forum

[invalid] Progresive

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[ -Harasho- ]
Like the progresive mode in the pump it up

The song which starts at the min 3.50 is the best example

in osu could be translated like a marathon

where hit circles moves randomly while the approaching circle approaches
randomly hidden hit circles
false hit circles (bombs) which reduce your life bar and break your combo
deformed sliders
random hit circles size
bpm variations

well that's what I can think of so far, all that would obviously depending on how you want the beatmap

I invite you to watch the video, it would be fun to recreate a progresive mode for osu
FrzR
I cringe when I read random twice.
Oinari-sama
Gosh no...

Sudden changes of CS/AR doesn't sit well with osu standard, it'll be too confusing. There're discussions on allowing multiple AR in marathon maps, you can read the responses here: t/47941

The idea of a "Distration Mod" has been requested before eg t/193186 and the "distractions" proposed there makes more sense.

For "Progressive/Survival" read this t/166527
Topic Starter
[ -Harasho- ]
Well oinari-sama.. u didnt understand my request... im not asking for new mods... im asking for more variety in the beatmap editor

I think that isn't even a duplicate and the fact you dont like it isnt a reason to move the post to the completed request

Is a complete lack of respect move the post before read other players review
Oinari-sama
How can people understand if you don't explain the ideas properly?

And what features are you requesting in the editor exactly?
deadbeat
that looks horrible sorry. it'll will overcomplicate the game mode and make it needless tiresome.
Topic Starter
[ -Harasho- ]
hit circles movement while the aproach circle approaches [this would add more difficulty in the beatmaps.. you're going to click and ups the circle just changed position (this should have some kind of distance restriction to dont make it impossible to land)] (editor)

hidden hit circles [not all of them like the mod, only the hit circles that the creator want] (editor)

false hit circles (bombs) which reduce your life bar and break your combo [this would add more difficulty in high bpm maps] (editor)

hit circles size (editor)

i think that osu must have more variations on the beatmaps... maybe my requests aren't the best that you can imagine but the community should help to add more difficulty to the game, in this moment download new maps its more of the same... circles, spuns, sliders and streams... nothing else..

I think the game should stop being so square and start being a little more versatile
GoldenWolf
Why the hell would you add more difficulty to a game where thousands of maps can only be played by less than 1% of the active players?

There is no need to add more complexity to osu!; yes it's only about circles and sliders, but what matters isn't the diversity of the playable elements but how well you can execute them and learn to master them
Topic Starter
[ -Harasho- ]

GoldenWolf wrote:

Why the hell would you add more difficulty to a game where thousands of maps can only be played by less than 1% of the active players?
its not all about difficulty... its about add more variety to the game