forum

Friend notes.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Myke B
Here's my suggestion: add an option to put notes on friends.

Reason: I have friends that I haven't seen in a long time, and it would be helpful to future me if I could put notes on friends so I can remember where I met them, who they are, etc..
Oinari-sama
t/118386

EDIT: Actually I'm not sure where's the best place for the Friend Notes conversation to continue. Let's wait for words from a mod.

I'll copy my comments over from the other thread just in case:

Why don't we consider a battle.net style "Add Friend Note" feature? Users can add comments to their friends (via user menu) and have it displayed when you hover cursor over the note icon.

This is what I had in mind (sorry for the poor quality 2min illustration):

The comments should be limited to roughly 150 characters (sms length) so the comment box can "grow" downwards and occupy the height of the user panel if need be.
iSpR1Te
This is a great idea. You could put "add notes" as another number when you click on someones name.

Redback
I started this on a new thread, but it's probably better here. Definitely want to bump it.

Hello readers!

I've been playing a lot more recently, and really a lot more in the multiplayer rooms. When I'm in these rooms, I tend to enjoy chatting a lot and have ended up making a number of friends from such conversations. This usually ends up meaning that we add eachother as mutual friends.

Now, a few months later, I'll look at my friends list and not be able to remember a single person on there. I would love to reconnect with some of these people, but there are some whereby I cannot remember the context in which we met. This problem is overcome in other games, such as World of Warcraft and League of Legends, by adding a notes feature to a friend.

My request is that we are able to set, edit and view notes placed on friends in the friend list. This would allow me to add notes such as "Met in multi - streamer and LoL player" - or something of the same vein. It does not need to be anything more than a few lines of text.

I'm sure this has happened to everyone else at some stage, because it's certainly not natural to remember everyone for long periods of time. It's such a simple solution, that I don't think it'd be too much to ask for.
Thanks,
Redback93
Kaeru
I agree that this would be nice. In case you didn't know though, all chat logs are saved to a folder. You can use this to your advantage by simply checking your history you have with a particular user (though this is obviously only useful if you use private chat). You can also even add a note to each chat file when you meet a person (the name of the file is simply that user's name, so it's easy to look through them) if you ever need to remember them.

I would like to see song notes first (I know this has been requested somewhere before) and searching by notes (not sure if this has been mentioned). Basically, if a particular song that I like to use DT on has a lot of doubles in it for example, I want to be able to add a note that says "DT, doubles". Then, when I type "DT doubles" in the search box, I'd like to only see songs with these tags. It's much easier than managing collections in my opinion, though collections are still useful for other things.
xasuma
+2 stars. SUpport