forum

Search new Mouse

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny
implying 1000 dpi is low
you essentially have high sensitivity inside and outside the game

hell, i bet you can do 360s ten times in one swipe in an fps game with that kind of sensitivity

precision -> off
sensitivity -> 1x
dpi -> preferably lower

if you don't have sens 1x, then you're basically switching back and forth two different dpis as you go in and out of the game.
Topic Starter
defenz0r
implying 1000 dpi is low
you essentially have high sensitivity inside and outside the game

hell, i bet you can do 360s ten times in one swipe in an fps game with that kind of sensitivity

precision -> off
sensitivity -> 1x
dpi -> preferably lower
Thats wrong.
As Nixx said, for 2560x1440 3000dpi is the upper limit.
Currently use Osu Sensitivity 1.0 and 2400 DPI, precision Mode off.
I really got better, only with these new Settings.

Before i failed fast maps, now i dont fail and can do B Rank on those.

In FPS Games i cant do 360s ten times in one Swipe, but it would be possible with a lower Resolution,
the higher the resolution, the higher the DPI that would needed.

Is there a answer? I would prefer Roccat Kone Pure Core Optical over the G400s, is there some reason to not to do this?
buny
gl with 2.4k dpi is all i can say
Topic Starter
defenz0r

buny wrote:

gl with 2.4k dpi is all i can say
There is no difference between low DPI.
If you got 1920x1080 the same speed and DPI accuracy will be 1200 dpi.
@ 960x540 the same speed and DPI accuracy will be 600 dpi.

So if you got 1024x768 800 DPI will be the same speed than my 2400 dpi on 2560x1440

The accuracy will be the same since i will use a optical Sensor of roccat kone pure core optical
I also could use 1200 DPI and 2x sensitivity, but it would be less accurate!

Example of 2560x1600

D = distance for 360 degrees in inches
W = horizontal resolution of screen
F = field of view in game
C = CPI needed

Number of pixels in 360 degrees = W * 360 / F

Distance moved = D

C = (W * 360) / (F * D)
Let's times, you play on a resolution of 2560 x 1600, a sensitivity of 15 cm / 360 ° rotation has (which is quite fast) and plays Counter-Strike (FOV 90):

15 cm = 5.91 inch

C = (2560 * 360) / (90 * 5.91)
C = 921600 / 531,9
C = 1732
You would need 1732 dpi to skip at this resolution and mouse sensitivity no pixels.

As in my Situation i have no sensitivity set, i need way more DPI !
buny
1.2k is still considered very high
Topic Starter
defenz0r
Buny, if i go lower, it would need my whole FHD SteelSeries mouse Pad to Slide over the Screen.
Is there a reason to low-sense the game?
The Cursor is a lot Slower in Osu than on my Windows Desktop! In Osu i need much more DPI.
If i use 1200@ 2560x1440 and no sensitivity set i cant do Jumps / fast Singles.

Do we speak about @ 1920x1080 1200 DPI is high?
Can you explain me why high DPI (for you) is bad for Osu! ?

As i saw in the most Videos of people, they use windowed resolution on a 1280x1024 LCD Monitor.

On what resolution do you play?
how much dpi you use?
Do you use Sensitivity? If how much?
AmaiHachimitsu
You know, with all your arguments and all.

Do what you want, you will eventually notice it yourself (given that you will be trying hard to get good at the game) that your current sensitivity is not a good idea.
Topic Starter
defenz0r

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

You know, with all your arguments and all.

Do what you want, you will eventually notice it yourself (given that you will be trying hard to get good at the game) that your current sensitivity is not a good idea.
What's your screen resolution? 833dpi on 1280x1024 for example is ~1.5 inches to cross screen, while on 2560x1440 it is ~3.07

What sensitivity (DPI)@ 2560x1440 would be a good idea? Im still confused cause nixx said 3000 dpi is the bound..

From TeamLiquid (Cyro)

You can't really get good+accurate 1600-1800 on it, and you can't have 1:1 mouse response if you're adjusting sensitivity in a game unless it's like an FPS engine for example (so not possible on desktop, with dota 2 or starcraft)

My advice would be to just pick another mouse (avago ~3090 and 3010 opticals are around 1800dpi native so it shouldn't be too hard) or to adjust to 1150. Players of difficult mouse games such as Osu or competitive stuff where mouse is particularly important (FPS) very very often gravitate towards lower sensitivies for increased accuracy and speed (can move faster confidently with muscle memory which is stronger at lower sensitivity) and i'm using 630dpi atm - so using 1150 is just a matter of what you are adjusted to, not how fast it is.

Of course depends on screen size - on a 1920x1080 screen, 1150 dpi is 1.67 inches to cross screen.

On 2560x1440, it is 2.23 inches.

Just divide the biggest number in your resolution (in these cases 1920 or 2560) by DPI to find that stat - it's the best way to judge sensitivity in stuff like desktop and dota 2. For an FPS engine, you can use cm/360 which is different, but they don't matter as much as they are more easily adjustable (unless you are super super concerned about small performance nuances)

This would mean :

2560 / 2.23 = 1147,98 DPI would be the best for me.
I Give Up

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I tried many times to change to low dpi setting and incorporate arm movement but that is verrrrrrrry hard for me. No Future :')
cheezstik
Well, lower DPI means improved aiming accuracy, similar to higher tablet area size. Too high of a DPI will lower your aiming accuracy. Only reason you don't lower it too much is because of the extra movement you need to make, so you make a trade-off.

You should really just play around with the DPI a bit and see which you like, I'm sure this is more effective than any amount of equations. Osu isn't an fps or starcraft 2, so advice given by team liquid doesn't necessarily apply to osu.
Topic Starter
defenz0r

cheezstik wrote:

Well, lower DPI means improved aiming accuracy, similar to higher tablet area size. Too high of a DPI will lower your aiming accuracy. Only reason you don't lower it too much is because of the extra movement you need to make, so you make a trade-off.

You should really just play around with the DPI a bit and see which you like, I'm sure this is more effective than any amount of equations. Osu isn't an fps or starcraft 2, so advice given by team liquid doesn't necessarily apply to osu.

@ the moment i like higher dpi, did already go down a bit with dpi but we will see...
Still can go lower.
I Give Up
I recommend you should just play with the setup that is most comfortable to you. Play more and if you hit that aim wall then start looking at alternative playstyles.
Topic Starter
defenz0r

KukiMonster wrote:

I recommend you should just play with the setup that is most comfortable to you. Play more and if you hit that aim wall then start looking at alternative playstyles.
Thats nice, thanks :)
ZenithPhantasm
Is fingertip grip @ 1250 DPI (1650x1050 windowed) a good idea?
Topic Starter
defenz0r
I would say, as long as you comfortable with this setting, you will be fine :)
Ohrami
all these people saying high sensitivity is bad are r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d

buny
1) silvia's dpi is still lowers than OP, and he's one of the selected players to be at that level at such a dpi

2) that's a tablet?

3 and 4) what is headshot? what is hitbox? what is movement inaccuracy? what is recoil? You showed me a game which focuses on movement aspects rather than aim, congratulations.
Ohrami

buny wrote:

1) silvia's dpi is still lowers than OP, and he's one of the selected players to be at that level at such a dpi

2) that's a tablet?

3 and 4) what is headshot? what is hitbox? what is movement inaccuracy? what is recoil? You showed me a game which focuses on movement aspects rather than aim, congratulations.
1) his DPI is lower, his sensitivity to move across the screen is higher

2) yes it is

3) a headshot is what he got several times in that first video against fast-moving targets. idk why you mention hitbox or movement inaccuracy, since it has nothing to do with the video. recoil has no effect in either of those games with the weapons being used, so another pointless statement

buny wrote:

You showed me a game which focuses on movement aspects rather than aim, congratulations.
play the game before you say retarded things about it. sounds like you've barely even played FPS in general considering you can't even see that his shot goes exactly where his crosshair is aiming every time. here's a higher quality video with some slow motion since you don't seem to be able to tell the crosshair is on their head without it

buny
most of the shots in that video are body shots
the "zombies" or whatever are NPCs I'm assuming, because they only move one direction and have predictable movement

3.40 in your quake video shows that this player has trouble hitting people that strafe left and right as opposed to constantly bhopping in 1 direction

i will admit that your sensitivity has to be a bit higher in games that involve fast movements such as quake and gunz but it is only to compensate for the speed that the players move and to be able to have enough space for your camera to do a 360
Ohrami
almost all of the shots on players in that last left 4 dead video are headshots. here, i'll point them out for you:
0:03 headshot, 0:20 headshot, 0:29 headshot, 0:33 headshot, 0:37 headshot, 0:41 headshot, 0:47 headshot, 0:51 headshot, 0:57 headshot, 1:00 headshot, 1:02 headshot
the ones that pounce in the air are players, the ones that just run around like retards are NPCs.

regarding that quake video: so does everyone else since aim prediction requires fast reactions more than raw control. the fact is that almost nobody else can get 70%+ accuracy that consistently on that many frags and most people use low sensitivity
buny
and what dpi are they using?

you swing your mouse much faster in osu than you do tracking an enemy on any of those games

and that quake example, i don't have to go too indepth with it but he misses quite a few easy shots on people that are close up, because they require more precise movement.
Ohrami

buny wrote:

and what dpi are they using?

you swing your mouse much faster in osu than you do tracking an enemy on any of those games
he uses 5700 dpi. no, you swing your mouse faster in left 4 dead 2 than you do in osu. also you completely ignored the point I made about SiLviA (the fact that his effective sensitivity is higher than OP's)

I hope you realize that situations like 3:40 in quake (close up to your opponent who is moving erratically back and forth with strafes) are the most difficult to aim in, and if you played the game you would know that
buny
it's not the same, because the actual velocity of your cursor is smaller compared to a larger screen.

And what rank is this guy on osu?

Kyou-kun wrote:

I hope you realize that situations like 3:40 in quake (close up to your opponent who is moving erratically back and forth with strafes) are the most difficult to aim in, and if you played the game you would know that
You let them walk into a crosshair like a normal person
You get them in the middle of their strafe, not between each A/D strafe
Ohrami
so all that matters is the actual velocity of your cursor? so by your logic 800 dpi should be just as OK at 640x480 (<1 inch to cross the screen) and 2560x1440 (2.4 inches to cross the screen). these are effectively the same (according to you), yes?

buny wrote:

You let them walk into a crosshair like a normal person
You get them in the middle of their strafe, not between each A/D strafe
well then that's not really aiming now is it?? not that I believe you would be able to do that against anyone half decent before being fragged yourself
Noobsicle
that fps guy's sensitivity doesn't look high at all
at ~1:08 in the quake video, he moves his mouse quite a bit to achieve a 180 degree turn
Ohrami

Noobsicle wrote:

at ~1:08 in the quake video, he moves his mouse quite a bit to achieve a 180 degree turn
it's 5 in/360 which means he used 2.5 inches to do a 180. you were probably including the parts where he was lifting his mouse off the pad, but if you watch carefully you'll see that he doesn't move it that much

average FPS player uses around ~15 in/360
Litenang
I think people judge sensitivity too much. I'm using 4800 dpi on a LASER mouse at 1x sensitivity on a 1280x800 window. I'm using raw input as a way to kind of cope with it. I use 6400 dpi to browse the web and to play most games. The decrease in sensitivity and smoothing is much welcome when I have to be much more precise, but I too am used to high dpi.

While I use a laser mouse, I have used an optical (high dpi optical mice cost way out of my budget) and I would recommend that if it's within your budget. The lack of acceleration is way better than with just a little. High dpi also kinda smudges that on a daily basis, so I notice it a lot less than if I were to use 800/1000dpi. Granted, I'm still on the lookout for a good mouse (looking for a good deal on the G402).
Noobsicle

Kyou-kun wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

it's 5 in/360 which means he used 2.5 inches to do a 180. you were probably including the parts where he was lifting his mouse off the pad, but if you watch carefully you'll see that he doesn't move it that much

average FPS player uses around ~15 in/360
ah, i didn't even realise that i move my mouse a fkload in fps games (i'm around 20in/360 in csgo ._.)
Topic Starter
defenz0r
The Roccat Kone Pure Core Optical is a tad smaller than a Kone XTD an recommend by NIXX.
I try that mouse @ Sunday and can give some Feedback.
Switched only cause my Kone XTD was to big for 16 cm Hands and liked a bit smaller mouse.
AmaiHachimitsu
Ok Kyou-chan, SiLviA used relatively high (but surely acceptable) sensitivity. I think I don't need to explain why. Just fucking look at his desk.

He's been playing on the same settings for a long time and mastered his tool - mouse.

But, you will never know what would it look like if he could use lower sensitivity. And I'm pretty sure you know the best that SiLviA doesn't have top-tier aiming scores, especially with HR (where precision is the key) which low-sens players do.

I already said it somewhere, but FPS game as an example is the worst one possible. Aiming at moving target while being on the move is totally different from what osu! is like. And there you are arguing whether it was headshot or not. LMAO

Your examples only support the fact that one can learn to play well on every sensitivity, it's totally true! But there is always the option that limits you the least. I don't think it's a coincidence that 9/10 pro mousers are low dpi players, you kind of can't argue over that.

And here we are giving advice to the OP whose settings at the start weren't just unfitting, they were ridiculous. That's why I said "go on" so he can realize it himself. He might as well as keep playing on high sens, he will surely become decent after months of practice. But this "decent" will probably the highest level he can reach.
I Give Up
As an experiment I am going to play guinea pig and lower my dpi to 800 for the next 2 weeks. Watch this space.

First impression: well, its definitely more fun. Pretty exciting actually, my arm goes WOOSH. And just yesterday I learnt how to single tap. My playstyle has changed drastically lol. Hopefully for the best.
Topic Starter
defenz0r

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

And here we are giving advice to the OP whose settings at the start weren't just unfitting, they were ridiculous. That's why I said "go on" so he can realize it himself. He might as well as keep playing on high sens, he will surely become decent after months of practice. But this "decent" will probably the highest level he can reach.
This is a harsh and a daring offense. With this you say im not get good.
How can you know this ? Got Cultris II Rank ~ 200 global in some months, and i play not much.
You judge people you dont know, thats stupid :D. I created this Account 2 years ago, then after 2 years i started playing a bit.
Its like - starting as a Noob can never and as a professional. Please think more about your words.
AmaiHachimitsu
Offense? Seriously?

Since when underestimating supported with experience and knowledge is an offense?

Let's do it again:

defenz0r, prove me wrong, there is no time limit.

The only person who proved me wrong till now was Kyou-kun (coincidence, huh) when he finally reached med-high level HR which I doubted he would.

You are in far worse position, but... good luck : )
Topic Starter
defenz0r
Ah, Experience ? This means youre a fortune teller?
May youre good at Osu! but you cant know how much people can raise skill.
You dont have enough parameters to do that.
How can you know this? You may underrating people...
My experience says, much underrated people can grew up to professionals.
As you dont think i even can get much better, i say its only a matter of time.
Can you even prove that i can't get more than youre mind says?
I did apply the correct settings the user telled me in this topic,@ begin i did read the beginners Guide, but there wasnt any information about correct Settings.
At least i found a Tablet user Guide.

And why is "Precision" mode / Direct Hardware access a bad idea?
Doenst Windows alternate the Mouse accuracy? I want a reason.

And why i stand i a bad position ?
-sev
Oh my days, this thread is exquisite.
AmaiHachimitsu
/me sighs

I never had intention to start heavy discussion since it's like banging a wall with your head, but well.....

defenz0r wrote:

Ah, Experience ? This means youre a fortune teller? I think me playing mouse on arguably high level for 3 years straight can be called "experience"

May youre good at Osu! but you cant know how much people can raise skill. I have witnessed more prodigies who reached very high level, so I actually can (to some extent)

You dont have enough parameters to do that.
How can you know this? You may underrating people... I don't need the parameters, I know the nature of this game. And yes, I stated it myself that I'm underrating people, but I have my reasons

My experience says, much underrated people can grew up to professionals.
As you dont think i even can get much better, i say its only a matter of time. That's why I challenged you, prove me wrong, that is "get to the high level in reasonably short period". It matters if you achieve pro-level in one year and in seven

Can you even prove that i can't get more than youre mind says? My english can't decipher this line

I did apply the correct settings the user telled me in this topic,@ begin i did read the beginners Guide, but there wasnt any information about correct Settings. Why are you making excuses when you're being so stubborn? I said it already: GO ON and play the way you want to
At least i found a Tablet user Guide.

And why is "Precision" mode / Direct Hardware access a bad idea? Precision mode takes into account the speed of your movement along with the distance, you need to master both distance and speed instead of just distance. It's unintuitive and simply crappy for games like osu! It could work for Quake or something
Doenst Windows alternate the Mouse accuracy? I want a reason. Again, I can't comprehend this question. All I can say that changing windows sensitivity causes pixel skipping. But I have no idea what you actually asked me

And why i stand i a bad position ? Kyou had it easier, just that
Topic Starter
defenz0r
My English warnt Gold enough to understand the full context in its whole nature.
Wasnt*
Currently im writing with my cellphone.
I wanna try to archieve that level of Skill.
Sorry for my misunderstanding. Sorry for my offense
I aggree.