forum

Greatest Idea Mafia - Game Over (Mafia Win)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lincolm
Hey, Blue Yoshi, what card did you use for your alignment?
Zexion
Vote: GuyInFreezer
Topic Starter
Sakura
Page grab
Topic Starter
Sakura
Lincolm (1): GuyInFreezer
Blue Yoshi (1): Irreversible
Sephibro (1): Blue Yoshi
[L-2]>GuyInFreezer (2): Lincolm, Zexion_Vi

Not voting (2): Sephibro, CalignoBot

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch
Blue Yoshi_old
Used VT for alignment.
I could've used Hirosute townie for alignment, but I would've rather used that as my public choice.
GuyInFreezer
RQS time

1) which faction do you prefer? Town, mafia/ww, or SK?
2) do you prefer funny role or serious role?
3) do you think massclaiming the alignment card is a good idea?
GuyInFreezer
1) town in serious games, SK in joke games (ilike chat mafia)
2) serious roles
3) yes.
Irreversible
1) can I ask what SK is? I'll answer then o.o
2) uhm, well i don't really see which role is funny and which not.
3) Can't really tell, don't have any experience with it (just being honest, lol)
GuyInFreezer
SK is a serial killer, aka third party.
Funny roles like psychomagnetizer (I think that's what it's called), WPWT, etc. Norm roles are the general roles that you should know.
Sephibro

GuyInFreezer wrote:

RQS time

1) which faction do you prefer? Town, mafia/ww, or SK?
2) do you prefer funny role or serious role?
3) do you think massclaiming the alignment card is a good idea?
1) Town
2) Funny role i guess
3) I still have to think of a good strategy for this game, i would say no for the moment

Vote: Lincolm for the moment
Sephibro
Oh and there are at least Survivors and Aliens too among the factions
Irreversible
1) k then, town
2) Never played any of those, but I'm sure it'd be fun
GuyInFreezer
Lincolm vote is a good vote. Just see what he discarded.

Also I think claiming alignment card will be good because sometimes the two claimed alignment cards can counterclaim each other because scum would have to lie about his alignment card. It's not like we're revealing our roles or anything. Just an alignment.
Zexion
1) Maybe town because ignorance is bliss sometimes.
2) Funny roles. The funnier the better.
3) No idea. First time playing this setup, but at least it allows some hints... but not too good hints either.
Irreversible
GIF, why are you so agressively trying to lead the conversation?
Sephibro
this is the fact: in usual games one should always claim the "good" faction, i.e. the one which has the majority. The only safe claim in this game is Town, since we're sure that townies don't know each other

Then no, alignment mass-claim is NOT a good idea
Blue Yoshi_old
1. 3rd party of any variety (survivor, sk, hurr durr)
2. For this setup specifically I like funny roles, because that's the reason this setup was made.
3. No input on this, unless you mean the actual role.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Bump of Faith
Topic Starter
Sakura
[L-2]>Lincolm (2): GuyInFreezer, Sephibro

Not voting (1): CalignoBot

Irreversible
Wait, Lincolm votes for hisself?

You saw nothing!

-Sakura
Irreversible
^ should be in bold
GuyInFreezer

Sephibro wrote:

this is the fact: in usual games one should always claim the "good" faction, i.e. the one which has the majority. The only safe claim in this game is Town, since we're sure that townies don't know each other
That's the point.
We all know that mafia won't claim mafia, wolf won't claim wolf, etc.
So they'll gonna lie. When they lie, there's a chance that the alignment card might cross, creating a counterclaim. (E.G. There's only one "Town Vigilant". If two people claim that they used Town Vig as their alignment card, we have scum in those two.)
GuyInFreezer

Irreversible wrote:

GIF, why are you so agressively trying to lead the conversation?
Because I can 8-)
Irreversible
oh really :x
Blue Yoshi_old

GuyInFreezer wrote:

So they'll gonna lie. When they lie, there's a chance that the alignment card might cross, creating a counterclaim. (E.G. There's only one "Town Vigilant". If two people claim that they used Town Vig as their alignment card, we have scum in those two.)
Nowhere does it say that the pool of roles is taken out as each person gets their 3 choices.
Irreversible
What if Blue Yoshi dropped his town card (which isn't good for us), while taking a scum factionned role? So he can act like he's done something good for us, but in real you just want to trick us, while he's really being scum?

Or am I totally wrong with this thought?
GuyInFreezer

Blue Yoshi wrote:

GuyInFreezer wrote:

Nowhere does it say that the pool of roles is taken out as each person gets their 3 choices.
But I know how this setup works.
Unless Sakura messed up, you are not allowed to get duplicate cards. She linked the role list in OP, I believe.
Irreversible
uhm, there's a 'you' in my sentence which should obviously be a 'he'
Irreversible
btw, i'm now offline, sleeping time, cya guys
GuyInFreezer
"you" as in general.
Lincolm
RQS is wasting time.

GuyInFreezer wrote:

Lincolm vote is a good vote. Just see what he discarded.
Lol your discarded card is very good as scum team. Especially werewolf, you can kill or roleblock people and discard it? No no no, your card is a distraction for become more townie. Your RQS prove me right any way.

Cop only can detect mafia and I don't know how many mafias will be, maybe even 0. In 7P, it is almost likely worthless role. I randomize my discarded card anyway. They were FBI Agent or Cop. ;)

What is your alignment card then?
Topic Starter
Sakura
I should've added it to the setup description but the way roles are distributed I put the entire list on random.org and then start giving 3 roles in order to each player in the playerlist in order.
[L-2]>Lincolm (2): GuyInFreezer, Lincolm

GuyInFreezer
Town lover, because screw lovers.
GuyInFreezer

Lincolm wrote:

Lol your discarded card is very good as scum team. Especially werewolf, you can kill or roleblock people and discard it? No no no, your card is a distraction for become more townie. Your RQS prove me right any way.
I'm trying to understand what you're trying to say here, but sadly, I can't.
Zexion

Sakura wrote:

I should've added it to the setup description but the way roles are distributed I put the entire list on random.org and then start giving 3 roles in order to each player in the playerlist in order.

Then that would mean that two people could have gotten the same role card? From what I understand, that would be a yes.
Lincolm
Well. sorry about that. Werewolf can kill someone. Roleblock can block power role or scum kill . I mean, you can have your own alignment with kill or roleblock someone.

You prefer other power rather than roleblock, which mean this one is more powerful. I don't want to know this power, but isn't werewolf with power is very powerful? Hey, if you get werewolf + power, you can kill someone + use your power at the same time in night, rather than town + power.

I think you discarded that card because you're trying to appear more townie, as you get 2 scums cards, it doesn't matter what alignment, it is still scum team.
Lincolm

Zexion_Vi wrote:

Then that would mean that two people could have gotten the same role card? From what I understand, that would be a yes.
Yes.

Maybe you can look in here.
GuyInFreezer

Zexion_Vi wrote:

Sakura wrote:

random.org lists use unrepeated sequence, so it would be "no."
However, some roles have multiple cards (for example, VT have 6 or 7 cards, I believe.)

Lincolm wrote:

Well. sorry about that. Werewolf can kill someone. Roleblock can block power role or scum kill . I mean, you can have your own alignment with kill or roleblock someone.

You prefer other power rather than roleblock, which mean this one is more powerful. I don't want to know this power, but isn't werewolf with power is very powerful? Hey, if you get werewolf + power, you can kill someone + use your power at the same time in night, rather than town + power.

I think you discarded that card because you're trying to appear more townie, as you get 2 scums cards, it doesn't matter what alignment, it is still scum team.
Even if I got 2 scum cards (I didn't.), I could discard one and use the other scum role for the role therefore making myself as town, if that's what you're talking about.
GuyInFreezer
Also roleblocker is not my style.
GuyInFreezer
I don't like how this doesn't give me a preview or anything.
So, yes, roles can be duplicate, but only for certain roles.

Also there are 12, not 6. (I'm still thinking of an old Great idea deck -.-)
show more