forum

What was the worst anime you've ever seen?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Chirikatori
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.

Weird anime.
To be honest, I have no idea why I even watched this.
JKDV
School Days. It's horrible...
Then there's Chaos;Head which is nearly as horrible.
threenash
Girls Bravo
Tsukiko T
What is for you the worst anime ever ?

Saint Seiya Omega for me.
Alpha Kitten
boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai
Jacqli
Toradora!
Ao no Exorcist

and also...

t/50018
Ideolo
School Days. Nuff said.
Knarf
Sword Art Online, Attack on Titans.

Jacqli wrote:

and also...

t/50018
mathexpert

Ideolo wrote:

School Days. Nuff said.
Not necessarily talking to you in particular, but it annoys me to no end when people claim an anime is bad because the characters are unlikeable. Since when do the characters have to be"likeable" for the anime to convey a message that otherwise is unique and profound?
I see this in a lot of people that dislike Evangelion because Shinji is a bitch. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT, IT'S FOR CHARACTERIZATION AND ADVANCEMENT OF THE THEMES IN THE ANIME!!! If shinji was a generic male protag and asuka was a typical tsundere and rei was a typical shy quiet girl and gendou was a generic anime dad, evangelion would have been a mediocre, generic anime.
</end rant>

With that being said, yeah I think school days is a bit too slow paced at first, and also exaggerated. However, it does have a unique reflection of some aspects of society today and breaks free from the typical harem anime. It's far from being the worst anime of all time in my opinion.
deadbeat

mathexpert9981 wrote:

With that being said, yeah I think school days is a bit too slow paced at first, and also exaggerated. However, it does have a unique reflection of some aspects of society today and breaks free from the typical harem anime. It's far from being the worst anime of all time in my opinion.
really? it's one of the few animes i could not just stand watching ;~;

also merged new thread with original :p
Mogsy

mathexpert9981 wrote:

The thing with School Days is that the context in which it is initially presented is, even tonally, a hormonal escapist fantasy. The only person consistently shown to be in the "right", in terms of framing, is Makoto. The reactions of the other characters are catty and irresponsible, as well, but they're vilified while Makoto never gets his just desserts until the very end of the show. It's purely because of the source material that the show strays away from typical harem formula. However, the lack of legitimate real world consequences (replacing them with soap opera antics) in addition to killing characters off instead of offering any commentary on the actions or character type make this show woefully empty and all the more aggravating to watch.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but seriously, it's unpleasant in a way that does not illicit any sort of intellectual discourse, but in a way that just infuriates most viewers. The truly despicable nature of the characters, for the most part, without any sort of actual real-world context (which is what a good deconstruction is supposed to do: take genre conventions and apply actual real world logic/emotions to them), makes it truly hard to sit through. While the last episode has quite the cathartic moment (due to spending all season hating all three of the main characters), it's still not one of my favourite things that I've sat through.

To get back on topic, though: Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou (Dog & Scissors) has officially entered this list. Wow, what garbage.
El Koko
Higurashi no naku koro ni is by far the worst I've ever seen. I don't think anything can compare to it.
Remonwater
fortune arterial or kono naka ni hitori imouto ga iru(at least it was moe)
CrazyErrorMan
For me, Origin: Spirits of the past is one of the worst anime movies I have seen.
Nub1
Naruto i think, i like it at first, but then.. the storyline is so boring now.
Dieathan
Master of Martial Hearts

Good God it is bad. The animation is bland, the characters are uninteresting, the battles aren't exiting, the opening song sounds awful, and its ending is just completely WTF. I didn't think it was possible for a show to fail at fanservice (A fanservice show at that), but somehow Master of Martial Hearts managed to screw even that up, leaving almost nothing redeemable about it whatsoever.
Amianki
Chaos Head >_>
Knarf

CalignoBot wrote:

Chaos Head >_>
^ :(
Tsukune
Vampire Knight :l
Taadashi
Casshern Sins...
Mari Heiwajima
Negima. (I also read the manga but I didn't like it)
Sentient_DELETED
School days~
aliciasimoned
Black Butler II
Ideolo

aliciasimoned wrote:

Black Butler II
I've seen worse.
Read the manga if you want a better black butler.
Alebisale
Deadman wonderland, i only liked the intro song..that made me keep watching it lol.
CorruptSequence
Princess Resurrection... so terribad I forgot it existed
Seikunai
Kanokon
acid
Either Madoka Magica or BRS. :O The storyline was really boring.
Opticallusion
I'm going to discount ecchi because then it'd be too hard to choose.

The second season of Haruhi Suzumiya. The endless eight was just too much for me. Not to mention that the last few episodes showed how much of a bitch Haruhi is.
anthag
Sorry but... Mine is Hellsing, I were forced to look it through by a classmate and didn't really enjoy it at all
The Joker
The worst anime I have seen so far, because it was so slow and took so long for the story to progress is Kimi no Todoke
Fzero100
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Rather than 'worst anime' I would call this 'the most boring anime'. I literally fell asleep in the first episode.
Danang_25
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

too many dialog which i don't understand and make me booring, just watch 1 episode then i'm deleting the video
SayaB
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Pet Life (HUE) and Arcana Famiglia
IsseiTheBest
Dragon Ball GT! IS A F*CKING FILLER!
Liiraye

Tsukushi-chan wrote:

Either Madoka Magica or BRS. :O The storyline was really boring.
What? Did you watch the same madoka as I did? It is FAR from the worst in this industry. On the other side of the scale actually.

I agree that BRS was pretty 'meh' but simply saying madoka is boring won't suffice here. Please elaborate
daredakke
Mirai Nikki.

Why I ever bothered watching it all the way through I'll never know.
TsundeRien
-
Mbjenifer123
Definitely Senran Kagura...
_Remi
Another.

Plot holes made my eyes bleed.

The 'horror' and 'mystery' were shit were sub-par at best.
show more