forum

Best keyboard for osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yousie
What do you prefer? because im looking for a new one, i don't like the one i got ^^
Synpoo

SPOILER
no but seriously i use the corsair k70 which i really really like
Noobsicle
a mechanical keyboard would be a great investment, excluding razer unless you don't mind risk getting a faulty product and replacing it

cheap but decent quality ones: cm storm quickfire tk, corsair k65 (lacks numpad though), steelseries 6gv2 and some others that i don't know of
decent: any ducky, corsair k70 rgb for the lights (although buggy software pisses people off), logitech g910 / steelseries apex m800 / other new expensive as shit switch-type keyboard

i hope you like reading
FrzR
Ducky Zero kbs are the best for budget.
Gumpy

Noobsicle wrote:

a mechanical keyboard would be a great investment, excluding razer unless you don't mind risk getting a faulty product and replacing it

cm storm quickfire tk
I use one of those it's nice, had it for almost a year now.
Topic Starter
Yousie

Synpoo wrote:

SPOILER
no but seriously i use the corsair k70 which i really really like
Haha , i got one sorta like that. (that dell one of course)
Topic Starter
Yousie

Noobsicle wrote:

cheap but decent quality ones: cm storm quickfire tk, corsair k65 (lacks numpad though), steelseries 6gv2 and some others that i don't know of
decent: any ducky, corsair k70 rgb for the lights (although buggy software pisses people off), logitech g910 / steelseries apex m800 / other new expensive as shit switch-type keyboard

i hope you like reading
I got a razor keyboard from 2007 right now (lycesa) and ive had no problems but its very very loud and its clunky (keys are not soft) , my brother is using a old dell keyboard other then a razor because of its faulty keys they get stuck and sometimes don't hold down.

So i think this would be good for me https://ebgames.com.au/pc-200173-CM-Sto ... -MX-Red-PC
deletemyaccount

yousie6 wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

i hope you like reading
I got a razor keyboard from 2007 right now (lycesa) and ive had no problems but its very very loud and its clunky (keys are not soft) , my brother is using a old dell keyboard other then a razor because of its faulty keys they get stuck and sometimes don't hold down.

So i think this would be good for me https://ebgames.com.au/pc-200173-CM-Sto ... -MX-Red-PC
Yeah, that would be great for osu! cherry red switches are the best for this game.
Noobsicle

yousie6 wrote:

that's strange, scissor switch keyboards shouldn't be that loud. mechanical keyboards aren't soft either but they feel a lot better than rubberdomes / scissor switches, they can get pretty loud if you slam your keys

also nice find, get that board pls
trebby
Corsair k70 (One of the best red switch keyboards out there)
Quickfire Storm TK (or not tk, also a really nice keyboard, it comes with red, blue, or brown switches)
Steelseries 6GV2 (a nice black switch keyboard)
Logitech G710+ (a nice brown switch keyboard)
Ducky Shine (any version, it has custom switches and backlight colors)
Any old mechanical switch keyboard (seriously, a mechanical keyboard is all you need for osu.)

If you don't want to drop a crap ton of money on a mechanical keyboard, just buy a numpad.

Those keyboards are nice for going into osu. Keep in mind, some of them are expensive. But worth it.
Vuelo Eluko
i use steelseires g6v1 or some shit prwetty dope keyabrod woudl rcoemmdn
ZenithPhantasm

Noobsicle wrote:

I can confirm my x keycap's stem shattered. Replacing with a SS Apex M800 in near future.
bigfeh

Noobsicle wrote:

razer products are faulty by definition
winber1
Mofu kun

Synpoo wrote:

i use that one
xasuma
red switch are nice.

search for similar topics though, there is a bunch,.
B1rd
In my opinion, browns are the best by far. Since they're tactile they're better for typing, and the bump really makes proper stream form easier because you can tell when your finger has activated the key.
[-Aki-]_old_1

Noobsicle wrote:

i hope you like reading

quick fire rapid is made by costar (filco, das) where as the tk is Ione, which makes it better than the tk imo. other than that this post is perfect
DahplA

winber1 wrote:

http://www.rosewill.com/landingpage/pk9000/rk_9000.html
Just when you thought he posts something relevant...
Noobsicle

[-Aki-] wrote:

quick fire rapid is made by costar (filco, das) where as the tk is Ione, which makes it better than the tk imo. other than that this post is perfect
i was going to mention the qfr but the sad thing is they're very rare in australia now, only way to get them is buying them 2nd hand and idk if amazon ships keyboards to australia or w/e (even if they do, rip shipping costs)

although there is the quick fire rapid-i, don't know if the oem is the same as rapid but it should be because it looks exactly the same (just with added leds)

my 2 year old tk still feels brand new so it's not too bad
Yuudachi-kun
I like the CM Quickfire ultimate
bigfeh

DahplA wrote:

winber1 wrote:

http://www.rosewill.com/landingpage/pk9000/rk_9000.html
Just when you thought he posts something relevant...
I have to admit he got me too

@thread
MX reds are good switches but cherry's not the only good brand, or so I hear

I can strongly recommend Steelseries because I've had mostly good experiences with them. The 6Gv2 is legendary and the Apex M800 might be my next keyboard. People will bitch about the M800 however, as Steelseries' proprietary switches are manufactured by Kailh
ZenithPhantasm
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-apex-m800-customizable-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

Only low profile mech :o
I have the original apex and I love it

That might be my next keyboard because low profile master race
Mahogany
I use a CM Storm Trigger with Black Switches

I want to try red switches someday I hear they're great :/
bigfeh

Mahoganytooth wrote:

I use a CM Storm Trigger with Black Switches

I want to try red switches someday I hear they're great :/
Main difference will be the activation force. Think lighter keys
Mahogany
Yeah, I saw someone saying it was like "Typing on air"
bigfeh

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Yeah, I saw someone saying it was like "Typing on air"
Compared to blacks that might actually be a fair assessment
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-apex-m800-customizable-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

I have the original apex and I love it

That might be my next keyboard because low profile master race
Im preordering mines tmw! I will maybe write a review :o
Noobsicle

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

cherry mx board 3.0 was one of the first low profile mechs but for some reason not many people know about them (is also hvicks keyboard me thinks ok maybe not but it definitely looks like a cherry board)

it's a shame because it's cheap and probably really good quality because cherry is cherry

reds are a cloud of oppai
ZenithPhantasm

Noobsicle wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

cherry mx board 3.0 was one of the first low profile mechs but for some reason not many people know about them (is also hvicks keyboard me thinks ok maybe not but it definitely looks like a cherry board)

it's a shame because it's cheap and probably really good quality because cherry is cherry

reds are a cloud of oppai
It only features low profile keycaps which do not reduce travel distance at all unless you oring it. The Apex M800 is the first mainstream true low profile mech. On that note preordering mines tmw. Rip 230$.
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

It only features low profile keycaps which do not reduce travel distance at all unless you oring it. The Apex M800 is the first mainstream true low profile mech. On that note preordering mines tmw. Rip 230$.
gibe it to me plos

Also on a more serious note (not that I wasn't serious when I asked for it) please do tell how you like it in case you really don't want to send it my way because I'm seriously considering it as my next kb
ZenithPhantasm

bigfeh wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

gibe it to me plos

Also on a more serious note (not that I wasn't serious when I asked for it) please do tell how you like it in case you really don't want to send it my way because I'm seriously considering it as my next kb
I will write a review one day but that day wont be for another month as a half. The US release date is May 1st and no word yet on a global release.
Noobsicle

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

touché
wowow ~$270 in aus, at least it's in stock lol.....
ZenithPhantasm

Noobsicle wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

touché
wowow ~$270 in aus, at least it's in stock lol.....
200$USD=258$AUD

You're getting ripped off m8
ZenithPhantasm

6 more weeks and I will be able to write you guys a review.
Novalogic
A little bit off topic - I searched for a while but couldn't find any info on brown mx switches. Are there any good players using them? How do they feel while playing compared to reds / blues? I would appreciate if someone who actually uses them replied. Also - the keyboard i am interested in has only mx brown switches available, so i can't get any other unless i customize it myself.
ZenithPhantasm

Novalogic wrote:

A little bit off topic - I searched for a while but couldn't find any info on brown mx switches. Are there any good players using them? How do they feel while playing compared to reds / blues? I would appreciate if someone who actually uses them replied. Also - the keyboard i am interested in has only mx brown switches available, so i can't get any other unless i customize it myself.
I use Razer Orange which is a copy of the MX Browns. Compared to my broken K60's MX Reds they feel a bit heavier. There's also the tactile bump.

TL;DR: Im faster with reds.
bigfeh

Novalogic wrote:

don't go for what "good players" use. Go for what you like

also, here is more info on the browns
show more