forum

How to Play osu! Like a Pro Megathread

posted
Total Posts
show more
M i l o t i c

lukewarmholiday wrote:

If you have the money, see if you enjoy a tablet.
ok
Frizz
1800dpi user reporting in
SPOILER

lolno
G0r
If you have the money, see if you enjoy playing like Cookiezi.

Actually, you're not playing with 1800DPI. You have the base DPI set to 1800 and the sensitivity lowers it by 65%... You are actually using 630 DPI. Congratulations, you're a low DPI user! I'd like to add that you could get better resolution out of the sensor, probably, if you were to go down to 900 DPI and lower it to around 630 from that.
ann_old

Frizz925 wrote:

lol

G0r wrote:

You are actually using 630 DPI. Congratulations, you're a low DPI user!
630 is still way too high
G0r
Hah, yeah. I noticed that. Why not go all the way and set the polling to 1000?

630 is pretty low, heh, unless your resolution is really small.
ann_old
I actually play 450dpi with 1920x1080 fullscreen though, and anything higher = hi edge of screen
G0r
I'm sure it feels like that for some people. Especially if you're very used to it. I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't have any acceleration and leave that bit out.
ann_old

G0r wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't have any acceleration and leave that bit out.
Yep
darkmiz

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Taiko

Just cause they're big, doesn't mean you have to mash both keys.
Sometimes alternating between sides on your drum (like, mine are G H for left and right don(center), and T Y for left and right kat(rim), can mess your timing
I don't agree with these two points.
You should always drum both sides for every big note. Even if you can't do it fast, you have to train it from the beginning.
Alternating is a must when playing fast notes, so practice it early on slow notes. Don't be lazy and single tap slow notes.
Frizz

xann wrote:

Frizz925 wrote:

lol
There's no real notable difference between 500hz and 1000hz other than unreasonably loading up your CPU even more. Also 1000hz is unstable.

G0r wrote:

Actually, you're not playing with 1800DPI. You have the base DPI set to 1800 and the sensitivity lowers it by 65%... You are actually using 630 DPI. Congratulations, you're a low DPI user! I'd like to add that you could get better resolution out of the sensor, probably, if you were to go down to 900 DPI and lower it to around 630 from that.
So you noticed, that's good. However that is 2.5 sensitivity right there, not 3.0. Which means I actually play with 450dpi.
ann_old
So you don't get mouse drift at 500Hz? What a fortunate person you are.
However I never noticed any problems with my CPU from using 1000Hz, I guess that's just luck on my side.
G0r
I am .99 sure that you had your slider on the 3.5 position. :\ Why did you remove the image, which showed that? >.> There's nothing wrong with that DPI... Don't worry if this guy says 450 is better. I personally use 750, and I feel it's a very low DPI for me, and fits me at the moment. I may go down eventually, but not right now. Although, I admit it's hard to read the slider on the Razer sensitivity. Maybe we're both seeing different things because of where we start on it. I take 10 to be 100% and then go down by increments of 5. Are you starting at .5 as 5% and 1 as 10% and going up? I think that must be how you are reading it. The slider technically does not have enough room for a 100% scale. If you read the bottom mark as being 5%, then the 10 position is only 90%. Very awkward, and can't be right. If you read the top mark as 100%, though, then it makes more sense, since you can assume that it does not allow for you to take less than 15% of a DPI base. I always found that an oddity. Maybe that's where the confusion is.

About 1000 polling rate, it's always said that it adds strain to your CPU, but on a modern computer this strain is minimal. If you can game on it, then the odds are that it can take it without breaking a sweat. I am not sure about the veracity of claims that it causes mice to drift. I've personally never noticed any difference in drift between the different polling settings, and I normally get very little. My philosophy is that it speeds up the reaction of the device by something like a millisecond, and while that is very small, I am willing to take whatever edge I can get. That's just my philosophy, though, and there's no shame in using 500 on that either. However, I'd be very interested in seeing any proof of mouse drift at 1000.
Frizz
The number placement on the driver sensitivity settings is off. The one from On-the-Fly Sensitivity is far more reliable and accurate.
ann_old
My computer is crud though. I could just be very lucky.
FrzR

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Catch the Beat
Use shift to move faster.
yeah.. :|
puellamagi123
OH MY GOD!!! IT'S WORKING THANK YOU THANK YOU ARIGATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE MADE IT FARTHER THAN I EVER HAVE ON SOME HARD LEVELS NOW! (I WOULD LOSE IN ABOUT 5 SECONDS FROM THE FIRST CIRCLE/SLIDER/SPINNER BUT NOW IT'S LIKE 45 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY AVERAGE LOSING POINT IS WAY BETTER NOW YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I Give Up
Time st..... you know what? nm. post more.
xGx

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Catch the Beat

Use shift to move faster.
AwesomeSause1
also in taiko use Z and X instead of the mouse keys
ZenithPhantasm
Inb4 drum drum locks for necroposting.
drum drum

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Inb4 drum drum locks for necroposting.
you bet