forum

Smite

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyonko Hizara

Vulf wrote:

I like the new remodel, but if their reasoning for it was because some Chinese players didn't recognise her as nu wa then it's kinda retarded. Makes me worry for future remodels that aren't necessarily needed. D:
Her old design looked more Asian tho. I think now she looks Native American.
- L A U R A -
Let's sub for solo from an amateur team, It'll be fun they said. We won't have 2 stronk teams that early, they said. They firstpicked 2 snowball gods, let's go for full lategame... BOOM. Watch the replay for some amazing Vulcan ults :/ At least killed PrettyPriMe 2 times. We were hoping for lategame with Rama, Chronos, Kali and Janus. When their Ne Zha could only suicide, Thanatos and damage Ymir being a walking free kill and only Vulcan and Serket having chances to kill actually one of us. They "trollpicked" and invaded... Our duo lost against Ne Zha ADC and Thanatos Support.
https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=87552204

Also, I'm amazed how they just change rules during the tournament. Your WHOLE TEAM, aka all 5 people, had to be in the roaster but Agilitas had just 1. Mods response: I think we all know Agilitas roaster by now. To be honest, I didn't even know they existed.
Kyonko Hizara
I go to play and they have the whole server closed off right now unless you're in the Kickoff LAN. That's nice.
- L A U R A -
Happens more then you like... My Smite lyfe ;(
Vulf

A true assassin never dies. >:)
Kyonko Hizara
The assassin is too strong with you. Most people I see play Fenrir go in, kill someone, then immediately get killed by someone else.

aaaa finally I have enough favor to get another character. I'll prolly get scylla
Soulclenz
My fav assassin is still Arachne. Buff Arachne nerf all other's ty.
Kyonko Hizara
If I could play assassin well I'd want Arachne. I've heard also she jungles well.
Vulf
I hope they rework Arachne (or leave her how she is) because I still have nightmares when she was ridiculous in the jungle. Not even release Fenrir could compete with her and release Fenrir was pretty damn broken.

Anyways I got a few of my friends to play this game and it was quite hilarious. One fed really hard, quit and said the game was terrible, while the other 2 liked it. So I might have enough people for premades soon. :)
- L A U R A -
Even if Arachne is weak atm, she is probably my least favorite god. Not only because I dislike spiders, also because her kit is boring. Compare her to other assassins and you'll see. Also, some card changes and legendary/diamond skin changes for next patch. You get legendary at rank 5 and diamond at rank 10. For some reason I can't get diamond loki?! on PTS. I think these stats are with domination stats? idk.
Vulf
Does that mean I have to buy it again? If you don't get any special loading border like you did for the legendary skins I won't bother for awhile because they look really bad in game.
Kyonko Hizara
a 3v5 I won in an arena a few days ago

The Baccus and Arachne dropped before the game even started
Vulf
I've also won a 3v5 before. LOL

Oddly enough in this game with enough coordination with your team you can win with a disadvantage like that.
Kyonko Hizara
It feels so good to win a 3v5 tho. I've ended up in 2 other 3v5 but both those times nobody knew what to do and they kept going off and fighting alone and getting killed.
Vulf
The loading card animation for the diamond skins are amazing!
- L A U R A -
I won a 1v3 in joust once. 2 of my friends played with me and both are brothers and their internet died. The enemy team was bad though...

Diamond Nemesis looks amazing *-* and they have the same animation for legendary! The new Merc skin *-*

Also, bought randomly 5 chests and got Art 2012 convention skin. My luck...
- L A U R A -
Latenight games are best games. And heavy hammer invades are too much fun especially when rushing fatalis after. https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/match-details.aspx?match=91995232
Kyonko Hizara
I've never played an assassin before and got Bastet and played her for the first time just now. I won my first game with her and got the 2nd most kills and least deaths so I don't think I'm doing too badly.
- L A U R A -
Assassins are too much fun, they need a lot more work then mages who just throw their stuff into fights. And Bastet is so fun to play, with that pounce. What do you build on her? I mostly go for Transcendence or Hearthseeker, then pen boots and jotuns, after it's mostly Titans Bane and some crit or defense. I like magis blessing on her as well. Her recolor is really awesome!
Vulf
You get rewarded for playing an assassin well in this game. Good feeling.
- L A U R A -
I love the status thing in smite, changing it everyday :D

Vulf
So the new god basically has Ao Kuangs's kit while the current Ao Kuang is removed until his new kit is ready? Really weird they did it that way. I knew they were going to give him some of Ao's kit, but I didn't expect them to just paste the whole thing directly onto him. LOL

Also the Fenrir dance is exactly the same as Warwick's from LoL. I freakin love it and it was an insta buy for me!
Vulf
Double post because I'm excited for this!

Holy shit! I really want this skin really badly already and I hope to god that it isn't a chest exclusive one. I'm going to be super sad if it is. :(
- L A U R A -
Isn't it an oddysey item? I don't get that oddysey thing but just hoping for an awesome Chronos/Kali skin. But Odin mid/early dmg so high wtf is that. An Arachne and Odin got actually OP. Never thought I'd say that...
Vulf
The Smite Wiki says it is but from my experience you never trust wiki's on unreleased content when it comes to games. It also has it as a 600 gem skin and from what I saw the quality doesn't look like it should cost 600 (it could be unfinished though). I'll still buy it for 600 because the whole top hat and monocle thing on a wolf is hilarious. Definitely going to be my favorite skin.

If you have a source on it being an odyssey item please share. I'm really anxious about this item being a chest exclusive which could potentially mean I'd have to spend like $150 for it. I really hate these chest exclusive skins because it makes the company look really greedy when they pull things like that.

The Odyssey reminds me of a spenders tier list that almost every MMO does. Meaning if you buy all the items on it you get a special exclusive item. It's just to get people to spend a massive amount of money. Not hating on Hi-Rez for this but this definitely sounds like Tencent's doing. LOL
- L A U R A -
Saw the oddysey info on reddit and truth is like 50/50 on reddit. Yeah, chests seem kind of braindead. Got second place in a 1v1 tourney and won giveaways, gave out 4k gems for treasure chests now left with 100s of days boosters from all the vps I got. 2 people I know bought everything in the game via chests which is actually smart considering you save about 200~ gems per purchase. I still prefer saving for skins I actually like then mindless spending money on something I'll never use.
Vulf
The idea of chest is fine (oh i have 200 gems but i don't really want anything in particular? *BUYS CHEST!*) but having exclusive skins in them is not. Fact of the matter is you shouldn't force people to dump loads of money on a gambling system for a piece of content they want. Other than all Fenrir skins and a couple of ward skins I'm not really interested in much of the other content.

Basically me dumping $150 for a single skin I want is a complete waste of money because I would probably never ever use any of the other stuff I'd get from it.

No other MobA does this aside from dota 2 but it's no where near as bad since there is a trading system within the game which is still very heavily frowned upon . LoL's chest doesn't have exclusive content aside from seasonal skins that are obtainable during their respective holiday events that come back every year. You can wait for the skin to come back into the store.

Honestly in the end a system like that is more likely to get me to stop spending money on their game because no one really wants to support a company that is blatantly money grubbing.

I'm really get worked up about this. :(

TL;DR Chest are good. Exclusive chest content is not.
Kyonko Hizara
It feels a bit odd transitioning from Ao to Kuku since Kuku has wings and is all flappy and shit. He's pretty cool tho. I call him the ButterNoodle.
Vulf
I'm curious what they plan to do with Ao Kuang on the redesign?

Anyways... I always find it incredibly funny that the people who cry and moan super hard about an off meta comp do the worst and end up getting carried.

Double assassin lane was retarded.
Kyonko Hizara
For his redesign, they are basically just giving him legs to make him closer to the real Ao.
Vulf
I'm not really concerned with the in game model more so of his new kit. If his model drastically changes it was probably because the chinese overlords complained just like they did with Nu Wa.
Kyonko Hizara
I seriously hope his new moves won't suck ;-;
Chinese > everyone
Vulf
YES!
Classy Fenrir pretty much confirmed for an Odyssey item. My wallet is so happy.
- L A U R A -
Nice :D I hope they will release a Kali skin and Chronos Skin. Or atleast remake the ugly convention 2013 card. Kali legendary looks sick, gotta admit. The demon slayer card looks cool ^-^ but ingame the skin is just grey and boring :/
Vulf
After being on the smite reddit and forums lately. I'm kinda disgusted with a lot of the people there already. Mostly due to how they react to things like new skins (content in general) and odyssey items.

New Fenrir skin datamined > Everyone complains that it's probably chest exclusive (including me).
Skin pretty much confirmed for Odyssey > A ton of people complain that it's NOT chest exclusive and it shouldn't be Odyssey.

Then a mass amount of people start bitching about Hel not getting an Odyssey skin. Not that she doesn't need a new skin but she sure as hell doesn't need to have 2 limited edition skins as her ONLY skins. At least new Fenrir players after this event will still have access to Metal Carnage, Frostfang and the Diamond Skin that looks good in game.

Honestly people just need to chill out when it comes to content. Unless it's chest exclusive then you have every right to be upset about that. I feel so bad for the Bacchus players right now. :(
- L A U R A -
People like complaining and circlejerking on reddit. And sooner or later, gods will get skins, look at Mercury who had no skin for such a long time.

not like anybody plays hel

looks like the Fenrir skin is quite cheap with it's 400 gems (compared to the other odyssey items).
Vulf
The circle jerking is real. LOL
People get so emotionally upset when you disagree with them too. haha

From the looks of it a Hel skin probably is a lot more difficult to do when compared to other gods since she basically has 2 models. Similar issue with a champion on League until Riot basically said "FUCK IT! If we are doing a skin for this champion it's going to cost $30 bucks." XD

Honestly I would have gladly payed 600 gems for the Fenrir skin. The VP alone is worth that price, but 400 is definitely a fair honest deal. I also got Diamond Sword Ares from the chest roll which is a god I play when Fenrir is picked. So I definitely got way more than I payed for!
Vulf
I swear all I do is lose in Smite now. Went from a 58% winrate to 52% in 2 damn days! Everyone on the forums said it's because all the arena and assault players are flooding conquest for the free gems so i get some pretty horrible players on my team almost every game. :(

I did manage to win a 4v5 just now though.

It's been a long time on any moba I've carried this hard. Quite frustrating actually. :(
Kyonko Hizara
I just played a Seige with one of my friends and the way we won was too fucking beautiful. While the 2 enemies up were pushing with their seige jug and their other 2 not being up for 30-40 seconds, he was playing Mercury and just went though the jungle and tanked their titan. We had their titan at really low health and he was hitting auto for like 900 but it was still fucking glorious.
Vulf
There is nothing wrong with splitpushing. Matter of fact it's the only way I can win and carry games. I even get fed while doing it too.

Doesn't work all the time because some people are just impossible to carry like this 0/24 Hel I played with yesterday. Oh well my winrate in smite is really bad now but at least I still have a decent kda...
show more