forum

osu!tablet feedback

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zinkon

Avail wrote:

Tick "Fullscreen" in your osu options to switch to the directx/opengl renderer and disable desktop composition.
It is mostly windows that causes that input lag.
Oh I know what you mean. I've already fixed my VSync issues a long time ago. The delay is not even close to being that bad. It's hardly noticable. It is only barely noticable on 200 bpm+.
Blazened
Would be great if you explained. I have windows 8 and I googled some and found some fixes. I think disabling a service and restarting PC helped a bit.
This is the file http://puu.sh/6Mlvt.rar
Run ViziblrFixMyPen in administator and click 'make everything good'. It will disable windows options that cause problems with tablets :^)
I have windows 8 as well just so you know
Zinkon

Blazened wrote:

Run ViziblrFixMyPen in administator and click 'make everything good'. It will disable windows options that cause problems with tablets :^)
I think this fixed it for me. Either that, or I just got used to the tablet now. Played a song where the delay was visible, now it felt normal.
Ven

Woot, getting it today or tomorrow now. So excited.
stal

Blazened wrote:

Thank you! :D
HatedTacos
It's been stuck at this for few days.

Anyone in China had a delay like this?

Never mind. Arrived in china.
The Lolian
got mine today as well as stated it's a bit small for how i play with tablets but still very good.

I need to get more used to it and find a grip for the pen and where i should rest the fingers to give comfortable balance to the movements of the pen as well as not sweating protutously ~~~

if anyone has a recommendation on how to play since i can't find a comfortable play style a few suggestions might help me find a way
SkylXTumn
Same here! Mine arrived earlier today, about 6 hours back, and I've been fiddling with it ever since! I've been a mouse and keyboard player so I'm completely new to the tablet.

The tablet works smoothly and is really... nice. I don't know if the pen is considered heavy since I've never used another tablet before, but it's so much more light-weight than the mouse! Took about 4 hours to play at a similar level as my mouse, yay ^.^

All in all, amazing buy!

(The driver installed and worked completely fine too btw. I'm using 85% of the full area comfortably!) ^.^
The Lolian
can you show your pen area configured where you feel comfortably playing?
MillhioreF
Now that I've got it and played with it a bit, I'm very pleased with the quality. I have a Bamboo CTL-470 as well, and I don't feel any difference in latency between the two. The extra pen weight from the battery is barely noticeable, and the texture of the tablet actually feels nicer than the CTL-470 if you play with tablet taps rather than hovering!
Arnold0
When I read this forum and coments on youtube videos, and saw sizes differances between the osu!tablet and wacom ones I was asking myself if the size would be enouth but...

This seams a good area for me (1st time playing with a tablet), with this I'm able to go to 3/4 of Lapfox Trax feat. guilhox - Lapfoxed Forever [Noguard] before failing wich is good I think since I have the tablet since a few hours only ^^
I'm keeping the pen on the tablet (I feel more precise like this) so I hope it won't damage the tablet surface too fast because it looks realy good :)
I don't feel any latency issues too, so it's probably the same or better than my mouse that was set on 125hz to keep more CPU power.
[Kitty]
Playing primarily on Linux, I was a bit disappointed to find one of the same issues that Espionage724 had described, in that the tablet only worked for the top left corner, but I had remedied them quickly using the following command.
$ xinput set-prop "HUION" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 2 0 0.1 0 3.3 0 0 0 1
For anyone wanting to try this, note that it's specific to my setup and probably won't work for you right away. The 1st number is X scaling, 3rd is X offset, 5th is Y scaling, and 6th is Y offset.

Other than that, I've been using it for an entire day now and I've got no other complaints, it works perfectly. :)
Arnold0
I did a small video of me opening the tablet and a (failed) play ^^

I don't know what youtube did but it seams you have to change the quality to see the video :o
speace

[Kitty] wrote:

Playing primarily on Linux, I was a bit disappointed to find one of the same issues that Espionage724 had described, in that the tablet only worked for the top left corner
got my tablet today and has the same problem, i will test this. I had to go on windows to play with it and got 145 updates that took me ~2h, i almost missed the games opening because of this.
it was my first time using a tablet and i have to say it feels better than a mouse and the standard area is almost perfect for me as i got 2 screens.
Oh and Peppy, the "NULL" on my adress and the é instead of "é" on my name were funny to read :)
poinyears
I just got my tablet today and was super excited. I pluged it into my computer and it was working fine, then when i opened up osu! the cursor started jumping around really fast. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can fix it?
ztrot
is your mouse speed set to 1.0x? also I just got mine today works like a dream
poinyears

ztrot wrote:

It looks that that fixed it. Thanks a lot!
[ Stellar ]
Got my tablet today, and it seems to work fine.
I had no problem installing the drivers from CD tablet detects the pen perfectly.
The extra battery weight feels real nice, since I am (was) a mouse player.

Overall, great buy if you want a 100% working tablet for a cheap price.
ztrot

poinyears wrote:

ztrot wrote:

It looks that that fixed it. Thanks a lot!
not a problem just doing my job :P
Nyaarlathotep
Question about tablets in general. I keep hearing the terms tapping, dragging and hovering. I'm sure these are self explanatory, but I was wondering what the majority use. I'd assume dragging.
jaspry_old
The quality of the tablet itself is really good.

But since it's my first time using a tablet, I feel like I'm learning everything all over again. Can't find the right pen area that suits me and I'm still getting used to the feel of the pen. I'm surprised I'm even clearing spinners. *-*
Blazened
I don't know how you guys use such big areas cause mines tiny and i still struggle getting from side to side ;-;

ztrot

jaspry wrote:

The quality of the tablet itself is really good.

But since it's my first time using a tablet, I feel like I'm learning everything all over again. Can't find the right pen area that suits me and I'm still getting used to the feel of the pen. I'm surprised I'm even clearing spinners. *-*
seeing as the tablet is so small i personally would suggest full area
SkylXTumn

The Lolian wrote:

can you show your pen area configured where you feel comfortably playing?
I have no idea how to puush stuff, so I'm sorry if you wanted a picture >.>. That said, I use everything as the default except the area, which is 3.54 x 1.99 (85% of the full area).

Blazened wrote:

I don't know how you guys use such big areas cause mines tiny and i still struggle getting from side to side ;-;

I don't think using such a small area would be good for precision... but whatever floats your boat, I guess, since I'm a far cry from even being decent in Osu compared to all the people around here. But, I originally had trouble moving too! All I did was consciously move my wrist widely and just focus on moving my wrist loads to get my cursor to move. Then just after half an hour or so, it sort of became automatic :D
AoOni
It would be good if peppy sell the stylus and tablet separately :D
Marcin
I think stylus is standard one, so you can buy it directly from huion.
Raging Bull

Yamadash wrote:

Question about tablets in general. I keep hearing the terms tapping, dragging and hovering. I'm sure these are self explanatory, but I was wondering what the majority use. I'd assume dragging.
probably hovering.
Lust
itd be cool if osu!'s native support for these includes a mouse/hover mode of some kind
dippidy
mine didn't come with an osu! sticker 0/10.

It's actually quite nice and I prefer it to my wacom
Maki_dicks

Yamadash wrote:

I'm pretty sure most tablet users hover.
ztrot

Maki wrote:

Yamadash wrote:

I'm pretty sure most tablet users hover.

Blueprint
Mine has been in customs since Thursday sadly no updates.
Tifa_old
I just got mine today, and I have a little problem. The tablet work perfectly but I can't go in the setting. The little icon there's supposed to be at the bottom right of the screen doesn't appear, and when I try to go in the files, this (http://puu.sh/6P9wp.png) does not open.
I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it's always the same.
Does anyone know what should I do?

Edit: I try installing the Osu!Tablet with my boyfriend's computer and it work...
peppy
If the drivers don't work, please uninstall them. I will be adding native osu! support in the next few weeks.
Legxis

Tifa wrote:

I just got mine today, and I have a little problem. The tablet work perfectly but I can't go in the setting. The little icon there's supposed to be at the bottom right of the screen doesn't appear, and when I try to go in the files, this (http://puu.sh/6P9wp.png) does not open.
I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it's always the same.
Does anyone know what should I do?

Edit: I try installing the Osu!Tablet with my boyfriend's computer and it work...
I got that too before, but I just uninstalled the driver again and installed it from the zip someone in this thread posted instead. While the installation went on, it asked to overwrite files, and I said yes.

Also try this maybe. I did it in the past too:

Blazened wrote:

Would be great if you explained. I have windows 8 and I googled some and found some fixes. I think disabling a service and restarting PC helped a bit.
Keep trying, good luck =)
Giralda
Mines came in on the 7th and didn't get a chance to try it out until today. I've got to say, I really enjoy pressing that pen tip every once in a while.

Still trying to adjust my area to stop myself from overshooting my cursor.
thelewa

peppy wrote:

If the drivers don't work, please uninstall them. I will be adding native osu! support in the next few weeks.
pls gibe soon, the only tablet I have to play with is the osu!tablet right now ,_,
thelewa
aws so basically the drivers only work on windows 8

that sucks I won't be able to play osu! now ,_,
NyaoNyao_old_1
Just got my tablet couple days ago. Can anyone give me some insight on how to do spinners on the tablet? most of the times it would get stuck midway through doing a spinner is there an angle where you're supposed to spin the pen at or it just takes more practice? Everything else is fine for me just the spinners are a pain in the ass.
Legxis

thelewa wrote:

aws so basically the drivers only work on windows 8

that sucks I won't be able to play osu! now ,_,
No, works fine for me on 7 with the zip I linked to.

kaosboi wrote:

Just got my tablet couple days ago. Can anyone give me some insight on how to do spinners on the tablet? most of the times it would get stuck midway through doing a spinner is there an angle where you're supposed to spin the pen at or it just takes more practice? Everything else is fine for me just the spinners are a pain in the ass.
I personally try to hold the hand more stiff with the cursor being in the center and vibrate my ellbow. There are probably other great ways too, just try some different techniques on Tewi-Park.
show more