show more
Kyonko Hizara

GladiOol wrote:

>shygirl1999
>30 years old
Soarezi
im 49 years old
boat
I'm 78 years old but I'm really immature for my age.
mekadon_old
Unless you're a wizard, then it's pretty rare to have people over 30 here
Ibuki Suika
NotEvenDoomMusic
I forgot how old i actually am.
Am i old enough?
Sethlied
i am only a 7 year old girl
Topic Starter
DJYumene
----
Topic Starter
DJYumene
----
Garven

Loctav wrote:

p3n and Garven almost caught up already, lol
Shhh
BeatofIke
brb taking a trip to the temple of time!
I'm 23 years old btw!

P.S:Alace is 31 yers old o.o
benjanyan
-
Shohei Ohtani
A lot of the time, older people wont be very active on the forum because its not as appealing. Its kind of a known fact that as people get older, they generally wont put much time into games. Even now, im just a college student, and i have no time for osu, unless i explocity take away time from other things. A lot or people at the age of 30, are startimg families and stuff, or working a full time job. Considering the amouny of things people have to do besides just their job, osu probably ranks prettu low on that list.

Also, it looks really unappealing to a lot of older people. Its bright colors and flashing music snd happy happy fun time. A general amount of people at 30 arent too into happy happy kawaii fun animu color fun yes. Especially if the music is like this game, people are gonna have a lot of ear strain and not much understanding

Theres a decent amount of older people thst plsy tho
kouzuki_karen

benjanyan wrote:

I don't know why age is such a concern. I've never felt the need to avoid talking to others because there's an age gap.
Kanye West
21 here. Probably going to turn into a generic adult with a ridiculously hectic but largely generic adult life who worries about everything but clicking circles. It's already pretty much happening and I'm probably never coming back here within the next year.

You should be thankful though that you've kept your youth and aren't ripping your hair out every day.
Oinari-sama
I'm way older than everyone here and yet I don't feel old kekeke...
Topic Starter
DJYumene
----
Topic Starter
DJYumene
----
thelewa
osu! is a game for adolescents
Topic Starter
DJYumene
----
boat
Videogames in general appeal more to younger individuals.

I'm only in my twenties and I already rarely find any enjoyment in games.

My extensive games library is nothing but an extension of my virtual penis, I never actually get to playing any of them.
thelewa

djyumene wrote:

thelewa wrote:

osu! is a game for adolescents
Not necessarily, I don't think there is a target age for Osu to be honest. It just seems to attract young people vs the older crowd.
osu! is mainly a game about honing your skills, which takes a lot of time which is something that older people don't have

adolescents are also really good at actually learning stuff like this
kouzuki_karen
what are you talking about, of course you can never be too old to click circles, tap drums repetitively, catch fruits on your head or slam your keyboard as notes rain down your screen
Shohei Ohtani
Osu is targeted for all ages but every time i go into #osu i feel like i need to be 12 again to understand hal of the shit happening in there
kriers
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
RemmyX25
I'm an older player--- oh.
Blue Stig
I feel old for remembering the '90s.
Rorona
osu! is already targeting a niche audience with the artstyle, which is further enforced by the music that people usually map.

It's kind of regarded as a "weeaboo" game, which also means that the majority of western players are still in school, as anime is generally more popular in western societies at that age, or at least where I live. I don't really find many people that did not watch anime at a relatively young age who are interested in anime now. It's confusing to them, because not only is it in a different language, but it also has drastically different humor than one would find in western television, which is how I assume the normal family spends their time. The few exceptions are usually parents who have been introduced to anime by their children, or people who came from a different country, where the humor in the anime are quite similar to the books/graphic novels that you would find in that country.

That's why the majority of older players are actually of oriental descent, as the humor there is generally more similar to each other than to western societies, like have you seen a Chinese soap opera like what I don't even comprehend what's happening. Also, it is an assumption of mine that the majority of the players who are older usually quit after a little bit, or don't post on the forums. The reason why I believe that the majority of them quit is because they are confused by the game, or even that the game goes by too quickly for them. I've found that many adults around me find games in the first person dizzying, so they can't play them. It may be similar with osu! with the bright flashing lights and loud music. And the people that do play the game? They probably wouldn't spend their time on forums, as they are busy with other things, such as paying bills/feeding the family. Even then, with their spare time, I wouldn't think that they would go on the forums, as they would likely be confused by the immense bullshit that happens in OT or find it really awkward at least.

Have you ever gone to an anime convention? Essentially, you'd find the same people there as you would on osu!
thelewa
I've been to few anime conventions. Most of the time they're filled with gorgeous looking chicks and only few guys.

I've also spent a lot of time on osu!. Most of the people here are gorgeous looking guys (me) and there's only a few girls.

????
mathexpert

thelewa wrote:

I've been to few anime conventions. Most of the time they're filled with gorgeous looking chicks and only few guys.
wtf what convention are you going to b/c the ones I see are filled with sweaty crossplayers and/or way too many bronies
Oinari-sama

mathexpert wrote:

thelewa wrote:

wtf what convention are you going to b/c the ones I see are filled with sweaty crossplayers and/or way too many bronies
lewalewalandYaoi Expo
thelewa

mathexpert wrote:

thelewa wrote:

I'd probably have to mention that people who watch anime in Finland are 99% female and those are the people who attend cons and cosplay.

The guys who watch anime in Finland are mostly just staying indoors watching, well, anime.
Mara
This is going absolutely off-topic, but;

thelewa wrote:

I'd probably have to mention that people who watch anime in Finland are 99% female and those are the people who attend cons and cosplay.

The guys who watch anime in Finland are mostly just staying indoors watching, well, anime.
thelewa is not talking shit - I went in that one con (for the first time, I don't know anything about 'em) and I spent the whole day with about 6~ ladies.

And two guys.
kriers
Mara with a Cirno avatar? What the shit.
thelewa
DataCirno
kriers

thelewa wrote:

DataCirno
Man I had forgot. I wonder if people remember all Gumi avatars I used.
RemmyX25

mrdumpling64 wrote:

what are you talking about, of course you can never be too old to click circles, tap drums repetitively, catch fruits on your head or slam your keyboard as notes rain down your screen
you are correct, but getting old means more things getting in the way of doing said clicking
Squid

GladiOol wrote:

>shygirl1999
>30 years old