forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

TheVileOne wrote:

You're going to get a lot more copyright strikes if you keep uploading videos to osu! Consider uploading to a site that doesn't care about copyright.
Any recommendations?

Also.....I played so much today (I think 12 hours?)

2360 pp, almost 4 digit ranking @_@

Also....wrist got a bit bruised from playing so long xD
Vuelo Eluko

TheVileOne wrote:

You're going to get a lot more copyright strikes if you keep uploading videos to osu! Consider uploading to a site that doesn't care about copyright.
or start playing doubletime only :)
takaharrue
Can you share with me how you manage 9-10 hours a day? I can barely play 1 hour without starting to make dumb mistakes and not being able to play anything
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

takaharrue wrote:

Can you share with me how you manage 9-10 hours a day? I can barely play 1 hour without starting to make dumb mistakes and not being able to play anything
It's really a mindset thing. You notice your "dumb" mistakes (they're not) a lot more than your good play, but in reality you could be making equal if not more good plays than bad plays but unfortunately bad plays have a much higher impact, especially when trying to FC.

Try to shrug off the miss or slider break you might get upset from, if it happens over and over again though, I would advise playing a different map to prevent yourself from tilting.

Unfortunately for me, I don't really follow my own advice (as seen in my signature). But when I follow my own advice, it really helps a lot with consistency.
Coffee Hero

Woobowiz wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

Any recommendations?
you stream on twitch right? just use their highlight system . (kinda sucks because it takes like 800 years to load but you wont lose the videos)
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Shirokami- wrote:

you stream on twitch right? just use their highlight system . (kinda sucks because it takes like 800 years to load but you wont lose the videos)
Are they embeddable like youtube videos?

Also speaking of youtube, FC of the Day (video cuts a little in the beginning, but the rest is fine)

Twitch Mirror : http://www.twitch.tv/woobowiz2/c/4364406
Kanye West

Kirai- wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

12k rank after 3 months of tablet play isn't impressive. And his best score is chase the light lol.
maybe you are just jealous
How could you possibly arrive to that conclusion.

I stated a fact, not an opinion.

Many others have improved way faster than this guy, like Tom94, Delis, schlafen etc. They don't attentionwhore.
Blueprint
It's a good topic none the less there are none
TheVileOne
It's not about the destination, but the journey.

Also it is obvious that some people have joined the game with more natural talent than others. It takes time and effort to catch up skill wise and one can only do so much in a day.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
2406 pp 4 Digit Ranking (as of this post)

Played for 13 hours and 30 minutes today

Literally feel like I'm dying and my wrist is swollen.
Redon

Woobowiz wrote:

Videogames
Hydro7
Lmao careful dude, relax a little before going back at it full time, you need SOME kinda break, maybe like a modest 5 hours a day for a little. xD
xasuma

Redon wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

Videogames
oh god. I laughed , haha
EcksDee

Woobowiz wrote:

If you play like that you'll destroy your arms. Take more breaks.
VoidnOwO

Woobowiz wrote:

Get a job and play "only" 5 hours a day? Time or your age doesn't seem to be an issue.
Vuelo Eluko
i see your sig woobowiz
but i think my method is much better

shavit
How to practice aim/reading: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/257870
Play the default 180 version with half time and improve accuracy to more than 90%, get less than 40 misses and then do the same at the 185 version.
Tada! Your jumps, accuracy and reading are improving.
Now play the 180 squares with HT until you get less than 50 misses and try get your accuracy to higher than 85%.
After you're done with that do the same for 185 squares.

NOW:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/257951
The same process. 180 >> 200, 185 >> 205.

After all that process is done, play all the ranked/approved TAG maps. (DJPop's, Lesjuh's TAG and Louis Cypher's TAG4)
Make sure you can pass all of them and you can probably read/aim 10 times better than you could.

- COOKIEZI TIER -
Pettanko

Woobowiz wrote:

You should change the title of the thread to "The Road to Carpal Tunnel"
YukinoDesuDesu

Pettanko wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

You should change the title of the thread to "The Road to Carpal Tunnel"
LOL
gameon123321
You are so lucky to have a tablet! Mouses are kinda slow, and they are hard to track at high distances (especially with an unsteady wrist).

Just one piece of advice: You don't have to go for S, I find it more efficient to go for A (but S looks better)

Best of luck to you!
silmarilen
when did people start thinking osu caused carpal tunnel anyway?
EcksDee

silmarilen wrote:

"In general, anything that crowds, irritates or compresses the median nerve in the carpal tunnel space can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome."

The tunnel is in your wrist, on the palm-side. I guess you can imagine the wrist movements in osu! causing the syndrome, maybe.
Not a doctor yknow
silmarilen

can our doctor kanye west say something about this?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Btw, the FC from yesterday that I was too tired to post then

Also, I respect Kanye West's criticism (not the artist), I simply need to earn his respect and prove what I can become.
Pettanko

silmarilen wrote:

rsi, carpal tunnel, its all the same thing (not really)

either way if you play as much as the OP does for like a year you'll probably fuck something up in your hand
Hydro7
I don't know, some people get problems faster than others, but yes, try to either not play 25 hours a day, OR try play in a non self-destructive manner. Better maintain your physical abilities to actually reach the top, rather than collapsing under your own weight and not being able to play at all anymore. By all means continue getting those ranks, but get familiar with the signs of RSI, Carpal Tunnel, and Cubital Tunnel (The one we discussed earlier, the pinky and ring finger getting numb).

Otherwise, congrats on 4 digits!! (Yeah I know I said all these before too, but just kicking up some posts, I am new to the forums still. xD)
iderekmc

Woobowiz wrote:

lolololol
ballplay
you need to take a break
ivan
I wish I could like Kaynes comment 100 times
Rewben2

Ivan wrote:

I wish I could like Kaynes comment 100 times
cool
dennischan
what do you consider your most impressive play?
Ive been stalking you for a moment and Im quite interested at how well you play after only a few months
*already added u as friend
edit: think Ive spectated you a few times, dont know if you saw me
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

dennischan wrote:

what do you consider your most impressive play?
Ive been stalking you for a moment and Im quite interested at how well you play after only a few months
*already added u as friend
edit: think Ive spectated you a few times, dont know if you saw me
Hi, while none of my plays can't really be considered "impressive" to high skill level players, I'm most proud of one FC atm.

Ayesha Altugle
I will give you some sort of challlenge: (I know this is already pretty easy for you)

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/164927

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/34468
Sylveon
currently 1470pp 1 month in, hopefully i can keep improving :d
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
We DT Now.

Also, "DT Power Hour" streams will be considerably shorter than regular streaming sessions because it really takes a lot of energy to single tap at BPMs I never played before. @_@

Surprise FC of the Day :
Karuta-_old_1
I should stop browsing the forums and start playing
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

I should stop browsing the forums and start playing
I'm coming for your rank bud :^)
EcksDee
Pls state your entire stream practicing history
You now burst better than me too lol.
[-Cloud-]