forum

Custom Catch The Beat characters (UPDATED 17-05-13)

posted
Total Posts
show more
adelin07
how can i play with any of those custom CTB characters? :-| i'm sorry for this stupid question, but i don't know.
adam2046

Rolled wrote:

To use the custom characters, all you need to do is replace the current fruit-ryuuta.png in whatever skin you are using and you are set.
Dragvon
Made this in 5 seconds lmao:

(The plate top is wrong, but live with it xD)

More weird stuff :

Esupanitix
Don't add me to that shopping cart one. I'm gonna go work on my skin.
KaitouKid1412
i tried to add my custom catch the beat character in but it doesn't work. in the folder of the skin that i'm using, there isn't a origianl fruit-ryuuta.png file. someone help me plz. :cry: and this is what my ctb character looks like if it helps solve this problem

Bestelle
>fruit-ryuuta.png.png
There lies the problem. Remove ".png" from the actual file name.
If the skin doesn't have a "fruit-ryuuta.png" just means it's not using a custom one, or something else. Meaning you can just throw your own in there if you feel like it. If it does have it, you just replace it.

Starrodkirby86
p.s. You should give some white to that character, or else he's going to be see through while playing. Big time.
KaitouKid1412

RL Link wrote:

>fruit-ryuuta.png.png
There lies the problem. Remove ".png" from the actual file name.
If the skin doesn't have a "fruit-ryuuta.png" just means it's not using a custom one, or something else. Meaning you can just throw your own in there if you feel like it. If it does have it, you just replace it.
Tyvm!! now i can use my character!! thx a lot!

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

p.s. You should give some white to that character, or else he's going to be see through while playing. Big time.
Woops! forgot to color that in earlier! thx for pointing that out. now i colored it in with a greyish color.

popoyo
Mio and Miku ^^

Esupanitix
Popoyo, you stole my idea of the fruit bowl being on the character's head. They are good anyway.
GladiOol

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

Popoyo, you stole my idea of the fruit bowl being on the character's head. They are good anyway.
Wait wut?
Bestelle
Did someone just say Mio? Saved.
Thank ye Popoyo.
Jinxy

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Page 1's post

Is that so.
Esupanitix

JInxyjem wrote:

Is that so.
Weegee's not holding it up. That's what I meant. >.>
m980
hmm
hmm
hmm
hmm

Just sayin'
RemmyX25
Weegee please stop posting in this thread unless you have something constructive to add.
Skyripper
ummmm... skipper ?!?!?!

Metruzero

popoyo wrote:

Mio and Miku ^^
YES! I LOVE YOU!
Arusha Shuna

popoyo wrote:

miku ^^
INSTANT PERSONAL SKIN ELEMENT :)
happy30
>w<

MrCamel_old
Kirby >□<

XeaxlXV
how do I download these things?

I want the cirno one from the first page, and I want the kirby one from this page
Skyripper
do you have any skins downloaded?

If not, open osume.exe in your osu!'s root directory. Click the Skins tab, then pick a skin (or a few).

If you do already have a custom skin, right click one of the images you want to use and click Save as. Find your osu! folder and then the skins directory then pick a skin (that you use or will be using). Save it there as "fruit-ryuuta.png". Everything should work after that.

Oh yeah, if you haven't selected the skin you will be using in the options, do that too.
RandomJibberish
If you don't want to change any of your existing skins, simply make a folder and put your "fruit-ryuuta.png" in it. Then make a file in notepad called "skin.ini" with the following information in it:

Name: Put a name for the skin here. (e.g. Kirby CTB)
Author: Put your name here.

And put that in there too. Then you can just pick it off the skin menu.
nyana
This took like 3 mins xD

rcmero

This was completely done in GIMP.

Custom graphics by legendofzeldarocks (http://legendofzeldarocks.deviantart.com)

Flipjick wrote:

I made a custom Ness one just using his sprite... but it is only in my Earthbound skin... crippes.
The plate's a bit low, don't ya think?
popoyo

happy30 wrote:

>w<
Sanae is a good girl :3.You should make more~
WiiAndii
Hi,

I´m not really new here, I downloaded osu! quite a while ago, but lately I decided to be a little bit more active.

I've just made a CTB Character for a Beatmap I´m working on at the moment. Just in case you don't see it, it´s supposed to be Ash from Pokemon.^^ Please tell me what you think.

I created it by editing the original CTB character in Paint.NET.

Dragvon
That Ash is pretty nice. But try to fix his cap :3 it's kinda weird
Kitsunemimi

happy30 wrote:

>w<
Her hair clip/accessories are on the wrong side!! D:
RandomJibberish
It doesn't really matter since the character is flipped half the time.
happy30
yes, I flipped her on purpose or else it would look weird ingame >.<
Lesjuh

Harris73 wrote:

happy30 wrote:

>w<
Her hair clip/accessories are on the wrong side!! D:
Seriously what the fuck...
Corrderio
8-bit Link:

Also, I think this thread has a lot of potental. Any chance we can get this made into a sticky?

EDIT: Fixed the character pic.

EDIT2: Minor tweaks

Topic Starter
Rolled
It is stickied atm :P

Also, I have all the characters saved to my harddrive atm. If anybody has any suggestions on how I can display them all in the OP with a sort of thumbnail-view so it doesn't clog up the whole page, let me know.
Corrderio
Ack, my bad.Thought the announcements were the stickies.

Anyway. I can try to whip something up for you in the morning. I was going to suggest putting everything in a .RAR on the OP.

EDIT: One more before I call it a night. Good gold gamblin' man Setzer!

Topic Starter
Rolled
Most people wouldn't want to download the whole bunch, though I will include a .rar as well as thumbnails. What I was thinking is a few columns of thumbnails----

Scratch that I know what I'm going to do. It will be a pain though. Expect the OP updated in an hour or two.
Corrderio
True, however they're pretty small but they wouldn't be a huge burden.

But since you got it figured out. Go for it.

Until then. Guess I'll work on my FF6 characters tomorrow as well as my beatmaps.
Topic Starter
Rolled
All done updating OP, like a year after thread was created~
Corrderio
Awesome, now all we need to do is ask peppy for is a feature where you can change your CtB character instead of having to keep moving crap around :3
show more