forum

[duplicate] Multiplayer split difficulty mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Rooni
Hey!

I have a request for multiplayer, a mode where every player can choose his own difficulty of the song to play.

For example.. the host chooses a insane song.. but other players can choose their own difficulty if they want to so it suits their skill level.
This could be with a score multiplier.. though it wouldn't really be needed because you would get more points with harder difficulties anyway. (In some cases)

A problem that might occur because of this:
- Some difficulties might have different lengths
- The score scaling might be unfair if you can get very high combos with easier difficulties compared to a impossible difficulty.

Though, this could just be a mode without score.. for friendly games.

The reason i want this:
There wouldn't be that much of a skill gap between players. Or just because you want to play with a friend who isn't as experienced as your are.

Thanks for reading :oops:
YuiNyan
yay please, I couldn't agree more with this! The host should be able to select an option to allow every player to pick their own difficulty for the song chosen (of course this needs some refinery since some songs have different game modes included as well, and in a few cases different lengths, but for sure this can be solved). When you use this setting, you're obviously not focusing a lot on the score differences that will occur anyway, you'd be playing entirely for the purpose of playing together with other people, so I don't think it would be a problem in that sense ^-^
ColdTooth

Rooni wrote:

- The score scaling might be unfair if you can get very high combos with easier difficulties compared to a impossible difficulty.
This can be adjustable, it should show which difficulty each person did on the tab while playing, and in the end scoreboard.

I'unno, take my invisible stars, sounds ok

Wait isn't this a dupe? someone confirm
Bara-
Topic Starter
Rooni

baraatje123 wrote:

Yep
It is
t/117094?hilit=Multiplayer+free+mode
My apologies.. i didn't search for the term free mode..