forum

UK osu!standard 2 [Concluded - Mudkipz wins!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
spook
I'll probably take part if the map pool is good even though i'll lose early on. (since i'm bad)
daredakke
We'll see how it goes.

Might as well try to have some fun along the way.
ibecolours
Lets go
Topic Starter
Lapis-
After one day of open signups, we got 48 signed. Thats quite crazy. o_O
Riari
Dibs on fighting Yoishi.
CRAYU
Jerome
deleted
Neroh
Looking forward to some friendly competition! :D
Syrus
Anyone know when the tournament will take place?
Topic Starter
Lapis-
14/15th or 22/23th. Then every weekend after that until its over.

UPDATE: TOURNAMENT IS FULL! 64/64!

Player list + seedings to follow! Stay tuned!!
Blaziken
Am hype.
slithien
I wish I had enough free time to play this :(
Bets on Kry winning :P
Lach
Again, same thing as last time, I don't think it's a good idea that staff (map pickers, especially) are allowed to participate. I REALLY don't think it's fair. Either way, best of luck to everyone.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Theres only one staff playing: Me. I play competitively so I don't want to miss out on a chance to compete with my clansmen.
jasian
Will any of the games be streamed in any way?
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Not sure yet.
Sway
Well I'm screwed.
Rinnou Kouriri
WELL I GUESS I HAVE TO WAKE UP AT 5 AM AGAIN. For two days though this time. Being referee and having an 8 hour time difference isn't really a smart idea. ;;
Anyways, I look forward to hosting this and meeting all you interesting people.
AmaiHachimitsu
I choose most of maps anyway, don't whine about Portal playing :DDD

Remember that you can always blame Andrea
Jerome
deleted
Topic Starter
Lapis-

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

I choose most of maps anyway, don't whine about Portal playing :DDD

Remember that you can always blame Andrea
#BlameAndrea
Tekklorn
R. I. P destructor966 hahaha

On a serious note, good luck all and I'll be sure to try and watch some of the matches

Context: I know him, I'm not being a dick to someone I don't know lol
Spayyce
Everyone is rank 1000 and I am just sitting here: Rank 87000

Well done on beating me.
Phos-

KyleDinny wrote:

Everyone is rank 1000 and I am just sitting here: Rank 87000

Well done on beating me.
Grats everyone we beat KyleDinny \o/
Toran

ibecolours wrote:

Lets go
I lost first round of the last tourney to brad
AmaiHachimitsu
We should add a rule that ponies are forbidden here.
WeedMaster_old

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Seconded.
Phos-

WeedMaster wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Seconded.
CPTW

Fluttershy03 wrote:

That's why ;P
Raiku
I completely relate with the amount of effort put into this but I have to make something apparent: The tournament looks massively rigged in Portallifes favour, as much as i love you portal, it seems all the pros are bunched together and you have a free pass to the final.

Doomy, could this be, jesse and raharu all face each other within 3 games, I happen to face mudkipz first game and it seems a bunch of low ranks are facing each other all at the start, I urge you to rethink the seeding so the pros have a chance to reach the final and really test their skill then the hard maps come out, because right now alot of us are facing each other within the top 10 when the maps are super easy and it will only be an accuracy war.

Here is my compelling evidence: PortalPass:

Pro vs Pro 2nd game, no other top 10 deals with this

below is poor just miku who has to face doomy again first round as with the last tourney, give him a break?

seems like 5 of the top 10 are facing each other within the first 3 games here, you NEED to space the seeds out more, this placing needs re thinking, random number generator just wont work.

I am completely fine with a challenge but il reiterate on the accuracy war point, the whole point of this tournament is to have pros face each other on the hardest maps, not easy insanes like crazy hot nomod where 1x100 = lose.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
IT was a randomly generated bracket. I did not manipulate this bracket in any way.
I am a competitive player also, I am strongly against this sort of behaviour or cheating.
The fact you tried to accuse me of this is quite disgusting.
You're also quite subtly insulting everyone in that upper bracket.
Don't go spreading these lies please. If you really believe this, you are free to drop out this tournament and give your a opponent a win.
Doomsday is Bad
Sorry but

Can we just stop arguing about shit and play

Portal got shit for it being unfair on the first torny,
So he randomises it for everyone (Cus people told him too) and gets more shit

I mean come on.

EDIT: RNG is random. I didn't complain when I was against a top tier player 1st round last torny due to Dodef taking leave (would have been seed 16 on 17 i beleive). I just took it on the chin and tried. Its not like this is MLG 360NOSCOPZ battle where you have to get first or you get fired from faze :^)

We can still work out the kinks in the next torny. I might just put everyone name in a hat and pull it out.

EDIT2: Also I would have joined this torny but 30fps laptop plays is too good 4 u. Sorry I couldn't be a livestreamer for this event like me and Portal planned. Maybe next time.
Navi
Good luck to everyone playing, this will be a fun weekend :)
WeedMaster_old

Raiku wrote:

I completely relate with the amount of effort put into this but I have to make something apparent: The tournament looks massively rigged in Portallifes favour, as much as i love you portal, it seems all the pros are bunched together and you have a free pass to the final.

Doomy, could this be, jesse and raharu all face each other within 3 games, I happen to face mudkipz first game and it seems a bunch of low ranks are facing each other all at the start, I urge you to rethink the seeding so the pros have a chance to reach the final and really test their skill then the hard maps come out, because right now alot of us are facing each other within the top 10 when the maps are super easy and it will only be an accuracy war.

Here is my compelling evidence: PortalPass:

Pro vs Pro 2nd game, no other top 10 deals with this

below is poor just miku who has to face doomy again first round as with the last tourney, give him a break?

seems like 5 of the top 10 are facing each other within the first 3 games here, you NEED to space the seeds out more, this placing needs re thinking, random number generator just wont work.

I am completely fine with a challenge but il reiterate on the accuracy war point, the whole point of this tournament is to have pros face each other on the hardest maps, not easy insanes like crazy hot nomod where 1x100 = lose.
Your PortalPass theory is flawed as his second game is vs. the winner of group H, he will likely play Charleyzard 2nd round, as most UK players know that is a very challenging opponent to face second round for any player, you cut out a key part of the bracket.
Starry-

Raiku wrote:

I'm sorry but I had to log in and comment on this.
It definitely was randomly generated and I saw so myself. If you are able to propose a better seeding system where every single matchup is well thought then feel free to, but I think for now this will be sufficient. Accusing PortalLife of 'rigging' the tourney like that is pretty humorous - as much as I respect you, Raiku, proof post like that really can't be taken seriously.
pielak213
­
Could This Be

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

RIP Starry- :'(
AmaiHachimitsu
Portal is weak, just saying.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Match timetable/Map pool is out!

There is one match missing because im not sure what time it'll be. Ill contact the players about that.
ChicagoTed
Only wanted to play round 1 anyway q.q
show more