Topic Starter
defenz0r
Hi,

Had the Roccat Kone XTD for 8 months. Things i didnt like:

- Cramped hands while playing
- to big for my Hands
- Problems at spinning
- Problems at streaming

I have medium sized Hands, not that big, i would say size 7.

What is my grip type? Palm
I use a Steelseries 4HD mousepad.
Playstyle: Mouse + Keyboard

Resolution : 2560x1440
Precision mode yes
Osu mouse Speed 5.0x
DPI: 1000
Gumpy
Logitech G400.

Also why are you running osu! mouse speed 5x?!
Topic Starter
defenz0r
Must correct this. Mouse speed is 6x.
Im a High sense Player, is this a problem?
I think its cause the high resolution, i use 1000 DPI right now.
Heard lower DPI, higher sensitivity of the game is the trick to get most precision.
Is the G400 bigger as the Roccat Kone XTD in size?
The next mouse should have a optical Sensor.

I hate Logitech, cause my latest Keyboard was a Logitech G15 and it was cheap build quality.
Isn't there a better one than Logitech G400 for osu?
-sev
I've only used two mice, so I can't really recommend a ton. I use the Logitech G400s right now and it feels great. I don't know the dimensions of the roccat, nor have I seen one up close. It looks relatively similar to the G400s to me from a glance. I have relatively small (could be medium, idk) hands and the G400s fits my hand great. You say you are a palm user so I don't see how big a mouse is could be a problem, you want the mouse to fill your hand, no?

Go to a local store and try some mice there, see what feels best for your hand.

defenz0r wrote:

- Cramped hands while playing
- Problems at spinning
- Problems at streaming
These are irrelevant and will go away with taking time off (cramps)/ practicing (spinning, streaming)
Rio-
You could try Logitech G100s. It almost has the same components as G400s, only that It designed for High-dpi users (like RTS-Gaming players), lighter and smaller than G400s, and also Ergonomic for Claw-Grip users.
*I planned to buy this one too
Topic Starter
defenz0r
Hmm i buy G100s and G400 and compare them.
xGx

NixXSkate
Please turn precision mode off.
If your osu! resolution is actually 2560x1440, I think 3000dpi is the upper limit if you want to play competitively.
The Pure Kone Optical is like the Kone XTD but a tad smaller, but with 4000dpi max (which you shouldn't be using, anyway).
Also, you shouldn't set the osu! sensitivity to a high multiplier, because you're skipping pixels by doing that. I'm assuming that the Kone XTD has smoothing at DPIs over ~5000 (or all the time), so you'd be better off setting the mouse to 3000dpi and osu! to 2x or something (not that you should be using sensitivity this high, anyway).
AmaiHachimitsu

defenz0r wrote:

The only problem is that no high sense player is a good player.

I kind of laughed at your settings because they are depicting you as a total newb who thinks he will manage faster maps if he plays on high sensitivity.

This setting wouldn't even be "OKAY" for FPS games, not to mention osu!, where the required movement is smooth and consistent.
FieryLight

defenz0r wrote:

Must correct this. Mouse speed is 6x.
I think its cause the high resolution, i use 1000 DPI right now.
Heard lower DPI, higher sensitivity of the game is the trick to get most precision.
Is the G400 bigger as the Roccat Kone XTD in size?
The next mouse should have a optical Sensor.

I hate Logitech, cause my latest Keyboard was a Logitech G15 and it was cheap build quality.
Isn't there a better one than Logitech G400 for osu?
I think you heard wrong, it's the other way around. You want High DPI and 1.0x sensitivity to get most precision. Windows mouse settings should also be 6/11

As for a mouse, I think G400s is kind of big, but iunno, you could try it. G100s is probably good, but not perfect tracking. If you don't need perfect tracking I guess Kinzu V2 would be okay...?
iWhorse
g400s
ZenithPhantasm
G100S. I see Rio- is a believer now after that comment I posted ;D
Topic Starter
defenz0r

NixXSkate wrote:

Please turn precision mode off.
If your osu! resolution is actually 2560x1440, I think 3000dpi is the upper limit if you want to play competitively.
The Pure Kone Optical is like the Kone XTD but a tad smaller, but with 4000dpi max (which you shouldn't be using, anyway).
Also, you shouldn't set the osu! sensitivity to a high multiplier, because you're skipping pixels by doing that. I'm assuming that the Kone XTD has smoothing at DPIs over ~5000 (or all the time), so you'd be better off setting the mouse to 3000dpi and osu! to 2x or something (not that you should be using sensitivity this high, anyway).
Roccat Kone Pure optical or Logitech G400s ?
I kinda dont like Logitech, or is the G400s the better Mouse for Osu ?
buny
implying 1000 dpi is low
you essentially have high sensitivity inside and outside the game

hell, i bet you can do 360s ten times in one swipe in an fps game with that kind of sensitivity

precision -> off
sensitivity -> 1x
dpi -> preferably lower

if you don't have sens 1x, then you're basically switching back and forth two different dpis as you go in and out of the game.
Topic Starter
defenz0r
implying 1000 dpi is low
you essentially have high sensitivity inside and outside the game

hell, i bet you can do 360s ten times in one swipe in an fps game with that kind of sensitivity

precision -> off
sensitivity -> 1x
dpi -> preferably lower
Thats wrong.
As Nixx said, for 2560x1440 3000dpi is the upper limit.
Currently use Osu Sensitivity 1.0 and 2400 DPI, precision Mode off.
I really got better, only with these new Settings.

Before i failed fast maps, now i dont fail and can do B Rank on those.

In FPS Games i cant do 360s ten times in one Swipe, but it would be possible with a lower Resolution,
the higher the resolution, the higher the DPI that would needed.

Is there a answer? I would prefer Roccat Kone Pure Core Optical over the G400s, is there some reason to not to do this?
buny
gl with 2.4k dpi is all i can say
Topic Starter
defenz0r

buny wrote:

gl with 2.4k dpi is all i can say
There is no difference between low DPI.
If you got 1920x1080 the same speed and DPI accuracy will be 1200 dpi.
@ 960x540 the same speed and DPI accuracy will be 600 dpi.

So if you got 1024x768 800 DPI will be the same speed than my 2400 dpi on 2560x1440

The accuracy will be the same since i will use a optical Sensor of roccat kone pure core optical
I also could use 1200 DPI and 2x sensitivity, but it would be less accurate!

Example of 2560x1600

D = distance for 360 degrees in inches
W = horizontal resolution of screen
F = field of view in game
C = CPI needed

Number of pixels in 360 degrees = W * 360 / F

Distance moved = D

C = (W * 360) / (F * D)
Let's times, you play on a resolution of 2560 x 1600, a sensitivity of 15 cm / 360 ° rotation has (which is quite fast) and plays Counter-Strike (FOV 90):

15 cm = 5.91 inch

C = (2560 * 360) / (90 * 5.91)
C = 921600 / 531,9
C = 1732
You would need 1732 dpi to skip at this resolution and mouse sensitivity no pixels.

As in my Situation i have no sensitivity set, i need way more DPI !
buny
1.2k is still considered very high
Topic Starter
defenz0r
Buny, if i go lower, it would need my whole FHD SteelSeries mouse Pad to Slide over the Screen.
Is there a reason to low-sense the game?
The Cursor is a lot Slower in Osu than on my Windows Desktop! In Osu i need much more DPI.
If i use 1200@ 2560x1440 and no sensitivity set i cant do Jumps / fast Singles.

Do we speak about @ 1920x1080 1200 DPI is high?
Can you explain me why high DPI (for you) is bad for Osu! ?

As i saw in the most Videos of people, they use windowed resolution on a 1280x1024 LCD Monitor.

On what resolution do you play?
how much dpi you use?
Do you use Sensitivity? If how much?
AmaiHachimitsu
You know, with all your arguments and all.

Do what you want, you will eventually notice it yourself (given that you will be trying hard to get good at the game) that your current sensitivity is not a good idea.
show more