forum

7p Jester Mafia (Jester/Mafia win host lose)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyquill
this doesn't make sense. If he actualy was jester why did he not keep himself at L1
Topic Starter
pieguyn
everyone decided to get Dake. after all, his avatar is so similar to someone else's, right? he's the only one who would do something like this = =

DakeDekaane - Vanilla Townie - lynched D1

the next morning, they noticed something was wrong. First off, one of the beds had been placed vertically right inside the hallway, blocking it. after moving it they found someone had shot the chandelier down, seemingly again for no reason. but that wasn't the only thing.. they realized someone was missing. Then they realized it was LS's bed that was blocking the hallway.. 0.0

LadySuburu - Vanilla Townie - killed N1

It is D2. with 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch. deadline is 9/14 7:00 GMT, 82:41 from now
LadySuburu

pieguy1372 wrote:

LadySuburu - Vanilla Townie - killed N1

bah! Post wrote:

Go jester/town!
Irreversible
Nyquill did you kill ladysuburu?
Nyquill

Irreversible wrote:

Nyquill did you kill ladysuburu?
Irre are you scum
Irreversible
No, i'm town. how about you?
Nyquill
I can read pms quite well yes I am town
Irreversible
But you avoided my question whether you've killed LadySuburu or not. A no would have been enough, since it would prove that you're town
Vote: Nyquill
SeiinaAraki
that's my kind of logic
vote: Nyquill
Nyquill
Vote: Senasaki
Nyquill
Btw we're effectively at lylo now.
Lincolm
You guys dumb or what?

Seriously this is essentially LyLo and please unvote that.

I don't see how Nyquill or Irre is scum.
Lincolm
Oh actually I forgot about my PM.

Vote : Nyquill
Topic Starter
pieguyn
wow that was fast 0.0

everyone woke up and immediately decided to lynch Nyquill. No one knew why they decided such a thing so quickly, but everyone took the day off. wait they were at a party, why would they take a day off from a party 0.0

Nyquill - Vanilla Townie - lynched D2

it is N2. deadline is 9/12 2:35 GMT (24:00 from now)
Nyquill
lol gg lincolm wp
Irreversible
...omg lol
NoHitter
Pre-Vote: NoHitter

/o/
Topic Starter
pieguyn
everyone woke up to find Irreversible's room was completely missing. where his room was, there was now a massive hole leading outside. No one thought about it till they realized Irrevesible was missing too. 0.0

Irreversible - Vanilla Townie - killed N2

It is D3. with 3 alive, it's 2 to lynch. deadline is 9/15 7:00 GMT (85:00 from now)
Topic Starter
pieguyn
votecount 3.01

NoHItter (1) - NoHItter
NoHitter
Vote:NoHitter

Let's win this one /o/
Lincolm
Vote : NoHitter
Lincolm
Don't care any way which one is the jester :)

Good game. Seriously, NH really shocked me out with his claim and I already planned to kill him in N1.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
everyone immediately lynched NoHItter. then he jumped through a hole in the bed that somehow no one noticed , cleared the chandelier, and left through the hole where Irre's room was. seems he was the one fking with everyone the whole time 0.0

NoHItter - Jester - Lynched D3
NoHItter wins!

and with that, Lincolm took the opportunity to shoot SenaSaki while he was wondering what just happened. no one knew what happened to pieguy, but it's rumored he locked himself in the basement for 495 years because he inadvertently invited a killer to his party...

BAD END

SenaSaki - Vanilla Townie - endgamed

Lincolm - Mafia Goon - WINNER

Actions:
  • N1:
  1. Lincolm kills LadySuburu
    N2:
  2. Lincolm kills Irreversible
Notes:
  1. turns out setup seems kind of broken.. won't host this setup again till I figure out the best way to fix >_<//
thx for playing everyone :D
Lincolm
The setup is kinda need a power in town. How about 1 shot-vig? Or maybe Double Voter? That's kinda neat I think. Which that allow town to shoot jester and 1 confirmed town.

I think as scum in here, if the jester is a good guy, Jester = Mafia Unlynchable (except LyLo) Traitor.

After the Jester claiming, it means the town only have 2 lynch to lynch scum, in 6 (actually 7) person and 4 (actually 5) person condition (jester can't be lynched, remember?).

I think 7 person already balance this setup.
Sakura
IMO, Jester setups are better if town doesnt know if the jester exists or not (but knows there IS a possibility) this leaves them in a position of deciding whether scummy behavior is from Jester or Scum, also then you can make game end on Jester win if Jester is lynched so there's some incentive for Jester not winning by claiming.

also shameless self-advertisement: p/2565522
Irreversible
oh dear.. i ruined that game D:
Amianki
The problem with most jester setups is the town/mafia/jester endgame thing. That has to be directly addressed in some way in order for a jester setup to be truly balanced, since it's an inevitable possibility with pretty much any jester setup.

There are definitely ways past it, though. Having a time limit before the earliest time that can occur is one way of doing it, although that has inherent balance issues in of itself.
Sakura
Stating in the jester role pm that if he self-votes he'll be modkilled?
Topic Starter
pieguyn
let's move the posts from mod queue into here

LS wrote:

Mafia cannot joint-win with jester.

In LyLo, if there is a tie in votes for who gets lynched at deadline, the game ends in a loss for all players.

With those two rules in play, then it doesn't become an automatic end and still requires strategy and good playing by each alignment.

Don't think I'm missing something, but if I am mention it and I should be able to come up with a fix. It shouldn't be that hard to balance a jester game (I am also experimenting with the jester role at the moment, but I'll need a game more focused on what i've designed to get better results.)
the problem is, for either Mafia or Town to win in 3p LyLo, they have to get a vote from the Jester. however, in this case, if the Jester votes someone they lose immediately, so they would never vote anyone

IMO the 7-p game with the mafia and jester joint win should be allowed.
Town has two days to find Mafia and not lynch Jester.

In the original setup; (1-3-1) Day 1 was already do or die for town with only one ML.
problem is it keeps moving LyLo up. just by having 1 vote on someone on D2, town already loses if it's the wrong person. it's too hard to find mafia in this case :?

IMO, Jester setups are better if town doesnt know if the jester exists or not (but knows there IS a possibility) this leaves them in a position of deciding whether scummy behavior is from Jester or Scum, also then you can make game end on Jester win if Jester is lynched so there's some incentive for Jester not winning by claiming.
town's already disadvantaged enough already = =, forcing to possibly not lynch mafia just in case there's a jester seems too much

Stating in the jester role pm that if he self-votes he'll be modkilled?
same problem as LS's case

what about this: Jester has to be lynched before LyLo in order to win. If it survives to LyLo, it wins with town and thus has to vote mafia to win.
that immediately prevents all the BS where the Jester just has to survive to LyLo to claim a joint win, ensures there's a decisive end too
Amianki
The second part of that win condition doesn't make sense. Just forcing it to win before LyLo is sufficient. Although honestly, that wouldn't really work in small games.
LadySuburu
In my case jester only loses immediately if they vote town. If they vote mafia then town still has to decide which of the two is mafia. It be becomes Rock Paper Scissors mafia style.

Though I just thought of other problems with that.

As for jester having to win before lylo, I sort of already tested that.
My solution was if the jester is alive the night before lylo, he dies in place of the mafia kill.

Posting from phone so might miss errors or lack of explaining.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
In my case jester only loses immediately if they vote town. If they vote mafia then town still has to decide which of the two is mafia. It be becomes Rock Paper Scissors mafia style.
either way, if they happen to vote mafia,in the end, they'll still end up losing. so they might as well not vote at all which causes problems

LadySuburu wrote:

My solution was if the jester is alive the night before lylo, he dies in place of the mafia kill.
oo I like this
Topic Starter
pieguyn

CalignoBot wrote:

The second part of that win condition doesn't make sense. Just forcing it to win before LyLo is sufficient. Although honestly, that wouldn't really work in small games.
if Jester can't win he has no reason to even bother, leaving town/mafia voting each other with no other votes which turns it into "lolol whoever votes first wins"

even if I implement the rule "if there's a tie at LyLo, everyone loses", Jester loses anyway so it doesn't matter ><
Amianki
Changing their win condition at LyLo is technically bastard modding, though. :/
Topic Starter
pieguyn
it's not bastard cause I say outright at the start of the game it'll happen

even if it "technically" is, the whole idea of bastard modding is really unexpected stuff that isn't revealed to the players at first 0.0

and who says bastard games can't be fun anyway :P

well anyway, LS's solution seems pretty good for me regardless ~~
Nyquill
actually, the correct win condition should be mafia wins in case of a lylo situation with jester and town since mafia holds the same amount of votes as town does?
Topic Starter
pieguyn
no, mafia needs 50% votes total 0.0
Sakura
Mafia knows when they control half the votes, or nothing can prevent it from happening, I'm not sure whether a Jester counts as not preventing it from happening since a jester is more likely to self-vote on LyLo.

Looks like a good tread on Mafia Discussion in MS should be created.