yeah osu! seems simple but so do a lot of other things in life and as simple as it seems it is not as easy to get good at it simply by clicking circles randomly.

I could think of at least a dozen parameters which can determine the overall skill of an osu! player. each and every of these parameters can be trained very specifically if you just know how. i wouldn't suggest to train everything individually but it can work wonders to target one's weak spots specifically if done right.

of course it is self explanatory at first what to advice someone who has trouble with a particular point (e.g. streaming). you can be a total douche and just tell him to play more. if you're trying to help but don't know how to do so in particular you can tell him to stream more; doesn't make you much less of a douche imho. but you can actually even try to help out and suggest very concrete exercise like specific maps or methods.
bigfeh

Infevo wrote:

Yeah osu! seems simple but so do a lot of other things in life and as simple as it seems it is not as easy to get good at it simply by clicking circles randomly.

I could think of at least a dozen parameters which can determine the overall skill of an osu! player. each and every of these parameters can be trained very specifically if you just know how. i wouldn't suggest to train everything individually but it can work wonders to target one's weak spots specifically if done right.

of course it is self explanatory at first what to advice someone who has trouble with a particular point (e.g. streaming). you can be a total douche and just tell him to play more. if you're trying to help but don't know how to do so in particular you can tell him to stream more; doesn't make you much less of a douche imho. but you can actually even try to help out and suggest very concrete exercise like specific maps or methods.
Can't link maps if I don't know where they're at. "Bad" is about as subjective as it gets
GoldenWolf
osu! is literally the easiest game ever: You click circles.
How do you get good at clicking circles? You click more circles. That's all is there to it. The "tips" and "tricks" you might find here and there, for example how to hold a pen/mouse, is based on a personal experience and might or might not work for you.

There is no universal way to play osu!, everyone devellop their own style based on what they find personally comfortable. "But how to find what works for you?" => Play more. Try different setups, different way to hold your mouse/pen, using different keys if you use a keyboard, using a different position to play, etc.
That's about what you can tell someone, but they have to figure out themselves what works for them.
If you want to get better at something in particular, jumps or streams or whatever, you simply play more of those. Getting better at osu! is painfully obvious, you just have to play more. The most specific I could get would be; Play more what you're bad at.

Literally the easiest game ever.
show more