forum

[duplicate] Adding Advanced Easy Beatmap Creator?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
CodexLink
Hi Everyone! :D

it seems i see others how hard to create beatmaps at this time.
Well i find a new idea which is called Advanced Easy Beatmap Creator
which you can start mapping by playing a song and use your key (z and x) which can create a circle on the area where the cursor is.(on osu!standard).

So isn't that great? :D
PyaKura
Doesn't it already exist, called Live Mapping or something ?
Ah, in fact it exists for mania (and for Taiko I believe, dunno about STD or CTB) but even it does sound like a good idea, hardly anybody uses it for several reasons (the first being the lack of accuracy, unless you're mapping very simple patterns). Mapping like this in STD sounds like a bad idea if you're going to map seriously (circles and sliders positioning, and other stuff I'm not familiar with). Don't 100% trust my words though.
FrzR
The idea might be good but i don't know on how it should be implemented. Proper distance should be maintained.
Oinari-sama

Fr33z3R wrote:

The idea might be good but i don't know on how it should be implemented. Proper distance should be maintained.
Well...

If the click timing/position can be registered roughly first, is it possible to add an "align" function after timing details are set (SV/DS/division)? eg the objects will snap to the closest division in the timing window + map grid after hitting this "Align." The objects can be dragged around the map grid afterwards, limited by DS.

(I'm not that familiar with the editor so I don't know if that's feasible)
Your Good Self
t/125730
t/161217
something like these?

Anyway if I had to come up with what to map while playing it'll just end up being a really boring map with no nice patterns in it. Personally I take quite some time to think of what comes next and I would never be able to think fast enough. Result: crappy maps everywhere D:

So, why not just use the current editor window?
  1. distance snapping automatically done (if enabled)
  2. notes are automatically snapped in time according to the beat snap divisor
  3. you can play though the song at (almost) any speed you like
  4. if your fingers are fast enough (slow down the song if you aren't) you can add new combos and even hitsounds on the spot as you go along
  5. tricky slider that didn't come out right? pause instantly, scroll through, edit and continue without messing up the spacing for the notes after
  6. you get to see the timeline, so you can start and end sliders/spinners on time (hopefully)
Just leave the song running while you click in notes. If something is too rapid (e.g. streams) pause momentarily or slow down. Toggle between circle/slider/spinner via the keyboard.
TheVileOne
You can almost do this with the current game mechanics. It wont make you map any better.