forum

[duplicate] Spectate maps owned by you

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Anju_old_1
Hi there, this is my first post on the forums.

:idea: I have noticed something that would be a definite hit and very useful on Osu! in my short time of playing this game.
I often feel like going into the user list and being able to search for who is currently playing maps that i own in my beatmap library [so I can spectate them playing the map], but there is no function available.

[Just for clarity, for example: Press F9 for users online and then if there was a search bar to search a map and then it would list users playing that map, or if you had to click a check box like in multiplayer saying maps owned by you and then it would bring up all users playing maps that you own]

Please would you consider adding this function into Osu?
I am sure others will agree they would like this too.

Let me know,
Thanks in advance and all the best.
Oinari-sama
Nice idea, but "Search for maps in library being played" will likely cause server/system strain for people with 20k+ maps.

This could be useful as a feature in osu!direct. When a link is clicked, in addition to "Download, Go To Map, etc" let osu!direct display an extra option to search for the user who's currently playing that map. This will be a new way to "preview" a map. and the search is limited to a single map so the server strain is minimal compared to the OP.

The search result for players currently playing the map should be sorted by Progress by default (are there existing ability to do this?). Additional sorting such as Rank and Location can be added later if the devs think this is worth doing.

EDIT: Nevermind I had to read your post twice to see your intention. You might wanna consider bringing that stuff in the 2nd paragraph up front.
_koinuri
deadbeat
^ supporting that thread would be better