forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
Giralda

Elly-chan wrote:

Giralda wrote:

AHH... Absolutely perfect, oh my gosh... Is there anything in particular you would like in return? YwY
Nothing specific really. If you have anything interesting that you're giving out just list them and I'll have a look!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Although the shiny Beldum with Metagrossite distribution has ended, the Reckless Emboar and Shell Armor Samurott distributions (Japan only via serial code) are available!

EDIT: Speaking of which, someone from another community I'm part of generously traded me both a Shell Armor Oshawott and Thick Fat (which later becomes Reckless) Tepig even though I only asked for the Oshawott.

While I was trying to breed for 4-5 IV Oshawott, I somehow managed to get both a male and female with Shell Armor (of course)... WITH BOTH ALSO HAVING 6 IVS! Hopefully this means I'll breed nothing but 5-6 IV ones now~

EDIT 2: Uhh... nvm... Considering I'm trying to breed for a specific Nature as well, using a 6 IV parent is a bad idea...
deadbeat
http://imgur.com/a/l3pX2?gallery randomly found this. random adorable
Cannu
I have a few Shinies, if anyone is interested..... Never knew a thread like this existed on Osu! :P
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

deadbeat wrote:

Saved, bookmarked, subscribed (lol), etc..
Bara-

deadbeat wrote:

You have no idea how much this made me laugh
Especially the final one, with Norman
Professor Prinny

deadbeat wrote:

Well this was definitely worth reading.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Makes me wonder about the Aqua side (especially since I got Omega Ruby)...
deadbeat
i did found another random pokemon ORAS thing. i'll try find it again. wasn't cute, more so just plain silly

edit: that was a easy find http://imgur.com/gallery/fdxQ5xH
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Trash Boat

deadbeat wrote:

love it
Navizel
Gyms~ No level release because they're not lvl 100 :< both are on the same spot with only one difference on layout.

Feeling lazy to get my Jellicent from my X so I could have a gym with very-slow water mons
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Gyms~ No level release because they're not lvl 100 :< both are on the same spot with only one difference on layout.
I actually tried doing themed Gyms a few days ago, but I suck at Decorations :o I like my current layout, though (it's not one I uploaded here yet, but I will later).

Anyway, added. (Didn't know what to name your original Base, though :o)
Navizel
I actually just put some random decorations I currently have and make it work out lol

I might change my original base after I'm done with the gyms. Either I'm going to make another one in a different place or just change the mons in my current base. I'll just post here whatever happens.
La Volpe

deadbeat wrote:

i did found another random pokemon ORAS thing. i'll try find it again. wasn't cute, more so just plain silly

edit: that was a easy find http://imgur.com/gallery/fdxQ5xH
Thanks for making my day Sir and the other comic was cute.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Finally decided on what to do for my current Base layout. I wish I could've shown a template pic instead using icons and stuff from the games, but the best I could find were the original Ruby/Sapphire sprites/maps. Either way, hopefully you'll get the idea once you see it. As usual, I added it under my spoilerbox on the OP.
Aurele
For the last week, I was looking foward on getting a 3ds and Alpha Sapphire, and for some reason, it just doesn't have Alpha Sapphire to where I work.

Stupid Walmart.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Contrary Serperior is now available for all regions! The serial code for it is the same as the Japan distribution: POKEMON497

I'm sure the other two are to be released later, so I guess my breeding efforts are somewhat wasted now, but whatever.
Navizel
Last gym.

New original base with level release

edit: loving the gts because people are willing to trade version exclusive legends (+Zapdos and Articuno) in exchange for my 5IV mons. Soft-resetting time now with Landorus.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

Last gym.

New original base with level release

Added/Updated.
DestinySonata
oh ship.

I really wish I can get internet to get that Serperior
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
As far as I know, the distribution will last until November 30 of this year, so you have plenty of time.
DestinySonata
That's wonderful news for me!

Looks like I can get it then
Bara-
OMG
Almost done with the pokedex
Only need 4 more
Metagross
Granbull
Ferrothorn
Abomasnow

So close, Will probably have it in 30 minutes (Levelling up Shiny Beldum (event), Snubbule and Ferroseed, while asking for a Abomasnow on GTS (for a Xerneas))

Edit:
I'VE FINISHED MY DEX
ALL 719 CAUGHT
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Congrats! Enjoy your Shiny Charm :)
Bara-
Thanks!
I will
It only took me 100 hours or so (Do I seriously only have such little time spent?)
The only thing I can thank is Pokemon X
when I could send it over, I had my pokedex at 300 :D
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Kinda forgot about this. Reckless Emboar is now live. The Mystery Gift serial code for it is POKEMON500. Its code will also last till November 30 of this year.

EDIT: Out of complete boredom, I updated all of my QR Codes.
Nameless
I really wish I had the patience to build a competitive team :l
DestinySonata
it's pretty easy getting a competitive team nowadays though :)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

DestinySonata wrote:

it's pretty easy getting a competitive team nowadays though :)
*cough*Smogon*cough*

Unless MintLatios meant IV breeding and the like.
Navizel
get a bunch of ralts/abra/munna or any mon with synchronize and with different natures
get a fletchling for xy or slugma for oras
get a 6IV Ditto somewhere
get a pokemon you want to breed plus using your synchronizer so you can have 50% chance getting the same nature as your synchronizer when searching for pokemon you want.
destinyknot on ditto and everstone on the other
put them in the daycare and enjoy your perfect pokemon after 35524262 eggs have been hatched
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Or, y'know, get 5/6 IV Pokémon that belong in two Egg Groups AND can cover a lot of Pokémon at once (like Whismur). Have fun chain breeding for those, though, especially if you don't have any of the Power items (Weight, Lens, etc.)...
Nameless

Navizel wrote:

get a bunch of ralts/abra/munna or any mon with synchronize and with different natures
get a fletchling for xy or slugma for oras
get a 6IV Ditto somewhere
get a pokemon you want to breed plus using your synchronizer so you can have 50% chance getting the same nature as your synchronizer when searching for pokemon you want.
destinyknot on ditto and everstone on the other
put them in the daycare and enjoy your perfect pokemon after 35524262 eggs have been hatched
This is actually a decent method considering I already have a 6IV Ditto, thanks.
The destiny knot is a pain to get in ORAS tho :l EDIT: I just transferred my X one

I might start masuda breeding for IV's at some point as well since all my shinies have awful IV's
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Actually, getting Destiny Knot isn't all that bad if:

1) You're patient enough to put up with Master Rank Contests
2) You don't mind rebattling a certain Sea Mauville couple over and over again till they give you one

There's also Pokémon Global Link's Graffiti Eraser attraction, but that's just random.
Nameless
As I now have a destiny knot and an everstone (and a 6IV ditto) I have now started a masuda + IV hunt for a shiny 5 - 6IV Goomy. I got pretty lucky on wonder trade and got a 5IV JPN Goomy (missing Sp.Atk, modest nature).
Navizel

Blazevoir wrote:

Or, y'know, get 5/6 IV Pokémon that belong in two Egg Groups AND can cover a lot of Pokémon at once (like Whismur). Have fun chain breeding for those, though, especially if you don't have any of the Power items (Weight, Lens, etc.)...
This is what I actually do before I had a 6IV Ditto. I still use it though when I need to pass an egg move. Never used the power items for breeding

Oh and I got the destiny knot from the couple in Sea Mauville after the first rematch lol. I think the trick to the couple is you save first before battling them and soft reset if they didn't give you the destiny knot after the battle. But yeah, imo the destiny knots in XY are easier to get.

MintLatios wrote:

As I now have a destiny knot and an everstone (and a 6IV ditto) I have now started a masuda + IV hunt for a shiny 5 - 6IV Goomy. I got pretty lucky on wonder trade and got a 5IV JPN Goomy (missing Sp.Atk, modest nature).
I could've given you my 6IV Goodra, 5IV Goodra (attack not included, both Goodra has Sap Sipper) or a 5IV Hydration Goomy but it seems like you're hunting for a shiny goomy so nvm
Nameless

Navizel wrote:

Actually got the destiny knot from the couple in Sea Mauville after the first rematch lol. I think the trick to the couple is you save first before battling them and soft reset if they didn't give you the destiny knot after the battle. But yeah, imo the destiny knots in XY are easier to get.

Well, it seems like you're hunting for a shiny goomy. I could've given you one of my 5IV Sap Sipper Goodra or a Goomy with Hydration which also is a 5IV iirc
My goomy has Hydration. Also, I've already got 3 5IV ones with just attack missing, which is what I was looking for. But since my Ditto isn't foreign I can't use any of those goomy's, only my 5IV JPN one with sp.atk missing.
deadbeat

Serebii wrote:

It has been announced that the Johto Starters are to be distributed this year with their Hidden Abilities. From February 27th 2015 to November 30th 2015, if you access Pokémon Bank, you will receive Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr with their Hidden Abilities of Leaf Guard, Flash Fire and Sheer Force respectively. These are distributed through the Pokémon Link feature into Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. Will you be getting these Pokémon? What sets will you run on them?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Wasn't a fan of any of the Johto starters, but I'll still be getting them.
DestinySonata
I want that Sheer Force Feraligatr. Been really wanting one for a while now :D
show more