forum

Hand pain from osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kawaii kriaz
About me: I'm left handed but I play osu! with the pen in my right hand, I started playing with a pen a few months ago.

My problem!: I took a break from osu! for a few weeks and I recently started paying again but I noticed that when I play I tend to get a lot of pain in my right hand(pen). I've tried new grips but they don't seem to help, I already get the pain in my hand when I play just 1 map which results in my hand shaking.

I was wondering if any of you guys had this as well and if there is anything that could possibly help since I want to keep playing osu!

Thanks for the read :oops:
Mahogany
Man up and deal with it or quit and forever be a loser

take breaks
4mpy
If your hand hurts and is shaky after just one map, then something could be wrong. It would help if you took another break imo.

I hope you get well!
Topic Starter
kawaii kriaz
Alright I'll take more short breaks every so often when I'm playing but I still feel like it's weird that before this longer break I didn't really have any pain unless I played for too many hours straight. I think it might be that I hold the pen in a poor way so is there any recommended grips or is it all personal preference?
Mahogany
I hold my pen as I would for writing, but I hear that doesn't work well for larger areas, as I use a very small area.
Yuudachi-kun
I hold my pen like this. To combat the fact that I hate my thumb grip slipping further towards the middle of my thumb instead of the edge, I've started pressing down really hard with my thumb and now the entire right side of my thumb has been half numb for a week. It doesn't go away.

Topic Starter
kawaii kriaz
Thanks guys! I'm going to try holding my pen like I would hold a normal pen, I used to hold it randomly somewhere in the middle of the length of the pen since I didn't really know how I should properly hold my pen for osu! as I'm left handed.

I'll try sticking to holding a pen like I would with my left hand and having a smaller area, how small is the area you guys use? I'm wondering so I can adjust mine to a proper area to get used to. Again thanks :D
Mahogany
I use an area of 2x1.13 inches, I know Kheldragar uses 4x2.23 inches, both fullscreen, idk about anyone else here.
Yuudachi-kun
4.17x2.34*
Mahogany
That's close enough that I still consider myself correct
Topic Starter
kawaii kriaz
Alright, thank you guys very much! I hope things will go up from here and maybe I can 119k instead of 118k.

But for real, I think this will help my hand and my play so thanks again :^)
ZenithPhantasm
I use full area CTH-470 803x452 windowed res when I feel like playing tablet which is almost never.
Kouya-

Mahoganytooth wrote:

take breaks
Illkryn
Usually going to the doctors is helpful for pains 8-)
Topic Starter
kawaii kriaz
FYI I changed grips and it helped, I don't get pain in my hand anymore ~_~
ZenithPhantasm
Play less
drum drum
we're done c: