forum

[duplicate] Spectrum Analyzer for Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
If any of you who have used aegisub, you should know what I'm talking about. The spectrum analyzer mode is what I use to time karaoke subtitles.

What if this is implemented in the Editor?

It might not be as useful sometimes in a heavily loud music (ie. Rock and sorry if I offended some of you "fans" out there) but it could be useful with bass heavy or instrumental music where you get random piano keys everywhere. I'm not saying that this could replace anything, all I'm saying that this could make things easier (it could act as a guideline for example, of where things are...).

Of course you will be able to toggle this on or off. And yes, I am aware of this thread. It's just that the thread uses another type of wave which is a lot harder to read. Also, I'm pretty sure that five years later (at the time of writing relative to the thread), most PCs should be able to handle this.

And last but not least, I think it's also good for beginners (like me) who's trying to make beatmaps (that would probably be ended up in the graveyard ;w;).

The picture below is just an example, I used the sound from Date A Live II first EP via aegisub and the map doesn't belong to me.

Maybe it could look something like this:

Feel free to mark this as a dupe if you want.
deadbeat edit: t/169068
quaternary
That could help with timing an awful lot. Great idea.
- Marco -
I like this, i will wait for a mod to confirm this and then i will star :D
Maruyu
I have no stars ;w; Totally support this.