forum

[invalid] Multiple skin elements per beatmap [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Derekku
A similar feature was already requested before, but was very vague in itself. What I want is the ability to have multiple skin elements such as section-pass/fail, spinner-background/circle, etc. per beatmap. This would be very useful for unique maps that otherwise feel boring with the same spinners/etc. and also for marathon maps that could really utilize multiple skin elements in them. I assume that the elements could be numbered. Ex.) section-pass-0, section-pass-1, etc, and old ones would still work as section-pass.

The old request asked for things like multiple hit-circles and numberings, but that would probably be confusing to players. Either things like this could be disabled for multiple skinning, or just watched when modders/BATs check out maps. Multiple scorebar-ki's, cursors, etc. may be distracting and/or tacky, but may work well for marathon maps. I really can't decide about every element (such as slider balls, fruits, etc.), but they may work also.

Thoughts? :p
Starrodkirby86
I would love it, but it may be quite a lot to load on. :S
anonymous_old
Bind to timing sections like custom hit sound sets.

Support.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I would love it, but it may be quite a lot to load on. :S
Oh yeah, I was going to mention size limits and all that too. I guess a guideline could be added or something. (A 3 minute beatmap with 5 different spinner-circles/backgrounds would probably be frowned upon) I'm not sure how things are loaded, but wouldn't it be similar to storyboarding? I don't think an extra section-pass or spinner-circle would do much. :V

strager wrote:

Bind to timing sections like custom hit sound sets.
As said before, the third panel where kiai time is located is getting lonely :P
LuigiHann
adding numbers to the end of filenames would be problematic, because the same format is used for animated skin elements
Topic Starter
Derekku

LuigiHann wrote:

adding numbers to the end of filenames would be problematic, because the same format is used for animated skin elements
I thought about that, but wasn't sure. There's got to be other ways to do it though. Ex.) combobursts have numberings but they're not animated. Or perhaps only non-animated elements could be skinned this way to make it work?
Wojjan
Adding in my support.
peppy
Not going to happen anytime soon. I agree with adding more customisation, but this is kind of going too far in my opinion. Also it will be a pain to cache, and people will start adding 4 full skins to maps which I really don't want to see.
adam2046
Well it'd have to have guide lines, of course.
I did ask for something similar quite a while ago.
Topic Starter
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Seriously - I could allow customisation of every element of every element of every element of osu! and you still wouldn't be happy. I think there should be some limits on what can be customisable. It breeds creativity in other ways and means that maps at least have *some* conformity as you play through them. A constant skin is one of these.
Topic Starter
Derekku
I really hope that you mean plural "you" and not a "you" directed at me. I've never been unhappy at any customization limits in osu. I see more customization as a bonus, which is great.

Anyway, I can't read your mind, so that's why I made this request. I agree that maps should have a limit, so I'm fine with it being left as that. :P
peppy
s/you/the general demanding community/
Topic Starter
Derekku
Just cleaning up my old bugs/requests. This can be moved to the Resolved forum now <3
Jelmerlicious
I want this too!
atleast do the multiple section-pass ones!
Please?
Bladesu

Jelmerlicious wrote:

I want this too!
atleast do the multiple section-pass ones!
Please?
This is an old thread. Don't post in old threads...