forum

Hardest video game you've encountered?

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Luanny]
Electronic Super Joy
Vainslay
People says Touhou pretty tough, but its not really.
Then again I don't have the shooting touhou games (even though I tried it), just the fighting ones ( 10.5 SWR and 12.3 UNL playing on Lunatic difficulty :) )

Dark Souls is probably one of the more difficult games I played, but I got used to it after a while and It's only somewhat harder then I thought it was. Skyrim hard as balls on highest difficulty setting,

but Street Fighter IV gotta take the cake. I feel pretty intermediate at that game, but it gets so fucking hard. :( :( :(
Falapalagas
First playthrough of Dark Souls and Catherine.

Ceph23
I don't think there was a video game that challenged me more than the original Devil May Cry 3
The one where the default difficulty was set to hard.
Chainsaw-chan_old
later parts of ninja gaiden
that's if we're talking about offcial games
Neroh
Platformers >.>
one specifically I found really difficult, Astro Boy: Omega Factor for the GBA on the hardest settings, it took me hundreds of attempts to even get past the first few levels.
Doodle99
Touhou 11.
and pokémon hacks
Varetyr
Probably Streets of Rage 3.
NOT Bare Knuckle 3, but Streets of Rage 3.
JAP version was ridiculously easy, but the US version is just an abomination.
Honestly, Hard diff. in BK3 is a lot easier than SoR3's easy diff... wtf
Sal32
Well I had a hard time fighting Dante in Devil May Cry 4 with Dante Must Die! difficulty.......
DeletedUser_3473174
Hardest video game i have encountered?

One Piece GBA (Don't know full name, i forgot)(I never finished this game)

osu! (the hard maps with ss :P)
MarioBound
I Wanna Be the Guy.........................fuck that.
Xcrypt
rhythm:
osu!,
o2jam,
IIDX

pvp:
Bloodline Champions(b4 stalker was there and b4 3v3 died),
WoW arena (Wotlk),
Starcraft,
Quake III arena,
Fighting Games(Street Fighter, King of Fighters, ...)

action:
Touhou,
Geometry Wars,
Assault Android Cactus(new game, not really super hard but still f* awesome)
Luxie_old
i just started playing league of legends like yesterday and holy christ that game is difficult
Shellghost

Luxie wrote:

i just started playing league of legends like yesterday and holy christ that game is difficult
I think League of Legends wins since the player base is so difficult.
Xcrypt
League is so casual pvp... It has a steep learning curve and it takes ages before you know all the tricks n shit but that's really all there's to it.
Also the community is probably the worst of any game I've ever seen.
druidxd
People claiming that League is actually difficult :facepalm:
Not even the original DotA (which is that much harder than LoL) is difficult, it has a steep learning curve but it's actually really simple, becoming a pro player on the other hand, IS difficult, but it's difficult for any game, so it doesn't count.

P.S.: I'm not trying to fight LoL players saying that dota is harder than LoL btw.
Shellghost
I don't think anyone said LoL was difficult. I said the playerbase is difficult.

As in difficult to deal with.

As in they're all retards.

As in explaining jokes.
Sapphiire_old_1

Shellghost wrote:

I don't think anyone said LoL was difficult. I said the playerbase is difficult.

As in explaining jokes.

I have to agree with u that the playerbase is verry difficult , but not all of them like 90 % are bad , toxic and al that shit the other 10% on the other hand are great players who i realy enjoy playing with .
druidxd

Shellghost wrote:

As in explaining jokes.
Every multiplayer TEAM based game has a community that is bad, there will always be baddies that don't know how to play (no offense) and trolls, no matter how good the anti-cheaters/leavers/afkers whatever system is, there will ALWAYS be "toxic" people in mutiplayer TEAM based games.

BTW:

Luxie wrote:

Justykanna

Shellghost wrote:

I think League of Legends wins since the player base is so difficult.
Difficult how? Difficult to deal with?

Xcrypt wrote:

League is so casual pvp... It has a steep learning curve and it takes ages before you know all the tricks n shit but that's really all there's to it.
Also the community is probably the worst of any game I've ever seen.
It's as casual as you want it to be. Depends on your own, personal approach to the game, imo. I have friends who blame teammates, wanna do anything to win, go all hardcore, etc. But I don't. I find the game as the most laid back one PC game I've had in several years.

I honestly don't think the learning curve is that large - easy to pick up, difficult to master imo.
At the same time, I had a friend start me off on learning the game, so it might be different for people who, literally, get the game and start then and there.

I'd argue the community in World of Warcraft is worse. Been playing since late-Vanilla. =P

druidxd wrote:

Every multiplayer TEAM based game has a community that is bad, there will always be baddies that don't know how to play (no offense) and trolls, no matter how good the anti-cheaters/leavers/afkers whatever system is, there will ALWAYS be "toxic" people in mutiplayer TEAM based games.
Pretty much. There will always be those kind of people in any PC game. That's just how it is.
cokeshawty
Either Ninja Gaiden (SEGA) or Kid Chameleon (SEGA).
Stefan

Shootinglight wrote:

Pokemon Black and White. If the 6th generation comes out, I just might as well kill myself.
There you go, son.
Hanyuu
http://www.solgryn.org/

I completed the alpha version of wings of vi. That was the hardest game i played, i died 600 times but i completed it :)
Trash Boat

Stefan wrote:

Shootinglight wrote:

Pokemon Black and White. If the 6th generation comes out, I just might as well kill myself.
There you go, son.
lol
Stefan

battler077 wrote:

lol
It was a three years old post which I found funny, so I have quoted it. In fact the User is probably already gone. :l
Trash Boat

Stefan wrote:

It was a three years old post which I found funny, so I have quoted it. In fact the User is probably already gone. :l
Shoothinglight R.I.P.
lyut
Infinite Space was probably the hardest game I ever played and it was on the ds :P
Chamelo
Super Mario Brother 1/2/3. (The version without wall-jumps)

Game over every times. ._.

Aaaaaaaaand. Mario Neko. > <
Shellghost
I'm so bad at Risk of Rain.

I've gotten past level 2 once.
Hanyuu

Hanyuu wrote:

http://www.solgryn.org/

I completed the alpha version of wings of vi. That was the hardest game i played, i died 600 times but i completed it :)
http://wov.solgryn.org/
I had my second run through this game on mortal mode today^^
599 deaths -> 148
Played in 3 hours roughly yay, not sure since the game kept crashing and put random time numbers.

Also watched Maddy tying it out :P maybe he will complete it one day
ArrenMarlin
-The Unfair Platformer
-Cat mario
-The Unfair Mario Bros
Try it :D
GeGGuli
Anyone posted This here yet?
Ceph23

ArrenMarlin wrote:

-The Unfair Platformer
-Cat mario
-The Unfair Mario Bros
Have not tried the other two, but cat mario is one messed up flash game. Yeah. Pretty hard.
Vainslay

Ceph23 wrote:

ArrenMarlin wrote:

-The Unfair Platformer
-Cat mario
-The Unfair Mario Bros
Have not tried the other two, but cat mario is one messed up flash game. Yeah. Pretty hard.
If you seen Chonny or I think Pewdiepie commenting on it on youtube, you'll see how insane Catmario is. and its pretty funny
Davidzi_old
Cat Mario, is honestly not that hard, Wings of Vi was is pretty hard I guess I never played too much into it. Any I wanna be the ... game are essentially just learning from your mistakes and are not too hard.

X-Men Mutant Apocalypse is pretty hard, Severance Blade of Darkness was pretty hard too.
Ceph23

Davidzi wrote:

Cat Mario, is honestly not that hard, Wings of Vi was is pretty hard I guess I never played too much into it. Any I wanna be the ... game are essentially just learning from your mistakes and are not too hard.
Yeah I figured that much out. I just had to keep trying again and again. I eventually memorized what kind of shit will happen next.
AstralPhnx
I have a bit of a list of really difficult games here...
Cat Mario: The ONLY game that made me throw my game controller across the room.
AVGN adventures: DEATH BLOCKS. TOO MANY DEATH BLOCKS
Alex Kidd in Miricle World: One hit and your dead. Die 3 times and its back to the beginning of the game for you!
Mario the lost levels: Speaks for itself.
Mario 3: Don't laugh! The level design is good but the psysics are TERRIBLE. I can never get used to them leading to many cheap deaths.
Trauma Centre Under the Knife: Good story but really REALLY hard
Mario Party DS: I SWEAR that the AI in this game is self aware! Every time I got close to a star the computer would screw me over in some way to stop me from getting it.

Honrable mention
Mario Kart DS: Good game. TERRIBLE AI. If you play mario kart wii for a couple of hours and then play mario kart ds then you'll see what I mean. Higher powered items are WAY more common, the computer screws you over in really annoying ways, and often the AI does something really annoying such as hitting you with a red shell just before you cross the finish line. By the way this is with the AI set on EASY. Need I say more.
Trash Boat
i just started playing Mortal Kombat Armageddon for Wii, it has too much Death Traps on Konquest mode. 1 hit and YOU ARE DEAD
hehe Cx
dark souls oh and TouHou project
kai_kazuto
I wanna be the guy gaiden... this game is impossible.
show more