forum

[Archived] Catcher skinning issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deif
So I modded this bubbled beatmap, which includes a catcher but with the old format "fruit-ryuuta.png".

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/122279

As you may know, with the new skin format the catcher became animated and that's why it got splitted into 3 different files "fruit-catcher-idle.png", "fruit-catcher-kiai.png" and "fruit-catcher-fail.png", so the usage of "fruit-ryuuta.png" is already obsolete.

Here comes the tricky part:
  1. Using the new catcher format: The catcher is detected by the default skin (and any other newly skins) without problems, BUT it's not detected by other skins.
  2. Using the old catchar format: It's detected by all old-formated skins, BUT not by the recent ones nor the default one (where Yuzu appears).
I'm kinda confused, since the new format should overlay the old one and I cannot go on with the ranking process since the issue would be "fixed" including the 4 files (old and new format), which is contraproducent.

osu! version: 20141111.10cuttingedge
Piine
Edit:

Ahh had to do a double take. I'll probably check this out. Thanks deadbeat for reminding me I still need to read better
deadbeat
that's not the issue Sulker. if this was solely an issue around rankability, this wouldn't of been posted to tech support :p