Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Yay! Thanks for the star!

BTW, what does mean? o.o
Phrygian
xD at the quarter rest...

It's musical notation for a one beat pause. What he's trying to say is that you don't need to have a beat filling EVERY SINGLE spot of music. =D Where the melody stops, consider having nothing going on.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Lol. Thanks, Moogle.

Map redited and beat spacing fixed for Easy and Normal!
chan
I think there is some funny resnapping action happening on this song.

[Easy]
00:10:99 - notes (2) and (3) as well as (1) and (2) of the immediately following combo seem 1/4 of a beat out.
00:47:95 - notes (1) (2) and (3) from seem a bit mis-timed? Like 1/4 of a beat too fast maybe?
00:50:53 - sounds a bit funny to me. Are they supposed to be off beat?
01:07:40 - slider is 1/4 too early, cut it back by 1/4 in length and move it forward 1/4. Also the (1) immediately following seems 1/4 of a beat out
01:15:62 - 1/4 of a beat off
01:20:25 - 1/4 of a beat off

[Normal]
00:47:95 - same problem as in easy (see above)
00:50:53 - same problem as in easy (see above)
01:09:19 - same, maybe 1/4 of a beat off for notes (1) and (5) (the slider of the combo)

[Hard]
00:10:54 - this is really weird. Play it through the editor and judge for yourself. I think a lot of the notes have been resnapped incorrectly. I won't go into detail which notes in particular (there are a lot), but basically from 00:10:54 until 00:14:65 it's a little pear-shaped
00:39:20 - a quarter beat late, as with the combo immediately following (notes 1 to 5)

[Insane]
As in hard, that introduction around 00:10:54 is weird to me.
00:39:73 - notes (3) to (6), or some of them at least, seem to be out by 1/4 of a beat

[Extremely Insane]
00:29:56 - this slider seems not timed, maybe 1/4 beat off
00:39:91 - notes (5) to (8) seem strangely timed. (8) at least seems 1/4 beat off
01:10:26 - slider seems to be 1/4 beat too early. Insert another beat here and shift the slider forward 1/4 of a beat (you'll need to cut the length of the slider by 1/4 of a beat)

Also, I think you have a spinner at [01:15:89] on most versions. I think you should place these on the beat rather than on the half beat.

Unrelated to ranking (possibly), I don't really like the layout of the beatmap, but it was too hard for me to play. I hope in future you try to be more creative in making difficult maps rather than just placing a lot of quick notes in succession. I'm leaving this as a star for now.
peppy

chan wrote:

I think there is some funny resnapping action happening on this song.

Comprehensive enough? :P
Its one thing to be brief (ohi loginer) but this is sure taking it to the other end of the scale :o.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Very nice! I was just waiting for a comment like this.

I'll work on this map pronto!
chan
In future, please take some (more) time and effort to check these things yourself. The timing issues I found were not difficult to find, but it did take time. This should really be a job for the beatmapper.

flyboy87 wrote:

Very nice! I was just waiting for a comment like this.
Don't expect myself or other mods to be so thorough in future. I'd really like to see you put in more effort into your own work rather than expecting mods do the work for you.
peppy

chan wrote:

ATTACK OF THE FULL-STOP
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Okay, you kind of misunderstood my message a little.

I'm not waiting for people to give me thorough instructions to improve on my map. I'm constantly finding ways to improve it.

I'm a poor mapper, but I'm willing to do learn and do better.
chan

flyboy87 wrote:

I'll work on this map pronto!
I noticed you bumped this beatmap. Can you give some sort of indication (make a post or edit the first post) if you're ready for this to be looked at again? If it is I'll take another look at it tonight after work.
Topic Starter
flyboy87
Oh, the map has already been edited.

It's on the first post.

Thanks for your time
chan
Seems alright to me now, insane is pretty hard to play with all those notes, but whatever. Technically, this is rankable.
Echo
Ruduen
Just noticed something odd. I thought that notes weren't ever supposed to be simultaneous, but it seems that at 00:27:173 in impossible, the 4 occurs exactly at the same time as the end of the 3 slider. Not sure if it's even a problem that needs to be fixed, but it's just something I saw.
Larto
This map got ranked last February, which means the map is old. Maps from earlier usually are shit not so good because the ranking criterias weren't specified as much as they are now. :P
LuigiHann
00:27:17 (4,3) - in Insane is, in fact, broken and unrankable. I'm gonna check with peppy if I can just unrank Insane and leave the other difficulties as they are. We don't generally unrank maps for being old and bad, but we do unrank for being old and broken.

ShaggoN must have gotten pretty lucky with the timing windows to SS this.
eee

LuigiHann wrote:

00:27:17 (4,3) - in Insane is, in fact, broken and unrankable. I'm gonna check with peppy if I can just unrank Insane and leave the other difficulties as they are. We don't generally unrank maps for being old and bad, but we do unrank for being old and broken.

ShaggoN must have gotten pretty lucky with the timing windows to SS this.
^ I demand this deranked, it was very hard to FC, so I decided to inform the fuzz
LuigiHann
peppy is gonna rewrite some scripts so that individual difficulties can be unranked. be patient
eee
happens in [Hard] too
might wanna check over it before the D-rank
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K3nsh1n_H1mur4
Is just me or this map in all levels is out of the rhythm of the song?