forum

General Achievement Request Thread

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +152
show more
Samui_old_1

Luna wrote:

I mentioned this before, but you can't just add another order of magnitude for Taiko/mania achievements. That'd easily require 75k-100k or even more plays, which is way more than standard osu!'s 50k.
My bad, I didn't read the whole thread last night n_n

Maybe achieving first normal / silver SS on Easy, Normal, Hard and Insane difficulty?
Trash Boat
any achievements that you think they should be hush-hush achievements shouldn't be discussed here. instead, sent a PM to the OP explaining your ideas of hush-hush achievements
Sal32
I actually like the idea of multiplayer achievements.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Trash Boat wrote:

any achievements that you think they should be hush-hush achievements shouldn't be discussed here. instead, sent a PM to the OP explaining your ideas of hush-hush achievements
i don't even think anyone but you mentioned hush-hush achievements. also don't bother warning people anyway. if they can't take 1 minute to read the huge bold words in the OP then that's their loss
MarioBound
Maybe like Steam achievements?
DENKOUSEKKA

Akhlis wrote:

Maybe you could also add a Category "Social" and to have achievements like: Get X amount of Friends, Play X amount of multiplayer maps with your friends, Refer X friends, X hours of online time and so on. Anyway, good idea, take ma' stars~
I'm liking this idea right here
Bara-
I would like more Combo achievements, but then in Taiko, CtB and O!M (All suggestions)
Taiko -500-750-1000-1500
CtB -500-750-1000-2000
O!M -500-1000-2000-3000
This could be good goals for people to work to.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

deadbeat wrote:

Special game modes

• Combo achievements
    Play count achievements
already in the list :p
DENKOUSEKKA
Perhaps more multi-player achievements? Ones based on the different lobby gamemodes (Co-Op, Tag Team etc..)

"Team Player" - Get the most amount of score on your team for an x amount of times

Things like that.
InFish
Love the idea.
loldcraft
Here's a few "un"achievements: (brackets for some recomended names)

Fail on the last note (at the finish line)
Fail during a spinner (spun out)
Fail with a combo >100 (bleedout/elite deprivation)
(all possible with high hp drain maps and if you have low health before a part with little notes)

Play a map with nofail and get more than half your highscore (which means you would have set a new record if you didn't use the mod) (fail!)
Break >500 combo without a miss (slider/slidertick) (a lost S)
Finish a song without any elite beats (imperfect chain)
(possible for low hp drain maps)
Finish a map without having your cursor leave the slider BALL (not the large ring) (high precision tracking)
Nightcore a song tagged nightcore (uguu?)
Pass a map with all difficulty increasing mods (hardcore)
have a max spin rate twice your average spin rate (unstable rotations)

(striked off those I thought weren't too good in hindsight)
AncuL
Retrying 20x
Retrying 50x
Retrying 100x retryui hohoho

#1 on a multiplayer game
#1 on 5 multiplayer games
#1 on 10 multiplayer games
win a team battle
win 3 team battles
win 5 team battles

get 5 replay watched
get 20 replays watched
get 100 replay watched

that is what in my mind
CrushyGreenRen
I have ideas!

Spinner Newbie

To earn: Get 300 SPM

Spinner Rookie

To earn:
Get 500 SPM

Spinner Master

To earn: Get 1000 SPM

Ultimate Spinner

To get: Get 5000 SPM

Merry-Go-Round

To earn: Get 10000 SPM
Oinari-sama

RdManebog wrote:

I have ideas!

Spinner Newbie

To earn: Get 300 SPM

Spinner Rookie

To earn:
Get 500 SPM

Spinner Master

To earn: Get 1000 SPM

Ultimate Spinner

To get: Get 5000 SPM

Merry-Go-Round

To earn: Get 10000 SPM
How is the "SPM" calculated?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
a - you can't spin faster than 477spm, so that invalidates most of those
b - i don't like the idea of a howfastcanyouspin achievement. i've already added the idea for "Earn X spinner bonus" which i feel is a better idea
AnotherEpicName
Not really a suggestion for a new achievement but I'ld like to see an animation when you get them ingame.
I basicaly never really realized when I got an achievement untill I checked web.
Trash Boat
it should appear a bar saying "Loading achievements...", after clearing a beatmap, then the achievement appearing in your ranking results
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i vaguely remember someone making the same request...
AnotherEpicName
Sorry it was already suggested 2years ago
http://tinyurl.com/ogmrjb3
and most people didn't seem intrested in it
Soul Drop
Some stuff that came across my mind would be:

- Creating a certain number of collection folders and filling those up with a certain amount of maps. (Organized)
- Hitting F2/clicking random a certain amount of times (???)
- Beat your score x times in a row (You've Got To Believe!)
- Be the last one standing and able to finish without dieing in a team battle with over x players in your team without no fail/relax/auto pilot mod (possibly even an achievement for still winning afterwards?) (The Lone Wolf)
- Bring the HP bar back to max from X % in Co-op Tag X of times during a map. Again without the no fail/relax/auto pilot mod. (Life Saver)

Didn't go back to check all pages, so my apologies if there's some dupes in there.
Sea_Food
How about an achi for getting an equal aumont of 300s, 100s and 50s on a map? Or maybe just 300s and 100s to make it a bit easier.
Yukiteru Amano
The current achievements are boring and only for standard, please add some more that also include CtB/Taiko/Mania. I would also like to ask why the beatmap-pack achievements only include standard, seems silly to me!
Sea_Food

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

The current achievements are boring and only for standard, please add some more that also include CtB/Taiko/Mania. I would also like to ask why the beatmap-pack achievements only include standard, seems silly to me!
As far as i know its because the achievements were implemented when the other three mods did not exist yet. So the real answer would be that the devs have been really lackluster in making new achies during the past four or so years.
TheLukay
too lazy too read all so sorry if something was already said.

1. Beat a rank with mod with one less mod at the same acc e.g. beat a DT+HR+HD with DT+HR (are you a wizard?)
2. reach a certain spm ~470 (Drill)
3. Pass a map with never having full HP Bar (Survivor)
4. Get no 50s(and 100s) but misses on a map (Bad Luck)
5. Fail a map because of a spinner (Duuh...)
6. Full singletap a certain bpm, 120, 130, 140, 150... bpm; map has to contain 1/4 notes, (Fierce Finger lv1, lv2...)
7. get 5 achievents in one day(Achievent Hunter)
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

already added something to the OP about adding beatmap achievements to work with the other game modes as well.

TheLukay wrote:

too lazy too read all so sorry if something was already said.
1. Beat a rank with mod with one less mod at the same acc e.g. beat a DT+HR+HD with DT+HR (are you a wizard?)
2. reach a certain spm ~470 (Drill)
3. Pass a map with never having full HP Bar (Survivor)
4. Get no 50s(and 100s) but misses on a map (Bad Luck)
5. Fail a map because of a spinner (Duuh...)
6. Full singletap a certain bpm, 120, 130, 140, 150... bpm; map has to contain 1/4 notes, (Fierce Finger lv1, lv2...)
1, 4 and 5 sound interesting. 6 won't work since you can just bind 2 keys together to make it look like singletapping. as for 7. there was an idea to have an achievement counter (16/45 or something like that). having achievement titles like Achievement Hunter might work better for that.
2 and 3 i don't really agree with.
Luna

deadbeat wrote:

TheLukay wrote:

as for 7. there was an idea to have an achievement counter (16/45 or something like that). having achievement titles like Achievement Hunter might work better for that.
I'm not opposed to the general idea of an "achievement hunter" title, but please make it based off of total achievement count, not off of achievements unlocked in a single day. It would be a missable achievement that way (Once you collect everything but 4 achievements there'd be literally no way of getting it until new ones are added), and those are stupid as fk.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
this is what i was referring to for those who didn't see it in the OP p/2234826
RBRat3 wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing this under general
Kastamera
So I was thinking "there are a lot of nightcore maps, why aren't there Nightcore pack achievements (Nightcore Pack vol.1, Nightcore Pack vol.2, Nightcore Pack vol.3, Nightcore Pack vol.4)"
They're really common and they have a huge play count too, so that's why I think osu! needs Nightcore pack achievements.
Same for Vocaloid/Touhou pack achievements.
abraker
Achievements were thought up with mania in mind:

• FC at X keytaps/s per finger

Play 10,000 autoconverted maps
Other Achievements:

• Be watched X times

Get largest PP from a map. (Not per map, largest overall)

Be rank #1 for at least a day

Get X favorites on any map

Get X favorites on any skin (with the new skin system incoming :D)
Finally, allow achievements have a small counter on the corner of the icon like "x503" indicting how many times that achievement has been reached. This would allow a ranking of achievements. How this would help: Imagine browsing through this achievement ranking, filtering to only see which players got the most "Get X favorites on any map" or "Be watched X times". It would be interesting to see how many days in total player X was #1 or how many times a player got top PP, and this would allow such.
Remyria
I agree it would be cool to have new achievements in the game, since...eeeh...none were added since 2012... (There could be one more level to dedications of special modes (one more 0 at needed total hits))
Kzl
Nice idea
DarkStoorM
Since I got a suggestion on Tech Support to freely bump this, I got two questions.

Can we get the Play Count applied to ALL modes, not osu!standard only? I mean like you can trigger this achievement by every mode.
I know we have one achievement per game mode in Dedication section, but it would fit more with X hits for every game mode AND the Play Count achievement applied to whichever mode you play.
It would also be nice if osu!standard had its own X-hits achievement.

Another thing, any plans on extending or changing the current achievements? I mean, the current count of hits for game modes is kinda... odd.
I think it would be better to keep the same values for every game mode, like this:
50,000 -> 100,000 -> 500,000 -> 1,000,000 -> 5,000,000 -> 10,000,000
Even 10 million hits is pretty common now, there are also people with more than 30 million hits (35 and more on standard, 50+ on taiko, 75 on osu!catch, 30+ on osu!mania).

We have so many players with enough high hit count, that we could change the current x-hits achievement to a brand new "rank" system. I guess that would be better than adding another badges.
Let's say we have 20 stages, starting from rank 20 to 1:
Ranks example
  1. Rank XX - 25,000
  2. Rank XIX - 50,000
  3. Rank XVIII - 75,000
  4. Rank XVII - 100,000
  5. Rank XVI - 250,000
  6. Rank XV - 500,000
  7. Rank XIV - 750,000
  8. Rank XIII - 1,000,000
  9. Rank XII - 2,500,000
  10. Rank XI - 5,000,000
  11. Rank X - 7,500,000
  12. Rank IX - 10,000,000
  13. Rank VIII - 12,500,000
  14. Rank VII - 15,000,000
  15. Rank VI - 17,500,000
  16. Rank V - 20,000,000
  17. Rank IV - 25,000,000
  18. Rank III - 30,000,000
  19. Rank II - 40,000,000
  20. Rank I - 50,000,000
so we either replace the existing achievements with a single badge showing our personal hit achievement rank or make new badges on each fifth rank, including first one, resulting in 5 badges in total for every game mode.

IMO, the dedication section needs a lot more achievements, as its name says.

[edit]
Ooooh, forgot about one thing. There should also be an achievement for the amount of SS / S ranks. Also for the silver ones.
PRETTY MUCH RELATED IMG:
We have 470~ beatmap packs, so assuming there are around 25 beatmaps packed on each one with an average of 4 difficulties, we can get at least 47,000 S/SS ranks + the mode specific beatmap packs, which will give around 50,000 (except osu!standard). That's a TRUE dedication :D
Not counting the approved packs, as they are mostly marathons, so it's around 500 difficulties.

Cheers for all the S hunters

sorry for the mess
Zoe

DarkStoorM wrote:

Since I got a suggestion on Tech Support to freely bump this, I got two questions.

Can we get the Play Count applied to ALL modes, not osu!standard only? I mean like you can trigger this achievement by every mode.
I know we have one achievement per game mode in Dedication section, but it would fit more with X hits for every game mode AND the Play Count achievement applied to whichever mode you play.
It would also be nice if osu!standard had its own X-hits achievement.

Another thing, any plans on extending or changing the current achievements? I mean, the current count of hits for game modes is kinda... odd.
I think it would be better to keep the same values for every game mode, like this:
50,000 -> 100,000 -> 500,000 -> 1,000,000 -> 5,000,000 -> 10,000,000
Even 10 million hits is pretty common now, there are also people with more than 30 million hits (35 and more on standard, 50+ on taiko, 75 on osu!catch, 30+ on osu!mania).

We have so many players with enough high hit count, that we could change the current x-hits achievement to a brand new "rank" system. I guess that would be better than adding another badges.
Let's say we have 20 stages, starting from rank 20 to 1:
Ranks example
  1. Rank XX - 25,000
  2. Rank XIX - 50,000
  3. Rank XVIII - 75,000
  4. Rank XVII - 100,000
  5. Rank XVI - 250,000
  6. Rank XV - 500,000
  7. Rank XIV - 750,000
  8. Rank XIII - 1,000,000
  9. Rank XII - 2,500,000
  10. Rank XI - 5,000,000
  11. Rank X - 7,500,000
  12. Rank IX - 10,000,000
  13. Rank VIII - 12,500,000
  14. Rank VII - 15,000,000
  15. Rank VI - 17,500,000
  16. Rank V - 20,000,000
  17. Rank IV - 25,000,000
  18. Rank III - 30,000,000
  19. Rank II - 40,000,000
  20. Rank I - 50,000,000
so we either replace the existing achievements with a single badge showing our personal hit achievement rank or make new badges on each fifth rank, including first one, resulting in 5 badges in total for every game mode.

IMO, the dedication section needs a lot more achievements, as its name says.

[edit]
Ooooh, forgot about one thing. There should also be an achievement for the amount of SS / S ranks. Also for the silver ones.
PRETTY MUCH RELATED IMG:
We have 470~ beatmap packs, so assuming there are around 25 beatmaps packed on each one with an average of 4 difficulties, we can get at least 47,000 S/SS ranks + the mode specific beatmap packs, which will give around 50,000 (except osu!standard). That's a TRUE dedication :D
Not counting the approved packs, as they are mostly marathons, so it's around 500 difficulties.

Cheers for all the S hunters

sorry for the mess
I really like a lot of these ideas. I agree we need more kind of ranking/grouping achievements that people can work towards unlocking the next rank.
abraker
Now that we can talk about hush-hush, can we get a list of them to avoid duplicate requests?
Rurree
I think it'd be nice if combo achievements aren't strictly Standard only.
AncuL
getting x kudosu, getting x maps ranked, posting x posts, playing for x hours for specific gamemode, getting x ss
many possibilities, basically
DarkStoorM
So, maybe an achievement/medal ranking? :D
Chintam
Top dog - hold 1# position for more than 1 week
King of the hill - hold 1# position for more than 2 months
I'm on top of the world - hold 1# position for more than 1 year

Hotly contested - retake the 1# position 4 times within a week on the same map (must be ranked)
Infinicy
How about an achievement for getting X overall score on your profile as well as X amount of ranked score?(Could be 1,000,000,000, 10,000,000,000, 100,000,000,000, and 1,000,000,000,000 ranked score, and 10,000,000,000, 100,000,000,000, 1,000,000,000,000, and 10,000,000,000,000 overall/ unranked score.) These could be separated by gamemode as well. (Couldn't come up with names for these guys :C)

We have achievements for overall ranking, but what about for country ranking? (#1 in your country could be "Next stop, the world" for example)
Stefan
Still curious if peppy actually knows about this thread and the suggestions.
show more