forum

Completely Transparent skin!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yii
For a little while now I been modifying my favorite skins so that everything is transparent like the Score bar, Accuracy, Score, and Combo that way I'm able to enjoy all my favorite songs without having to worry about "Am I going to beat this?" , "omfg I'm gonna fail..." , "Bye bye big combo" , "Wow my accuracy sucks.." so now all that stress and worry is gone with my skins! xD

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQHlNsMtCdY

Tell me what you guys think?
XPJ38
Er what do you want us to say? If this trick is suitable for your needs, then good for you. Personally this is no-go.
deadbeat
someone already did this a few years back, hardly thread worthy imo
Orichalcom
It's really only suitable for casual players, instead of those who are trying to go up in ranks.
Topic Starter
Yii
Yeah I just wanted to make it so I can enjoy the songs without worry in a way it kind of helps me practice on harder songs cause there are no distractions
Topic Starter
Yii

XPJ38 wrote:

Er what do you want us to say? If this trick is suitable for your needs, then good for you. Personally this is no-go.
Thanks for the reply xD Idk, I just didn't see anything about transparent skins so I wanted see what people think like would it be good for catching notes in hard song? or just to relieve some stressful elements like worrying about score, accuracy, etc. either way it was just a fun little skin I made for my self so no big deal haha
TouchFluffyTail
I made one of these over a year ago, but instead of making all the numbers transparent (since you obviously can't see your scoreboard that way) I made them very small and black. :P
Of course this was back when everything in the game was 4:3 and there were solid black bars on the side of every map when played in 16:9, so in play you couldn't see the numbers. It doesn't work as well anymore unless you use 100% dim on everything.

I sorta wish there was an option to disable combo/accuracy/score display while in play (have them fade in during breaktime maybe) buuuuut it doesn't super matter, and no serious player would use it.
Topic Starter
Yii

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

I made one of these over a year ago, but instead of making all the numbers transparent (since you obviously can't see your scoreboard that way) I made them very small and black. :P
Of course this was back when everything in the game was 4:3 and there were solid black bars on the side of every map when played in 16:9, so in play you couldn't see the numbers. It doesn't work as well anymore unless you use 100% dim on everything.

I sorta wish there was an option to disable combo/accuracy/score display while in play (have them fade in during breaktime maybe) buuuuut it doesn't super matter, and no serious player would use it.
Yeah I think that would be cool xD I wished they could make it so we could disable too! But yeah this is just for the general enjoy of songs. I switch back to my other skin when I get serious xD
Martinawa
I'm a casual player, I really don't care about 100's and combo breaks and anything about that, but I really don't see the point on hiding everything on the screen that isn't the gameplay itself. Maybe it's because i'm used to it and I don't pay attention to combo nor score/accuracy. And the playfield is made for them, so score/combo numbers don't annoy you while playing. And maybe it would make me more nervous not having that numbers instead of having them.

It could be an interesting concept for some people, though.